• Name is easy bounce but operation is hard...even installation is not taking place as tutorial suggest. Manually installed and some error messages are popping out so definitely not worth of it.
  • Hi Raju,

what error message do you get? Best open a support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/ and attach some screenshots.
    We had 450 downloads yesterday and you are the first one reporting such an issue. So I am sure it is something specific to your system. The more details we know, the quicker and better we will be able to help.

Name is easy bounce but operation is hard...even installation is not taking place as tutorial suggest. Manually installed and some error messages are popping out so definitely not worth of it.

• Hello - is that different from using iExpressions? Should I buy this in addition?
  • Hi Nikolaus,
    this is very different to iExpressions. iExpressions contains the Throw iExpression which can also create bouncing animations, but the workflow is very different: With the Throw iExpression, you just set a start position, direction and speed and the expression calculates a move from that. With Easy Bounce, you can keyframe an entire motion path that can contains as many bounces as you want and the tool creates a physically accurate bounce through exactly these points. So you have a much better control and can create much more complex animations. It also adds squash.

Easy Bounce is definitely the both much easier and much more powerful solution now (but iExpression still has dozens of other very useful features not related to bouncing animations).

Hello - is that different from using iExpressions? Should I buy this in addition?

• I know in the compatibility section it lists as starting at CS5.5, but will it with CS5? Many thanks.
  • I am not able to test this, but I don't see a reason why it should not work on CS5. Easy Bounce is only using features that should also be available in CS5. If you plan to buy the Pro version, please test with the free version to check if it works before you purchase a license.

I know in the compatibility section it lists as starting at CS5.5, but will it with CS5? Many thanks.

• Hello Mattias! Happy New Year. I really like the script, and purchased the Pro version. I'm trying to bounce some text by individual characters. Each is on it's own layer. I'm setting up 3 or 4 position keyframes. The script is not doing a bounce, but is doing the squash on only the last keyframe. Please help.
  • Hi John,

could you please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    and also attach your project file? Ideally two versions of the project, one before you run Easy Bounce and one with the result after you applied it. If it is part of a complex project, a reduced project with just the layers you want to animate with easy bounce is enough.

Hello Mattias! Happy New Year. I really like the script, and purchased the Pro version. I'm trying to bounce some text by individual characters. Each is on it's own layer. I'm setting up 3 or 4 position keyframes. The script is not doing a bounce, but is doing the squash on only the last keyframe. Please help.

• Hello! I dowloaded the FREE version but it is not working AT ALL.
    I have a macBook Pro  32GB and RADEON with AE 2021 and it still popping out a message that says: 
    TYPE ERROR:NULL IS NOT AN OBJECT.  
    Then if I just press enter the following message also appears : UNABLE TO EXECUTE SCRIPT AT LINE 6. UNDEFINED IS NOT AN OBJECT. 
    I already tried with the binary and the .jsx codec and nothing.
  • Hi Maria,
    that sounds like you have another script installed on your machine that is breaking the scripting API. Please open a support ticket at
    https://aescripts.com/contact/?product_id=1668
    and then I can send you instructions how to solve the problem

Hello! I dowloaded the FREE version but it is not working AT ALL.
    I have a macBook Pro  32GB and RADEON with AE 2021 and it still popping out a message that says: 
    TYPE ERROR:NULL IS NOT AN OBJECT.  
    Then if I just press enter the following message also appears : UNABLE TO EXECUTE SCRIPT AT LINE 6. UNDEFINED IS NOT AN OBJECT. 
    I already tried with the binary and the .jsx codec and nothing.

• how to i install the EasyBounce.jsxbin file?
  • Hi Abhirup,

please follow the instructions of the "How to Install.pdf" in the product download or see

how to i install the EasyBounce.jsxbin file?

• I'm on AE v23 - I can't get this to work. It does nothing to my Transform/Position but adds a Distort Effect. Selecting KFs or selecting just the layer has no effect. Working with Shape Layers or Solids gives the same result - nothing is added to the Transform>Position. Can't find a tutorial to troubleshoot.  
    Strangely, it now works!   :-) 
    Thank you Mathias, for a great product. 
  • Hi Roland,

I just double-checked and it works fine for me, too, on the current Ae beta.
    Maybe for some reason it had issues to separate the dimensions (which it does before creating the keyframes)? Do you have the new Preference of Ae to "Default Position Properties to Separate Dimentsions" enabled? Anyway - good to hear that it is working now :-)
    I'm on AE v23 - I can't get this to work. It does nothing to my Transform/Position but adds a Distort Effect. Selecting KFs or selecting just the layer has no effect. Working with Shape Layers or Solids gives the same result - nothing is added to the Transform>Position. Can't find a tutorial to troubleshoot.  
    Strangely, it now works!   :-) 
    Thank you Mathias, for a great product. 

• It is a jsxbin script and you can just install it like any other script - there is also a How_to_install.pdf included in the product download.
    You can also install it using our manager app.

How do I set up EasyBounce?

• Hi, I'm getting an error:

"Error at line 16:
    After Effects error: Unable to call 'setValuesAtTimes" because of parameter 1. Value array does not have between 1 and -1 elements"
  • Hi Cezary,

did you make sure to add a keyframe both at the points where the layer should bounce off the ground AND at the apex points (highest points)?
    If it is still not working, could you please open a support ticket, attach your project (just the aep, no footage needed), and tell me to which layer of which comp you tried to apply Easy Bounce?

Cheers,
    Mathias

Hi, I'm getting an error:

"Error at line 16:
    After Effects error: Unable to call 'setValuesAtTimes" because of parameter 1. Value array does not have between 1 and -1 elements"

• hi, I was able to get rid of the error. I have different issue. Anytime I apply Easy Bounce it changes the timing of the bounce (the keyframes moves to different places). Can it be avoided? I need my timing to stay the same.

Hi Cezary,

did you make sure to add a keyframe both at the points where the layer should bounce off the ground AND at the apex points (highest points)?
    If it is still not working, could you please open a support ticket, attach your project (just the aep, no footage needed), and tell me to which layer of which comp you tried to apply Easy Bounce?

Cheers,
    Mathias

"Error at line 16:

• Hi Cezary,

the whose point of Easy Bounce is that it fixes the timing for you such that it looks good. It is impossible to keep the timing and make the timing physically correct at the same time. If you want the animation to be slower or faster, you can change the gravity parameter. The less gravity the slower it will move.
    hi, I was able to get rid of the error. I have different issue. Anytime I apply Easy Bounce it changes the timing of the bounce (the keyframes moves to different places). Can it be avoided? I need my timing to stay the same.

Hi Cezary,

Cheers,
    Mathias

"Error at line 16:

• Why are all the tutorials for Easy Bounce unavailable? thx
  • Hi Tom,
    which tutorials are you referring to? The tutorials embedded on the product page play fine for me. Here is also a YouTube playlist with EasyBouce tutorials.

Why are all the tutorials for Easy Bounce unavailable? thx