• How do I use the Force Path Open parameter?
  • How do I use the Force Path Open parameter?
    Hi Kazuyoshi

The path needs to be closed, and then it can be used. It's shown at 4:14 of the tutorial video:

• I hear you Audio Jungle!
  • Hey guys,

I can't figure it out how to reveal letters using this. Masks works, but it reveals only stroke, what about fill color?
  • Hey guys,

I can't figure it out how to reveal letters using this. Masks works, but it reveals only stroke, what about fill color?
    Hi Ekaterina

Sorry, what do you mean by revealing fill color?
  • I hear you Audio Jungle!
    Hehehe you got me!
  • Hey there,Great Plugn!

Just a question / request. Today the setting to have square or round butts affects both start and end. Any way to make the start butt round and the end butt square? I tried making two effects on the same path and offset them, but the top one apparently covers the bottom one (no alpha).

Thanks!
  • Hi! Love the plug-in, but I'm having some trouble using "force path open". It keeps seeing a different part of the path as the place it should force open, but it's never the part i need it to be open. I keep looking for a way to tell ae which part should be open. My current solution is trying to make the shape over- and over again, but this is becoming VERY time consuming. Is there a way for me to fix this problem? Thanks!
  • Hi! Love the plug-in, but I'm having some trouble using "force path open". It keeps seeing a different part of the path as the place it should force open, but it's never the part i need it to be open. I keep looking for a way to tell ae which part should be open. My current solution is trying to make the shape over- and over again, but this is becoming VERY time consuming. Is there a way for me to fix this problem? Thanks!
    Hi Amanda

Glad you like it! You can tell AE which part of the path to open by right clicking on a vertex -> Mask & Shape Path -> Set first vertex.
  • When will this be updated to AE 2021?
  • When will this be updated to AE 2021?
    Hi Anand

Are you having issues getting it to work on AE 2021? It's working on my end, perhaps there could be a hardware or software compatibility. Could you please let me know your OS, AE build version and your GPU model?
  • This is pretty amazing considering it's free. Is there any way to determine where the gradient happens along the path? I'm working on something and have a specific point where I need the gradient to transition from color 1 to 2. Right now I'm using Stardust with a light emitter for the path and am able to control the gradients "blend" location using the handles in the gradient tab.
  • Hey there. I really enjoy the plugin! Would looooove to be able to add more than 4 colors. Is this a thing that could be add?
    Thanks a lot.

Mel
  • This is exactly what I needed!
    Not running on AE beta for M1 Macs yet, fingers crossed :)
  • Great plugin :) Love the feather width option. I'd def pay money to keep it supported/developed.
  • Just installed the latest AE version. Thicc Stroke still not working on M1 Mac. Really hoping for an update soon
  • Not working on M1 mac
  • Getting a message that says "This effect may slow down Preview and Export as it is not optimized for Multi-Frame Rendering" on AE 2022. Great tool but hope this could get updated soon!
  • Just installed the latest AE version. Thicc Stroke still not working on M1 Mac. Really hoping for an update soon
    Hi Alberto
    We've just released the M1 update :)
  • Not working on M1 mac
    Hi Matthew
  • This is exactly what I needed!
    Not running on AE beta for M1 Macs yet, fingers crossed :)
    Hi Shakran
  • Doesnt work with m1. :(
  • Doesnt work with m1. :(
    Hi Eric

Just wondering if you were running the latest version as it was only recently updated to work with M1
  • Hi,

I've created a beautiful animation using the Plugin. But when I want to render it I get a video with the solid fill color and not the animation of Thicc! I've got a
    Apple M1 Pro that I use. What am I doing wrong here??
  • I'm also getting a render issue - only seeing the fill colour.
    (Not on M1)
  • I'm also getting a render issue - only seeing the fill colour.
    (Not on M1)
    Successful render using Anubis so maybe an issue with Me
  • there is an issue when using straight lines and a butt cap , the line breaks up
  • there is an issue when using straight lines and a butt cap , the line breaks up
    Hi Adam

Yes this is a limitation of the butt cap mode as thicc stroke is cheating the geometry :')
  • I love this plugin!  I have a question. In the description, it says "Works on masks and shapes" does that mean "Shape Layers"? I can't seem to get it to work on a shape layer. It only seems to work with paths on a solid. I just want to clarify what it works with. You guys make some awesome software! Thank you very much!
  • I love this plugin!  I have a question. In the description, it says "Works on masks and shapes" does that mean "Shape Layers"? I can't seem to get it to work on a shape layer. It only seems to work with paths on a solid. I just want to clarify what it works with. You guys make some awesome software! Thank you very much!
    Hi Steve

The plugin is compatible with shape layers (except for preset shapes, such as rounded rectangle, polystar, etc) in a roundabout way. You must create an empty mask path, set that as the path in the plugin effect controls, and then using an expression (or pick-whip) link the shape you create to the dummy mask path.

Unfortunately this is a limitation of the c++ AE SDK and there's no way around it. Let me know how you go and if something I've written wasn't explained clearly as it can be a bit confusing. 
  • At 4:20 on your youtube video, it shows feathering as im trying to make a specific portion of the stroke thinner, when i close the mask as you have shown us, it opens the wrong side of the mask, 
  • Any chance this will be updated to work with multi-frame rendering? Would pay for such an update. Please!

Also, the gradient isn't the only reason to use this rather than the native 'taper' stroke attribute. The shape your effect produces is much nicer, much smoother, and has more control than Adobe's effort. You're selling yourself short! :)
  • I like this plug in.  Thank you. I too would like multi frame rendering.  I would also love composite options (over/under original).  I am using Thicc Stroke in combination with text on a path (something that I couldn't do easily with AE's built in shape based tapered stroke).  Applying Thick Stroke to the path on a text layer hides the text so I need to duplicate the layer and link the paths.  
  • Any chance this will be updated to work with multi-frame rendering? Would pay for such an update. Please!

Also, the gradient isn't the only reason to use this rather than the native 'taper' stroke attribute. The shape your effect produces is much nicer, much smoother, and has more control than Adobe's effort. You're selling yourself short! :)
    Hi Ian

Thanks for your feedback! I'll get to making it thread safe and MFR compatible eventually :')
  • I like this plug in.  Thank you. I too would like multi frame rendering.  I would also love composite options (over/under original).  I am using Thicc Stroke in combination with text on a path (something that I couldn't do easily with AE's built in shape based tapered stroke).  Applying Thick Stroke to the path on a text layer hides the text so I need to duplicate the layer and link the paths.  
    Hi Matthew

Thank you for your feedback, both are good suggestions for a future version. 
  • Hi, I'm having issues when rendering on M1. I get a solid shape instead of the gradients. What should be done? I use the latest version.
    Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 19.17.59.png
    1206 x 886 - 90K
  • First off, I really like this plugin. It enables me to make the right gradient strokes for my motion graphics project. Kudos

Lately howerver, After Effects has been crashing consistently whenever I click on a layer with Thicc Stroke effect added.
    Is there anything I could do to fix this? (Already tried reinstalling, resetting preferences and cleaning the caches etc.)

Hope to hear from you, thanks in advance!
    Niels