Rubberize It!
  • yeah, typing it in worked.  Now, the issue is I cannot get the script to work.  I make a shape, pre comp it, stick pin it, and nothing.  I bring in a layer from a PSD, pre comp it, stick pin it, and nothing. I made a shape layer, stick pinned it, pre comped it, and nothing happened.  What might I be missing here to make this work?

• Hey Ron- 
    I'm not quite sure - did you add keyframes with an ease on it? Not sure I heard that mentioned.

Either way, check the tut again...if that doesn't work, open a ticket and send me the project. We'll get it to work for you.
  • Okay, something must have been out of step and I was able to get something to wiggle..., now with all the attempts to get it working, Frequency, Decay and Amplitude are grayed out and I have yet to figure out how to get them to show.  Also, I don't know if it is the case or not, but I do not get any rubberize data in the effects control menu.  Is it hidden data?
  • I can't seem to post an image example of the grayed out menu items

• Custom allows the menu items to open.  But when you click around in your tutorials the material items do not change and in mine the only time that I can use them is in Customize.  
    I am also using a version of Chrome that doesn't have any videos on the page so I assumed  was on my own.  I need to get my other computer running so I can see the videos.  I have no idea what is up with that but regardless of allowing cookies or not the videos don't show up.  I just want to bounce an object...lol.

Thank you for any and all help you have given so far.

• Ron Lemen said:
    Custom allows the menu items to open.  But when you click around in your tutorials the material items do not change and in mine the only time that I can use them is in Customize.  
    I am also using a version of Chrome that doesn't have any videos on the page so I assumed  was on my own.  I need to get my other computer running so I can see the videos.  I have no idea what is up with that but regardless of allowing cookies or not the videos don't show up.  I just want to bounce an object...lol.

Thank you for any and all help you have given so far.

no problem...
    Might be best to open a support ticket- this area is for more general comments, complements. insights, insults and suggestions.
  • Hello! Very nice tool! 1 question! On a precomposed 2d transparent animation, im apply the pins to nulla positons with an expression. My question is that i can still aply the script to the pins? It would work?
    That might have been an interesting idea—to incorporate the result of any existing expressions on the Puppet Pins. But we didn’t think of it, so, unfortunately, we just replace whatever is there with our own expression.
    Is there a way to get this to work? I really need rubberize it to work on a pin that is parented to a null object! 
  • does text have to be moving for this to work?  Can I just have a write on text and have it work?
  • Lisa Cla said:
    does text have to be moving for this to work?  Can I just have a write on text and have it work?
    Techinically, it does have to be moving- its triggered by acceleration- but you can fake it by splitting the layer at the moment it stops...theres an example on our FAQ page - check it out.
    Hope that helps.
    -oz
  • This trial version doesn't seem to be working in AE 2020? I just get a blank effects panel DId AE 2020 break something?
  • Hello!
    I'm using the AE 2020 version too, I installed the trial version. I can put pins and try to move the object.  I can see the result, but I can't apply the different parameters because they are inactive. Is this normal? Is this how the trial version works?
    thanks!
  • Hello!
    I'm using the AE 2020 version too, I installed the trial version. I can put pins and try to move the object.  I can see the result, but I can't apply the different parameters because they are inactive. Is this normal? Is this how the trial version works?
    thanks!
    Hi Oleksandr- try switching the material over to Custom...
  • I love Rubbize it so much and I've used it in after effect about half a year ago. 

Recently, I updated to Adobe After effect 2020 (ver 17.7.0) (build 45) on Mac

I have problem opening the extension. When I click it, the whole after-effect software is crashed. 

After several attempt of re-opening and re-installing, the problem is still there. 

Please advise. Appreciate so much
    Victor

• I love Rubbize it so much and I've used it in after effect about half a year ago. 

Recently, I updated to Adobe After effect 2020 (ver 17.7.0) (build 45) on Mac

I have problem opening the extension. When I click it, the whole after-effect software is crashed. 

After several attempt of re-opening and re-installing, the problem is still there. 

Please advise. Appreciate so much
    Victor

Hey Victor- sorry to hear that. Please open a support ticket and we’ll try to get it solved
  • UI opens blank. 

Sometimes when I restart AE I am able to get it. 

I am on AE 22.0.1 on Mac OS 10.15.5. 

Any advice? 
  • Hi guys

As you know, I love Rubberize and all your plugins, but I cannot seem to get the latest updated version of Rubberize working in the latest updated After Effects - all that happens after placing pins and clicking Rubberize, is a halo appearing around the object to be 'rubberized', but no movement or effect at all. Tried on precomped shapes and text, and on png's, etc, as per instructions and how I used it successfully in the past, but with no luck. Is there a compatibility issue with the latest AE 22?

Cheers,
    Gaz
  • Gary Bird said:
    Hi guys

As you know, I love Rubberize and all your plugins, but I cannot seem to get the latest updated version of Rubberize working in the latest updated After Effects - all that happens after placing pins and clicking Rubberize, is a halo appearing around the object to be 'rubberized', but no movement or effect at all. Tried on precomped shapes and text, and on png's, etc, as per instructions and how I used it successfully in the past, but with no luck. Is there a compatibility issue with the latest AE 22?

Cheers,
    Gaz
    Same issue here with Windows AE 2023 (build 59). No movement is created.
  • Hey everyone! 

Excited to share that I just got this amazing tool. However, I noticed it's listed as compatible with AE 2024, but I can't seem to find it in AE, and the scripts manager only shows 2023. Any insights on when it might be compatible with version 2024?

Cheers,
    Martin
  • Hey everyone! 

Excited to share that I just got this amazing tool. However, I noticed it's listed as compatible with AE 2024, but I can't seem to find it in AE, and the scripts manager only shows 2023. Any insights on when it might be compatible with version 2024?

Cheers,
    Martin
    In the aescripts + aeplugins manager app, right-click and select 'Custom Installation' and make sure you are installing into the same version of After Effects that you are using. Please restart after installing.

• Hey everyone! 

Cheers,
    Martin
    In the aescripts + aeplugins manager app, right-click and select 'Custom Installation' and make sure you are installing into the same version of After Effects that you are using. Please restart after installing.

Thank you so much!