True Comp Duplicator
  • Hi.

Thanks for the plug-in.
    I'm missing the "Duplicate selected" button.
    Am I doing something wrong?

Make sure you open the panel all the way. If you need further assistance open a support ticket https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • This script is a huge time saver and I love it. But since AE 2020 (Maybe since version 17.0.6 I am not sure) I have the same error as Jennifer Lemberger
    The error seem to occur at line 211 when I try to dock the script in AE

Everything is in english

Worked great in CC2019

Thanks
    Dan

Hello,

your script is great and I use it often. I have the same Problem like Leigh Hatwell, I get the same error.
    In 2019 its working fine, but in 2020 not.

I checked my label names, and they are all in english.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?
    Thank you very much!

Jenny

• This script is a huge time saver and I love it. But since AE 2020 (Maybe since version 17.0.6 I am not sure) I have the same error as Jennifer Lemberger
    The error seem to occur at line 211 when I try to dock the script in AE

Everything is in english

Worked great in CC2019

Thanks
    Dan

Hello,

your script is great and I use it often. I have the same Problem like Leigh Hatwell, I get the same error.
    In 2019 its working fine, but in 2020 not.

I checked my label names, and they are all in english.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix it?
    Thank you very much!

Jenny

Please open a support ticket for technical assistance https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • I have a large project that has comps organized in folders within folders. When I duplicate a comp the folder hierarchy is also duplicated. This results into comps being nested deep within folders. Sometimes 10-15 folders deep. I would like to be able to select a comp, have the comp and precomps be collected into one folder, and the folder hierarchy to be completely eliminated. Is there a way to do that?
  • THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I opened a ticket and it was suggested that I reset my After Effects preferences: 

It worked!
  • Amazing plugin, saved tons of time, thank you.

That said, this broke some comps that ended up having the same name, which is costing me to fix. To prevent this, I recommend having an option to add a randomly-generated number at the end.
  • thank you very much! =)
  • Hello, i updated new release of AE but script stopped working. It says "To collect dependencies, you must enable 'Group Items Into Folder'" when i do this it just creates a group. I am using script for a long time how can i fix this?
  • emre abay said:
    Hello, i updated new release of AE but script stopped working. It says "To collect dependencies, you must enable 'Group Items Into Folder'" when i do this it just creates a group. I am using script for a long time how can i fix this?

Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hi Brennan,

Your True Comp Duplicator has been an amazing savior over the years.  Haven't used it in a while and needed it for a project.  I am getting the error "No item selected in the project panel" while trying to duplicate comps in the timeline.  Wondering if there is something I can try to fix this?

Thank you so much!

Arthur
  • Hi Brennan,

Your True Comp Duplicator has been an amazing savior over the years.  Haven't used it in a while and needed it for a project.  I am getting the error "No item selected in the project panel" while trying to duplicate comps in the timeline.  Wondering if there is something I can try to fix this?

Thank you so much!

Arthur

Sorry for the obvious question but are you selecting the comps in the project panel?
  • The most valuable plug-in of all time ! P E R I O D

donnu whyt AE didn't put in the software... Thank you for all this years of help :) I or should I say we luv you ;)
  • Hi Brennan,

Many thanks for your script. I recently made the upgrade to CC2020 and I download the latest version of True Comp Duplicator. But it doesn't work.
    A error at line 181 stop the launch of the script. Your support will be very appreciate.

Many thanks !

Best regards,

K
  • Hi Brennan,

Many thanks for your script. I recently made the upgrade to CC2020 and I download the latest version of True Comp Duplicator. But it doesn't work.
    A error at line 181 stop the launch of the script. Your support will be very appreciate.

Many thanks !

Best regards,

K

Please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Your plugin has been so helpful in the times I've needed it. There's really not something else like it that I've found. Thank you!

I have a feature request. It would be great if there was an option to not duplicate either shy layers or say locked layers. The last time I tried renaming everything to have a certain prefix and use the "don't duplicate anything with the prefix" option it didn't work. I haven't had time to troubleshoot and see if it was user error or not but it occurred to me that this could be a simple solution (simple on my end of course. May be very hard on your end).

Thanks again for this great plugin!

Tom
  • This doesn't work with 2021 just FYI...
  • Probably the best plugin of the last two years!
    Any plan for an update?

It works great in 2021, if you need assistance please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • There is a way to make it duplicate with Kbar?
  • Could you elaborate what the tool called  "Collect Dependencies" is for?
    Thanks
  • Is there an update in the workds for AE 2022?
  • Tim Coman said:
    Is there an update in the workds for AE 2022?

It works great in 2022, if you need assistance please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/
  • Hey,

I just got a persistent error when using it to duplicate a quite complex comp, never had that before, no matter how crazy it got. It stops after a few seconds after duplicating some comps with the Script Alert saying:

Error: After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry!
    {child not found in parent}

Running on Ae 22.0.1 with script version v3.9.14

Any ideas how to fix that?

I´ve been loving this script for years, btw.
    cheers
    michi

• Where did the duplicate selected button go? Thankyou

I don't have that option......
  • Hey,

I just got a persistent error when using it to duplicate a quite complex comp, never had that before, no matter how crazy it got. It stops after a few seconds after duplicating some comps with the Script Alert saying:

Error: After Effects error: internal verification failure, sorry!
    {child not found in parent}

Running on Ae 22.0.1 with script version v3.9.14

Any ideas how to fix that?

I´ve been loving this script for years, btw.
    cheers
    michi

if you need assistance please open a support ticket for assistance: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • what is the check box for "Select duplicates" in the options section do?  I though it would allow me to choose the comps within the comp being duplicated as I did not want all comps within duplicated only some and when I hit duplicate the process went through with not options to select.  I am sure I am misunderstanding something.
  • I just love this script. My work requires me to produce different versions of the same core motion graphic so it is a key component of my AE workflow.
  • I have the 3.9.11 version, why I have to pay again for the 3.9.14 version ? no fair at all !
  • I have the 3.9.11 version, why I have to pay again for the 3.9.14 version ? no fair at all !
    Please check the faq: How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products

• Just wanted to say thanks for this tool.
  • Extremely useful and often needed.

Future request:
    Would love if this could be docked as a tiny easily accessible button into the interface
    (a simple duplicate comp button + pref icon to access options only when needed, for example).

Thanks!
  • Extremely useful and often needed.

Future request:
    Would love if this could be docked as a tiny easily accessible button into the interface
    (a simple duplicate comp button + pref icon to access options only when needed, for example).

Thanks!
    This is exactly what KBar is for! https://aescripts.com/kbar
  • Yes it is working with aftereffects smoothly .
  • True comp is essential and I was wondering if there will be an update for Ae 23.0 in the near future?
    Thanks!
  • True comp is essential and I was wondering if there will be an update for Ae 23.0 in the near future?
    Thanks!

works fine in 2023. if you are having a specific issue please open a Support ticket and include screenshots so we are best able to assist you https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Unmatchable usefull tool!
    Thank you..
    A have just one small tip for GUI update.. As I am used to change labels palette (for example add white label for null objects), and I use the Labels 4.0 script, I am sometimes confused with dropdown menu in TrueCompDuplicator, where are labels named by "default" original names... Is it possible to get names directly from AE settings intead of predefined rigid list please?
  • This is a must have, indespensible tool for my workflow.  I just have one request.  I am desperate for the ability to scroll down the UI panel when it's docked and sized too small for all of the menu content.  Right now, I'm constantly having to undock the panel and expand the window until I can access the duplicate button in order to run the script.  
  • Hey, just wanna say thank you for such a great script!
    Was wondering if it's possible for you to update it so that it works better with essential graphics.
    Noticed that nested comps with essential graphics linked up to the parent comps essential graphics panel breaks upon duplicating them.
  • An indispensible tool to have, I use it nearly everyday. A little suggestion : instead of having the choice to incerment the first or the last number in composition name, why not extend it to any number in the name? When working with complex composition with many precomp at different level of precomps, it would be great to have this flexibility for more precise nomenclature. Thanks anyway!
  • In AE 24.0.0 it is not working - There is no menu in the AE-Windows Panel where True Comp can be executed (be found)
  • In AE 24.0.0 it is not working - There is no menu in the AE-Windows Panel where True Comp can be executed (be found)

you need to make sure it's installed in the new version. Use the aescripts + aeplugins manager app (https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/) to install it.
  • I have the latest version of aescripts + aeplugins manager app (redownloaded it today) and True Comp does not show up in AE. I see it in the app manager. 
  • I have the latest version of aescripts + aeplugins manager app (redownloaded it today) and True Comp does not show up in AE. I see it in the app manager. 

Please right-click and select 'Custom Installation' and make sure you are installing into the same version of After Effects that you are using. Please restart after installing. You will find it under the Window menu in AE. 
  • I'm running AE 24 on 2017 5K iMac and I don't see the True Comp under File-->Scripts. I've manually installed the file to the directory and used the aescripts install manager application. 

User Error on my part, I was looking under File-->Scripts and not Window dropdown. I see it now. Thanks! 
  • I'm running AE 24 on 2017 5K iMac and I don't see the True Comp under File-->Scripts. I've manually installed the file to the directory and used the aescripts install manager application. 

Use the aescripts + aeplugins manager app (https://aescripts.com/learn/aescripts-aeplugins-manager-app/) to install it, after restarting you will find it under the Window menu in After Effects.
  • Great tool, it has saved me hours of work!

I only have one observation, it would be great if after the comps is duplicated, it collapses / closes all the folder again. For a small project is fine but I have used this tool in very large ones and at times it could get problematic.

Anyways, everything else works great, thanks from Guayaquil - Ecuador.
  • I've been using TCD for years. I use it every day on every project.