Volume n' Tricks
  • Will the shadows change and follow the objects when rotated for a true 3D experience? I suppose not.
  • Will the shadows change and follow the objects when rotated for a true 3D experience? I suppose not.
    Hi Hans, you can project shapes and text in any direction, and they can rotate around their anchor point. When you extrude and get volume, you can no longer turn the object except vertically projections, because you have axonometry projection: not 3D. As far as the shape is concerned, you can use the drop shadow, which is vertical, and it will follow your object. You can even change the angle. Cheers.
  • nice plugin, takes a little time to get used to but then its great, only thing I highly dislike is that 8/10 times I press Command Z I get an "undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix" and I am back at square one, with the shape I was working on back to how I imported it, this happens often enough that I started considering using just the native extrude option in Ae again and just use VnT as an isometric guide for that, hope this gets resolved
  • nice plugin, takes a little time to get used to but then its great, only thing I highly dislike is that 8/10 times I press Command Z I get an "undo group mismatch, will attempt to fix" and I am back at square one, with the shape I was working on back to how I imported it, this happens often enough that I started considering using just the native extrude option in Ae again and just use VnT as an isometric guide for that, hope this gets resolved
    Hi Myrdin and thank you for your feedback. The V.1.0.9 Posted today resolves exactly your issue.
    From now on you can play with VnT and do CTRL+Z.
    The UI has been revised too. I hope you will enjoy this update!

• Hi Myrdin and thank you for your feedback. The V.1.0.9 Posted today resolves exactly your issue.
    From now on you can play with VnT and do CTRL+Z.
    The UI has been revised too. I hope you will enjoy this update!

AMAZING! thank you so much! great to see how active you are on improving this plugin, this just made everything so much easier! 
  • so you are using a Transform effect to achieve isometry using the SSR method - is it possible to do the same by using the group transform? (you have skew there as well) - I am asking because I am considering to include it my workflow, but since I work a lot with lottie, the transform effect is not supported, unlike the group transforms...
  • Hi and thank you for your comment. I use SSR, I need to skew shapes but also text and footage. But I will take a look to add options for Lotties, it will need a new item in the UI. At first glance, possible.
  • Hi and thank you for your comment. I use SSR, I need to skew shapes but also text and footage. But I will take a look to add options for Lotties, it will need a new item in the UI. At first glance, possible.
    Thanks! that'd be great!
  • Really good plugin, i liked it...

Jozef Behr
  • Wow I love this Got it today.

Can we please have a Dockable panel, I use 2 monitors and i keep losing the non dockable panel behind my windows. lol. 
    I use kbar to call my scripts so I have a clean workspace, with the way you have setup the launch button I am getting strange behaviour ( i have turned off launch button in V'n'T preferences, kbar will be my launcher) having to call it a number of times from kbar, the launch button panel gets called with no launch button then if i call it again from kbar it all disappears then once more it comes up. If you make the main panel dockable that would fix it I reckon or alternatively you could add kbar integration  (Integration Guide, its really simple/short).  Kbar allows ffor a argument when calling the script and with that argument lets say it could call the main panel as dockable. 

I'm loving playing with this Thanks a lot Fred. I found this through your reach script which is great too (can recomend highly for others) that one is dockable. I'd appreciate if you could consider the request thanks mate.

Can we please have a Dockable panel, I use 2 monitors and i keep losing the non dockable panel behind my windows. lol. 
    I use kbar to call my scripts so I have a clean …. If you make the main panel dockable that would fix it I reckon or alternatively you could add kbar integration  (Integration Guide, its really simple/short).  Kbar allows ffor a argument when calling the script and with that argument lets say it could call the main panel as dockable. 

I'm loving playing with this Thanks a lot Fred. I found this through your reach script which is great too (can recomend highly for others) that one is dockable. I'd appreciate if you could consider the request thanks mate.
    Hi Ben,
    Thank you for your kind message and your support.
    I will for sure upload VnT and add the possibility to add it to KBar as a dockable script.
    Like I wrote earlier, I am building a new way to handle shapes for lotties, so both options will be on the future release as soon as possible.
    Cheers.

I use kbar to call my scripts so I have a clean …. If you make the main panel dockable that would fix it I reckon or alternatively you could add kbar integration  (Integration Guide, its really simple/short).  Kbar allows ffor a argument when calling the script and with that argument lets say it could call the main panel as dockable. 

Hi Ben,
    Thank you for your kind message and your support.
    I will for sure upload VnT and add the possibility to add it to KBar as a dockable script.
    Like I wrote earlier, I am building a new way to handle shapes for lotties, so both options will be on the future release as soon as possible.
    Cheers.
    Just updated the script to new version. new dockable UI is banging. You have my undying loyalty forever. Hahaa, Thankyou so much

Do yourself a favout buy this script from Fred.
  • Amazing after release patches. Thanks a lot, it is a really fun toy to use.