• the wayne said:
    Why does my FileHunter open with the Fly-out menu EVERY time i open AE?
    and then the
    Anonymous statistics questions blue ribbon after that as well.... 
    Hi Wayne

That's definitely not supposed to happen. Is File Hunter docked in the UI? If so and it still keeps doing the fly-out menu please submit a support ticket so we can investigate. 
    Yes, it's docked in it's own pane. 
    Thanks, James i will create a ticket next time i open AE
  • I stopped using FileHunter a while back because I use layered Ai files frequently, and when I used FileHunter to reconnect media, all the separated layers of Ai files that had been "Imported as Composition - Separate Layers" came in as flattened footage items - all the layers the same.

Has this been fixed?

• Hi, 
    again its not working with the latest OSX/AE/FileHunter :(
    I get the following error.
    Object of type Function found where a Number, Array, or Property is needed

45:jsx/lib/ui_resourcify.jsx:348

---

[45]

PE_FH()

anonymous()

Panel([Object:[object Object]],[Object:[object Object]])

_Container("Panel",[Object:[object Object]],[Object:[object Object]])

alertError([Error:Error: Object of type Function found where a Number, Array, or Property is needed],"jsx/lib/ui_resourcif"...)

cheers
  • Is linking illustrator files in the pipeline at all?
  • Is linking illustrator files in the pipeline at all?
    Hi Jeremy

Unfortunately the AE SDK doesn't have this feature yet so we can't implement it.
  • Hi, 
    again its not working with the latest OSX/AE/FileHunter :(
    I get the following error.
    Object of type Function found where a Number, Array, or Property is needed

45:jsx/lib/ui_resourcify.jsx:348

---

[45]

PE_FH()

anonymous()

Panel([Object:[object Object]],[Object:[object Object]])

_Container("Panel",[Object:[object Object]],[Object:[object Object]])

alertError([Error:Error: Object of type Function found where a Number, Array, or Property is needed],"jsx/lib/ui_resourcif"...)

cheers
    Hi Valentin

Could you please email me at james@plugineverything so we can try and fix this issue?
  • The 1.0.9 update doesn't seem to show up properly in AE 2021 or the public beta. Installed with ZXP installer and the aescripts app. Still showing 1.0.8
  • Same here. It keeps notifying update when i have done it
  • The 1.0.9 update doesn't seem to show up properly in AE 2021 or the public beta. Installed with ZXP installer and the aescripts app. Still showing 1.0.8

the wayne said:
    Same here. It keeps notifying update when i have done it

Sorry about that guys, that's my bad there! 
    A new version is uploaded (still 1.0.9) that fixes this issue, enjoy!
  • Uninstalled and re-installed completely. 1.09 update still doesn't open for me. Pretty sure 1.08 worked fine.
    Win10, AE 2021
  • Uninstalled and re-installed completely. 1.09 update still doesn't open for me. Pretty sure 1.08 worked fine.
    Win10, AE 2021
    Hi James, when you say it doesn't open for you are there any errors at all or does it simply just not open?
  • Absolutely love this plugin. Has saved me so much time working with older projects. Love it!
  • it does not work for after effects 2022 version. could you please fix it?

• it does not work for after effects 2022 version. could you please fix it?

Hey Adrian, i'm sorry After Effects 2022 only just recently came out and we haven't had time to test it quite yet, however we'll definitely be doing that very soon. Just to help us out could you please let me know what the issue is? It'll hopefully speed up our debugging and eventual fix.
  • Hello plugin worked great in AE 2021, Win10.
    In AE 2022, Win10, it causes AE to not open any TOP MENUS "File, Edit, Clip, ... , Window, Help" and shows an error.
    Thank you! 
  • Hi,

After 1.09 it worked on and off in AE 2021. In AE 2022 is doesn't work. Working on windows.

Best regards
  • Hi,

After 1.09 it worked on and off in AE 2021. In AE 2022 is doesn't work. Working on windows.

Best regards
    Hey Darth Vader (Cool name) I'm the main dev behind FH, could you please create a support ticket and throw in some screenshots or any errors you might be seeing? It'll help alot with debugging and getting it working for you asap!
  • Hi,

Best regards
    Hey Darth Vader (Cool name) I'm the main dev behind FH, could you please create a support ticket and throw in some screenshots or any errors you might be seeing? It'll help alot with debugging and getting it working for you asap!
    Thank you. The emperor gave it to me once I joined the Sith :).I don't get any errors. The block where filehunter opens is just empty.

Best regards
  • Bump!
    Still doesn't work in AE 2022!
  • I purchased File Hunter the other day and installed "File Hunter version 1.0.9" via "ZXP Installer version 1.6.226.0" but File Hunter won't open. In AE, when I go into "Window>Extensions" the name "File Hunter" is listed there, but when clicked nothing pops up. All of my other extensions installed via ZXP work and pop up/display properly. When they are open a check mark displays beside their names in the "Window>Extensions" window showing that they are indeed open, but no matter how many times I click on File Hunter it never even displays a check mark. Indicating that it's not just hidden somewhere, it's simply just not opening. 

Any advice or guidance on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated.
    Thank you,
  • I purchased File Hunter the other day and installed "File Hunter version 1.0.9" via "ZXP Installer version 1.6.226.0" but File Hunter won't open. In AE, when I go into "Window>Extensions" the name "File Hunter" is listed there, but when clicked nothing pops up. All of my other extensions installed via ZXP work and pop up/display properly. When they are open a check mark displays beside their names in the "Window>Extensions" window showing that they are indeed open, but no matter how many times I click on File Hunter it never even displays a check mark. Indicating that it's not just hidden somewhere, it's simply just not opening. 

Thank you,
    Hi Daniel,

I'm sorry to hear that File Hunter isn't working for you, that's really strange and others have reported a similar problem. Would you be willing to follow the guide here and let me know if it starts working? File Hunter was definitely signed before publication, however I wonder if something has gone wrong with the signing process or something Adobe has done as someone else claimed this worked for them recently. If it does then I know that it's definitely a signing issue and I can look into that. Sorry about all of this.

Kind regards, 
    Matthew.
  • i'm having the same issue, it doesnt do anything when i click on it in the extension window, in AE 2021 and latest build, i also tried the registry edit 
  • i'm having the same issue, it doesnt do anything when i click on it in the extension window, in AE 2021 and latest build, i also tried the registry edit 
    Hey John i'm so sorry for taking so long to get back to you, has there been any chance on this or are you still experiencing the same issues?
  • Had no issues what so ever until I'm now on AE 2022, now when I go to extentions and click Filehunter the panel no longer opens, please get back to me. [email protected]
    Same issue as described here
  • Hi, this doesn't work on 2022, or 2020, but strangely it works on 2021, but not on another pc that I have. 

In other words it's broken
  • Hi, this doesn't work on 2022, or 2020, but strangely it works on 2021, but not on another pc that I have. 

In other words it's broken
    Hey Mike,

Matthew here the File Hunter dev, If you don't mind me asking, how is it broken?

Kind regards, 
    Matthew.
  • Harry Fisher said:
    Had no issues what so ever until I'm now on AE 2022, now when I go to extentions and click Filehunter the panel no longer opens, please get back to me. [email protected]

Hey Harry,

I tried sending you an email with the address you provided but I was bounced back, I assume the ".com" before the "@gmail" needs to be removed, could you please confirm?

Kind regards, 
    Matthew.
  • Broken Broken Broken. Don't buy this as it's not working in the latest version of After Effects.
  • hi all. plugin doesn't work with AE 2022 (22.3.0 Build 107) this error appears in pop up - " I/O error 30:jsx/host.jsx:189 --- [30] hunt(4) alertError([Error:IOError: I/O error],"jsx/host.jsx")"

Can you please check this?
    Thank you
  • hi all. plugin doesn't work with AE 2022 (22.3.0 Build 107) this error appears in pop up - " I/O error 30:jsx/host.jsx:189 --- [30] hunt(4) alertError([Error:IOError: I/O error],"jsx/host.jsx")"

Can you please check this?
    Thank you
    l dowding said:
    Broken Broken Broken. Don't buy this as it's not working in the latest version of After Effects.

Hi I dowding and Vladimir,

I'm so sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys, i've been very flat out the past couple of  weeks.  
    We've just pushed out a new version of File Hunter (1.0.10) that I hope will fix this error for you, please update to the latest version and let me know how it goes. If you're still having errors we'll do everything we can to get both of you up and running as soon as possible. 

Kind regards,  
    Matthew.

• I get this error always.

After Effects error: The source file has bad header. Please check that it is a valid file.

32:jsx/host.jsx:326

---

[32]

hunt(4)

alertError([Error:Error: After Effects error: The source file has bad header. Please check that it is a valid file.],"jsx/host.jsx")

• I get this error always.

After Effects error: The source file has bad header. Please check that it is a valid file.

32:jsx/host.jsx:326

---

[32]

hunt(4)

alertError([Error:Error: After Effects error: The source file has bad header. Please check that it is a valid file.],"jsx/host.jsx")

Hi Burak,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you i've been sick with the flu. That is a very strange error we haven't seen before and sounds more like a corrupted file and if so there's nothing File Hunter can do about that. Have you tried manually dragging it into AE?

Kind regards, 
    Matthew.
  • Why would AE Scripts filter this as a latest script when it's not even supported in 2022 versions of AE? I was excited when I first saw this. Hope a new version comes out.
  • While I understand that you have fancier plugins, please update this one to the latest AE version.
    I really need that extension to replace missing footage. Thanks guys.
  • Why would AE Scripts filter this as a latest script when it's not even supported in 2022 versions of AE? I was excited when I first saw this. Hope a new version comes out.
    Hi Justin
    I believe aescripts catalogue will place any product as "newest" if anything (even the description) is updated. We've just a release to fix compatibility with AE22, please let me know how you go.
  • While I understand that you have fancier plugins, please update this one to the latest AE version.
    I really need that extension to replace missing footage. Thanks guys.
    Hi Sandro
    We've just released a new update for AE22, please give it a go.
  • I haven't gotten this extension to work n a long time. I thought it was just AE22 but I downgraded to AE21 (long-term supported) and this will just not load when I select it from the extensions menu. I see that it's been updated so I don't know what's wrong.
  • I can't get this to work. It shows under windows>extensions but when I click on it nothing comes up, and no checkmark appears next to it either. I've reinstalled it multiple times and no dice. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Thank you,
    This is the exact problem I am having.

• I haven't gotten this extension to work n a long time. I thought it was just AE22 but I downgraded to AE21 (long-term supported) and this will just not load when I select it from the extensions menu. I see that it's been updated so I don't know what's wrong.
    I can't get this to work. It shows under windows>extensions but when I click on it nothing comes up, and no checkmark appears next to it either. I've reinstalled it multiple times and no dice. Any idea what i'm doing wrong?
    Hi Joshua and Adam,

We've just released a new version of File Hunter, has this resolved the problem? If not please let me know and we can work on getting you guys up and running asap.

Kind regards, 
    Matthew.
  • Hi Joshua and Adam,

We've just released a new version of File Hunter, has this resolved the problem? If not please let me know and we can work on getting you guys up and running asap.

Kind regards, 
    Matthew.
    Thanks for responding Matthew! Unfortunately no. The same problem persists. 
  • Thank you, Matthew. I'll echo Adam--the extension just won't load. I can confirm all my extensions are working properly so it probably isn't related to my AE version/install.
  • hey there, same here. multiple (re-)installations, with and without aescript-installer, manually... tried AE21 AE22.. The plugin just won't start! :(
  • Just wanted to add that the plugin no matter works I have tried using AE Scripts Manager and manually installing.
    Every other extension works, it is just file hunter that does not open a window.
  • echo-ing those here as well, windows 11, latest AE, latest file hunter. Window will not open in AE from extension menu. Not even a checkmark next to the extension after initiation
  • echo-ing those here as well, windows 11, latest AE, latest file hunter. Window will not open in AE from extension menu. Not even a checkmark next to the extension after initiation
    Hi Zach
    Apologies, we weren't able to overcome the issues in AE 22 and have made the decision to discontinue the product. 
  • Jimmy Ji said:
    Just wanted to add that the plugin no matter works I have tried using AE Scripts Manager and manually installing.
    Every other extension works, it is just file hunter that does not open a window.
    Hi Jimmy
    Apologies, we weren't able to overcome the issues in AE 22 and have made the decision to discontinue the product. 
  • hey there, same here. multiple (re-)installations, with and without aescript-installer, manually... tried AE21 AE22.. The plugin just won't start! :(
    Hi Jens
  • This is seriously sad news guys. I use FileHunter everyday, albeit with massive workarounds and pains, i still love it... Now i'll just be waiting for it to die with every new AE update... like an old dog...