• Are the 3D versions using ray-traced in AE? Can't wait to try it out!
  • Are the 3D versions using ray-traced in AE? Can't wait to try it out!
    Hello Nick,

Yes, the 3D samples were created in After Effects CC using the ray-traced engine. After creating the LoadUP! shape you must enable the 3D switch and extrude it.

I suggest downloading the trial version and giving it a try!

Theodoros
  • Is it possible to define BOLD and Italic when typing the name of the Font in to use?
  • Is it possible to define BOLD and Italic when typing the name of the Font in to use?
    Hello Matthew,

You can try typing the style/weight of the font right after the name by adding a dash (-).
    For example, by typing "Tahoma-Bold" you will get the bold font style. "Verdana-BoldItalic" will get you the bold italic style.
    Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to work with all the fonts.

You can however, change the font, style etc. of the text layer the LoadUP! creates, by just selecting it in the timeline and making the appropriate changes in the After Effects Character Panel.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
  • LoadUP v1.02 is out!

- fixed a math rounding issue appearing on very small numbers (thank you Peter)
  • Is there any way to adjust the opacity of the background and outline and stripes individually?
  • Hey Thao,

No, unfortunately the opacity cannot be adjusted directly from the effects control panel.
    You can however open the properties of the LoadUP shape layer in the timeline (twirl down)
    and in the "Contents" group you will find all the individual parts, where (in the "Transform" properties) you can adjust the opacity individually.

Is this something you would like me to add in the next update ?

Cheers.
  • How do we tie the duration ( HH:MM ) style bars into the composition length? There is an expression on them at creation, but it seems to not function.
  • How do we tie the duration ( HH:MM ) style bars into the composition length? There is an expression on them at creation, but it seems to not function.

Hey Ken,

LoadUP's bars are controlled from the "Completion %" effect control. If you want it to "load" for the entire length of your composition you must set a keyframe at the very first frame (set -> Completion %: 0) and at the very last frame (set -> Completion %: 100) of your composition.

Attached you will find a small .zip file containing an explanatory video.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
    zip
    zip
    LoadUP_entire_comp_length.zip
    4M
  • Hello,

Is it possible to reverse the animation?  Instead of loading up, can it load down as in a countdown?
  • Hello Quint,

Yes, there are actually two ways to do a countdown. Let's create an example of a countdown from 10 to 0.

Method A
    In the "numbers" tab of LoadUP's interface you set the "Type:" dropdown menu to "simple number" and also set the "Start:" field to 10 and the "End:" field to 0. Now, when you animate the "Completion" effect control from 0 to 360 (for a circular bar) you get the result of the first image.

Method B
    In the "numbers" tab of LoadUP's interface you set the "Type:" dropdown menu to "simple number" but this time you set the "Start:" field to 0 and the "End:" field to 10. In order to make a reverse animation you must set the first keyframe of the "Completion" effect control to 360 and the second to 0. You will get the same result as the second image below.

Hope this helps.
    Cheers!

• Hi, I get expression errors using Load up. It seems not to be universalized. I'm working with german version of AE. "Trim Path 1" is called "Pfade trimmen 1" in my version.
    Ragards, Werner
  • Hi, I get expression errors using Load up. It seems not to be universalized. I'm working with german version of AE. "Trim Path 1" is called "Pfade trimmen 1" in my version.
    Ragards, Werner

Hello Werner,

Terribly sorry about that. Would you be so kind as to open a support ticket so we can resolve the issue immediately?

Thank you.
  • Problem solved in the latest version. Fast response and solution. Great!
  • I really like how this looks. Could I recreate counter bars like the ones on these videos??

If so, please let me know
  • Hello Franz,

Yes! You can definitely create the bars on the mentioned videos (both circular and linear ones).

The script has a ton of customization options and you can literally create any type of loading bar.

I strongly suggest downloading the script and giving it a test (it's absolutely free for seven days).

If you run into any issues, we are here to help.

Cheers!
  • Hi Theodoros

I like some of the presets but have no idea how to add a "%" or anything to the text of a preset. I ended up just making a new text filed with "%" and parenting it to the loadup text but when it goes from 3 numbers to 2 I had to key frame it.
  • Hi Theodoros

I like some of the presets but have no idea how to add a "%" or anything to the text of a preset. I ended up just making a new text filed with "%" and parenting it to the loadup text but when it goes from 3 numbers to 2 I had to key frame it.

Hello Chad,

Yes, the one-click presets, don't give you the ability to edit any text/number properties such as prefixes or suffixes.

But,

Here's a little hack that you can do, for just adding a % symbol:
    1. Create any bar from your favorite preset
    2. Go to your timeline and twirl-open the properties of the text layer (Text -> Source Text) that LoadUP! just created.
    3. At the Source Text, you will see a long complicated expression with 4-5 lines of code.
    4. Click inside the expression code to edit it and make sure you just add this ->  +" %" at the very end of the expression. So, for example the last part of the code should look like this: ....loadup_filling*(100-(0))/100) + " %";
    5. If you've done everything correctly then you should see the % at the end of the text layer. If not you will see an error or a NaN. Don't worry, check the above instructions again and retry.

Another way that doesn't involve any code hacking is to:
    1. Create a bar from your favorite preset
    2. Copy ALL the effect controls that you see in the Effect Controls panel.
    3. Delete everything in the timeline
    4. Go to the number tab of LoadUP! panel and enable the Suffix property and put the % sign in the box (you can also add a space before the % to separate it from the numbers) and just click the "Create Bar" button without changing anything else.
    5. Then go to the Effect Controls panel again, select everything and hit paste. That should replace all the settings from the previous bar and you should get a bar with %.

I know both ways are not ideal but that's the only easy hacks I can think of.

LoadUP! proved a very popular script and I'm thinking of revisiting the code for some needed improvements and modernizing.

Please, feel free to post any suggestions or anything that bugs you with LoadUP!

Cheers!