• Please could you add KBar support in the form of quick access to selected ease presets. Eg, Have a 'Cubic' button which does ease in&out on click, ease in on ctrl+click or ease out on shift+click. That way, we have easy access to our most used presets in as few buttons and panels as possible.

If that's not possible due to some kind of limitation, perhaps being able to group those presets together inside of Flow so that that instead of 3 separate Cubic buttons, there's only one button for it with the modified click options I suggested? That would heavily reduce the needed real-estate of the panel.

Also, the option to have only the curve editor enabled would be great too. Not just hiding the presets section like it does now, because whenever you resize the window the presets section pops back into view, but to be able to properly turn off the presets section so it's only the Flow Curve Editor.
  • Is there a document anywhere that kind of describes what each ease/curve does? For example what does quarkout do? Makes image ease out quickly? Delays ease in the middle?
    See: https://easings.net/
  • Saxon Rix said:
    If that's not possible due to some kind of limitation, perhaps being able to group those presets together inside of Flow so that that instead of 3 separate Cubic buttons, there's only one button for it with the modified click options I suggested? That would heavily reduce the needed real-estate of the panel.
    As in the readme, you can use modifier keys to only apply to in/out/both. You could create your own library with the core curves and then apply them as specified, though this is different from applying an already-directional curve to in/out/both, as that would cause a shortcut conflict.

• Any update on when a fix is coming? 
    Flow is still just making up it's own curves.
    After a few auto apply curve clicks, the curves are changing. So I am trying to just use quartOut, select two keys hit QuartOut and it works about three times, but then it changes itself and has a curve in and out, and I have to turn on and off the Show Last Curve preference to get it to reset. The selected keys are linear, so it isn't reading values. 
    This is a major bug so I assume it is being addressed? 
    Tried on several different machines with same behaviour.

• Any update on when a fix is coming? 
    Hi! If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

You opened one about this three weeks ago & stopped responding when I asked you to provide screenshots or videos. We'd love to help, but need to see what's going on :)
  • Hey, With the latest update of AE, I can't get flow to work. It just has Fly Out Menu, click on the button above to, license, preferences etc... I've tried deactivating it, licensing it again, removing and installing it again but can't get it to work - any help would be greatly apprecaited! 
  • Hey, With the latest update of AE, I can't get flow to work. It just has Fly Out Menu, click on the button above to, license, preferences etc... I've tried deactivating it, licensing it again, removing and installing it again but can't get it to work - any help would be greatly apprecaited! 

Hi! If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Hello there. Nice plugin!

Does this work with masks? I cannot make it apply custom Flows to mask paths. 
  • Does this work with masks? I cannot make it apply custom Flows to mask paths. 
    It works for me! If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
  • Is there a setting somewhere to have it follow along a curve? Can't seem to find it.
  • Is there a setting somewhere to have it follow along a curve? Can't seem to find it.
    I don't understand what you're asking, but please open a support ticket instead to discuss.
  • Besides a great tool also a great support, if there are any problems. Super fast response.
  • is there support for Apple M1 chip? I cant install this plugin.
  • is there support for Apple M1 chip? I cant install this plugin.

yes it works on Apple Silicon M1. If you're having trouble installing we recommend that you use our manager app to install: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
    if you need further assistance please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Are there plans for AE 2023 compatability ?
  • rob wood said:
    Are there plans for AE 2023 compatability ?

should work fine in 2023. if you are experiencing an issue and need assistance please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Is there a possibility of making Flow compatible with After Effects CS6?
  • Is there a possibility of making Flow compatible with After Effects CS6?
    None at all.
  • I noticed the additional presets don't seem to download. (i.e., from Ryan Summers, Google, etc.) Possible to find those anywhere else? 
  • Han Gbo said:
    I noticed the additional presets don't seem to download. (i.e., from Ryan Summers, Google, etc.) Possible to find those anywhere else? 
    You can also find them on the docs site, https://flow.lova.tt
  • Han Gbo said:
    I noticed the additional presets don't seem to download. (i.e., from Ryan Summers, Google, etc.) Possible to find those anywhere else? 
    Please see this previously posted solution: https://aescripts.com/forums/discussion/comment/34062/#Comment_34062
  • After many years now, I stilll don't understand what causes the default curves icons to break.
    I have auto apply. I selct two keys and I hit the button, let's say CircOut.
    It works most of the timne but sometimes it will do circ in and out and change the curve 
    To fix it I have to close the panel and open it again.
    It means I have to double check it hasn't broken every time I click it.
    Does anybody know what I am doing wrong, or is this just a bug?
    It isn't reading the values from the comp, it is just applying the wrong curves and changing the CircOut to just Circ
  • Flow seems to be broken for me - I'm getting a long expression added to my comps instead of the curves being effected.
  • Flow seems to be broken for me - I'm getting a long expression added to my comps instead of the curves being effected.
    If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket.
  • Is it possible you add some sort of padding to the top of the plugin please? It is hard to adjust top-right handle, as it disappears outside the plugin panel, if you let it go after initial adjustment. 

Ideally, I think you should put the whole Curve Adjustment part into some sort of resaizable box with padding around it. This way we could adjust keyframes without worry about handles disappearing outside the plugin space. 
  • Flow doesn't work for me on AE 2023. It's adding a long expression and the curves doesn't change. It seems I'm not the only one having this problem.

• Flow doesn't work for me on AE 2023. It's adding a long expression and the curves doesn't change. It seems I'm not the only one having this problem.
    Hey Ruban!

Flow works just fine in all posted versions of AE. You enabled expression mode, and it's behaving properly – this isn't a problem, it's a setting you enabled. See: https://flow.lova.tt/#/etc/troubleshooting?id=flow-is-applying-expressions-not-easing

But also, since you seem to have read the other comments here, you probably also saw that you need to open a support ticket to get support help. Try that next time!
  • Flow doesn't display anything in the newest version of After effects. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin as well as after effects itself, and it still doesn't work. Is there a possible fix for this? 
  • Flow doesn't display anything in the newest version of After effects. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin as well as after effects itself, and it still doesn't work. Is there a possible fix for this? 

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.

• I'm trying to install Flow to my new Macbook and all I get is this weird UI, none of the buttons are working. Are there any fixes?

• I'm trying to install Flow to my new Macbook and all I get is this weird UI, none of the buttons are working. Are there any fixes?

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Flow is not launching in latest version of AE - I have already submitted a support ticket - We need a fix for this please
  • Flow is not launching in latest version of AE - I have already submitted a support ticket - We need a fix for this please
    Hey Matthew! The funny thing with opening a support ticket is that you need to actually wait for somebody to reply to it. You waited 3 hours in the middle of the night; I'm not sure what you were expecting, but that's a lil' unreasonable.

Flow works in every version of AE listed, and if something broke we'd release a patch making it work.
  • Great update, love the new UI. Thanks!
  • I just uninstalled the latest version of Flow because I don't like it. I tried re-installing the old one and now it's giving me errors + I lost all of my saved eases. Not a good day with Flow. 

If you'd like to submit feedback or thoughts on Flow, or have a technical issue, you're always welcome to open a support ticket. We can walk you through recovering those curves, if you'd like!

• I just uninstalled the latest version of Flow because I don't like it. I tried re-installing the old one and now it's giving me errors + I lost all of my saved eases. Not a good day with Flow. 

If you'd like to submit feedback or thoughts on Flow, or have a technical issue, you're always welcome to open a support ticket. We can walk you through recovering those curves, if you'd like!

Hi Zack, yeah the support ticket pop-up went into some error loop so I just went here  as a knee jerk reaction. Please feel free to delete this comment. I found the ones saved, they're not lost, but that drop down is sticky. Doesn't click so easily. Thanks!
  • How to turn off annoying update banner?
    If you've updated Flow to the latest version and it's still present, this sounds like a technical or customer support issue; please open a support ticket instead.
    If you've updated Flow to the latest version and it's still present, this sounds like a technical or customer support issue; please open a support ticket instead.
    I don't want to update it yet, so would be cool to have option to disable banner and check for updates manually, or skip version 
  • I don't want to update it yet, so would be cool to have option to disable banner and check for updates manually, or skip version 
    Press "Details" to open the About/Licensing window, then at the bottom press "Remind me," then you can choose a date or skip this specific version.
  • is there a way to turn off the snapping when holding shift?
  • Marc Sen said:
    is there a way to turn off the snapping when holding shift?
    At this point, just don't hold shift :)
  • thanks Zack :) I meant only the grid-snapping :)

• Marc Sen said:
    thanks Zack :) I meant only the grid-snapping :)
    so there is no option for that?
  • Marc Sen said:
    so there is no option for that?
    If you don't want snapping, don't hold the snapping hotkey.

If you're seeing this behaviour without using the hotkey, or have any further technical or customer support issues, please open a support ticket instead; this is not the avenue for technical support or feedback.
  • Is flow compatible with the latest After Effects 23.6.0 (Build 62)? 
    I can't see it anymore after the last update and I have the latest version on (1.5.1) on the aescripts + aeplugins app
    Yes, as shown in the Compatibility page. If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
    Yes, as shown in the Compatibility page. If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket instead.
    Thanks for the quick reply Zack. All good It's working now with the latest AE version.
  • As a freelancer, it would be more useful if I could activate a new machine and the old machine would deactivate automatically. 
    I can easily see a situation where I couldn't deactivate, like the death of a motherboard, or no longer working at a company and forgetting to deactivate before being thrown out the door! Maybe a site wide recommendation or a new way to license but it would really help. 
  • Also if I am on site with no access to home machines