• I have a bunch of different maps to create and animate in the same custom style. Is there an easy way to save a custom map style and create new animations?
  • Hello,
    I'm trying to highlight a region that doesn't follow typical boundaries. There is no available map data for the area I want to highlight because the boundaries change daily. Is it possible to get it done?
    Thanks,
    N
  • I have a bunch of different maps to create and animate in the same custom style. Is there an easy way to save a custom map style and create new animations?

Hi Benjamin, i guess the best way is to duplicate the mapcomp with it's containing comp in your project. You can do this from the mapcomp list in GEOlayers. If you want to create a large number of copies it makes sense to have them in separate projects as AE will get slow otherwise.
    Nav Pall said:

Hello,
    I'm trying to highlight a region that doesn't follow typical boundaries. There is no available map data for the area I want to highlight because the boundaries change daily. Is it possible to get it done?
    Thanks,
    N
    Sure thing, you can draw any AE shape layer and pin it to your map. You can also draw a geographical boundary and change its verticies afterwards.
  • Hi Markus!
    I just updated from 2 to geolayers 3. I'm trying to use historic maps (geotiffs) in my mapcomp. So I followed along your tutorial about: Using Georeferenced Imagery and Local Tile Directories. However I can't get it to finalize. There's always a failure on a few tiles: 2 Tile(s) couldn't be rendered.
    I've tried it with tile sets from Maptiler and Qgis as png or jpg, and with different zoom-levels but without luck. Any idea what could be wrong? Perhaps AE2022?
    Thanks! Bram
  • Hi Markus!

I just updated from 2 to geolayers 3. I'm trying to use historic maps (geotiffs) in my mapcomp. So I followed along your tutorial about: Using Georeferenced Imagery and Local Tile Directories. However I can't get it to finalize. There's always a failure on a few tiles: 2 Tile(s) couldn't be rendered.
    I've tried it with tile sets from Maptiler and Qgis as png or jpg, and with different zoom-levels but without luck. Any idea what could be wrong? Perhaps AE2022?
    Thanks! Bram
    Hi, may you please open a support ticket on aescripts.com/contact ... We will get this sorted out.
  • Hi Markus,

is there now a sample project for helium?

Thanks
    Tobi
  • Hi Markus,

is there now a sample project for helium?

Thanks
    Tobi
    Hi Tobias,

Good news! Please download the latest version of GEOlayers 3. You will find HELIUM as a 3D Plugin that you can choose when you create a 3D Landscape from the toolbar. 

Best,
    Markus
  • As someone who doesn't currently own this plugin, does it include Pangea? And if not, is this something you are considering adding? Thanks! - John
  • As someone who doesn't currently own this plugin, does it include Pangea? And if not, is this something you are considering adding? Thanks! - John
    Hey John, not out of the box. If you find pangea vector data in .geoson format you can import it and draw AE Shapelayers from it though. Everything I have found didn't really work because of the mercator map projection GEOlayers is limited to. And of course searching a Place wont work :)
  • Hi! I've been using GeoLayers since v1. In v1 and v2, I was able to use my MapStudio (https://studio.mapbox.com/) account to link my map styles to GeoLayers. Has that entire functionality been removed in v3? if so, that's crazy since that was the best part about it!
  • Hi! I've been using GeoLayers since v1. In v1 and v2, I was able to use my MapStudio (https://studio.mapbox.com/) account to link my map styles to GeoLayers. Has that entire functionality been removed in v3? if so, that's crazy since that was the best part about it!
    Hi Andrew, no worries this is still possible! It works a little different though: 
  • Hi Markus, is is possible to create a 3d map with GeoLayers v3 and MIR v2.2?
  • Why my labels appears below the map?
    I create the labels, and they disappears under the map if i switch them into 3d
  • Why my labels appears below the map?

I create the labels, and they disappears under the map if i switch them into 3d
    Please check the labels anchor point. Since label layers are not rotated with the map by default they can easily overlap.

Hi Markus, is is possible to create a 3d map with GeoLayers v3 and MIR v2.2?

Hi Matthias, should work! you can easily check it out with the free trial version.

If you guys have further problems please open a support ticket at aescripts.com/contact
  • Hello,

I´m trying to do a animation from a point to another, with 2 ou 3 keyframes in the middle.
    When I start to put labels and shape boundaries of some places, the preview of after effects stops responding, is like somekind of corrupting of the file. Because if I close the program and open it again the project behaves the same way, as like I had lost all.  
    I tryed in after effects 2022 and 2021 and it happens in both. And there´s no pattern visible of what causes this "corruption".
    My nvidia drivers are in the last version. Any tip? thanks.

• Hi, 
    I'm having error message "undo group mismatch after effects" after installing Geolayers... 
    It doesnt matter whether i'm working on geolayers or not; whenever i undo something after effects crashes. This happens with both of my Imac (intel) and MacPro (M1 max)...
    I've cleared all plugins and tested which one is the problem and it only happens after installing geolayers...
    Any idea how can i fix this? 

• Hello,

I´m trying to do a animation from a point to another, with 2 ou 3 keyframes in the middle.
    When I start to put labels and shape boundaries of some places, the preview of after effects stops responding, is like somekind of corrupting of the file. Because if I close the program and open it again the project behaves the same way, as like I had lost all.  
    I tryed in after effects 2022 and 2021 and it happens in both. And there´s no pattern visible of what causes this "corruption".
    My nvidia drivers are in the last version. Any tip? thanks.

Hi Rico, hm... hard to tell. May you please open a support ticket and attach the corrupted file as well as the project just before the error happens?

Hi, 
    I'm having error message "undo group mismatch after effects" after installing Geolayers... 
    It doesnt matter whether i'm working on geolayers or not; whenever i undo something after effects crashes. This happens with both of my Imac (intel) and MacPro (M1 max)...
    I've cleared all plugins and tested which one is the problem and it only happens after installing geolayers...
    Any idea how can i fix this? 

Hi Osman, we are aware of this issue. It seems like After Effects can not group certain sequences of actions into one undo sometimes. It is new to me that this happens consistently. May you please open a support ticket and describe what exactly you`re doing before the error appears? You can Purge AEs undo cache. This is what GEOlayers does on actions where we know that they cause an undo group mismatch. But this of course is not a good solution as you will lose your undo history.
  • Hello,
    Is there a way to convert the mapcomp keyframes to a camera, to be used for integration with Cinema 4D or Trapcode Particular and Form?
  • For anyone who is having trouble installing GeoLayers 3 to AE 2022; simply download the latest ZXP Installer and it will work. I was stumped on this for a while, thought I'd offer this advice for anyone else who runs into the problem.
  • For anyone who is having trouble installing GeoLayers 3 to AE 2022; simply download the latest ZXP Installer and it will work. I was stumped on this for a while, thought I'd offer this advice for anyone else who runs into the problem.
    Hi Kennon, thanks for sharing!

Hello,
    Is there a way to convert the mapcomp keyframes to a camera, to be used for integration with Cinema 4D or Trapcode Particular and Form?
    Hi Sören, no, unfortunately not at the moment. For Patricle Plugins you can try to link their world transforms to the Mapcomp Anchor with expressions.
  • Hi - Is there a way to make a map of the United States with Alaska and Hawaii positioned close to the continental USA?

• Hi All,
    Are there any tutorials one can point me to that might help with pulling natural borders for US states as opposed to their political boundaries? Would love a Wisconsin that includes coastlines: 
    Screenshot 2022-06-21 135545.png
    790 x 456 - 446K
  • Dash Robb said:
    Hi All,
    Are there any tutorials one can point me to that might help with pulling natural borders for US states as opposed to their political boundaries? Would love a Wisconsin that includes coastlines: 
    Hi Robb, one option is to subtract the water before drawing:

However if you zoom a lot it might make sense to work with a water mask mapcomp. Please open a support ticket if you need further assistance 
  • Hello

I'm using the trial of GeoLayers 3
    I need to test it and learn how to use before asking my company to buy it

The trial says it's available for 10 days
    But after only 2 days, it tells me that I can't download anymore
    "Datarequest limit for free trial reached. Imagery won't be rendered anymore." — GeoLayers 3 error message

How am I suppose to learn how to use GeoLayers during 10 days, if I can't download any map anymore after 2 days?
    Is there anyway to unlock this feature, please?

Best regards

Ulysse 
  • I seem to be experiencing an issue that I dont know how to fix.

Im making a simple country highlight and as Im adding the countries ive noticed that when I zoom the map out to see the countries i have drawn some our off screen but will come back in if i scroll the map whichever direction but then some other countries are off screen... is there a fix for this or do i need to make sure the map is in the same location when adding?

• I'm interested in integrating some of my own data to use for this extension. It seems like you can import .geojson files with pre-existing geospatial data. Are there limitations to this? Or could you import a shapefile? 
  • I'm interested in integrating some of my own data to use for this extension. It seems like you can import .geojson files with pre-existing geospatial data. Are there limitations to this? Or could you import a shapefile? 
    There is a limitation in file size. And AE gets slow quite fast as you draw lots of geometries to shape layers. You can check it out with the trial version.

I seem to be experiencing an issue that I dont know how to fix.

Im making a simple country highlight and as Im adding the countries ive noticed that when I zoom the map out to see the countries i have drawn some our off screen but will come back in if i scroll the map whichever direction but then some other countries are off screen... is there a fix for this or do i need to make sure the map is in the same location when adding?

Sorry don't know if I get your problem right. Please open a support ticket and attach the project. That way we will find out whats going on.
  • Hi there,
    I just installed Geolayer3, and tried to make a render in afx.
    But when I try to finalize, no tile is generated, and my MapTiler API says "key usage restriction".
    My API key is not IP protected neither user-agent protected.
    I've no quota excessed: I didnt use it!
    Do I need to have their 30USD flex plan to compile it?
    Or is there any way to achieve to compile on composition (30s, 4k) with the free plan API key?
    Thx
    léo
  • My Geolayers is not working on my After Effects right now.
    I am at 22 version. I've unistaled e reinstalled after effects, unistaled and reinstaled all my plugins.

I use I Macbook. 
    Anyone have any solution for this ?  
  • Great plugin! Is this able to generate specific population density maps? So, for example if I'm wanting to show the population density in all of the counties between New York and Pennyslvania?

Thanks!
    Cat
  • Hello léo,
    it depends on which mapcomp imagery preset you are using. E.g. Basic and Advanced are powered by mapdata from maptiler. So you absolutely need the mapdata subscription from maptiler. Of course, if you use other free providers, you don’t need a mapdata subscription.
    Please open a support ticket  so we can check what's going on.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • Hi there,
    I just installed Geolayer3, and tried to make a render in afx.
    But when I try to finalize, no tile is generated, and my MapTiler API says "key usage restriction".
    My API key is not IP protected neither user-agent protected.
    I've no quota excessed: I didnt use it!
    Do I need to have their 30USD flex plan to compile it?
    Or is there any way to achieve to compile on composition (30s, 4k) with the free plan API key?
    Thx
    léo
    Hello léo,
    it depends on which mapcomp imagery preset you are using. E.g. Basic and Advanced are powered by mapdata from maptiler. So you absolutely need the mapdata subscription from maptiler. Of course, if you use other free providers, you don’t need a mapdata subscription.
    Please open a support ticket  so we can check what's going on.
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • My Geolayers is not working on my After Effects right now.
    I am at 22 version. I've unistaled e reinstalled after effects, unistaled and reinstaled all my plugins.

I use I Macbook. 
    Anyone have any solution for this ?  

Hello,
    which version do yo have exactly. Please keep in mind to update also the ZXP installer and please use always our latest release.
    If that doesn't solve the issue, Please open a support ticket  so we can check what's going on.
    Kind regards
    Nico

• Great plugin! Is this able to generate specific population density maps? So, for example if I'm wanting to show the population density in all of the counties between New York and Pennyslvania?

Thanks!
    Cat

Hello,
    it depends on the data you have available. GEOLayers can create heatmaps from data and there are many over ways to do such data visualizations.
    Please have a look at our vimeo channel. There are a lot of videos they show what is possible and how to do it.
    https://vimeo.com/showcase/7914686
    If you have further questions or need assistance, please open a support ticket so we can help you.
    Kind regards
    Nico

• I wonder if there is a tutorial document.
  • How do I show street names in my finalized maps? I see them in the map navigation/Geolayers Panel, but they never show in the actual mapcomp. (I see others in this thread have asked the same question, but no one has responded to those questions.)

I also turned up the density to high to show more city names and I can see them in the mapcomp preview, but when I Finalize, the city labels disappear.

Thanks for your help.
  • Does this require a monthly license fee for the plugin to generate maps? I was a bit confused by this. Thanks  
  • Does this require a monthly license fee for the plugin to generate maps? I was a bit confused by this. Thanks  
    monthly fee is only for maptiler, which is quite expensive tbh. there are free map sources included, but another good one is mapbox. its free, but you will need to lookup how to add them into the plugin.
  • will i get flagged for switching devices often? i have a laptop and a pc and might need to switch between them depending on the circumstances.
  • I wonder if there is a tutorial document.
    Hello,
    please visit our Vimeo channel, there are many tutorials available:
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • will i get flagged for switching devices often? i have a laptop and a pc and might need to switch between them depending on the circumstances.
    Hello,
    please read more about the single user license and their conditions:
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/license-type-faq/
    Kind regards
    Nico
  • Hi, my geolayers 3 plugin is not creating new Mapcomp. When I click on it it just does nothing. Could you please help me with this?
    I have used the plugin for a month now, but all of a sudden I am stuck at creating map comp. Uninstalled adobe and then reinstalled fresh but still geolayers not working.
    geolayer 3.png
    487 x 607 - 14K
  • When finalizing my 
    GeoLayers maps, it deletes the map comp from my timeline!
    Anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

• hello i have a question, it is possible to make this ? none of the templates offer this .. Thanks

• Hello, I'm new to GEOlayers, I'm doing an animation for a Youtube channel, and I need a free-to-use map for commercial purposes. I don't think MapTiler is an option as would require my client to get an extra subscription to get that going. Same for bing sourced maps.

So what options do I have left? I literally just downloaded GEOlayers a week ago, so not sure how to get a good clean OpenStreet Map designed without using the MapTiler/Basic Imagenary.

Should I be using Mapbox or some other third party site to design and then paste to GEOlayers?

Please let me know!
  • When finalizing my 
    GeoLayers maps, it deletes the map comp from my timeline!
    Anyone have any clue as to why this is happening?

Hi Harold, please open a support ticket... we'll look into it!

hello i have a question, it is possible to make this ? none of the templates offer this .. Thanks

Please have a look here: 

Hello, I'm new to GEOlayers, I'm doing an animation for a Youtube channel, and I need a free-to-use map for commercial purposes. I don't think MapTiler is an option as would require my client to get an extra subscription to get that going. Same for bing sourced maps.

So what options do I have left? I literally just downloaded GEOlayers a week ago, so not sure how to get a good clean OpenStreet Map designed without using the MapTiler/Basic Imagenary.

Should I be using Mapbox or some other third party site to design and then paste to GEOlayers?

Please let me know!
    You might want to check out the Stamen Styles that come with GEOlayers for free usage.

Hi, my geolayers 3 plugin is not creating new Mapcomp. When I click on it it just does nothing. Could you please help me with this?
    I have used the plugin for a month now, but all of a sudden I am stuck at creating map comp. Uninstalled adobe and then reinstalled fresh but still geolayers not working.
    Hi Daniel, please open a support ticket and we'll help you out.
  • Collapse transformations on Controller comps not working?

I have a shape layer with blending mode set to multiply inside a controller but the blending mode is not working in the map comp even with the collapse transformations turned on.

I have a shape layer with blending mode set to multiply inside a controller but the blending mode is not working in the map comp even with the collapse transformations turned on.
    Hi, maybe the comp renderer is set to CINEMA 4D ?

No, both the main comp & controller comp have Classic 3D renderer

If i pre compose any element in the main comp, the collapse transformations & blending mode works but the controller comps do not.

No, both the main comp & controller comp have Classic 3D renderer

If i pre compose any element in the main comp, the collapse transformations & blending mode works but the controller comps do not.
    OK, guess the fastest way to find out whats wrong is sending us the project. Please open a support ticket therefore. One thing that behaves a bit strange sometimes is the tiles which have blend mode "alpha add". This is needed for clean zoomlevel transitions though.