• I can't assign it a shortcut. Your information is now outdated due to the update. When I go to assign a shortcut the whole thing is grayed out. Any help? I'd like a refund if this can't be resolved quickly. I bought this as an alternative to FX Console that works on M1 Macs and this is not working for me at all.
  • I'm using a symbolic link for the Support Files/Scripts folder and Quick Menu gives me the error:
    "The 00 Quick Menu.jsxbin" file must be placed into the Scripts folder. Please move it to the correct folder"

Using this method to create symbolic link to my Google Drive

Any idea how to get Quick Menu to work again?
    Thanks
  • Hi! Is there any way to use QuickMenu to also search through comps and jump to a specific one?
  • Hi there, it seems that Quick Menu no longer works with the latest update to AE 2023. Can we expect an update to be released soon?
  • Ben Smith said:
    Hi there, it seems that Quick Menu no longer works with the latest update to AE 2023. Can we expect an update to be released soon?
    Hi Ben,
    Sorry for the issue with QM Can you please open a support ticket?

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • Ben Smith said:
    Hi there, it seems that Quick Menu no longer works with the latest update to AE 2023. Can we expect an update to be released soon?
    Hi Ben,
    Sorry for the issue with QM Can you please open a support ticket?

Thanks,
    Edgar
    Ticket submitted. Thank you
  • Hi. Quick Menu 2 is not working anymore with After Effects 2023! Thanks for your help! Matthias
  • Hi. Quick Menu 2 is not working anymore with After Effects 2023! Thanks for your help! Matthias
    Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately, CC 2022 was the last version supported by QM2.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Hi Matthias,

Unfortunately, CC 2022 was the last version supported by QM2.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Ah ok. thanks for your answer. so but if i want a version that works, i need to upgrade to version 3 right? That will work with AE 2023?
  • Ah ok. thanks for your answer. so but if i want a version that works, i need to upgrade to version 3 right? That will work with AE 2023?
    As far as I know, it works fine on CC 2023. If you want you can download and try the free trial. If you find any issues please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Quick Menu 2 seemed to stop working in 2023. I installed the trial and it keeps telling me to put it in the scripts folder. It is. I'm symlinking it in, but it should be transparent to the script itself. I guess I'll have to use my presets the old-fashioned way since FX Console needs a layer target. Quick Menu used to be my go to for that.
  • Joe Clay said:
    Quick Menu 2 seemed to stop working in 2023. I installed the trial and it keeps telling me to put it in the scripts folder. It is. I'm symlinking it in, but it should be transparent to the script itself. I guess I'll have to use my presets the old-fashioned way since FX Console needs a layer target. Quick Menu used to be my go to for that.
    Hi Joe,
    Can you please open a support ticket?

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • The "shortcut" never "stays" 

I have to set the shortcut everytime I open AE, and stops working after a bit - meaning that when I press the keys it opens the last other script I open or searched with quick menu instead of quick menu itself if that makes sense
  • The "shortcut" never "stays" 

I have to set the shortcut everytime I open AE, and stops working after a bit - meaning that when I press the keys it opens the last other script I open or searched with quick menu instead of quick menu itself if that makes sense
    Hi Gonzalo,
    That's weird! Can you please open a support ticket?.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • im interested in purchasing this Plugin, but is it CC 2023 compatible yet?
    cheers
  • im interested in purchasing this Plugin, but is it CC 2023 compatible yet?
    cheers
    Hi Alexander,

Yes, it is. If you want you can download the free trial and if you encounter any issue or question please open a support tickect.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Joe Clay said:
    Quick Menu 2 seemed to stop working in 2023. I installed the trial and it keeps telling me to put it in the scripts folder. It is. I'm symlinking it in, but it should be transparent to the script itself. I guess I'll have to use my presets the old-fashioned way since FX Console needs a layer target. Quick Menu used to be my go to for that.
    Hi Joe,

Thanks,
    Edgar
    Will do.
  • Do you have an ETA when this will work with 2023 AE? I miss this plugin very much. 
  • Do you have an ETA when this will work with 2023 AE? I miss this plugin very much. 
    Quick Menu 3 works fine on AE 2023. If it's not working for you please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I have installed QM3, no issues there, however the SHORTCUT section under GENERAL is greyed and is not allowing me to do anything. Please help
  • I have installed QM3, no issues there, however the SHORTCUT section under GENERAL is greyed and is not allowing me to do anything. Please help
    Hi Luis,

If your AE version is above CC 2018, that's normal. To assign a shortcut to QM you should use the AE's bulit-in Keyboard Shortcuts Panel instead. You can find it under Edit/Keyboard Shortcuts... 
    If you need more help with that please open a support ticket.

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • I've assigned a keyboard shortcut to launch quick menu but every time I press it, it asks me to re-enter my license key.  Is there any way around this?

Thanks
  • Is there a way to save/load/backup your QM3 setup? 
    Hi Miika,
    Sorry for not replying earlier! Unfortunately, there's no such thing in the current version but I'll consider it for a feature update.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Hi Miika,
    Sorry for not replying earlier! Unfortunately, there's no such thing in the current version but I'll consider it for a feature update.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Late is better than never! It would be cool if you could save/load/backup the setup. This way user could transfer their setup to a new computer for an example. I like QM3 a lot as it is "out of the box", but bit worried of spending a lot of time to create anything too custom as time spend on that may be wasted if for some reason the prefs would get nuked or I would get a new comp. Although this is just me! Had some tools that lost their "settings" and been bit worried ever since with every tool. 

For anyone wondering, QM3 makes working with AE a lot faster. 
  • Using QM for about a year on different devices, all was ok. Just migrated on new Mac and OSX 12 and can't install QM3. AE22. Getting an error: TypeError: null is not an object -> and empty grey screen of the script. 
  • Used for a few years on different devices, all was ok. Just migrated on new Mac and OSX 12 and can't install QM3. AE22. Getting an error: TypeError: null is not an object -> and empty grey screen of the script. 
    Hi Dmytro,
    Sorry for the issue you're having with QM. Can you please open a support ticket?.

Thanks,
    Edgar

• Edgar, thank you for quick reply. I've just find the problem - it was my inattention. I had to start script from File->Scripts->(00)Quick Menu.jsxbin not in any other way.
    BUT anyway, I don't know why, but I'm keep asking for license code each time I'm starting QM3. Even I've licensed it it on my laptop.

I'll open a ticket for this. Thanks in advance!
  • hej edgar,
    is there a chance that the quick menu script can reside in any other folder than the script folder?
    best regards
    //alex
  • hej edgar,
    is there a chance that the quick menu script can reside in any other folder than the script folder?
    best regards
    //alex
    Hi Alexander,
    Unfortunately, it can't. it must be in the AE's Scripts folder :(

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • hej edgar,
    thanks for the reply. i'm asking because i use symlinks for the scriptfolder so that i have my scripts in sync on my laptop and my workstation. with quickmenu version 2 this worked fine, but now i'm getting an error, saying quick menu has to reside in the AE Scriptfolder. Any idea on how to fix this?
    best regards
    //alex
  • hej edgar,
    thanks for the reply. i'm asking because i use symlinks for the scriptfolder so that i have my scripts in sync on my laptop and my workstation. with quickmenu version 2 this worked fine, but now i'm getting an error, saying quick menu has to reside in the AE Scriptfolder. Any idea on how to fix this?
    best regards
    //alex
    Hi Alexander,

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • hi there i'm trialing this product but it wont let me set a shortcut to bring up the menu. Am I missing something? Thanks
  • hi there i'm trialing this product but it wont let me set a shortcut to bring up the menu. Am I missing something? Thanks

please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Trialing this. Instant crash when I switch to Toolbar mode on Studio M1 Max
    Works fine in Toollist mode.

Has this been reported? I would love to buy, but not in this state.

Thanks.

Model Name: Mac Studio

Model Identifier: Mac13,1

Model Number: Z14J000HBB/A

Chip: Apple M1 Max

Total Number of Cores: 10 (8 performance and 2 efficiency)

Memory: 32 GB

System Firmware Version: 8422.121.1

OS Loader Version: 8422.121.1

• Trialing this. Instant crash when I switch to Toolbar mode on Studio M1 Max
    Works fine in Toollist mode.

Has this been reported? I would love to buy, but not in this state.

Thanks.

Hi Steve,
    Yes, it was. It's a mac only bug that  a couple of users have reported it. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing it.

Thanks,
    Edgar

• Hi Steve,
    Yes, it was. It's a mac only bug that  a couple of users have reported it. I'm still trying to figure out what's causing it.

Thanks,
    Edgar
    Hard Crashing AE on both my M1 MacBook and Studio Max. Let me know if you want me to test . Best wishes.
  • Crossing my fingers. Would love to buy this!
  • Hi. in the intro video you have an expression set that creates the wiggle effect and also adds the values to a slider control. How did you set that up?
    Is there like an import file of expressions and stuff?
    I have the same machine and I have the paid version of this....works 100% for me man. absolutely no issues and its crazy how much I use this tool now that I have it!
  • Hi. in the intro video you have an expression set that creates the wiggle effect and also adds the values to a slider control. How did you set that up?
    Is there like an import file of expressions and stuff?
    Hi Marc,
    Sorry for not replying earlier. Yuo can find more info on how to set it up here. On the left menu go to Expression Templates then click the orange rectangle over the "NEW EXPRESSION TEMPLATE" button label. If you need more help please let me know.

Cheers,
    Edgar
    Hi Steve,
    Sorry for the issue you're having with QM. Can you please open a support ticket? 

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • Have you got anywhere with this?
  • Hi, maybe dumb question but how do i go to the settings after enabling the headless feature? 
  • Hi, maybe dumb question but how do i go to the settings after enabling the headless feature? 
    Hi Roald,
    In headless mode the Open Preferences icon should be in the toolbar at the bottom, now if the toolbar at the bottom is also hidden, just type "oprefs" and run the command named "Open Preferences...".

Cheers,
    Edgar
  • こんにちは。
    日本語など、UIやエフェクト名などマルチバイト文字の環境に対応していますか?
    英語環境で「Fill」というエフェクトが日本語環境では「塗り」なのですが、Quick MENU 3で入力して
    も何も起きません。
    また、一度マルチバイト文字を入力した後で削除し、英語で「fill」や「opacity」などを入力しても何も候補が出てきません
  • こんにちは。
    日本語など、UIやエフェクト名などマルチバイト文字の環境に対応していますか?
    英語環境で「Fill」というエフェクトが日本語環境では「塗り」なのですが、Quick MENU 3で入力して
    も何も起きません。
    また、一度マルチバイト文字を入力した後で削除し、英語で「fill」や「opacity」などを入力しても何も候補が出てきません
    Hi Kento,

can you please open a support ticket? We'll follow up there.

Thanks,
    Edgar
  • Hi! I must be missing something obvious. 
    It only seems to appear after going to File>Scripts>00_.quick menu jsxbin
    but it can't be that that's how you use it.. I have to manually run the script. I tried using it as a tool bar which crashes after effects immediately. 
    Is there a shortcut to open it? I read everything but it just seems to assume its always open or something. 
  • Hi! I must be missing something obvious. 
    It only seems to appear after going to File>Scripts>00_.quick menu jsxbin
    but it can't be that that's how you use it.. I have to manually run the script. I tried using it as a tool bar which crashes after effects immediately. 
    Is there a shortcut to open it? I read everything but it just seems to assume its always open or something. 

You invoke it via a keyboard shortcut. After Effects should show you which shortcut is already setup to the right of the script name in the menu. Please see the documentation for full details.
  • MAC users beware: Quick Menu 3 insta-crashes AE when it's set to Toolbar Mode. I purchased it knowing it was an issue, thinking it would be fixed, but from what I've learnt from the developer, there is little prospect of getting fixed. Sad because it's a great tool, otherwise.