Terrain Builder Cinema
  • How does this work with map licensing?
    DEM Earth makes you pay a yearly fee to have access to height and image sat data.
    Basically...are there any hidden costs with this?
  • Hello. For elevation maps, I use the open source Tangram Heightmap. Google Maps is used for color maps. I myself pay a small amount for your requests. So no hidden fees!!! All your requests are free of charge!
  • Concerning your response about no hidden fees, what happens then if you stop paying the "small amount"? How would we get access to those maps?
  • Google Maps has a limit of 28,500 requests per month is free. Everything above is paid. I have big doubts that you guys will be able to pass this limit. And if you pass. I'll pay for a year in advance.

• Oleg Iva said:
    Google Maps has a limit of 28,500 requests per month is free. Everything above is paid. I have big doubts that you guys will be able to pass this limit. And if you pass. I'll pay for a year in advance.
    Thanks Oleg.
  • Thanks for your answer.
    When I click 'get maps' nothing happens. AKA the browser doesnt open.
    I already installed fireshot. And pasted in the map url.
    Any tips?
    The tutorials show r19 being used. And the first step is to save as a preset which isnt really possible anymore. Is there a process in s26 i need to do instead?
  • Thanks for your answer.
    When I click 'get maps' nothing happens. AKA the browser doesnt open.
    I already installed fireshot. And pasted in the map url.

Strange. And what operating system do you have?Maybe something was changed in the S26 Maxon. I will definitely look at what the problem may be today.
    Also you must insert only link to the google schematic map. With normal Color map nothing will work.
  • Remember, the correct link looks something like this:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@55.8922881,27.2738784,6z
    This is schematic view from google maps. This link contain coordinates your place. This is really important!
  • Hello Oleg,

nice and helpful PlugIn ... unfortunately I have the same problem here as Tim Armstrong.

Everything is set up correctly (FireShot etc.), the "Open Google Maps" button also opens the browser directly - in my case Safari (Apple) via C4D R21 - section selected, URL copied (also resembles your pattern), copied, pasted, pressed the "Get Maps" button in the PlugIn and ... nothing happens.

I would be pleased to receive a suggestion for a solution.

Best regards

Dirk

• Hello Oleg,

nice and helpful PlugIn ... unfortunately I have the same problem here as Tim Armstrong.

Everything is set up correctly (FireShot etc.), the "Open Google Maps" button also opens the browser directly - in my case Safari (Apple) via C4D R21 - section selected, URL copied (also resembles your pattern), copied, pasted, pressed the "Get Maps" button in the PlugIn and ... nothing happens.

I would be pleased to receive a suggestion for a solution.

Best regards

Dirk

Ok. Problem with Mac. We will try find problem and solve it. 
  • Before I purchase this, has the issue with Macs been solved, and if so, what is the solution?

Thanks
  • Before I purchase this, has the issue with Macs been solved, and if so, what is the solution?

Thanks
    We're almost done. We will make an update soon.
  • I see that FireShot for Safari requires Mac OS 10.14, and I have 10.13.6, is there an alternative that will work?
  • I see that FireShot for Safari requires Mac OS 10.14, and I have 10.13.6, is there an alternative that will work?
    Try something this
    https://www.idownloadblog.com/2021/04/08/capture-full-page-screenshots-safari-firefox-chrome-mac/
  • Oleg Iva said:
    I see that FireShot for Safari requires Mac OS 10.14, and I have 10.13.6, is there an alternative that will work?
    Try something this
    https://www.idownloadblog.com/2021/04/08/capture-full-page-screenshots-safari-firefox-chrome-mac/
    Thanks, but those directions are either out of date (Firefox) or don't work (Safari and Chrome). I guess I'm out of luck.
  • Thank you so much for waiting! We fixed the MAC issues. Download and check it out

Thanks
    Fixed the problem!
  • Is it possible for you to provide a short term trial version?
  • Is it possible for you to provide a short term trial version?
    Most likely we will do a trial in the future. 
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Is it possible for you to provide a short term trial version?
    Will that be before the sale is over?
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Is it possible for you to provide a short term trial version?
    Will that be before the sale is over?
    No.Sorry. 
  • Does this work with renderers like Redshift and/or Arnold?
    Thanks!
  • Does this work with renderers like Redshift and/or Arnold?
    Thanks!
    A great idea for an update. Today I will add a render selector.
  • I sent this as a support ticket, but no response, so I'm adding it here:

Is there a reason why Mac users can't just use the built-in screenshot tools (shift + cmd + 4, for example) instead of FireShot?

What is your refund policy if I purchase Terrain Builder but can't get it to work properly on my Mac?

Thanks
  • I sent this as a support ticket, but no response, so I'm adding it here:

Is there a reason why Mac users can't just use the built-in screenshot tools (shift + cmd + 4, for example) instead of FireShot?

What is your refund policy if I purchase Terrain Builder but can't get it to work properly on my Mac?

Thanks
    Sorry. I'm new here. I haven't figured it out yet.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Does this work with renderers like Redshift and/or Arnold?
    Thanks!
    A great idea for an update. Today I will add a render selector.
    No, I won't. Because if I put a light setup from a Redshift, the user who does not have it will get errors. But all renderers perfectly support standard shaders and light sources. So there shouldn't be any problems.
  • +1 on 'Get Maps' not working.

Followed the instructions, added a schematic view URL from google maps but clicking 'Get Maps' does nothing. 

Note: Clicking both 'Open google Maps' and 'Open Snazzy Maps' work, just not 'Get Maps'.

C4D R21
    Windows 11
  • +1 on 'Get Maps' not working.

Followed the instructions, added a schematic view URL from google maps but clicking 'Get Maps' does nothing. 

Note: Clicking both 'Open google Maps' and 'Open Snazzy Maps' work, just not 'Get Maps'.

C4D R21
    Windows 11
    Hello! Please, can you capture video from your screen and upload it to a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1959
  • Oleg Iva said:
    I sent this as a support ticket, but no response, so I'm adding it here:

Thanks
    Thanks, but you didn't really answer the question. There are many screenshot tools, including the ones built in to the Mac OS. Is there some reason those tools can't be used, as in, is there something FireShot is doing that those other tools are not that is necessary for them to work with Terrain Builder?

And again, what is your refund policy?
  • Oleg Iva said:

Thanks
    Thanks, but you didn't really answer the question. There are many screenshot tools, including the ones built in to the Mac OS. Is there some reason those tools can't be used, as in, is there something FireShot is doing that those other tools are not that is necessary for them to work with Terrain Builder?

All you need is a tool that can capture the entire page, not just the visible part of it. There are a lot of such tools. It is not necessary to use FireShot. There may be a refund if the tool does not work in C4D, and the problem is not fixable by updates. We try to close all the problems that arise. I clearly showed how the tool works in the preview. What can be your claim for a refund?

The tool is undergoing active development. In the coming months, we will add a lot of cool chips. And we will try to load the cards directly in the C4D. We are doing this now.
  • Yes! We have found a way to make a trial version for you.

The trial version contains the following limits:
    - Only 2K maps
    - Watermarks on Google Maps texture
    - Low terrain resolution 
    - Not support "Snazzy maps" styles
    - Not support "Schematic Google Maps" style

But this should be enough for you to test your system and our pipeline.Thank you!
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Oleg Iva said:

Thanks

All you need is a tool that can capture the entire page, not just the visible part of it. There are a lot of such tools. It is not necessary to use FireShot. There may be a refund if the tool does not work in C4D, and the problem is not fixable by updates. We try to close all the problems that arise. I clearly showed how the tool works in the preview. What can be your claim for a refund?

The tool is undergoing active development. In the coming months, we will add a lot of cool chips. And we will try to load the cards directly in the C4D. We are doing this now.
    Thanks for the trial. I will test it before buying.
  • When testing the trial I encounter the same problem mentioned by others - nothing happens when clicking "GET MAPS." I am using R22 on Mac OS 10.13.6.
  • When testing the trial I encounter the same problem mentioned by others - nothing happens when clicking "GET MAPS." I am using R22 on Mac OS 10.13.6.
    It's very strange. Please, you can record a video from the screen and upload it to a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=1959

Past link must be this format:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4980926,34.0612833,5z

If you past incorrect link nothing nothing will happen.
  • Oleg Iva said:
    When testing the trial I encounter the same problem mentioned by others - nothing happens when clicking "GET MAPS." I am using R22 on Mac OS 10.13.6.
    It's very strange. Please, you can record a video from the screen 

Past link must be this format:
    https://www.google.com/maps/@51.4980926,34.0612833,5z

If you past incorrect link nothing nothing will happen.
    Video sent.
  • GET MAPS button doesn't work, so neither does the plugin.  The plugin claims to be compatible with S26.
    I think I figured out what the problem might be. After you have loaded the preset into an empty scene, you must definitely save it. Pages with your coordinates should be saved to this folder. I will make a warning message if this is not done in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience! We are also currently working on a new system that will allow you to save maps directly to C4D. 

• UPDATE: Bug fix for "Get Maps" button.
    Also update Trial version.Please check it! 

All users who have had problems with "Get Maps" button, please write under this message. Is everything working fine now?
  • Get Maps button still doesn't work.  I saved the project first.

Oleg Iva said:
    GET MAPS button doesn't work, so neither does the plugin.  The plugin claims to be compatible with S26.
    I think I figured out what the problem might be. After you have loaded the preset into an empty scene, you must definitely save it. Pages with your coordinates should be saved to this folder. I will make a warning message if this is not done in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience! We are also currently working on a new system that will allow you to save maps directly to C4D. 

• Thanks for fixing the get maps issue.
    2 ideal feature requests for the future:
    1.Not sure if its possible with the way this is set up, but it would be a great update if you are able to create a way to stitch and tile multiple 4k maps together seamlessly. 
    2. A 1 click redshift conversion option that links the height map settings from the preset to the node displacement and rs tag displacement settings. So you can design the look with the preset, and then just switch over to redshift when you are ready with everything intact.
    Cheers!

• Thanks for fixing the get maps issue.
    2 ideal feature requests for the future:
    1.Not sure if its possible with the way this is set up, but it would be a great update if you are able to create a way to stitch and tile multiple 4k maps together seamlessly. 
    2. A 1 click redshift conversion option that links the height map settings from the preset to the node displacement and rs tag displacement settings. So you can design the look with the preset, and then just switch over to redshift when you are ready with everything intact.
    Cheers!

If I install at least one of the redshift modules, then the user who does not have it will get an error. I think it's not a good idea.
  • 2 ideal feature requests for the future:

Now we are working on a system that would allow you to receive maps directly in C4D.
  • Thanks !  Just tried the demo (MacOs 10.14.6 / C4D R21) and the GET MAPS button doesn't work.
    I followed the instructions (Save setup as Object Preset/ New scene/ save / Open Google Maps / copy schematic / paste).
    Still it doesn't work.Please, let me know if there's a way around this. Thank you.
  • GET MAPS DON'T WORK (C4D R23, macOS 11.6) with the latest version 1.19.

imageWhen i click the button, C4D say to save the scene, but nothing happens then.
    And even if I save first, nothing happens as well.

• Where is the folder Application Data in Mac. I've purchased and it doesn´t work
  • Where is the folder Application Data in Mac. I've purchased and it doesn´t work
    Uploaded hot fix and small instruction in archive. Now all works on MAC. 
  • Can you provide the path for the Application Data folder on Windows? It's not obvious where it's located with just the folder name. 
  • Can you provide the path for the Application Data folder on Windows? It's not obvious where it's located with just the folder name. 
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming
    Also you can fast find it if write %appdata%
  • Oleg Iva said:
    Can you provide the path for the Application Data folder on Windows? It's not obvious where it's located with just the folder name. 
    C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming
    Also you can fast find it if write %appdata%
    Thank you.
  • Guys, sorry for some confusion with the installation. Updated the video tutorial and the manual.
  • The hot fix is not included in the trial download.
    Oleg Iva said:
    Where is the folder Application Data in Mac. I've purchased and it doesn´t work
    Uploaded hot fix and small instruction in archive. Now all works on MAC.