• **UPDATED**

Don't waste your time responding, I got it. I can dynamically link the text colors to Ray from the pre-comp "page" that MW creates.

Hi - I just purchased but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how I could link the text color to Ray Dynamic Color so I don't have to manually change the colors. Let me know your thoughts - thanks for another great product!
  • Is there any way to expose the position of a layer? For instance, I have a word coming on screen and I'm attaching the shape of a state to it. Right now I'm hand animating a matching move separately. It would be so handy to be able to parent content to the elements animating on screen from MW.
  • Hi, awesome script. the new "keyword" feature is very cool!
    sadly, it doesn't work with individual words, with edit monkey can do it, it would be awesome to have that combination of "animate by words" and the "font size justified".
    but thanks anyway it will be very useful.
  • Hi Mr. Zucker,
    Thanks a lot for this amazing work! I admire the pleasent way of presenting and the beautiful results that you and Dan offer to all of us!
    May I ask a small question please: Where do you get those great short pieces of music from that you use in your presentations?
    Thanks for  a brief answer
    cheers and take care
    Michel
  • I keep getting "MonkeyWords can't find the preset MWRDS_Drift_Controls.ffx" I see the file and it is in the proper place, any fix suggestion? 

• Hi Mr. Zucker,
    Thanks a lot for this amazing work! I admire the pleasent way of presenting and the beautiful results that you and Dan offer to all of us!
    May I ask a small question please: Where do you get those great short pieces of music from that you use in your presentations?
    Thanks for  a brief answer
    cheers and take care
    Michel
    Hi Michel- thanks for the kind words...and sorry I didnt get to you sooner- I'm just seeing these. The music for this one is from Premium Beats. its always a good place to start - affordable and great variety, plus they provide the stems.
    Hope that helps!
    -oz
  • I keep getting "MonkeyWords can't find the preset MWRDS_Drift_Controls.ffx" I see the file and it is in the proper place, any fix suggestion? 
    Hey Thiago- Can you open up a support ticket?

We've been hearing about this issue with a few other scripts, which probably means its not an issue specific to ours, but we'll see if we can help you out.
  • Hi, awesome script. the new "keyword" feature is very cool!
    sadly, it doesn't work with individual words, with edit monkey can do it, it would be awesome to have that combination of "animate by words" and the "font size justified".
    but thanks anyway it will be very useful.
    Hey Carl- 

Our original plan was to have MonkeyWords work on Lines, Words and Letters - like EditMonkey. But we had to punt on that idea because Text Animators (while they allow for it) for some reason, don't work as you'd expect on the later two. We'd have to develop a whole new way of working, so we just bagged it.

The workaround is to use the Fade/Cut settings to simulate it. Theres settings for both Letters and Words in there - it gets you close, tho not exact.

Theres also Text Tracking which can help too.

You can also switch manually to those in the Advanced settings...but you'll see what I mean if you do that.

But yeah- we're with you...we wanted to do that all along, and only got rid of that option toward the end.

Sorry!

• Is there any way to expose the position of a layer? For instance, I have a word coming on screen and I'm attaching the shape of a state to it. Right now I'm hand animating a matching move separately. It would be so handy to be able to parent content to the elements animating on screen from MW.
    Hey Beldon- I dont think so, since Text Animators are kind of a weird sub-world unto itself...not regular transforms...but I'll check with Dan to see if he has any ideas
    Hey Beldon- I dont think so, since Text Animators are kind of a weird sub-world unto itself...not regular transforms...but I'll check with Dan to see if he has any ideas
    Tho I haven't tried it - wonder if motion tracking it would work?
  • Hi, i already have "Type Monkey" and i was wondering if "Monkey Words" has something more than "type monkey" or not ? thx for letting me know. 
  • Hi, i already have "Type Monkey" and i was wondering if "Monkey Words" has something more than "type monkey" or not ? thx for letting me know. 
    Hey Fred- 
    They are pretty different...I see MonkeyWords as being more of a day-to-day tool for quickly animating text. It also has more control with a secondary animation system for keywords and different layout capabilities.
    I suggest downloading a free trial and checking it out...you'll see what I mean.
    -oz
  • Zucker, hi there!  own MonkeyWipes, how different is that one? Thank you.
  • Zucker, hi there!  own MonkeyWipes, how different is that one? Thank you.
    Hey Eias- They're very different. MonkeyWords is a text animator that can be used for day to day work, as well as for more complex projects.

I'd suggest downloading a free trial and checking it out.
  • Hey guys, still using this a lot but I have some frustrations. Am I correct in thinking that once you click "Do It!" that's it? How can I go back an edit timing or properties? Do I have to literally save each tiny iteration out as a file and then make tons of copies to slowly find the right timing for things? This is how I've been working with it. It's a cool plugin, but if you have a client edit and need to go back through a folder of tons of different iterations, to find out perhaps you forgot to save that one out, it really doesn't help speed along the process. If that's the case, I would probably only use this for stylistic ideas and then hand animate it.
  • On your second video at around 2:45 how did you resize/scale the paragraph without using transform? I'm fairly new to after effects and I just downloaded the trial version for this script. I'm mainly using this with long texts/paragraph. When I tried it, the paragraphs overlapped or won't fit in the screen? Thank you.
    Tho I haven't tried it - wonder if motion tracking it would work?
    Yes I've been experimenting with using Flow and Ease Copy to get close. Trying to find a property that stays with the text, like an anchor point or something that I can parent to. Thanks for your reply!
  • Earl Te said:
    On your second video at around 2:45 how did you resize/scale the paragraph without using transform? I'm fairly new to after effects and I just downloaded the trial version for this script. I'm mainly using this with long texts/paragraph. When I tried it, the paragraphs overlapped or won't fit in the screen? Thank you.
    Monkey Words creates "pages" which are pre-comps containing the text layer, controlled by expressions, and a null layer that helps with 3d transforms. This packaged pre-comp is placed in a folder in your project panel called "MonkeyWords Pages" and each pre-comp is named MWRDS Page_001, ...002, 003 etc. So what you saw was the artist simply scale down the pre-comp because the text use was too wide based on line length. You can fix this by manually entering soft breaks (no white space between lines) so that it's not trying to justify too much per line and you don't have to scale. It's better to do this from a type perspective, because whole numbers for type render crisper than scaled in AE.. not that it really matters in motion I suppose. 
  • Thank you for your answer, i'd try it and its work fine!! exept the fading problem! as you said....
  • is it supports RTL language like hebrew?
    Hi Alon- We haven't tried it, but my guess would be yes- with maybe a few issues like several Fade/Cut options might be backwards...I'd download a trial and see what happens. Please get back to us and let us know how it goes.
  • Hi, Which monkey do you think would be best for recreating this effects with text? Apologies, I uploaded to yt from my phone and it uploads it as vertical
  • Hi, Which monkey do you think would be best for recreating this effects with text? Apologies, I uploaded to yt from my phone and it uploads it as vertical
    My guess would be CircusMonkey off the top of my head. Download a free copy it and give it a try.
    My guess would be CircusMonkey off the top of my head. Download a free copy it and give it a try.

Thank you!
  • I like experimenting with MonkeyWords with as many parameters as possible set to random. It would be great to be able to save any results from the experiment so I can duplicate it later in another project. Please consider this. Thanks!
  • Hey! I really like this script! I'm a VJ and I need to create VO texts for shows at festivals etc... this is an absolute life saver!! 

I have one question though: Would it be possible to set a max fade in/out time? It's working great for the voice overs but when there is a musical break in between texts  the retime will cause the fade in/out times to be extremely long...

Cheers!

Tobias
  • Hey! I really like this script! I'm a VJ and I need to create VO texts for shows at festivals etc... this is an absolute life saver!! 

I have one question though: Would it be possible to set a max fade in/out time? It's working great for the voice overs but when there is a musical break in between texts  the retime will cause the fade in/out times to be extremely long...

Cheers!

Tobias
    hey tobias...Please open a support ticket - we'll figure it out. Theres always a way.
    -oz
  • Hi!

Wow. Today I started a project with MonkeyWords.  Does not work. I am using  AE2022... Before in AE2021 it worked fine...
    Any ideas? Update coming?
  • Will there be an update for M1 macs?
  • So I recently got Monkey Words, installed it on my system and it works until I press "Do it!" and then it just gives me a warning that the MWRDS_drift_controls can't be found and that they need to be in the same folder....which they are. So how can I fix this. Currently working with After Effects 2022 and After Effects Beta 2022. Please help!
  • So I recently got Monkey Words, installed it on my system and it works until I press "Do it!" and then it just gives me a warning that the MWRDS_drift_controls can't be found and that they need to be in the same folder....which they are. So how can I fix this. Currently working with After Effects 2022 and After Effects Beta 2022. Please help!
    Hey Derrick- I saw you opened up a Support Ticket (good call). Let me know if you resolved it.
  • Hi!

Wow. Today I started a project with MonkeyWords.  Does not work. I am using  AE2022... Before in AE2021 it worked fine...
    Any ideas? Update coming?
    Resolved?
  • Hey MonkeyTeam, I got this for a recent project with a lot of translations and it is saving a load of time so thank you.
    The one area I would like to see some love is the colour control - its using the super old colour controls with no picker and no HEX. It would be great if it could implement the modern colour picker!
  • I'm just trying the trial. How do I sync with a voiceover?
  • I'm just trying this for the first time, but I don't see the panel in the application menu to turn on. Is this because it's the 2023 version of AE? The folder was installed into the correct directory. 
  • I'm just trying this for the first time, but I don't see the panel in the application menu to turn on. Is this because it's the 2023 version of AE? The folder was installed into the correct directory. 

Hey David- should be the same install (script ui panels folder)…open a support ticket and we’ll take care of it….
  • Hi Orrin, monkeywords always worked fine. After upgrading to the latest version. It don’t breaks sentences. And Some of the ^ are ignored. Not All of them. Also upgraded to latest Mac OS Ventura. I tried AE 2022 and 2023. Amy idea? Thanks!
  • Hi Orrin, monkeywords always worked fine. After upgrading to the latest version. It don’t breaks sentences. And Some of the ^ are ignored. Not All of them. Also upgraded to latest Mac OS Ventura. I tried AE 2022 and 2023. Amy idea? Thanks!
    Hey Geert- I'd open up a support ticket and send me a still of your UI setup and the results you're getting. We'll figure it out.
    -oz
    BTW- make sure there's not a space before the ^ (sometimes its hard to tell). That would disable it since it has be be at the beginning of a line.
  • Hi Orrin,

Thank you for your quick reply.
    I've sent you an email with the files.

Thanks!
  • Hey! I'm trying this in trial mode and maybe that's the issue.

No matter what "primary style" I have the text set to, it exits the screen by sliding to the right. Is this normal for trial mode or am I somehow missing a setting or what?

No matter what "primary style" I have the text set to, it exits the screen by sliding to the right. Is this normal for trial mode or am I somehow missing a setting or what?
    Hey Caitlin...I don't think thats a limitation. 
    Could you open a support ticket, and send me a still of your UI set up. We'll figure it out.
    -oz

Hey Caitlin...I don't think thats a limitation. 
    Could you open a support ticket, and send me a still of your UI set up. We'll figure it out.
    -oz

Hi! Thank you for being so kind even before I've purchased it! I found it was my own personal error - I had accidentally selected "text tracking," which, due to the tracking changing, gave it the appearance of sliding.
  • Repeating Doit's fills up the folder MonkeyWords Pages with unused pages after deleting unwanted animations. How can I get rid of the unsed page-comps. There is no undo-it like in other monkey tools. 
  • Hi, thanks for the great product. How does Monkeywords decide the bounding box for the text it is animating? Is there any way to have it automatically take up more of the text layer? 
  • Hello how can I apply monkeywords to a voice? Should I use textsyncr? Or there is a way to export time references from premiere transcribed sequence?
    Thanks a lot!
    Luca
  • I am finding that monkey words is not completely syncing with the audio markers. It starts doing so and then clumps all the marker’s together which means I have to separate them out myself, I am not completely sure if it produced all the text . I have used use Textsyncr and have tried it on both of my computers and the result is the same.
    I am using the latest version of Mac OS.
  • I have a question.
    Is there a limitation to how much text can be synced to audio when using Monkey Words?
  • Will you guys be making a 3d add on for MonkeyWords the way that you did for TypeMonkey?