AM Select And Set
  • Any chance for CS6 support on this one in the near future?
  • Tim K K said:
    Any chance for CS6 support on this one in the near future?
    There are lot of challenges to make this script supported on CS6. I'll try my best working on that. It will take some time.
  • Does this tool have the ability to select layers which have their "Parent & Link" set to "None"?
    If not, does anyone know a tool which is able to do such a thing? 
    Thanks!

• Does this tool have the ability to select layers which have their "Parent & Link" set to "None"?
    If not, does anyone know a tool which is able to do such a thing? 
    Thanks!
    Actually it is possible with this script. You just need to choose "Any Layer's Child" option in Parent & Link section in UI and you need to hold Alt/Option key then click on Select button that will select all the layers which have None selected in Parent & Link.
  • Hi dev, I wanted to choose video layers only.
    But, the script could not select the video layer.
    Sometimes it could not select image and precomp layers too.
    I tried everything, but no luck. I'm on a PC and after effects 2019 v16.1.3.
    Please fix it. Thanks.
    Please fix it. Thanks.
    Hi, Can you please tell me what is the result when you try to select video layer? Is it select any other layer or it doesn't select anything in the timeline?

And make sure you don't have any other options checked in the UI. It will also looking for the combination. So make sure you only enabled Video Layers icon from the top section if you want to select only Video layers. You should have the UI something similar to this

And also please tell me the File extensions of Images and Videos which is not selected by the script. Thanks

Please fix it. Thanks.
    Hi, Can you please tell me what is the result when you try to select video layer? Is it select any other layer or it doesn't select anything in the timeline?

And make sure you don't have any other options checked in the UI. It will also looking for the combination. So make sure you only enabled Video Layers icon from the top section if you want to select only Video layers. You should have the UI something similar to this

And also please tell me the File extensions of Images and Videos which is not selected by the script. Thanks

Hi, it did not select any layers when clicked on that button.
    Here is the screenshot. That is a ProRes .mov file, which I renamed after importing to after effects.
    I have renamed it and reused many times. Am I missing something?
    Please fix it. Thanks.

Hi, it did not select any layers when clicked on that button.
    Here is the screenshot. That is a ProRes .mov file, which I renamed after importing to after effects.
    I have renamed it and reused many times. Am I missing something?
    Can you submit a help ticket with a screen capture to help me to resolve this issue? https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1767
  • What a great time-saving tool! Too bad it doesn't support CS6...
  • Hello, I really like your script It saves a significant amount of time! However, there is 2 thing that I frequently doing, but am unable to do.

1. There are no options for selecting a layer with both an alpha matte and a matted object (the white circle beside layer name, usually above it). [The only options are no track matte and all four types of matte.]

2. There are no options for selecting an orphan layer that does not have both a parent and a child [the only options are to select a child only, a parent only, or both a parent and a child].

I'd be grateful if you could include these options in the futures update.
  • RaDn Hsn said:
    Hello, I really like your script It saves a significant amount of time! However, there is 2 thing that I frequently doing, but am unable to do.

1. There are no options for selecting a layer with both an alpha matte and a matted object (the white circle beside layer name, usually above it). [The only options are no track matte and all four types of matte.]

2. There are no options for selecting an orphan layer that does not have both a parent and a child [the only options are to select a child only, a parent only, or both a parent and a child].

I'd be grateful if you could include these options in the futures update.
    Hi, Thank you for your review.

1. I will brink this feature in future updates.

2.You can actually select the any layer which is not a child or a parent. Just make a selection on "All Parents & Children" Then hold Alt/Option button in your PC/Mac to invert the selection. Which will help you to select orphan layers.
  • Hello, Great script.

Wish to have a feature where it selects all the layer at current time frame
  • I just found this wonderful tool and it fills a need that is critical to so many common tasks in After Effects. Yours is the only script I could find to easily select all Parent layers, so thank you so much!

I often do "finishing work" involving cleaning up people's messy projects and when combing through hundreds of layers for those that are not visible, but still very much needed, I often need to lock or avoid deleting Parent layers and any layers that are not visible but are being used as either luma or alpha mattes.  Your script is almost PERFECT for my needs, but if you do any big updates to it, it would be AMAZING to have a dropdown that selects all layers that are either luma OR alpha mattes -- just all mattes in general, since it almost never matters to me which type it is later on, even when I'm the designer.

The only other thing on my dream wishlist was that on an M1 Mac today in AE 2022 i would have to uncheck and recheck the "Parent" box and hit "Select" again to get the correct selection. Before I realized this I almost deleted the wrong layers, but once aware of that issue it was easy to work around. No real complaints from me though, even as is this was well worth $25, THANK YOU! Highly recommended!!!