• Odd same error window always popping up when I open Photoshop or AE 2022. This error message below keeps appearing and I have to close a million of them before it stops (when launching either program or sending something to the render queue in Encoder). Really annoying, please fix or advise!! 

"PRO IO ENCOUNTERED AN ERROR:

undefined is not an object

Error Line: 1672
    Error File:
    /c/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Common%20Files/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.aescripts.proio/jsx/pro_io.jsxbin

Would you like to report this Error?"
    Hi Alexander,

I'll need to get some more info on your system and setup to figure out what's going on, if you can open a support ticket I can help you out from there.

Thanks!
  • Hello.
    I am wondering if it is possible to make a wildcard folder structure either in the "Destination" or "Name Format" fields in the Export Preset panel.

I am trying to have ProIO auto generate a dated folder for my renders.  This is what I have plugged into the "Name Format" right now, and it is not working:

/20#YY_#MM_#DD/#COMP/#COMP_v#VV

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Eric Miro said:
    Hello.
    I am wondering if it is possible to make a wildcard folder structure either in the "Destination" or "Name Format" fields in the Export Preset panel.

I am trying to have ProIO auto generate a dated folder for my renders.  This is what I have plugged into the "Name Format" right now, and it is not working:

/20#YY_#MM_#DD/#COMP/#COMP_v#VV

Thanks in advance for your help.
    Hi Eric,

Wildcards in folder names isn't currently possible but it is on the roadmap as a few others have requested it. I'll keep you updated on that feature.

Thanks!
  • Hello.
    I have a psd file ,there are 3 layers , import to ae as comp ,
    and go to ps add new layer save to psd file , back to ae and click ProIO sync button,
    but still the same with first import .
    is it possible to sync psd layers even add new layers to comp?
  • Hi, I create a new watch bin, I put on image sequence, I click on sync watchman, it imports all the image sequence files from that folder and subfolders, but for my exrs I get 4 copies of each sequence brought into after effects, and for the jpg sequences I get 2 copies of each sequence, please advise how to make this not happen? 
  • Hello.
    I have a psd file ,there are 3 layers , import to ae as comp ,
    and go to ps add new layer save to psd file , back to ae and click ProIO sync button,
    but still the same with first import .
    is it possible to sync psd layers even add new layers to comp?
    Hi Latop,

Thanks for reaching out, Pro IO doesn't support PSD imports as sequences, but you can have your layers in separate PSDs and import them that way. If you have a specific workflow that requires a single PSD, please open a support ticket and let me know what that process looks like so I can look at additional options. Thanks!
  • Hi, I create a new watch bin, I put on image sequence, I click on sync watchman, it imports all the image sequence files from that folder and subfolders, but for my exrs I get 4 copies of each sequence brought into after effects, and for the jpg sequences I get 2 copies of each sequence, please advise how to make this not happen? 
    Hi Werner,

Happy to help you get this resolved. Can you please open a support ticket and outline your system details and what drive your EXR sequences are located on. Thanks!
  • Hi,

Is it possible to import layered psds as comps retaining layer sizes? Can you set that as a default preset?
  • Hi,

Is it possible to import layered psds as comps retaining layer sizes? Can you set that as a default preset?
    Hi Sean,

Thanks for reaching out, Pro IO doesn't support PSD imports as comps, but you can have your layers in separate PSDs and import them that way. If you have a workflow that requires a single PSD, please open a support ticket and let me know what your workflow looks like so I can look at additional options. Thanks!
  • Hi

Recently I have experienced the same file being imported. So 1 version on the drive but 2 version are imported.

Also, is it possible to point a watch folder to a different bin.
    ie: working on a animation film. we have bins that like animation / render / comp . The files are named the same (act01_sc01_sh001)
    would be nice to switch bins so can load render files after animation approved then comp once animation approved etc. Hope this makes sense

Premiere 22.2.0 build 128
    WIN 10 64bit
  • Hi

Recently I have experienced the same file being imported. So 1 version on the drive but 2 version are imported.

Also, is it possible to point a watch folder to a different bin.
    ie: working on a animation film. we have bins that like animation / render / comp . The files are named the same (act01_sc01_sh001)
    would be nice to switch bins so can load render files after animation approved then comp once animation approved etc. Hope this makes sense

Premiere 22.2.0 build 128
    WIN 10 64bit
    Thanks for opening a support ticket, I can help you from there.
  • Odd same error window always popping up when I open Photoshop or AE 2022. This error message below keeps appearing and I have to close a million of them before it stops (when launching either program or sending something to the render queue in Encoder). Really annoying, please fix or advise!! 

Error File:
    /c/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Common%20Files/Adobe/CEP/extensions/com.aescripts.proio/jsx/pro_io.jsxbin

Hi Alexander,

I'll need to get some more info on your system and setup to figure out what's going on, if you can open a support ticket I can help you out from there.

Thanks!
    Was there a fix for this error? I am also seeing this.

Error File:

Hi Alexander,

Thanks!
    Was there a fix for this error? I am also seeing this.
    Hi Bill,

It's likely a permissions issue. Please open a support ticket and provide your system details and we'll walk you through the troubleshooting steps. Thanks! 

• Hi! 

I am really loving this. It's a huge improvement to my workflow. I have one bug/suggestion though.

The "image sequence" importing works great, but when importing a sequence generated on a 3D render farm (in my case, a sequence that is rendered on 7 different computers), it imports that sequence 7 times into the Project panel. Is this because of a date/time stamp in the file? Would it be possible to include a toggle/setting-switch to ignore the qualification which triggers multiple imports of the same media sequence?

Thanks again. I am really happy with the workflow improvement this provides, but my projects are getting huge very fast with all the multiple imports for image sequences.
  • Is there any chance at all that you will update this to work with premiere productions? I currently cannot get it to work at all, before the 14.8 update of PP i was able to fiddle with it to at least get it to work for importing folders and syncing but could not access any settings, none. Now it doesnt seem to work at all inside of productions.

In normal PP projects it works fine but that's no longer a feasible workflow for me.

thanks
    Hi Jason,

Happy to help you get this resolved, if you want to open a support ticket and provide me with some more details we can take it from there. Thanks!

I would be interested in learning how to use Pro IO in Productions -- same as Jason -- PP projects it works fine but that's no longer a feasible workflow for me
  • Hi! 

I am really loving this. It's a huge improvement to my workflow. I have one bug/suggestion though.

The "image sequence" importing works great, but when importing a sequence generated on a 3D render farm (in my case, a sequence that is rendered on 7 different computers), it imports that sequence 7 times into the Project panel. Is this because of a date/time stamp in the file? Would it be possible to include a toggle/setting-switch to ignore the qualification which triggers multiple imports of the same media sequence?

Thanks again. I am really happy with the workflow improvement this provides, but my projects are getting huge very fast with all the multiple imports for image sequences.
    Hi Christopher,

Thanks for reaching out on this and opening a support ticket. We're investigating the duplicate import issue showing up in After Effects for partial sequences. Will keep you posted.
  • Is there any chance at all that you will update this to work with premiere productions? I currently cannot get it to work at all, before the 14.8 update of PP i was able to fiddle with it to at least get it to work for importing folders and syncing but could not access any settings, none. Now it doesnt seem to work at all inside of productions.

In normal PP projects it works fine but that's no longer a feasible workflow for me.

thanks
    Hi Jason,

Happy to help you get this resolved, if you want to open a support ticket and provide me with some more details we can take it from there. Thanks!

I would be interested in learning how to use Pro IO in Productions -- same as Jason -- PP projects it works fine but that's no longer a feasible workflow for me
    Thanks for the feedback Nikolaus. This is one of our top requests that we're looking into adding compatibility for. Will keep you posted.
  • It doesnt work in team projects. I tried the trial version in after effects, when I try to open setting it says to save the project.
  • It doesnt work in team projects. I tried the trial version in after effects, when I try to open setting it says to save the project.
    Thanks for reaching out! Pro IO is not currently compatible with Team Projects. We're looking into adding compatibility in the future. We'll keep you posted.
  • Are you planning to support After Effects 2023?
  • Are you planning to support After Effects 2023?
    Yes support for After Effects and Premiere Pro 2023 has just been added today in version 2.17.5.
  • does this allow to replace image sequences in the project? i downloaded the trial but can't find a way to do it. This seems to be a live link to a folder but if i have updated versions of a render I can't seem to find a way to replace that with the newer version of the sequence in AE
  • does this allow to replace image sequences in the project? i downloaded the trial but can't find a way to do it. This seems to be a live link to a folder but if i have updated versions of a render I can't seem to find a way to replace that with the newer version of the sequence in AE
    You'll want to add the parent folder as a Watch Bin so it syncs all new versions going forward. Pro IO doesn't swap any source files unless an image sequence is being updated (new frames added to an existing sequence). If it's an entirely new version (from v1 to v2) then you'll sync the Watch Bins, and then replace any image sequence layers in AE with the new sequence.
  • Good plugin! But is it possible to get more than 3 buttons available on the ui panel for export presets? I often need more than 3 different types of presets, so I have no choice but to open the parameters of Pro IO + switch the order of presets so I can access the ones that go beyond the 3 first presets on the UI panel… Not very convenient. 
  • Good plugin! But is it possible to get more than 3 buttons available on the ui panel for export presets? I often need more than 3 different types of presets, so I have no choice but to open the parameters of Pro IO + switch the order of presets so I can access the ones that go beyond the 3 first presets on the UI panel… Not very convenient. 
    Hi Pierre,

Thanks for the feature request, we'll make a note of that. Actually there is an easier way than opening settings to access Export Presets past the first 3. Just right click one of the preset buttons and you'll see a menu popup with all the presets and you can re-order them and then run the one you want.
  • Hi there! Is there a way to add additional zeros to the version number? Currently I see It defaults to two and our teams version structure uses 3 digits: V001
  • Hi there! Is there a way to add additional zeros to the version number? Currently I see It defaults to two and our teams version structure uses 3 digits: V001
    Hey Lukasz!

Currently #VV and #VVS are limited to 2 digits but we'll make a note of your request for variable length version numbers. 

In the meantime however, as long as your version is under 100, a naming convention like #COMP_V0#VV should suffice for most cases.
  • Hi I work with a lot of render sequences with multiple passes. Is Pro IO able to precomp these render sequences together upon import?
  • How do I make the name format only hours and minutes without seconds? In Time Unit there is #MM which represents minutes. but in Date Unit there is also #MM representing the month. Then when I use #MM, it only uses #MM for the month. How can I get the format of only hours and minutes? because when I use the wildcard #SEQ_FileName #HH #MM, it displays the hour and month instead. not hours and minutes.