• It looks like some people are still having licensing issues but main on 22.6 and the latest Beta.  I'm working on a proper fix but will take me some time.  Until then customers have been able to temporarily work around by one or more of these:
    • Clearing preferences through the ZXP installer and restarting AE.
    • Removing KBar from the startup workspace and opening it later.
    • Switching to an older version of AE
    • If you're on Mac with M1 run After Effects with rosetta stone.
  • Do we need to keep Kbar2 installed? 
    When I got Kbar3, I uninstalled 2 and nothing works. not even available in extensions... ? This seems weird?
  • the wayne said:
    Do we need to keep Kbar2 installed? 
    When I got Kbar3, I uninstalled 2 and nothing works. not even available in extensions... ? This seems weird?
    No, it should be uninstalled.  Something else is wrong with your AE setup.  Not sure what though.
  • The new build of KBar that works without licensing issues in 22.6 and the latest beta is out. 
  • Rafi Khan said:
    the wayne said:
    Do we need to keep Kbar2 installed? 
    No, it should be uninstalled.  Something else is wrong with your AE setup.  Not sure what though.
    I'm experiencing the same thing. And my AE setup was working just fine before the Kbar 3 update, now it isn't available in the list of extensions.

EDIT: I got it working. I had to uninstall Kbar 3 via the aescripts installer app, and then reinstall it after a system restart. seems to be working now.
  • I'll add a +1 to brandon's fix. kbar 3.0.3 was working as should in ae 22.6 (on windows 11) earlier today. went back in to the same project later in the day. kbar had disappeared. uninstalled in aescripts manager, restarted system and again installed kbar. then panic set in as ae started up, was afraid all my settings were wiped when kbar uninstalled. but all there, and now, back to work!
  • Is this version 3 a free upgrade for owners of version 2?
  • Is this version 3 a free upgrade for owners of version 2?

Upgrade details here: https://aescripts.com/kbar/#upgrade-notice
  • Hi,

in the trailer, we see we can drag and drop the align buttons directly. I try to do it and it doesn't work.

I try to add button menu item Align, but it just open the window Align.

How to do it, this is not really clear.
  • Hey, is there is any way to duplicate the buttons we made?
  • This is such good script helps to assemble multiple scripts and expression. I have few feature request which would make it even more practical

1. There is preset colors. I had changed the hex code in one. But it doesnt reflect in all of them. Color should be in settings, and if we change in one all should be changed.

2. If there would be option to do keyboard macros. It would be a big task but could take the kbar to next level.

3. Icons are practical. It should have most of the icon is after effects.

4. There should be website where Kbar has all the scripts/ link to the relevant site where we can find script/icons. This would help both the user and author, and better the community.
  • Hey, is there is any way to duplicate the buttons we made?
    Click the pencil button on the right and you'll see the ability to clone a button or toolbar.

• This is such good script helps to assemble multiple scripts and expression. I have few feature request which would make it even more practical

1. There is preset colors. I had changed the hex code in one. But it doesnt reflect in all of them. Color should be in settings, and if we change in one all should be changed.

2. If there would be option to do keyboard macros. It would be a big task but could take the kbar to next level.

3. Icons are practical. It should have most of the icon is after effects.

4. There should be website where Kbar has all the scripts/ link to the relevant site where we can find script/icons. This would help both the user and author, and better the community.
    #1 -- Are you trying to force all the buttons to be the same color?  Can you give me more detail on this feedback form.

#2 --  I don't know if this is possible and is probably a massive project.

#3 -- I'm sorry, I don't understand what this means. Please open a support ticket so I can understand better.

#4 -- I'm exploring this for a future update.
  • Hello. I'm a big fan of Kbar, been using it for awhile but now I'm having a problem. I would like to create some new buttons for Effects, but when I go to Add Button/Apply Effect/Effect List, I click on the triangle and it just says 'Loading." I've let this run for half an hour and it never gets past this. I am on MacOS12.6 (2017 iMac), AE 22.6.0, Kbar 3.0.3. I currently use one bar with 26 buttons.
  • Hi, I'm loving KBar3 so far. Ive been creating my own JSX files and so far everything works. 
    But now i would like to be to call a specific function i declared in a jsx file, together with some arguments, all from the KBar3 field.
    Forgive me if this has been answered, but i only found the solution where we could check against a specific value and then switch.
    I would like to have the flexibility to specify things like duration differently per button and not hardcode it.

I would like to do something like this:

function scaleIn(transDur, smoothIn, smoothOut) {
    //do something with those 3 arguments

}

And then call the function from KBar like this: scaleIn(1,false,true)

Can anyone enlighten me how i would go about this? Is this doable?
    A simple example would be awesome..

Cheers,

Joep
  • Hello. I'm a big fan of Kbar, been using it for awhile but now I'm having a problem. I would like to create some new buttons for Effects, but when I go to Add Button/Apply Effect/Effect List, I click on the triangle and it just says 'Loading." I've let this run for half an hour and it never gets past this. I am on MacOS12.6 (2017 iMac), AE 22.6.0, Kbar 3.0.3. I currently use one bar with 26 buttons.
    Please open a support ticket
  • Hi, I'm loving KBar3 so far. Ive been creating my own JSX files and so far everything works. 
    But now i would like to be to call a specific function i declared in a jsx file, together with some arguments, all from the KBar3 field.
    Forgive me if this has been answered, but i only found the solution where we could check against a specific value and then switch.
    I would like to have the flexibility to specify things like duration differently per button and not hardcode it.

I would like to do something like this:

function scaleIn(transDur, smoothIn, smoothOut) {
    //do something with those 3 arguments

}

And then call the function from KBar like this: scaleIn(1,false,true)

Can anyone enlighten me how i would go about this? Is this doable?
    A simple example would be awesome..

Cheers,

Joep

The instructions and a sample can be found at https://kraftyfx.github.io/kbar/integration

• is there support for Apple M1 chips? I cant install it.
  • is there support for Apple M1 chips? I cant install it.

yes it works on Apple Silicon M1. If you're having trouble installing we recommend that you use our manager app to install: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
    if you need further assistance please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/
  • Hi everyone, a while ago I sent a survey asking for what people wanted to see in KBar. Thank you for all the feedback!

I took the top requested features and prototyped them.
    1. Wider buttons
    2. Spacers between buttons
    3. Labels for toolbars
    4. Tooltips that show modifier buttons
    5. Disabling tooltips entirely

• Thanks for the fix. 
    - Text buttons with 2 east asian characters shows up on a single line.
  • Thanks for the fix. 
    - Text buttons with 2 east asian characters shows up on a single line.
    Thanks for reporting the bug. I didn't know about this until you told me.
  • Hi there. I'm trying to upgrade from KBar2 to KBar3 but nothing shows up in aeScripts Manager or my Downloads & Licenses webpage. Only the "Info" button which just takes me to this page. Is there some step I'm missing?
  • Hi there. I'm trying to upgrade from KBar2 to KBar3 but nothing shows up in aeScripts Manager or my Downloads & Licenses webpage. Only the "Info" button which just takes me to this page. Is there some step I'm missing?

upgrade instructions are here: https://aescripts.com/kbar/#upgrade-notice
    if you need further assistance, please open a Support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • This just started happening, I have the text labels set to be off (to save space) but for some reason now they stay on. I have to manually turn them off every time I open AE or open a new project. How can I make sure they stay off??  Great tool by the way!
  • This just started happening, I have the text labels set to be off (to save space) but for some reason now they stay on. I have to manually turn them off every time I open AE or open a new project. How can I make sure they stay off??  Great tool by the way!
    Thanks. Please open a support ticket with a screen recording so I can better understand this issue.
  • This seems like a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway: how do I import a plugin function into Kbar? For example, in the Kbar tutorial we can see that several KeyCloner functions are displayed as buttons. Is this something that's easy to do, or does it require custom scripts?

• Max Allen said:
    This seems like a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway: how do I import a plugin function into Kbar? For example, in the Kbar tutorial we can see that several KeyCloner functions are displayed as buttons. Is this something that's easy to do, or does it require custom scripts?

It varies from tool to tool but you have to ask the author what the supported functions are and what "argument" to pass in when creating a button.  Often people will add a comment to the product page or contact them directly.
  • Being analytic here... Why can the Icons in the promo video look like the real Icons? Otherwise have the Icons look like the once from the promo video ; ]
  • Hey Rafi. This too seems like an obvious question but each time there is a major AE update, IE 22 - 23
    I have to re-edit the path of each AE native script I have set to a button. There is no way around this right? 
    Example: I have 
    update legacy scripts set on a button. When i updated to '23 this broke because the source jsx is obviously still in the '22 folder that was uninstalled
  • i deleted gear icon (kbar settings) by mistake is there way to restore it ?
  • To trim a layer to the current time indicator i Press ALT + [ to create a new in-point is there away to make icon for this in kbar ?
  • How Can I customize the scripot?
    I am loading json file but it doesnt work.

Is there any place I can buy some ready json file?
  • Hello! Is there a way to add more than one effect to a single button? I need to add 4 effects applying to a layer pressing a button but when I try to make it I can only choose one effect from the drop list. What shall I do to make it?
  • I currently own Kbar 2, which is great... but there are some things it couldn't' do. For example, I was unable to make a button to activate Newton because of where it is located in the composition menu. Has this been fixed in Kbar 3?
  • You mention and show the share function, but do you have a list of any toolbars that other users have created and have shared? Would love to see how others are using KBar.
  • KBar is great!

How can I call another toolbar up? I've set a button up to open, for example, the Kbar 2 extension and it shows up with the first toolbar I've configured, "KBar Primary".

I'd like the button to open up my second toolbar, "Timeline Helpers" instead.

Please advise. Thank you!

• KBar is great!

How can I call another toolbar up? I've set a button up to open, for example, the Kbar 2 extension and it shows up with the first toolbar I've configured, "KBar Primary".

For those that have a similar question, I've opened a ticket and received a reply:
    Just right click on it and select the entry for your other toolbar :)

My response:
    Thank you - that's helpful but not the behavior I'm looking for. I'm trying to set up buttons to switch between the toolbars. The idea is to be able to tap between them quickly, and though the right-click behavior is quicker than digging into the fly-out menu, it's not as quick as a tap to a specific toolbar with a button.

Is there no argument or other way to call a specific toolbar from a button?

• KBar is great!

For those that have a similar question, I've opened a ticket and received a reply:

My response:
    Thank you - that's helpful but not the behavior I'm looking for. I'm trying to set up buttons to switch between the toolbars. The idea is to be able to tap between them quickly, and though the right-click behavior is quicker than digging into the fly-out menu, it's not as quick as a tap to a specific toolbar with a button.

The exact thing you're looking for isn't possible today. The closest thing is the "Show Label" feature in KBar 3.1
  • Rafi Khan said:
    KBar is great!

My response:

The exact thing you're looking for isn't possible today. The closest thing is the "Show Label" feature in KBar 3.1
    Understood; thank you for the replies and recommendation. (I am currently using v3.1.2.)

Sometimes the answer you don't want is still helpful.

Please consider it a feature request!

Best,
    -Chris
  • I downloaded the trial for the latest version and when I shrink the panel, the buttons don't stack, it just hides the buttons.

Is that a trial thing? The documentation is pretty sparse and the tutorial video is too.
  • I downloaded the trial for the latest version and when I shrink the panel, the buttons don't stack, it just hides the buttons.

Is that a trial thing? The documentation is pretty sparse and the tutorial video is too.

If you have a technical or customer support issue, please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1967&direct=1
  • Bought it...was going to keep testing it through the weekend before pulling the trigger, but the support has been super responsive and I've already saved time on some projects. Thanks for a great product.

I downloaded the free KBar stuff from https://aescripts.com/after-effects-shortcut-icons/ and I'm gonna end up buying that too for use with KBar in AE.
  • Bought it...was going to keep testing it through the weekend before pulling the trigger, but the support has been super responsive and I've already saved time on some projects. Thanks for a great product.

I downloaded the free KBar stuff from https://aescripts.com/after-effects-shortcut-icons/ and I'm gonna end up buying that too for use with KBar in AE.
    Very disappointed with the After Effects Shortcut Icons.. the biggest issue is they have you use "Restore" to install their KBars and that overwrites and wipes out anything already installed. So if you haven't backed up your own customizations or imports of other KBars, BOOM your work is gone. There are some GREAT and useful icons in the set, but I only ended up using about 12 of the 560. And they are PNG files, so a lot harder to customize or change than SVG files would have been.
  • Saxon Rix said:
    Hi, great to see a new version! But just wondering if you plan on adding the following features, as the new version doesn't seem to have many additional features compared to Kbar2:

- Sub Menus: A button type that opens a dropdown/pop out menu item which reveals the contents of another toolbar. An alternative to keyboard modifiers (modifier options are quite limited). For example, like how MoBar uses dropdown/pop out menus: MoBar - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

- Add the ability to add line spacing in tool-tips.
    +1 to this... There's only so much real estate in AE and the ability to combine similar items as a dropdown (for us old folks who don't use keyboard modifiers much).
  • So, I tried the "trial" version before buying KBar3 and when I had questions and issues I was asked to create a trouble ticket.  The author was VERY QUICK to answer my queries and address my issues. So much so that I bought KBar3. Lesson learned... If you bought it here, use a trouble ticket to get help.
  • Hello,
    is it possible to add .aex plugins/scripts? I was trying to add "Set Path Keyframe" and "Find my AEP" by Mograph Mindset but I have not found where I can add it.
  • Long Tran said:
    Hello,
    is it possible to add .aex plugins/scripts? I was trying to add "Set Path Keyframe" and "Find my AEP" by Mograph Mindset but I have not found where I can add it.
    Just add a JSX/JSXBIN button. Check out the tutorial video for more details: https://aescripts.com/kbar/#tutorial
  • HI,
    Adobe released the 2023 version of After Effect, however the KBar3 plug-in disappeared and I can't install it even through the aescripts+aeplugins App.
    Has a new compatible version been released?
    Thank you
  • HI,
    Adobe released the 2023 version of After Effect, however the KBar3 plug-in disappeared and I can't install it even through the aescripts+aeplugins App.
    Has a new compatible version been released?
    Thank you

Please see this faq: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app-faq/#install-latest

if you need further assistance, please open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1