• when i use remove unused footage and save my projects  and close ae  and  comeback to finish my work  it giving me  error layer does not have a source 

it destroy my projects
  • im using TypeMonkey with cs6 and i cant upload the project because its too big sorry Orrin .. all i can cay is my projects contains video files  and the only text iam using it with text monkey 
  • upload it without the video or any other assets.
  • now i dont know what to say .... every thing now is normal and working fine ... how could that be ??? its not the first time this happens to me 
  • here is the file it went wrong again

http://ar.rghost.net/52140663
  • any good news about my project ???
  • I think I might have gotten something...try updating the camera and let me know if that fixes it.
  • no.. it dint fix the proplem
  • just to make sure- you clicked on the update button in the MonkeyCam UI box and it didn't fix the problem? 

If you turn the eyeball off on the monkeycam and see the entire compositon (with the wireframes of the control layers visible), you should see those animating as you scroll thru the animation...right? 
  • no.. it dint fix the proplem
    Please open a support ticket for direct help as this back and forth here is not helpful to other users.
  • just to make sure- you clicked on the update button in the MonkeyCam UI box and it didn't fix the problem? 

If you turn the eyeball off on the monkeycam and see the entire compositon (with the wireframes of the control layers visible), you should see those animating as you scroll thru the animation...right? 
     first answer it didnt fix  it , the scond answer is there is nothing animating after i turned off the eye ball of the monkey cam 
  • i finally finished the projects and here is what i did 

• i finally finished the projects and here is what i did 
    Very cool.  However it looks as if you did not use the Arabic Text Modifier.  Were you aware of it?
  • i use it all the project long
  • zizo- 
    nice work!

remember you can also use the key commands (click the star button) to set type in lines...it could add some variety to a layout.
  • thank you guys for your all hard work ... and honestly you need to find out a solution for the problem i faced  .. thank you so much .
  • Zizo- I took another look at your project and I think the issue was that it was just moving too fast - there were too many words in too short a time so the animation was triggering very quickly. There was nothing technically wrong with TypeMonkey, it was just the nature of the project.

Ways to get around that would include using the key commands and grouping words together, or using LayerMonkey and transitioning between phrases rather than words (see the tutorial).
  • thank you orrin for your advice i will be aware of it next time .
  • I'm enjoying the Type Monkey script.  One question, after adjusting the size of a text layer, that layer and all following are no longer framed correctly by the camera.  Is there a remedy for this?  Is there a way to add some manual control for the camera?  I tried parenting the target to an additional null, no luck there...
  • I'm enjoying the Type Monkey script.  One question, after adjusting the size of a text layer, that layer and all following are no longer framed correctly by the camera.  Is there a remedy for this?  Is there a way to add some manual control for the camera?  I tried parenting the target to an additional null, no luck there...
    Hi Gabriel- It won't automatically reframe it, but you can set a couple keyframes on the camera and adjust the Z position or the zoom. I'd have to know more about what you're trying to do to suggest other options for the camera...but in general, the target is really integrated into the entire build, so messing with that doesn't usually work. You might also have some success manipulating the text layers themselves, not their control layers (it could have the same effect as manipulating the camera in some cases) but like I said, I'd have to know more about what you want to do. If you'd like, open up a ticket and we'll figure it out.
  • Guys, more kudos - great script and many thanks.  Didn't see this question phrased in exactly this way throughout the many messages here, but I apologize if I've missed it.  I have a layout with a couple elements on-screen, and I'd like my monkey-generated animation to scale down just a little and move toward the upper left quadrant of the screen.  Scaling is no problem, done on the TM Master Control layer.  Not sure what the best way is to reposition the whole animation - what's the best practice for this?  Thanks again!
  • Guys, more kudos - great script and many thanks.  Didn't see this question phrased in exactly this way throughout the many messages here, but I apologize if I've missed it.  I have a layout with a couple elements on-screen, and I'd like my monkey-generated animation to scale down just a little and move toward the upper left quadrant of the screen.  Scaling is no problem, done on the TM Master Control layer.  Not sure what the best way is to reposition the whole animation - what's the best practice for this?  Thanks again!
    Hi Matthew-
    Since everything is so integrated,the best way to go about it ts to work within the Monkey system....So for this one I'd recommend the "Phantom Layer Technique"...from the FAQ:

How can I pull back so all the text is visible at the end of animation?

The easiest way would be to insert a "phantom word" at the end of the animation- an extra word that you can reposition (pull forward in Z space, up on the Y axis, or whatever), then unshy the layers and turn it invisible (turn off the eye icon). You might want to move the end of the work area earlier so you have a hold at the end as well.

Let me know if that helps.

• Thanks for the quick response, Orrin.  I had read that tip in the FAQ, but I may be missing something.  I set up an animation to illustrate - the text is "first second third fourth fifth sixth phantom".  TM generates this:image

If I understand you, I should change the position of the "phantom" control layer and turn off its visibility, but when I do that, the position of the animation remains the same.  Since every control layer is parented to the layer above it, how would changing this affect the position of the animation?

Sorry- I misread- I thought u wanted to have it squeeze up and to the left at the end... Which is what the phantom layer would be good for.
    If u want everything to be squeezed up and to the left the whole time u can use monkeytools to unlock all the text layers, select them all and move them manually...try that - if that doesn't work open a support ticket and we'll figure it out.
  • Btw- the way the phantom works is that since its at the end, by sliding its control layer to the left and forward in z space, the camera moves with it...but since it occurs after the others, they are not moved in space...they stay whee they are.
  • Your suggestion worked.  For anyone else with a similar question, to globally scale and move the entire animation, change the scale on the TM Master Control layer.  To reposition the animation, open MonkeyTools, click UnShy Text/Images, select all of your text layers, hit the P key to open the position property and move the lot where you want them.  Thanks for the great products and service, Orrin!
  • Hey Orrin,

What's your recommendation on using TypeMonkey and LayerMonkey in conjunction together?
  • Hey Orrin,

What's your recommendation on using TypeMonkey and LayerMonkey in conjunction together?

Hey VinhSon- Theres a tutorial on that on the product page called ;Combining Monkeys'...check it out.
  • I'd like to respectfully suggest the addition (down the road) of some kind of optional "fade out" function — where the last word or phrase fades out as the new one arrives. Quickly, slowly, instantly... Many thanks.
  • Hi Orrin, I can't thank you and Dan enough for helping me out this Easter with TYPEMONKEY and LAYERMONKEY.  The MONKEYTOOLS, especially the scene maker, saved my life in streamlining my project. To manually do this project would have taken days. It was so much fun to use your plugin.  I also used the Speech analysis in Premiere, thanks to your tutorial...who knew?.... and that was so amazing!

Here's my final project. http://youtu.be/UUbF0NsVs3w if you have time to check it out!

All the best,

Steve

• Hi Orrin, I can't thank you and Dan enough for helping me out this Easter with TYPEMONKEY and LAYERMONKEY.  The MONKEYTOOLS, especially the scene maker, saved my life in streamlining my project. To manually do this project would have taken days. It was so much fun to use your plugin.  I also used the Speech analysis in Premiere, thanks to your tutorial...who knew?.... and that was so amazing!

Here's my final project. http://youtu.be/UUbF0NsVs3w if you have time to check it out!All the best,Steve
    Much appreciated Steve!
  • Thanks for the script, its great and a massive time saver.

I'm having a problem trying to type text in after effects normally with out using type monkey (after it's been installed and used)  It has black around the text and you can't see all of the text or adjust it - it looks like what happens to the text in type monkey after you press "do it" the automation part

Is there a way to fix this?
  • Thanks for the script, its great and a massive time saver.

I'm having a problem trying to type text in after effects normally with out using type monkey (after it's been installed and used)  It has black around the text and you can't see all of the text or adjust it - it looks like what happens to the text in type monkey after you press "do it" the automation part

Is there a way to fix this?
    Hey Angus- this doesn't sound like anything we've heard before...can you open a support ticket and post an image of what you're seeing? Thx
  • Here's what it looks like at the moment

Maybe it's something really obvious i'm not doing?

Cheers
    Angus
    Screen Shot 2014-04-28 at 11.21.35 AM.png
    1274 x 733 - 164K
  • Here's what it looks like at the moment

Maybe it's something really obvious i'm not doing?

Cheers
    Angus
    Offhand- it looks like you've got a massive outline on the font. Open up a support ticket and upload the project. 
  • Wow obvious. Thanks so much for your help, I need sleep.

Great work on the script!

Cheers
  • How about a feature where TypeMonkey organizes it's Nulls in the Project Panel, instead of just in the "Solids" folder, how about-

"Solids->TypeMonkey->CompName"

I don't know if that bothers anyone else but it drives my OCD off the charts!! lol
  • Will there ever be a feature to "bake" animations into keyframes so I can go in to it and tweak the easing and curves and such? This is a great starting point but the animation is too harsh for my style, and the constant camera reframing/zooming can make a viewer a bit dizzy.
  • Hey Jery-
    Its on the MonkeyTools list so it can apply to all the scripts.

Remember, you can turn off the autoframe if you want...also LayerMonkey tends to cut down on the constant zooming in and out by moving from one pre-comp to the next, rather than one word to the next like TypeMonkey. Check to the Combining Monkeys tut.
  • Hi there. 
    Thanks for this great software. Actually, Im trying it out for the first time now for a kinetic typography and I got some errors and stuck at it. What do I do? image

Thanks in advance

Here is it:
  • Hi there. 
    Thanks for this great software. Actually, Im trying it out for the first time now for a kinetic typography and I got some errors and stuck at it. What do I do? image

Hey Denny- for some reason the upload isn't working. Can you open a support ticket and try it again? Thanks
    Also make sure you check the FAQs ( I  get the impression you might be on the RayTraced 3D renderer rather than Classic 3D- just a guess)

• Thanks for the reply. I use AE CC and the error message: "The marker guide needs to have at least 313 markers, but it only has 301". How do I get around this? This is a matter of urgency as its a client's work.

Thanks in advance.
  • Thanks for the reply. I use AE CC and the error message: "The marker guide needs to have at least 313 markers, but it only has 301". How do I get around this? This is a matter of urgency as its a client's work.
    I posted this on the support ticket as well, but am posting it here in case it can help anyone else.

----

Hi Denny -

I'm assuming you're using the Marker Sync feature on a marker layer you created using content analyze in Premiere.

You're recieving the error becasue theres not enough markers in the layer. TM needs at least as many markers as there are words to do marker sync.

The best thing to do is to zoom in on the marker layer and scroll thru or preview and find where there are missing markers. Since Content Analyse isn't always perfect (for example, it might combine 2 words into one), you need to findthe missing 12 markers and add them in (Layer/Add Marker or ^8 or * on a the numberpad on an extended keyboard).

A couple things to keep in mind:

1)  313 words means over 600 layers. If your machine has enough power, go for it...but if not you might need to find a way to split that up into several comps and then combine them...you might even need to pre-render them.

2) The key commands in TM might be of use. They were created to prevent the wild camera swings you might get when you get a short word next to a long word...or a bunch of small words next to each other. The  pipe key ( | ) will combine them into one word, but you would need to delete the corresponding markers  since they'd all now be triggered by one marker. So if the words were "An elephant" , in the text box it would be An |Elephant, and you'd delete the Elephant marker.

Heres a tut on removing markers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-wN-4e6zu4

You can also put several words on one line by using the [ ] keys...but you wouldnt need to delete markers for that. 

Check the section in original TM tut for more details on key commands.

3) Lastly, look at LayerMonkey for a different way of doing kinetic type. on longer peices like you're describing, it might help, and aleviate the potential monotony of moving the camera quickly from one word to the next. Check the Combining Monkeys for more detail.

Whew.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

• Thank you yet again Orrin. I must say, this has opened my eye but I'd stick with the first option. Now another question goes: "How do I split the project into several comp and combine them?" any trick? I'm sorry for asking too much but I'm new and use it for quick and easy work and dont wanna let down my client.

Thanks for your time.
  • Thank you yet again Orrin. I must say, this has opened my eye but I'd stick with the first option. Now another question goes: "How do I split the project into several comp and combine them?" any trick? I'm sorry for asking too much but I'm new and use it for quick and easy work and dont wanna let down my client.

Thanks for your time.
    Hi Denny- the best way to do it is (before building) split up the marker layer into a few segments that make sense (between long pauses?), then using MonkeyTools, click on the Scene Maker. It'll put each one into its own comp and delete the extra markers. Then build each pre-comp just as you would a normal TM comp. After you're done, go back to the original comp, which will all be timed out, and just find a way to transition between the pre comps...either a move, dissolve or whatever. You also might want to consider pre-rendering the pre-comps if things get too slow. Check out the Combining Monkeys tut for more detail...you can use the same technique, just do it manually rather than use layer monkey.

• Thanks. I found a way around it. It took me quite awhile. I manually scrubbed through the audio file by holding the CTRL and add markers where the audio syncs with the words and removed any joined words. Now making some light adjustments to it. Good to go! Very much appreciated.
  • Hi Orrin,
    I use Typemonkey 1.14 on MAc oxs 10.9. When I add on Text box this text I don-t have what you show in your "TypeMonkey Getting start" tutorial (04:30"...). It doesn't insert pauses but it insert exactly these characters "ˆ"... see attachment, please:

What is wrong?

Bye
  • Hi Orrin,
    I use Typemonkey 1.14 on MAc oxs 10.9. When I add on Text box this text I don-t have what you show in your "TypeMonkey Getting start" tutorial (04:30"...). It doesn't insert pauses but it insert exactly these characters "ˆ"... see attachment, please:

What is wrong?

Bye
    Hi Simone-
    Are you sure you're pressing the caret key (shift 6), and not entering some accent key or something? Also- try switching fonts and rebuilding.