• Oh, this is great. 
    But releasing this as a separate product rather than an update for Volna 1 is pretty unfair.
  • Just purchased this and not too happy having to dive in to make anything look decent. Do you have any step-by-step tutorials or Example AEPs for us to look at? TIA

• Just purchased this and not too happy having to dive in to make anything look decent. Do you have any step-by-step tutorials or Example AEPs for us to look at? TIA
    here is samples project
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jybv1574etg3vk0/cross_lines_gradient.aep?dl=0

first tutorial

and user's guide
  • Thank you for your prompt reply and action, Dmitri. 
  • OH! And a few more AEPs will be a BIG PLUS. This looks like a great tool but it's also requiring a deep dive, just to get started. 
    I think a few AEPs from the Promo Video will make lots of users happy, TIA
  • OH! And a few more AEPs will be a BIG PLUS. This looks like a great tool but it's also requiring a deep dive, just to get started. 
    I think a few AEPs from the Promo Video will make lots of users happy, TIA

Just open Aep. It contains all samples from promo!
  • WOOTS!!!! Awesome! Thanks Dmitriy.
  • Best Scripts ,I Want more Tutorials please 
  • Palm Man said:
    Best Scripts ,I Want more Tutorials please 
    Working on them. 
  • Thank you for this version.  I used the original Volna quite often and this is an amazing update!  Appreciate all you do Dmitriy :)  Amazing what you can accomplish when thinking outside the box with this tool.
  • Would love to buy, but really need some decent tutorials!
  • Some bug here--when I apply volna to a solid layer with masks, the color of the solid disappears and I can't get any adjustments to register -- i.e tweak thickness but nothing. Help! 
  • Some bug here--when I apply volna to a solid layer with masks, the color of the solid disappears and I can't get any adjustments to register -- i.e tweak thickness but nothing. Help! 
    Did you select Mask from Mask 1 group?

Yes, added a mask to a solid, then selected Mask 1 in Mask 1 twirl down in Volna panel. Cannot get this to work for me and frustrated.

Yes, added a mask to a solid, then selected Mask 1 in Mask 1 twirl down in Volna panel. Cannot get this to work for me and frustrated.

Can you download a sample project and try to open it? https://irrealix.com/downloads/
    if it does not helps, please open a support ticket with you OS specs and AE version.
  • Hello. I am trying to figure out how to put more distance between each dot while in point mode in Volna 2. Can you please help? Thanks!
  • loving this plugin, but would it be possilble to have an "SVG export" feature? (like the Aura plugin does)
  • Hello.

Is this plugin apple silicon compatible, or is there any plans to make it anytime soon?
    There's a very usable After Effects Apple Silicon Beta ready.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
  • Hello.

Is this plugin apple silicon compatible, or is there any plans to make it anytime soon?
    There's a very usable After Effects Apple Silicon Beta ready.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
    it was tested on M1 and it works. You can download free version and try.
  • Hi, does this plugin work with the AE Beta (running in Silicon, not Rosetta)?

• fadu dba said:
    Hi, does this plugin work with the AE Beta (running in Silicon, not Rosetta)?

Hello just released v2.0.2 with Silicon support. It now work in AE Beta.
  • The Windows system uses the aep work file made by the old version of Volna, and the new Mac system uses the latest version of Volna 2.1.2. After opening, all are black.
  • jawen liu said:
    The Windows system uses the aep work file made by the old version of Volna, and the new Mac system uses the latest version of Volna 2.1.2. After opening, all are black.

Can you send us the project file so we can solve the problem? You can open a support ticket and attach project.
  • I can open it with ae of windows system but apple system can't display it normally.
    Volna 2 is the latest version installed with both.

The download link of the working file is as follows.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PFghGHzPkZ2rCPud5HXIM2e2IMRtpv1p/view

Thank you for your help !

• jawen liu said:
    I can open it with ae of windows system but apple system can't display it normally.

Thank you, we can see the problem now. will solve it asap.
    But for now you can just increase Alpha->Alpha Sinus Plus Constant to 0. for each layer with Volna on Mac.
  • jawen liu said:
    I can open it with ae of windows system but apple system can't display it normally.

Volna 2.1.3 with Fix is uploaded, please test it on Mac.
  • 劉嘉文說道:
    windows系統的ae可以打開,但是蘋果系統不能正常顯示。
    Volna 2 是兩者都安裝的最新版本。

工作文件的下載鏈接如下。
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PFghGHzPkZ2rCPud5HXIM2e2IMRtpv1p/view謝謝你的幫助!

Volna 2.1.3 with Fix 已上傳,請在 Mac 上測試。 It's solved, thank you very much!
  • Hello! I started working with Volna recently on a very large comp in AE (final render specs are 13268 x 768). I am not able to render full res on my Mac studio (32 GB of RAM) or an iMac (64 GB of RAM), and I get the attached error code. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?
    Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 10.10.29 AM.png
    992 x 372 - 60K
  • Hello! I started working with Volna recently on a very large comp in AE (final render specs are 13268 x 768). I am not able to render full res on my Mac studio (32 GB of RAM) or an iMac (64 GB of RAM), and I get the attached error code. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Hello, modern Macs has a 8000 pixels max frame size. If you have multisampling turned on (5 samples in Volna) max size is 4000 for modern Macs. You can try to turn it off, Change layer size to 8000 and scale it up to fill comp
  • Does Volna function in 3D space so I could use camera moves or it is a 2D plugin?  Thanks
  • I am trying to figure out how to create the effect at 1:17 in this Volna promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEAPZMjT5M

I have tried various combinations of all the gradient tools, and the obsolete color parameters, but I can't get the colors to vary as much both along the lines and across the lines, as they appear to in the example. Can you give me a hint about which color settings are being used?

Thanks!
  • I am trying to figure out how to create the effect at 1:17 in this Volna promo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EEAPZMjT5M

I have tried various combinations of all the gradient tools, and the obsolete color parameters, but I can't get the colors to vary as much both along the lines and across the lines, as they appear to in the example. Can you give me a hint about which color settings are being used?

Thanks!
    Here is a project file:
  • I am creating a design that looks like Japan's rising sun design and the problem I am having is that I duplicate the 1st ray so I don't have to recreate each ray's properties, and by the 4th duplicate the first ray is getting whiter and progressively so for each additional duplicate. Is there a way around this so I do not have to create each ray and its sub rays indepently?
  • Hey there,
    I want to animate a simple air flow with very few lines, but I have an issue where the comp goes black and AE crashes every time I click
    Offset Loop in the Strokes Offset tab.

After Effects 2023 running on iMac Pro (2017) with macOS Monterey 

Any leads?
    Thank youuu!
  • Hey there,
    I want to animate a simple air flow with very few lines, but I have an issue where the comp goes black and AE crashes every time I click

Any leads?
    Thank youuu!

Hello, please make sure you have lates update.
  • Hey there,

Any leads?
    Thank youuu!

Try AE 22 if you have please
  • Hey there,

Any leads?
    Thank youuu!
    here is update, can you please test it and let me know:
  • Hey there,

Any leads?
    Thank youuu!
    here is update, can you please test it and let me know:
    That fixed it, works perfect now! Thank you so much!
  • Hi There,

I've started playing around with Volna and at first it looks very cool. Not expensive plugin, and rich amount of possibilities to create motion graphics that would have been sometimes a lot more tricky under stardust or even form (without speaking of amout of RAM and machine resources taken).
    When turning the mask layer into 3D, the result could be interesting also.
    I think I'm going to create some good series in 2023 :) !

Have a good year and best wishes !

Benoit
    www.vectorsforall.com
  • Hello does it work to export Lottie?
  • Hello! Can you make the solid background transparent so you can overlay it on a video?
  • Hi. Tried Volna and very enthousiastic about the product. 
    Cudos to the devs.
    Defenitly plan to use it in some projects later this year.

Any possibility to add functionality for version 3 like Motype.2 from Yonabox?
    This functionality seems to me natural evolution for Volna.

A lot of people that are using Windows are left in the cold by Yonabox products which are Apple ecosys only.

Thx to consider
  • hi I am using volna2 to create 20 rays and as per your video each layer has 2 layers. My problem is in applying colorama with an iteration of 40 ( which gives a full rainbow of colors to a keyframe of iteration of 1 to return to solid gold. I have one ray which transitions from rainbow to gold with no in-betweens and a second ray which I cannot figure out why its going from rainbow thru solid colors of the spectrum then to solid gold. If you have any insights into a fix to not have these in-betweens show up I would appreciate it very much.
  • Volna 2 trail keeps crashing AE 2024. I'd like to buy it but I can't commit if you it doesn't work.
  • Volna 2 trail keeps crashing AE 2024. I'd like to buy it but I can't commit if you it doesn't work.
    Can you please send us a crash dump?
  • Should I renew the payments anually for floating server license?
  • hyein lee said:
    Should I renew the payments anually for floating server license?
    No.
  • Keeps crashing in 2023... can't use and just bought it. Please refund or fix....