• Sweet mercy, I've been waiting for something like in after effects for a long time.
  • Which difference between loopFlow & RE:Flex?
  • Great tool.
    Is it compatible with Apple Silicon?
  • Great tool. Is it compatible with Apple Silicon?

Yes
  • Just an FYI, your how to install documentation for this plugin is erroneously for Potok.
  • Just an FYI, your how to install documentation for this plugin is erroneously for Potok.

Thanks, will correct this with next update
    Flex is for morph images between each others, but loopFlow is to animate flows inside single image.
    Flex is for morph images between each others, but loopFlow is to animate flows inside single image.
    No, ReFlex can make the same as your plugin: 

Its possible in ReFlex, but far more involved than loopFlow, and with far less customizability specific to a looping flow capability. I love ReFlex but I'd never use it for this kind of animation. 
  • Will you be posting any tutorials or further info about the functionality? I'm impressed at how much tweakability is possible, but I'd love some more details about each setting to best take advantage of it. thanks 
  • Yeah, and isn't Re:Flex like $500+? I would say if you own Re:Flex then you might make this argument but for everyone else this is a great tool.  

Yes
    Great! Could you post clear installation instructions for Mac here please? Thanks
  • Will you be posting any tutorials or further info about the functionality? I'm impressed at how much tweakability is possible, but I'd love some more details about each setting to best take advantage of it. thanks 
    Sure, working on it. 

Yes
    Great! Could you post clear installation instructions for Mac here please? Thanks
    Unzip file loopFlow_v#.#.zip.
    From folder macOS copy file loopFlow.plugin to folder:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0

or use aescript manager app:
    This will automate installation and registration process.
    No, ReFlex can make the same as your plugin: 

I just didn't know about this possibility. But my plugin allows you to make noise in transitions for unevenness. or a curtain. and flex is only a linear blend (but I can be wrong) I also have a closed mask mode that allows you to twist, for example, galaxies.
  • This is a really fun plugin to play with. Here's my first little experiment with it: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcqfPKkluup/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
  • Any chance for a CS6 version?
  • This is a fun tool to play with, but it really needs an in-depth tutorial to understand all the settings.
  • Tim K K said:
    Any chance for a CS6 version?
    Sorry no chance, AE SDK is no longer support CS6
  • This is a fun tool to play with, but it really needs an in-depth tutorial to understand all the settings.

• Here's a really good tutorial on YouTube: 
  • Looks great. But I am having a problem.
    I downloaded the trial version on a Mac M1 and whenever I apply the effect in AE 2022 it crashes. 
    Does anybody else have this same problem?
    I downloaded the trial version on a Mac M1 and whenever I apply the effect in AE 2022 it crashes. 
    I have tested it on my M1. Some times crashes is happens, but not often. Logs shows that problem in AE 2022. Hope in next AE release it will be solved.
    I have tested it on my M1. Some times crashes is happens, but not often. Logs shows that problem in AE 2022. Hope in next AE release it will be solved.
    Well, I just bought it. I love the plugin. I hope these guys keep working on improvements for the Mac Version. Will update you once I have used it properly.
  • Does this plugin require a GPU for render nodes? We have a lot of CPU nodes, just want to confirm this isn't compatible.
  • Does this plugin require a GPU for render nodes? We have a lot of CPU nodes, just want to confirm this isn't compatible.

Yes it is GPU accelerated.
  • Hi Dmitriy,

Well, I'm not off to a good start. I just installed this today, and have not been able to use it which is disappointing. I'm following the tutorial, and every time I select the effect it crashes Ae. I've put my machine specs below. Any suggestions? Thanks

Error message: After Effect error: crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "loopFlow"

Computer Specs:
    After Effects Version 22.5.0 (build 53) most current version

Macbook Pro (16-inch 2019)
    OS Big Sur 11.6.7 (most current Big Sur version)
    Processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500m 8 GB
  • Hi Dmitriy,

Well, I'm not off to a good start. I just installed this today, and have not been able to use it which is disappointing. I'm following the tutorial, and every time I select the effect it crashes Ae. I've put my machine specs below. Any suggestions? Thanks

Error message: After Effect error: crash occurred while invoking effect plug-in "loopFlow"

Computer Specs:
    After Effects Version 22.5.0 (build 53) most current version

Macbook Pro (16-inch 2019)
    OS Big Sur 11.6.7 (most current Big Sur version)
    Processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
    Memory 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
    Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500m 8 GB
    Hello Jonathan, 
    Do you have installed previous versions of AE? 
    Can you just try to use it with another AE version.
    Unfortunately this happens on macOS some time. 
    We can't repeat the problem on your side.
  • Hi Dmitriy,

It looks like I can download older versions of Ae 2022 from Adobe Creative cloud. The only other alternative to download 2021, is to download an Adobe CC 2021 and uninstall 2022 - I just don't want to mess up my other projects made in newer versions. Do you know of a stable 2022 release? I can download a version as far back as ver 18.0. (2021)

Thanks
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 12.31.47 PM.png
    1290 x 970 - 89K
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 12.31.59 PM.png
    1282 x 958 - 87K
    Screen Shot 2022-06-23 at 12.32.17 PM.png
    1282 x 966 - 98K
  • Woo hoo! 18.4.6 works!

I'll just use this Ae version for my LoopFlow work for now. :) 

Thanks Dmitriy. I'll keep an eye out for future LF updates.  
  • Hi Dmitriy,

Great plugin, very interesting and useful!

Any chance of an OpenFX port, so it can also be used inside Davinci / Fusion?

Thanks!
  • does this work on Mac with M1 Pro?
  • Having issues when rendering. When I render the video there is an X but the plug in is registered and the X does not appear on the video while I am working on it. Does this happen to anybody else? Any possible solutions?
  • Having issues when rendering. When I render the video there is an X but the plug in is registered and the X does not appear on the video while I am working on it. Does this happen to anybody else? Any possible solutions?

Try to Purge memory
  • does this work on Mac with M1 Pro?

Sure!
  • Trying to use the demo/sample and After Effects keeps crashing whenever I use the effect. Scared to buy the actual plugin for it to not work. Are there any fixes? Iv'e tried multiple times and it's always crashed. 
  • Trying to use the demo/sample and After Effects keeps crashing whenever I use the effect. Scared to buy the actual plugin for it to not work. Are there any fixes? Iv'e tried multiple times and it's always crashed. 
    This happens on Mac? try with another version of AE
  • Although it's entertaining to play around with, this tool definitely requires a thorough introduction to comprehend all the parameters.
    I have it running with AE 2022 without any problems. 
  • Does it run with AE 2023?
  • Does it run with AE 2023?

Yes
  • Is it possible to downgrade to 1.2.1? 
    I have issues with the new version creating pixel artifacts on a previous flow.
  • I think it needs an additional revision, it's crashing hard on multi-frame rendering, both PC and MacOS
  • I think it needs an additional revision, it's crashing hard on multi-frame rendering, both PC and MacOS

Do you have latest version of loopflow?

Can you please provide AE version and project with problem so we can find a bug
  • Woould it possible to have an "Export flow map" feature in future version 
    kind of works like this
    https://www.blendernation.com/2021/03/03/free-flow-map-painter-addon/

It would be incredibly helpful for game engines!
  • Tony Tsao said:
    Woould it possible to have an "Export flow map" feature in future version 
    kind of works like this
    https://www.blendernation.com/2021/03/03/free-flow-map-painter-addon/

It would be incredibly helpful for game engines!
    Ok. Will add this feature ASAP.
  • Hello, I need to know how to generate a loop in a final video