• imageSave Objects

Save compositions, layers and properties with live preview.Presets, Fonts, Masks, Markers, Keyframes interpolation, Expressions and JSX code can also be saved with the ability to change all values. + All files viewer

https://aescripts.com/save-objects/

• All the icons have dispersed in the menu

• All the icons have dispersed in the menu

Hi Jay,
    At first back up your saved objects (by right down button).
    Delete "SaveObjects_Assets" folder on my document folder and reopen the extension.

If this issue is not resolved please open a support ticket and send screenshots so I can help you.
    Cheers,
    Masoud
  • What is the difference between Save Objects vs Save Actions?
  • What is the difference between Save Objects vs Save Actions?
    Hi Esteban,
    "Save Actions" especially used for saving presets.
    But "Save Objects" is for saving compositions, layers and presets.
    Also save Fonts, Masks, Markers, Keyframes interpolation, Expressions and JSX codes with the ability to change their values.
    And its a media browser for your external templates. Preview, apply, and import projects, presets and media files.

It can be said that save actions is a subset of Save objects. 
    To learn more about this extension, I suggest you watch its tutorial.
  • Hi!
    Can we share objects and libraries to other people who don't have a Save Objects licence ? Or is it mandatory?
  • Hi!
    Can we share objects and libraries to other people who don't have a Save Objects licence ? Or is it mandatory?
    Hi Gregoire,
    You can share libraries with them. By the Export button, you can back up all categories and share them with anyone.
    But if they do not have a license, they can only access libraries manually. If they want to have a preview with  this extension (save objects) , they have to get a license.

Cheers,
    Masoud
  • Lovely tool, man! 
    1. The "AE_Codes" category with all of the Expressions + JSX etc. - Needs a more unified UI / Icon system to make it appear easier on the eyes, to also be able to easily find what you search for.
    Also, maybe the name of the effect/template/whatever we import - should be bigger, and with 2 lines of text within the frame of it's icon? 

2. So not every tool has to be saved inside the "Save Objects" folder? Your AE Templates could stay in their original place and just be used by this extension? No files are copied to the ext. folder?

3. Maybe the audio needs a global volume meter, to not hear music so loud when previewing.

4. Does "Exporting" a Comp with that Arrow-Up icon- is that just a normal "Collect"? Does it add that onto the "Save Objects" library?

5. How could those "Instagram Story" and other Animation comps you show in the tutorial - be only made out of a single x1 AEP file?
    Where are all those images and graphical elements saved?

Thank you, Masoud!
  • elad bari said:
    Lovely tool, man! 
    1. The "AE_Codes" category with all of the Expressions + JSX etc. - Needs a more unified UI / Icon system to make it appear easier on the eyes, to also be able to easily find what you search for.
    Also, maybe the name of the effect/template/whatever we import - should be bigger, and with 2 lines of text within the frame of it's icon? 

2. So not every tool has to be saved inside the "Save Objects" folder? Your AE Templates could stay in their original place and just be used by this extension? No files are copied to the ext. folder?

3. Maybe the audio needs a global volume meter, to not hear music so loud when previewing.

4. Does "Exporting" a Comp with that Arrow-Up icon- is that just a normal "Collect"? Does it add that onto the "Save Objects" library?

5. How could those "Instagram Story" and other Animation comps you show in the tutorial - be only made out of a single x1 AEP file?
    Where are all those images and graphical elements saved?

Thank you, Masoud!
    Hi Elad,
    And thanks for reviewing this extension.

I will try to use them in the next update.

In the case of:

1. I agree with you. Maybe this folder ("AE-Codes") should be unified .(However, the user is able to change the thumbnail of each object for himself)
     And display the titles in two lines.

2. Just to make it easier for the user to access, I decided to save the libraries in "my documents" folder.

3. I will work on it more later.

4. If you mean the export button (bottom right), this operation backs up all libraries. And then we can import that package into another system by import button(bottom left).

5. The "Instagram story" and other things you saw in the tutorial (import external templates section) are ready-made templates that I imported them in to the extension. And these cases do not have additional footage and file and only have a place holder in which the user can put their footage.
    Of course, if you save everything by the extension, all thing, including footage and even fonts, will be saved in the appropriate folder.

Thank you very much again
  • Hi Elad,
    And thanks for reviewing this extension.

I will try to use them in the next update.

In the case of:

1. I agree with you. Maybe this folder ("AE-Codes") should be unified .(However, the user is able to change the thumbnail of each object for himself)
     And display the titles in two lines.

2. Just to make it easier for the user to access, I decided to save the libraries in "my documents" folder.

3. I will work on it more later.

4. If you mean the export button (bottom right), this operation backs up all libraries. And then we can import that package into another system by import button(bottom left).

5. The "Instagram story" and other things you saw in the tutorial (import external templates section) are ready-made templates that I imported them in to the extension. And these cases do not have additional footage and file and only have a place holder in which the user can put their footage.
    Of course, if you save everything by the extension, all thing, including footage and even fonts, will be saved in the appropriate folder.

Thank you very much again

Thank you for being open to suggestions and for improving your new tool, man :)

1. It's great to know we can control the icons [and the 2 lines of text]. I thought it only works with an animated Comp. I didn't see how you do that in the menu of the Extension, so maybe next video you record- you should show it.

2. I personally don't want to say huge templates I create- on "My Documents" folder. I place it on my Projects SSD while "My Documents" are on my System drive [C:\]. Is it possible to modify the location of this folder?  

3.  I understand any imported project into this extension will be copied to this special folder. I thought the warning saying "This folder is not a SaveObjects Pack. Do you want to continue?" - just notifies us that this "Collect" is located outside the SaveObjects folder and it keeps it there.
    Does this warning means this project is copied to the SaveObjects library automatically when you import it?

4. Yes, I meant the bottom right button. You are saying this actually does a "Collect" to the whole library complex of SaveObjects, so I can, say, import the same setup to my laptop? [that's a smart feature]. Nice, got it. Made sure it not only "collects" the currently opened project.

5. So, you're saying all of those AE projects you showed [instagram stories] - have a folder somewhere within the SaveObjects library- with all of their graphical elements. And what we saw was only a separated folder for AEP+png preview. Ok, I get it. 
    I will have individual library for each Template I wanna import, so I will open the project itself and let it create that PNG sequence from the extension like you showed. I understand you did that to save time in the demonstration video.

Keep the conversation going. Thank you :)
  • First of all thanks for this great tool I really loved it ! 

My only problem that I need to save comps away of partition C , So How can I change the location, Also is there is a way to save each created category to a separate location ? 
  • jose done said:
    First of all thanks for this great tool I really loved it ! 

My only problem that I need to save comps away of partition C , So How can I change the location, Also is there is a way to save each created category to a separate location ? 
    Critical point. Will it be fixed? Using custom location for this extension's folder?
  • elad bari said:
    jose done said:
    First of all thanks for this great tool I really loved it ! 

Critical point. Will it be fixed? Using custom location for this extension's folder?
    Hey Elad,
    This issue will be fixed in the update.

But regarding the previous issues:
    1. Thumbnails can be changed (by right-clicking on the saved object) and selecting the "Set a new thumbnail" option.
    The Work area duration use for saving preview. And the CTI for the still  thumbnail.
    But the problem of displaying the full titles (the 2 lines of text) will be solved in the next update.
    2. This possibility will definitely be considered in the next update. (So that the user can choose the library path)
    3. This warning ("This folder is not a SaveObjects Pack") means the imported folder is an external package and will be packaged to the SaveObjects library automatically.
    4. Yes, that's correct. The Export button takes a backup of all the categories we can share.
    5. The import of external templates (except for save objects packages that exported) is such that the files of the same name (wherever they are in the imported folder) are copied to a folder as an object.
    In templates like "Instagram story", we do not have additional footage and file. All is in one aep file.

Thank you very much
  • Can you export items to ae viewer?
  • Can I revert back to the original version? I am having issues with the upgrade.

• Can I revert back to the original version? I am having issues with the upgrade.

Hi jay,
    Please open a ticket and clearly tell me what is your problem?
    I will send a new update for you to try.
  • All previews play at the same time, it makes AE very slow. Can I play preview just when my mouse over on it ?
  • Thinking of purchasing, but on the trial version the titles in the lower left corner are cut off:

Also the things I saved disappear the next time I open AE, I have to close and reopen the extension to get them back:

Is this something you can fix?
  • Thinking of purchasing, but on the trial version the titles in the lower left corner are cut off:

Also the things I saved disappear the next time I open AE, I have to close and reopen the extension to get them back:

Hi Cyan,
    I am preparing a new update.
    This issue will definitely be resolved in the new update.
  • li sai said:
    All previews play at the same time, it makes AE very slow. Can I play preview just when my mouse over on it ?
    Hi Li,
    In the new update, you will be able to control thumbnails and previews.
    Wait for the new update.

Of course, please open a ticket so that I can solve your issue.
  • As i tested it , this is working thank you mates for sharing this.

Hi Cyan,
    Went ahead and purchased!

Any chance the new update will be ready soon?

Thanks,
    Cyan

Hi Cyan,
    Went ahead and purchased!

Any chance the new update will be ready soon?

Thanks,
    Cyan
    Hi Cyan,
    Please open a ticket so I can send you the beta version.
    Cheers,
    Masoud
  • Hola, hay alguna novedad sobre la actualización?
  • hello, do you know if an update of the script will come soon because the truth is that I feel cheated since this does not do what it says and is very desperate and useless.
  • hi, I'm interested in this script. But can it export the comp to my preferred location? and can it save multiple comp at the same time?

• hello, do you know if an update of the script will come soon because the truth is that I feel cheated since this does not do what it says and is very desperate and useless.
    Hi dear user,
    I am sorry for the delay.
    You can download version 1.5.1 now.
  • hi, I'm interested in this script. But can it export the comp to my preferred location? and can it save multiple comp at the same time?

Hi,
    In the new update (version 1.5.1), the ability to change the default folder for storage has been added. You can try it now.
    Probably, in the next updates, it will be possible to save multiple comp at the same time.
    Cheers,
    Masoud
  • - plz add Folder beside its make speed workflow
    - plz put comp name in input "Please enter a name for your new saved object"
    Screenshot 2022-11-02 015044.png
    210 x 507 - 23K
  • I also like this script , it is very useful script..

Hi,image
    In the new update (version 1.5.1), the ability to change the default folder for storage has been added. You can try it now.
    Probably, in the next updates, it will be possible to save multiple comp at the same time.
    Cheers,
    Masoud
    Great update, yeah the file location is exactly what I need and I think I can make the purchase first while i wait the additional feature. But I do find a bug on this update, if you rollover on the save icon , it just pop the options on and off. How do I fix this ?

Hi,image
    Cheers,
    Masoud
    Great update, yeah the file location is exactly what I need and I think I can make the purchase first while i wait the additional feature. But I do find a bug on this update, if you rollover on the save icon , it just pop the options on and off. How do I fix this ?

Thank you for sharing your experience.
    This issue was reported by another user on Mac OS. I will try to solve this problem soon.
  • I also like this script , it is very useful script..
    Thanks Jozef,
    I am trying to improve its features.
    In the next update, more ready packages will be added to the extension.
  • - plz add Folder beside its make speed workflow
    - plz put comp name in input "Please enter a name for your new saved object"
    Both of your comments are very good ideas.
    I will think about them.
    Thank you
  • Hola, tengo un problema con el script no abre la ventana :( cómo lo puedo solucionar ?
  • Hola, tengo un problema con el script no abre la ventana :( cómo lo puedo solucionar ?
    Hi, 
    Please open a ticket so I can help you.
  • Is it possible to create keyboard shortcuts for specific saved objects?
  • This is life-saver plugin, really the thing I need in my workflow but sadly I experienced some bugs:

— While hovering on “Save” button with floppy icon, context menu constantly being opened and closed.
    It's really difficult to click even on the first option "Save layers".

— Sometimes thumbnails are not loading and it shows "No Image Available" placeholder or just plain "png" text.

— Sometimes I can't save thumbnail. It's just doesn't do anything. It's not very clear when thumbnail is saving, there is no any progress bar, so I can't track if plugin frozen, lagged or just it's taking too long.

— But the worst bug I've got is… At some point categories\folders shows as presets without thumbnail.
    Clicking on them doesn't do anything. Dropdown menu of categories is empty.
    It fixes by reloading After Effects. But at some point I've decided to change folder in settings to the same "~/Documents", hoping that plugin just reload stuff from the folder.
    Instead, plugin just erased all .aep files in "SaveObjects_Assets" folder. They all just 0 Kb.
    I didn't do any backups sadly but at least I've made not much presets yet.
    Still very frustrating :(

• This is life-saver plugin, really the thing I need in my workflow but sadly I experienced some bugs:

— While hovering on “Save” button with floppy icon, context menu constantly being opened and closed.
    It's really difficult to click even on the first option "Save layers".

— Sometimes thumbnails are not loading and it shows "No Image Available" placeholder or just plain "png" text.

— Sometimes I can't save thumbnail. It's just doesn't do anything. It's not very clear when thumbnail is saving, there is no any progress bar, so I can't track if plugin frozen, lagged or just it's taking too long.

— But the worst bug I've got is… At some point categories\folders shows as presets without thumbnail.
    Clicking on them doesn't do anything. Dropdown menu of categories is empty.
    It fixes by reloading After Effects. But at some point I've decided to change folder in settings to the same "~/Documents", hoping that plugin just reload stuff from the folder.
    Instead, plugin just erased all .aep files in "SaveObjects_Assets" folder. They all just 0 Kb.
    I didn't do any backups sadly but at least I've made not much presets yet.
    Still very frustrating :(

Hi Leonid,
    I am sorry for the issues and thank you for this report.

But when you change the default folder for storing objects in the settings, the extension does not delete the files in the previous folder. You can find your files in the previous path.

Please try this update.
    And let me know the result in a support ticket.
    Please open a ticket so that I can solve your issues and you can also help to update the product.

Cheers,
    Masoud Ghazi
  • Is it possible to create keyboard shortcuts for specific saved objects?
    Currently, such a feature is not foreseen
  • Thank you! I will check new version, though it's hard to replicate all the bugs intentionally.
    I'm going to continue to use this plugin anyway, so I will tell about any other bugs and stability.

> But when you change the default folder for storing objects in the settings, the extension does not delete the files in the previous folder. You can find your files in the previous path.

Oh… the thing is, I didn't change folder to another folder. I changed from "~/Documents" to "~/Documents". So, I selected the same path, yeah.
    I thought it would just reload \ reinitialize all the presets I have without necessity to reload whole After Effects.
    But It corrupted all the .aep files. I should do backups next time.

p.s.
    btw, this is how bug with "categories as items" looks like on my current 1.5.1 version.
    Categories are just empty and it does open in like… 2px height dropdown menu.

• Trying the demo. It could be awesome. However, the plugin is full of bugs. Previews keep disappearing. When adding an object an other object that I added previously gets added again. It looks like a lot of work has been put into this plugin and I want to love it , but right now it feels like a beta version not ready to be sold....Hope it works out.
  • Tried the demo and really like it. We do have a question if it's possible in future versions to have an option to leave the footage files linked to their original location instead of collecting. We understand why you would want to collect but we use the adobe library very often and the link to the library is directly broken after collecting assets. So a toggle to make collecting an option would be great!
  • Tried the demo and really like it. We do have a question if it's possible in future versions to have an option to leave the footage files linked to their original location instead of collecting. We understand why you would want to collect but we use the adobe library very often and the link to the library is directly broken after collecting assets. So a toggle to make collecting an option would be great!
    I will add this option to the settings section in the next update. 
    Thanks for the comment
  • I want to buy this in Cyber Week but for the last two days the trial shows no preview images (NO IMAGE AVAILABLE). I reset the settings, restarted AE nothing helps. Any ideas?
  • The plug-in is not working.Do you know how to solve the problem?

• I want to buy this in Cyber Week but for the last two days the trial shows no preview images (NO IMAGE AVAILABLE). I reset the settings, restarted AE nothing helps. Any ideas?
    Please delete "SaveObjects_assets" folder in "documents" folder and reopen the extension.
    If you have any problems, open a ticket  so I can help you.

Thanks for the comment
    Well that's great. We soon start on a big project where we definitly could use this plugin. Do you have an idea when an updated version with this option will be availble? 

Thanks!
    Maurice
    Thanks for the comment
    Well that's great. We soon start on a big project where we definitly could use this plugin. Do you have an idea when an updated version with this option will be availble? 

Thanks!
    Maurice
    Hi,

I have prepared an update for you (SaveObjects v1.6.1).
    Link below:

You can control "Collect files" function in the setting panel by "Collect Files/Fonts" checkbox.
    Please try it and let me know the result so I can release it.

Cheers,
    Masoud
    Thanks for the comment

Thanks!
    Maurice
    Hi,

Link below:

You can control "Collect files" function in the setting panel by "Collect Files/Fonts" checkbox.

Cheers,
    Masoud
    That's great Masoud, Thanks! We've tested this version and it seems to work so far. We did run into another issue though when exporting layers. When we import and open an exported comp it's seems fine but when importing the layers directly into an existing comp some of the layer inpoints are shifted in time.  
    Thanks for the comment

Thanks!
    Maurice
    Hi,

Link below:

Cheers,
    Masoud
    That's great Masoud, Thanks! We've tested this version and it seems to work so far. We did run into another issue though when exporting layers. When we import and open an exported comp it's seems fine but when importing the layers directly into an existing comp some of the layer inpoints are shifted in time.  
    Please open a support ticket and send us screenshots so we can find the issue.
    This issue will definitely be solved too.