Shadow Studio 2
  • Yey. I have been using your plugin for the last 2 years, Its awesome I am so glad you are now on aescripts now its going to be much easier to update within aescripts manager.
  • Yey. I have been using your plugin for the last 2 years, Its awesome I am so glad you are now on aescripts now its going to be much easier to update within aescripts manager.
    Thanks Mihai, glad you're enjoying it :)
  • Is it possible to add noise to the shadow?
  • Thank you for your great plugin. Will you add a feature to add noise or texture to the shadows? Btw I appreciate if you will add presets like Chunk's. They are so useful but I wish I had more presets like them.
  • Thank you for your great plugin. Will you add a feature to add noise or texture to the shadows? Btw I appreciate if you will add presets like Chunk's. They are so useful but I wish I had more presets like them.
    Hi Onur

We do have texture options, you can supply another layer where you might add fractal noise or a textured bitmap to add some detail to your shadows. 

Alternatively, here's a preset that allows you to add animated or static noise all in the one layer.
    zip
    zip
    SS2 Noisy.ffx.zip
  • Is it possible to add noise to the shadow?
    Hi Cyan

Sure is. See my reply to Onur for the current method + an easy preset to do so. 
  • I'm assuming that, if I were to handover a file with shadows created by this, the recipient would also need to have Shadow Studio installed, to be able to modify positioning/timing of layers and still have the shadows update (rather than pre-rendering the shadows). Is that the case?
  • I'm assuming that, if I were to handover a file with shadows created by this, the recipient would also need to have Shadow Studio installed, to be able to modify positioning/timing of layers and still have the shadows update (rather than pre-rendering the shadows). Is that the case?
    Hi Rob

Yes this is correct as SS2 renders the rasterised shadows on-the-fly. If they don't have the plugin installed then no shadows will appear. 
  • Hi guys !

Just a point for you, I've got some issue with the 1.3.1 release, i can't say what is the issue but my AE crash everytime. 1.3.0 is stable for me :)

Cheers !
  • Hi guys !

Just a point for you, I've got some issue with the 1.3.1 release, i can't say what is the issue but my AE crash everytime. 1.3.0 is stable for me :)

Cheers !
    Hi Florian

Apologies for the issue you're experiencing :( Could you please open a support ticket so we can try to find the cause? I have done extensive benchmarking with v1.3.1 and thought it was very stable but apparently not!
  • Hi there!
    When will you issue an update for M1 - M2 silicon, so that you don't have to open AE with Rosetta?
  • I'd like to but this, but heard you are release a version 3? Will I have to pay again to upgrade?
  • is a 2024 version in the pipeline? Thanks!
  • I'd like to but this, but heard you are release a version 3? Will I have to pay again to upgrade?
    There will be a discounted upgrade option for SS2 owners.
  • is a 2024 version in the pipeline? Thanks!
    Hi James

Shadow Studio 2 is fully compatible with Ae 2024. I just updated the compatibility tab, sorry about that.
  • Hi there!
    When will you issue an update for M1 - M2 silicon, so that you don't have to open AE with Rosetta?
    Hi George

Shadow Studio 2 has native apple silicon capability. Are you having an issue? If so please submit a support ticket so we can look into it.