• is it possible to create my own buttons and categories?
  • In a future update, it will be possible to do so. MoBar is constantly improving.
  • Congratulations with the release!
    As a person, who heavily used the MoBar in pre-release stage,
    I can say that it's awesome and saves tons of time. ✨
  • This looks amazing. Wow, it may replace every script I use daily.

For the search function, can you assign a shortcut? and does it search for native effects and other scripts within AE also? I just thought it may replace QuickMenu/FX Console if it has that functionality as a floating search bar.

Congrats on this script! Wow…
  • Congratulations with the release!
    As a person, who heavily used the MoBar in pre-release stage,
    I can say that it's awesome and saves tons of time. ✨
    We are thankful for your participation in this project and thank you so much for making it happen.
  • This looks amazing. Wow, it may replace every script I use daily. For the search function, can you assign a shortcut? and does it search for native effects and other scripts within AE also? I just thought it may replace QuickMenu/FX Console if it has that functionality as a floating search bar. Congrats on this script! Wow…
    Hi Michael,

You can search for other effects and scripts within AE. Adding a shortcut for a search function is on our to-do list for future updates.
  • any idea about solo path of layer so that do not click a lot of layer menu in future update?
  • any idea about solo path of layer so that do not click a lot of layer menu in future update?
    Hi,

Honestly, I did not understand the question, but you can add buttons as a favourite. They will appear on the main bar.

There are tools (Solo Layers) in the toolkit that allow you to solo layers if that's what you want.
  • like shortcut key P for solo position property of layer, key S for solo scale property ,but no shortcut key for solo Path property.
    so that, when people need do Path keyframe , you need click again and again menu until find Path property
  • Hi very good tool, very useful!! Is it possible to create a button for each action in kbar? Let's say a button for "Parent to First Selected" for example.
  • Hi very good tool, very useful!! Is it possible to create a button for each action in kbar? Let's say a button for "Parent to First Selected" for example.
    Hi Carl, I'm afraid that's not possible, but in the future, MoBar will allow you to create your own buttons and categories.
  • Please blow AE native keyframing (for character animation) out of the park. It would be easy to do (I almost set it up in automation toolkit - but Im no coder) -

A massive pain in the proverbial of AE vs Toon Boom is ease of keyframing on complex rigs - especially for character animation
    In Toon boom - select the layers, hit F6 - keys on all properties on ALL layers. No need to enter values or select things individually just to set a key
    In AE youve got to toggle open and shut every dang thing one at a time - even if you want to just keep the current pose as a key.
    It is the most time consuming and counter intuitive workflow ever.

All Mobar would need is buttons for "-/+ key on all properites"  followed by the same button but for scale/pos/rotate as separate properties.
    Click the "-/+ key" button and it applies it to all selected layers (or parent/child)

Please look into this - currently keyframing on complex rigs in AE is slow and clunky compared to other animation software. This is a major avenue for MoBar in my opinion
    Hi Carl, I'm afraid that's not possible, but in the future, MoBar will allow you to create your own buttons and categories.
    great, yes, actually it was a silly question because it is already a toolbar, but it would be awesome to be able to customize the toolbar to leave only the actions that are used daily.
    thanks!
  • oh guys, great script. Can you make a shortcut function on this script? I mean keyboard shortcut
  • oh guys, great script. Can you make a shortcut function on this script? I mean keyboard shortcut
    Thanks Herman. This feature is on our to-do list for a future update.
  • Please blow AE native keyframing (for character animation) out of the park. It would be easy to do (I almost set it up in automation toolkit - but Im no coder) -

A massive pain in the proverbial of AE vs Toon Boom is ease of keyframing on complex rigs - especially for character animation
    In Toon boom - select the layers, hit F6 - keys on all properties on ALL layers. No need to enter values or select things individually just to set a key
    In AE youve got to toggle open and shut every dang thing one at a time - even if you want to just keep the current pose as a key.
    It is the most time consuming and counter intuitive workflow ever.

All Mobar would need is buttons for "-/+ key on all properites"  followed by the same button but for scale/pos/rotate as separate properties.
    Click the "-/+ key" button and it applies it to all selected layers (or parent/child)

Please look into this - currently keyframing on complex rigs in AE is slow and clunky compared to other animation software. This is a major avenue for MoBar in my opinion
    I agree with u. I have this problem too. I fixed that with shortcut AE. In my custom shortcuts its ctrl+shift+a for selecting all properties with key, and shift+a for adding key on selected properties. So, its very simple and quickly. 
  • MoBar is amazing,
    The Set / Select Keys group can have different groups of keyframes?
  • MoBar is amazing,
    The Set / Select Keys group can have different groups of keyframes?
    Yes, you can set 5 different groups. If you hold shift + 2 and click you will set selected keys/layers to second group. Then you need to press 2 and click to load the same group.
  • Hi, I tried MoBar before purchase it, and found it great. I bought it, enter the license code, and used it all day.
    Now every time I open AE, it asks for the license again. It is very annoying. How can I stop this?
    Thanks.-
  • Hi, I tried MoBar before purchase it, and found it great. I bought it, enter the license code, and used it all day.
    Now every time I open AE, it asks for the license again. It is very annoying. How can I stop this?
    Thanks.-

Hi Jorge,

Can you open a ticket please?
  • Hi! I have problems with the Set Null Option, it always creates the null with the Default option even when I select "Custom". It only works when i do it with a group of layers.
    Is there a way to solve it? Thank you!
  • Hi! I have problems with the Set Null Option, it always creates the null with the Default option even when I select "Custom". It only works when i do it with a group of layers.
    Is there a way to solve it? Thank you!

Hi Manuel, thanks for your purchase. Nothing you can do on your side will make it the way you want it. We are in the process of developing some new tools, and this request will also be included in the next update.
  • can Mobar be used with a streamdeck or touchportal?

• can Mobar be used with a streamdeck or touchportal?

Probably it won't
  • Just some suggestions to MoBar. 

1. A button to add a solid under the Layer menu? It will be so much faster with lesser clicks.
    2. Unprecompose - Because it will be awesome.
  • I have the original MoBar... is there going to be upgrade pricing?
  • I have the original MoBar... is there going to be upgrade pricing?
    It's a free update.
  • I'm getting an error when trying to use MoBar.  
    Unable to execute script at line 2. mobar.OBJ is undefined.
    Jeff

• I'm getting an error when trying to use MoBar.  
    Unable to execute script at line 2. mobar.OBJ is undefined.
    Jeff

Hi Jeff, can you open a ticket please? We'll do my best to fix it for you as soon as possible.
  • never mind, I got it working
  • never mind, I got it working
    Glad to hear that
  • There is one thing I would love to see here. A button to have a batch "smoother" operation for multiple layers.
    I've been using Newton 3 a lot lately, for HTML5 ads (using Body Movin) - and I'm often using the Smoother tool in AE, but it only lets you do one layer property at a time. In a comp that has 50 balls bouncing around (for example) I use the Smoother tool to convert their properties from one keyframe every frame to free up space for HTML5 banners. I'd kill to be able to just select all the layers and have Smoother convert all keyframes in one go. It's very tedious doing it layer by layer!
    Any chance that could be added?
  • There is one thing I would love to see here. A button to have a batch "smoother" operation for multiple layers.....
    I just checked the smoother tool for what you mean, and it appears to be a classic Adobe-style development. There is no layer-by-layer processing. Adobe doesn't know what to do when you select keyframes from different layers, so it disables the buttons when you select keyframes from different layers. Bravo my friend : )

I modified a couple of Adobe's scripts earlier so that they would work properly but this tool is not a script, it's a plug-in, which requires a completely different coding skill set.

The link below is a good place to post stuff like this. If it gets a lot of votes, Adobe will fix them : )
  • I thought I could save space using this toolbar, but since there is no way to change icons (as far as I know), every script looks the same when only showing the icons. Now it takes up exactly the same amount of space as my previous list of stacked panels.

Will there be custom icons in the future?

• Will there be custom icons in the future?

Yes, custom icons will be added in the future.
  • Has this plugin been tested with latest AE 2023?
  • Hi there, I am trying to add custom button like purge all cache but can't find this action from menu. Any idea please? 
  • Hi there, I am trying to add custom button like purge all cache but can't find this action from menu. Any idea please? 
    Hi, here's how you can do it

2- Right-click on the raw button and select save link as..
    3- Add a new script on MoBar and select this file.
  • Just installed the trial - AE 22.6 / Monterey M1
    When opened first time gives me the registration/trial panel, click on trial then all I get is an empty panel
    (nothing more than Mobar name on top, and blank space).
    Any idea?
  • Any idea?
    We can resolve the issue very quickly if you open a ticket and provide a screenshot.
  • So far great. Very happy. 3 things I want to mention:
    • I think the "Rename Matte Layers" isn't hip to the new matte from anything, anywhere option in 2023.
    • Is there anyway to get the "Category Names" to the corresponding button to be clickable like its icon? 
    • Wishlist item, will the interface allow your icon designs support svg for better resolution in the bar?

Thanks Kevin
    1- The Matte Layer tools will be updated shortly for CC 2023
    2- I didn't understand this one.
    3- MoBar is a script(jsxbin) and scripts don't support SVG format. However, we are working on improving this situation.

Thanks Kevin
    1- The Matte Layer tools will be updated shortly for CC 2023
    2- I didn't understand this one.
    3- MoBar is a script(jsxbin) and scripts don't support SVG format. However, we are working on improving this situation.
    RE 2: For reference, in the settings (cog wheel) you call them "Category Names" which show the icon names to the right. I have selected this to be ON. But theses names are not active like its corresponding icon on the left. Is there a way to make these "Category Names" live links too? I sometimes click the category name instead of the icon. I hope that's clear.
  • RE 2: For reference, in the settings (cog wheel) you call them "Category Names" which show the icon names to the right. I have selected this to be ON. But theses names are not active like its corresponding icon on the left. Is there a way to make these "Category Names" live links too? I sometimes click the category name instead of the icon. I hope that's clear.
    I see now. We'll consider about it.
  • Hi,

I'm particularly interested in the 'Export Comps as New Projects' facility.

If I were to export a comp as a new project does it perform a collect of the assets? Does it also reduce the file to contain only the assets necessary for the exported comp? Finally, can it export multiple selected comps as separate projects?

Many thanks.

Sean J.
  • I'm particularly interested in the 'Export Comps as New Projects' facility.
    Hi Sean,

Originally, that option was included in the settings. This process is problematic when it comes to layered files like PSD. We'll bring this option back if we can find a workaround.
  • Hi,

Batch Color Replacer is not working for Colors in Color Overlay. Can you please add that Feature (to edit colors inside color overlay)?
    I am on AE 2023.
  • Thank you for a great product.
    I am satisfied with many functions, but "Camera Rig" and "Auto Crop Comps" do not work with the Japanese version of After Effects.
    I can fix it by changing the language to English, but I would like to use it in the Japanese version if possible.
    I would appreciate it if you could fix it.
  • Batch Color Replacer is not working for Colors in Color Overlay. Can you please add that Feature (to edit colors inside color overlay)?
    Hi, we checked it and found no issues with Color Overlay in the Layer Style. If you could open a ticket and provide some screenshots, that would be helpful.
  • I am satisfied with many functions, but "Camera Rig" and "Auto Crop Comps" do not work with the Japanese version of After Effects.
    Hi Genki, thanks. The Camera Rig tool has already been adjusted to run the non-English version of AE. In the next update, it will be available. We'll also check the Auto Crop Comps tool. If you find any other tools that have an issue with the Japanese version, please let us know.