• It would be a really handy feature if you could execute some of the commands but for layers, if you press sift for example :) Otherwise, this is a really good time savior.
  • Timo Bontenbal said:
    It would be a really handy feature if you could execute some of the commands but for layers, if you press sift for example :) Otherwise, this is a really good time savior.
    This is a good idea, I'll keep it in mind!
    But I wouldn't use SHIFT because this key is already used to group keyframes on several layers. Maybe CTRL/CMD instead.
  • Insta-purchase. Thanks for making this!
  • Please make this for Premiere Pro, too! :) 
  • Insta-purchase. Thanks for making this!
    Thanks a lot Marc! Have fun with it! :)
  • This looks easy & straight forward. I currently have Rift but will try this..

• Any chance we could see a version that supports CS6?
  • Tim K K said:
    Any chance we could see a version that supports CS6?
    Unfortunately this will not happen because Keystone is an extension and not a script. Extensions are only supported in After Effects CC 2014 and later.
  • As of now the extension doesn't change to the appearance of your after effects UI. 
    I have it setup lighter and the extension stays dark.Just fyi :)
  • As of now the extension doesn't change to the appearance of your after effects UI. 
    I have it setup lighter and the extension stays dark.Just fyi :)
    That's an interesting point, thanks for the heads up. I'll try to see if it's possible to fix this in a future update.
  • Looks like a great tool. Apple's Motion program has a way  to build subsequent offsets based on previous keyframes and even create exponential offsets.  It would be great to see this in your product.
  • I just installed Keystone and can't find it anywhere in AfterEffects UI. (latest version)
    Where is it?
  • I just installed Keystone and can't find it anywhere in AfterEffects UI. (latest version)
    Where is it?
    Hi Andre,
    Keystone can be opened by going to the "Window" menu, then "Extensions".
  • Has anyone been able to get Constant speed to work? If I understand correctly it's supposed to "fix" the curve between 2 keys to get rid of the over corrections AE always seems to add but I've never been able to get it to work.
  • Has anyone been able to get Constant speed to work? If I understand correctly it's supposed to "fix" the curve between 2 keys to get rid of the over corrections AE always seems to add but I've never been able to get it to work.
    Hi Sean,
    The constant speed option allows to flatten the curve between 2 keyframes on the value graph.
    There is an example on the tutorial at 5'10": https://vimeo.com/599403426

If you still can't get this feature to work you can open a ticket so we can look at it in more detail.
    Cheers,
    Romain

Hi Sean,
    The constant speed option allows to flatten the curve between 2 keyframes on the value graph.
    There is an example on the tutorial at 5'10": https://vimeo.com/599403426

If you still can't get this feature to work you can open a ticket so we can look at it in more detail.
    Cheers,
    Romain

I just realized that this feature only works if the dimensions are separated.
  • I just realized that this feature only works if the dimensions are separated.
    I just took a closer look and the result is indeed perfectible on the position properties.
    An update will be available in the future.

Thanks for reporting this problem!
  • I just realized that this feature only works if the dimensions are separated.
    I just took a closer look and the result is indeed perfectible on the position properties.
    An update will be available in the future.

Thanks for reporting this problem!
    Awesome!
  • This plugin has become an essential tool in my daily workflow.
    The constant speed button is worth the money alone.

One thing I'd love to see in a future version of this would be the ability to make the velocity and influence handles of a selected keyframe, continuous - without having to bring up the keyframe velocity dialogue box. Sometimes, I'd just like to be able to quickly set the incoming velocity/influence of a keyframe to match the outgoing and vice-versa, but there's no quick way to do this currently.

Thanks for a great plugin!
  • This plugin has become an essential tool in my daily workflow.
    The constant speed button is worth the money alone.

One thing I'd love to see in a future version of this would be the ability to make the velocity and influence handles of a selected keyframe, continuous - without having to bring up the keyframe velocity dialogue box. Sometimes, I'd just like to be able to quickly set the incoming velocity/influence of a keyframe to match the outgoing and vice-versa, but there's no quick way to do this currently.

Thanks for a great plugin!
    It's a good idea. I'll see if it's possible to integrate it in a future update.
    Thanks for the comment!

• How do you group keyframes?
  • How do you group keyframes?
    You need to use some hotkeys:

- by default with a simple click, keyframes are grouped by layers
    - press ALT and click at the same time for grouping keyframes by properties
    - press SHIFT and click for grouping keyframes all together

All the details about keyframe groups on this page:
    https://romaincousin.gitbook.io/keystone/hotkeys-keyframe-groups
  • Just bought this and its so close to doing what I want. Can we PLEASE get an align to SECOND key on CTI? Or ability to input which key on CTI to align to?
    I use Keyfast plugin too and all day long its hitting the FADE IN button and then having to manually slide keys over to align with CTI, ive been wishing forever for a plugin to do this for me.

being able to delete all keyframes selected from different layers would be pretty cool too!

thanks!!!
  • Just bought this and its so close to doing what I want. Can we PLEASE get an align to SECOND key on CTI? Or ability to input which key on CTI to align to?
    Hi Zak,

Did you try the "align the last keyframe on the CTI"? (Second icon on the align section)
    https://romaincousin.gitbook.io/keystone/features/align#align-last-keyframe-on-the-cti

If you have a pair of keyframes it will align the second keyframe on the CTI.

being able to delete all keyframes selected from different layers would be pretty cool too!
    I'm not sure I understand, can you tell me more please?
    Don't hesitate to open a support ticket if you want to send me some screenshots.
  • Great plugin and best customer service.

I had a problem and the developer has been working overnight to solve it. I don't even know how to thank this guy.
    I highly recommend everyone to try it not just because the functionality of the plugin itself but because the people working behind it.

THANK YOU Romain, you are a great!
  • Great plugin and best customer service.

I had a problem and the developer has been working overnight to solve it. I don't even know how to thank this guy.
    I highly recommend everyone to try it not just because the functionality of the plugin itself but because the people working behind it.

THANK YOU Romain, you are a great!
    Thank you so much for your comment and for your patience while we worked out the bug, I'm really glad we found the problem!

Enjoy Keystone,
    Romain
  • Marvelous! It went straight to my top-five AE-tools ever. 

Just one question. Would there be an updated tutto with the updated copy/paste section on v1.0.5 ?
    Many thanks! 
  • axl korsa said:
    Marvelous! It went straight to my top-five AE-tools ever. 

Just one question. Would there be an updated tutto with the updated copy/paste section on v1.0.5 ?
    Many thanks! 
    Thank you I deeply appreciate!

I'm actually working on a tutorial specific to the copy / paste features. I will also update the online documentation as soon as possible: https://romaincousin.gitbook.io/keystone/features/copy-paste

In the meantime, if you have specific questions you can open a support ticket and I will gladly answer them.

Romain
  • The update isn't working through the aescripts install manager for me. And deleted the old one. I will try and do a direct install not through the manager and see if this works when I get a chance. Thought I'd let you know this issue.
    Using AE2021. Cheers.
  • The update isn't working through the aescripts install manager for me. And deleted the old one. I will try and do a direct install not through the manager and see if this works when I get a chance. Thought I'd let you know this issue.
    Using AE2021. Cheers.
    Do you have the latest version installed? (v1.0.5)

The previous version v1.0.4 had a bug that could prevent Keystone from working properly for some users. These two updates were released only one day apart.

If you still have a problem please open a support ticket so we can look into it in detail.

Cheers
  • Keyboard shortcuts, that’s what is missing for me ! I am using KEYboard right now but the interface is quite old and not as fully furnished
  • Question, this doesn't work with keyframes nested in shape layers?
  • Question, this doesn't work with keyframes nested in shape layers?
    I'm not sure what you want to do but if your selected keyframes are on a single layer you probably need to ALT+click to activate the "property mode".

More information about Keystone modes and hotkeys in the online documentation:
    https://romaincousin.gitbook.io/keystone/modes-hotkeys
    Also, each "feature" page illustrates the difference between the available modes.
  • Hello, I’m having trouble finding this folder “com.aescripts.keystone” so I can set up my Kbar.
    Is there a reason why after I install the plugin this folder doesn't show up? I'm on Macbook Pro M1 Max

• Hello, I’m having trouble finding this folder “com.aescripts.keystone” so I can set up my Kbar.
    Is there a reason why after I install the plugin this folder doesn't show up?

Hi,
    Can you please open a support ticket so we can take a closer look?
  • Hi Romain, I'm on AE 22.6.0 on a M1 Mac. The apply button within preferences isn't working. 

• Casey C.. said:
    Hi Romain, I'm on AE 22.6.0 on a M1 Mac. The apply button within preferences isn't working. 

Hi Casey,
    Can you please open a support ticket?
  • Mac os Ventura ae 2023. Trial version of the app. 
    The app in its entirety doesn't produce any result
  • Mac os Ventura ae 2023. Trial version of the app. 
    The app in its entirety doesn't produce any result
    Hi Andrei,
    Can you please open a support ticket?
  • If you're going to spend any money on scripts, this should be at the top of your list. It's fast, intuitive and performs flawlessly every time. I can't even begin to calculate how much time this has saved me, especially in a recent project where I needed to randomly stagger hundred of keyframes. So many useful keyframe tools in one great script. Highly recommended. Thanks for developing such a great product!  
  • If you're going to spend any money on scripts, this should be at the top of your list. It's fast, intuitive and performs flawlessly every time. I can't even begin to calculate how much time this has saved me, especially in a recent project where I needed to randomly stagger hundred of keyframes. So many useful keyframe tools in one great script. Highly recommended. Thanks for developing such a great product!  
    Thank you very much Jason, I deeply appreciate!
  • Hi team the plugin no longer works with the new version of AE? Version 23.0.0 ? 

• Hi team the plugin no longer works with the new version of AE? Version 23.0.0 ? 

Hi Mathew, Keystone works fine in AE 2023.

If you have installation problems the best way to (re)install Keystone is to use aescripts manager app.

If your problem is not solved please open a support ticket so we can take a closer look.
  • 4 out of 5 times I open After effects keystone plugin is "greyed out" and not responding/working. Like a random machine. Why is that! MacOs Monterey, Ae 2023, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB. Installed it with aescripts manager app. Several times deinstalled and installed again. Problem keeps staying.

• 4 out of 5 times I open After effects keystone plugin is "greyed out" and not responding/working. Like a random machine. Why is that! MacOs Monterey, Ae 2023, AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB. Installed it with aescripts manager app. Several times deinstalled and installed again. Problem keeps staying.
    Hi Gerhard,
    Can you please open a support ticket with screenshots/screencast so we can take a closer look?
  • Really great! Thank you!
  • hello! I have tried repeatedly to align keyframes from multiple layers and the interpolation is not preserved (I have used the hot keys) the keyframes are applied to a mask path and position... please let me know if I'm doing something incorrectly thanks!!
  • Sean Elms said:
    hello! I have tried repeatedly to align keyframes from multiple layers and the interpolation is not preserved (I have used the hot keys) the keyframes are applied to a mask path and position... please let me know if I'm doing something incorrectly thanks!!
    Hi Sean,
    Please open a support ticket with screenshots so we can take a closer look.
  • Hi, I'd like to express my appreciation for the incredible tool you've developed. but I wanted to discuss the pricing structure, specifically in relation to its accessibility for individuals residing in developing countries. the $39 price may be reasonable for users in the US or Europe, it can be quite challenging for those in less economically privileged regions. you should offering special discounts for users in developing countries . because i really can't pay 39$ for each tool
  • would it be possible to get a feature that quickly applies velocity curve presets to a bunch of keyframes with this? like, say, 75 incoming 25 outgoing?