• Please let us know when it will be compatible with M1?
  • and how can i turn off the mfr, sorry but i cant find nothing online.
    search youtube for After effects Multi Frame Rendering.  
  • Please let us know when it will be compatible with M1?
    Hi Jonathan

I'm pleased to say v1.1.4 is now compatible with all Apple Silicon hardware :)
  • Hi there,
    I activated the plugin and after activation it no longer works 
    I get the following message when I open the project:

"The plugin 'AutoFill' has a render only license that only works in the command-line renderer!"
  • I'm running on an apple M1, when I run autofill nth happens during preview. Unless I increase radius and set keyframes which seems incorrect, even that I get jittery playback. I'm also running on Adobe AE 2022 and Autofill v1.1.4

PLEASE HELP!!!!
  • Any plans to get Autofill optimised for multi-frame rendering?

Cheers, N
  • Hi there,

"The plugin 'AutoFill' has a render only license that only works in the command-line renderer!"
    Hi Posto

It sounds like you may have purchased a render-only license, could you please submit a support ticket if you meant to purchase a single user license instead?
  • I'm running on an apple M1, when I run autofill nth happens during preview. Unless I increase radius and set keyframes which seems incorrect, even that I get jittery playback. I'm also running on Adobe AE 2022 and Autofill v1.1.4

PLEASE HELP!!!!
    Hi Hector

Just checking that you have MFR turned off and you are clicking resimulate to preview your filling animation? If you are not getting any growth (without increasing the radius by a lot), I would suggest turning off the default speed map which is enabled. If you're still having issues, please submit a support ticket so we can address the issue. 
  • Hi there,

Hi Posto

It sounds like you may have purchased a render-only license, could you please submit a support ticket if you meant to purchase a single user license instead?
    Hello, I would like to know why this plugin still does not work after rendering
  • Hi there,

Hi Posto

Hi Postolachi

Thanks for attaching the screenshot. This looks like an issue we were having on previous versions of AutoFill, could you please let me know which version you have, and your GPU? If you're not on the latest version, could you please update to v1.1.4
  • Hi there,

Hi Posto

Hi Postolachi

Thanks for attaching the screenshot. This looks like an issue we were having on previous versions of AutoFill, could you please let me know which version you have, and your GPU? If you're not on the latest version, could you please update to v1.1.4
    Hi James
    I am using after effects 2020, and have downloaded the latest version of autofill 1.1.4 
    If the problem is in version 1.1.4, then how can I download another version?
  • Hi there,

Hi Posto

Hi Postolachi

Hi James
    I am using after effects 2020, and have downloaded the latest version of autofill 1.1.4 
    If the problem is in version 1.1.4, then how can I download another version?
    Hi Postolachi

I apologise, the v1.1.4 update solved the issue for 90% of our customers who experienced that particular issue. Could you please open a support ticket and let me know which GPU you are using, and which OS and AE versions you're on? Thank you.
  • This plugin is simply phenomenal! Thank you so much for it! I don't really have any complaints, just wondering - is there some smart trick you can use to make the stuff that has grown out sort of shrink back as the rest of the piece keeps growing? I've been using the Alpha Invert Matte to make things shrink, but can't figure out how to get the "tail" of the animation, so to speak, to shrink. 
  • This plugin is simply phenomenal! Thank you so much for it! I don't really have any complaints, just wondering - is there some smart trick you can use to make the stuff that has grown out sort of shrink back as the rest of the piece keeps growing? I've been using the Alpha Invert Matte to make things shrink, but can't figure out how to get the "tail" of the animation, so to speak, to shrink. 
    Thanks for your comment Morten. Currently this is not possible within the one effect. I think a way to do this would be to have a separate erode autofill start growing and subtract that erode autofill from the main autofill. Does that make sense? It's a bit difficult to describe in text.
  • Is it possible to use the single user license on two of my machines or do I have to purchase the floating server license? Thanks :)
  • Is it possible to use the single user license on two of my machines or do I have to purchase the floating server license? Thanks :)
    Hi Lukas

I believe you can via the aescripts manager app which handles activation and deactivation. You won't be able to render on both computers at the same time, that would require two licenses. 

If you'd like clarification please open a support ticket and an aescripts rep can assist.
  • Can we get some support for MFR?
  • Hello, I have a problem with your plugin. In AE everything looks fine, the text appears with the spread effect, but after the export the message appears on the screen without the spread effect. It just appears on the screen. Version 1.1.5 AE 22.4.0
  • This plugin is sold as a simple solution of just a few clicks to make an animation that would otherwise take you a long time. Well, get ready to waste that saved time, going through the entire FAQ page because almost every issue mentioned there, happens. And when I say all, I mean each and every single one, from the flicker, to why it only fills in one segment, etc. etc. Nothing is like their "how to get started" video.
    And for Aescript, guys we really need a score page where people can rate the plugins, some are remarkable, and some are very bugy.
  • This plugin is sold as a simple solution of just a few clicks to make an animation that would otherwise take you a long time. Well, get ready to waste that saved time, going through the entire FAQ page because almost every issue mentioned there, happens. And when I say all, I mean each and every single one, from the flicker, to why it only fills in one segment, etc. etc. Nothing is like their "how to get started" video.
    And for Aescript, guys we really need a score page where people can rate the plugins, some are remarkable, and some are very bugy.
    Hi Jorge

Thanks for your honest feedback. It really is a complex solution to a simple problem (filling a layer). If you hit the resimulate button and have MFR off, there shouldn't be any flicker. If you're having further issues and would like personal support, please submit a ticket and we'll do our best to assist. 
  • Hi,

I'm totally agree with what Jorge said below. This script doesn't work at all neither on 2019 nor the last version. It seems very complex to manage everything.
    As recommended I turned off MFR. Then I placed my own logo, I clicked resimulate and I got nothing.
    With another logo, I only got a part filled. For a third one, I got some flickers along the animation.
    James, your suggestions doen't work.
    I tried many ways to change my logo .png, .tga, .tiff, .ai, .eps
    Even with a simple text it doesn't work. Fortunatelly I didn't purchase this product, I only used the demo.
    Waste of time seriously
  • Hi,

I'm totally agree with what Jorge said below. This script doesn't work at all neither on 2019 nor the last version. It seems very complex to manage everything.
    As recommended I turned off MFR. Then I placed my own logo, I clicked resimulate and I got nothing.
    With another logo, I only got a part filled. For a third one, I got some flickers along the animation.
    James, your suggestions doen't work.
    I tried many ways to change my logo .png, .tga, .tiff, .ai, .eps
    Even with a simple text it doesn't work. Fortunatelly I didn't purchase this product, I only used the demo.
    Waste of time seriously
    I just bought this plugin a few days ago and one thing that caught me a bunch of times is that you have to make sure the "point" is actually sitting on a part of your artwork or nothing will happen. 
  • Hey, love the plugin!

however the issue with multi-frame rendering is creating issues and I wondered if you'll look at adding a 'bake-in' option to finalise the animation and remove the need for the plugin and the issue with multi-frame rendering?

I have built a bunch of logos for the company I work for using Autofill as part of their animation and it would be ideal to have the effect baked-in so my team can use link the AE files into their Premiere projects without the odd rendering glitches - as an example when I scale one of the logos the Autofill section disappears at 30%. 

Anyways, thanks heaps for the work you've put in and the constant support to the community, really appreciated. 
    Hey mate, to do this I've been using a mixture of:

1: Simply duplicate the intro, reverse time and add that to the end, creating a tail.
    This creates a more 'ping pong effect' of course. 

2: Creating a 2nd animation, starting the autofill at the 'end' of the logo/element and then time-reversing this element so a logo/element then has an intro (for example filling left to right, and then ending/outro left to right again, giving the more traditional top/tail feel of a logo/element appearing left to right and exiting left to right. 

I hope that makes some sense? 
    Thanks for your comment Morten. Currently this is not possible within the one effect. I think a way to do this would be to have a separate erode autofill start growing and subtract that erode autofill from the main autofill. Does that make sense? It's a bit difficult to describe in text.
    Thanks, James! I think I get what you mean. Been trying it a bit, think this is the way! Cheers! :) 
    Hey mate, to do this I've been using a mixture of:

1: Simply duplicate the intro, reverse time and add that to the end, creating a tail.
    This creates a more 'ping pong effect' of course. 

2: Creating a 2nd animation, starting the autofill at the 'end' of the logo/element and then time-reversing this element so a logo/element then has an intro (for example filling left to right, and then ending/outro left to right again, giving the more traditional top/tail feel of a logo/element appearing left to right and exiting left to right. 

I hope that makes some sense? 
    Thanks, brent! Ping-pong works, of course, just looks a bit silly. Your second solution is what I've been trying, but just can't quite make it look right, but the devil is in the details, I suppose! Thanks. :) 

• Hey, love the plugin!

however the issue with multi-frame rendering is creating issues and I wondered if you'll look at adding a 'bake-in' option to finalise the animation and remove the need for the plugin and the issue with multi-frame rendering?

I have built a bunch of logos for the company I work for using Autofill as part of their animation and it would be ideal to have the effect baked-in so my team can use link the AE files into their Premiere projects without the odd rendering glitches - as an example when I scale one of the logos the Autofill section disappears at 30%. 

Anyways, thanks heaps for the work you've put in and the constant support to the community, really appreciated. 
    Hi Brent

Thanks for your comment. I was thinking about this, and based on the AESDK I think it is possible. The only issue is that the only way I can think to create this feature is for it to render immediately, rather than in the background (like Anubis, BG Renderer, Media Encoder, etc). Which is a bit of a bummer. Do you think it would still be worthwhile? 
  • Why the video tutorials are private? I already logged in Vimeo and am still not able to watch them? I just bought it such a disappointment 
  • Why the video tutorials are private? I already logged in Vimeo and am still not able to watch them? I just bought it such a disappointment 
    Hi Juan

Apologies, we'll look into fixing that so they are public. We have our tutorials also hosted publicly on YouTube in the meantime. 
  • I cannot access the presets. Where can I find them? 
  • Too much bugs for a expensive thing. Just payed 49 dollars ( more than 200 hundred R$ ) and this plugin does not work properly, crashs the computer, don't have the presets and don't have a proper tutorial. I want my money back.
  • Too buggy for this Price. Would be a great tool, if it properly worked...
  • Too buggy for this Price. Would be a great tool, if it properly worked...
    Hi Joe
    To remove glitches, please ensure MFR is turned off and you're pressing the resimulate button to preview. Please let me know if you're still experiencing bugs.
  • where is project file with the preset please ?
  • where is project file with the preset please ?
    Hi Joy

If you downloaded AutoFill directly from the aescripts website, you can find the presets in <Your AutoFill Download>/Presets/AutoFill Presets CC 2019.aep. If you installed it via the aescripts manager app, you can right click on AutoFill and click "Reveal Installer Files" and you will see Presets -> AutoFill Presets <version>.aep. 

We have more information on our wiki 
  • Hello, why are you selling a license for just rendering if it doesn't work?
  • Is it possible to reverse the animation so that Autofill essentially creates a wipe off instead of a reveal? I know I can prerender, reimport and reverse but that process can get a bit messy if I have to make changes. Same with precomping, adding time remap and reversing the keyframes. It would be great if there was just an option to "Reverse".
  • Hello, why are you selling a license for just rendering if it doesn't work?
    Hi Andriy

Are you referring to the render only license type? If you're having an issue with the licensing or anything related to rendering please open a support ticket so we can assist. 
  • Is it possible to reverse the animation so that Autofill essentially creates a wipe off instead of a reveal? I know I can prerender, reimport and reverse but that process can get a bit messy if I have to make changes. Same with precomping, adding time remap and reversing the keyframes. It would be great if there was just an option to "Reverse".
    Hi Sean

Currently there is no reverse option per se, however using the plugin's matting operations you can create a wipe off instead of a wipe on. 
  • sam white said:
    When I drop the effect on any layer whatsoever it doesn't animate and no matter how much I manipulate it, it just won't animate in any way. Just shows the transparent logo and then a small dot representing the starting point (but then nothing happens, even if I increase the size of the brush) 
    Hi Alex

Have responded to your ticket. 
    What is the response? Same problem.
    Hi Sam

Uhm, so really, what's the problem here? Have the same issue.
  • sam white said:
    When I drop the effect on any layer whatsoever it doesn't animate and no matter how much I manipulate it, it just won't animate in any way. Just shows the transparent logo and then a small dot representing the starting point (but then nothing happens, even if I increase the size of the brush) 
    Hi Alex

What is the response? Same problem.
    Hi Sam

Uhm, so really, what's the problem here? Have the same issue.
    Hi Toby

A few things can cause growth not to occur:

1. It's possible that the default Speed Map setting of "Auto" is causing no growth to occur. Try turning the speed map off. The speed map can make animation appear smoother but is not always suitable to fill fine detail areas.
    2. At it's default mode of point fill, AutoFill requires the origin of the growth to be specified. If the growth origin is over a transparent area of the logo/source, no growth will occur. You can also change the growth to noise, which will grow to eventually fill the entire image.
    3. If the growth mode is set to layer, ensure both layers (the AutoFill layer and the external growth layer) are set to continuous rasterisation so that their transformations are in the same space. 
    Our detailed wiki has more info on each of these.
  • I was very interested in this but it seems according to other commenters, it is too buggy currently. Also, MFR has been around for a bit now, a plugin that costs $50 should be able to take advantage of this. If these kinks can be worked out, I'm definitely interested in purchasing, but at this time, I have to pass.
  • I was very interested in this but it seems according to other commenters, it is too buggy currently. Also, MFR has been around for a bit now, a plugin that costs $50 should be able to take advantage of this. If these kinks can be worked out, I'm definitely interested in purchasing, but at this time, I have to pass.
    Hi Eddie

We recommend downloading the free trial to see if it's useful in your workflow. There are a few intricacies & complexities to this plugin that can cause undesirable results. We've done our best to make these clear in the extensive documentation. With that said it's definitely not for everyone. We also don't have a timeframe for MFR implementation since it's already incredibly memory intensive and MFR multiplies that memory requirement by a factor of however many cores/threads you have. 
  • Hi James, didn't see my issue here so will attempt to explain.  

I've followed the simple instructions (1,2,3) within the AutoFill 1.1 Presets.aep file and checked out a few presets.  However, my logo does not appear in any of the presets.  When I click into Step 1) Your Logo, Step 2) Edit AutoFill I noticed that the "Current Time Indicator" (blue time scrubber on timeline) does not appear.  The preview tab is blank as well until I scrub the time indicator to anywhere within the timeline.  It seems as though the Current Time Indicator is at some spot before 0:00s.  Placing the Current Time Indicator in the middle of the Step 1) or Step 2) comps does not work.

Please help. 
    Thanks,
    ~K

• I really love this plugin and use it a ton. Do you have any idea when MFR will be available for it?
  • Hi James, didn't see my issue here so will attempt to explain.  

I've followed the simple instructions (1,2,3) within the AutoFill 1.1 Presets.aep file and checked out a few presets.  However, my logo does not appear in any of the presets.  When I click into Step 1) Your Logo, Step 2) Edit AutoFill I noticed that the "Current Time Indicator" (blue time scrubber on timeline) does not appear.  The preview tab is blank as well until I scrub the time indicator to anywhere within the timeline.  It seems as though the Current Time Indicator is at some spot before 0:00s.  Placing the Current Time Indicator in the middle of the Step 1) or Step 2) comps does not work.

Please help. 
    Thanks,
    ~K

Hi Keith

Placing the Current Time Indicator at a time in one comp should change it to that time in the parent comp. However since the main comp for each preset contains multiple time-offset copies of the layer it can be offset some. Placing the CTI in the middle of the step 1 comp should result in the CTI being somewhere around the middle of the main preset comp. Could you please submit a support ticket with a screen capture of your specific issue so we can help to find a solution?
  • I really love this plugin and use it a ton. Do you have any idea when MFR will be available for it?
    Hi Silas

We don't have any timeframe on MFR since the memory requirements for AutoFill SFR are very high. 
  • bugs all time , flicks all time ....
  • bugs all time , flicks all time ....
    Hi Jonathan

I'd check is to make sure that the cache is valid. You can do this by always clicking the "Resimulate" button and ensuring MFR is turned off. If the flicker persists, please open a support ticket so we can investigate.
  • Hello,

You can get rid of the small artifacts that appear when the text reveals on screen. In your Layers Panel (Not Effects Panel), go to the AutoFill effect for your layer, scroll down until you find the "Compositing options" and change the Effect opacity from 100 to 99.99. It gets rid of the artifacts. I hope this helps others.  The effect can still glitch but at least the artifacts go away.