• Hi there, I like your plugin, allthough I noticed that using the continually rasterize layer option disables the visibility, Is there a workaround? 
    When animating lines along a globe it would be a nice feature....
  • Hi

It's hard to interact with other 3D layers.
  • They vector strokes/shapes are in the texture comp that is used by Powersphere, and that layer isn't able to use continually rasterization...
  • Are the vector layers  3D layer?
    If the layers are 3D, those 3D layers are reflected with a camera in the composition of Power Sphere.
    So you need to turn off 3D switch of those vector layers to fix it.
  • The vector layers are 2D.... neither continually rasterize, or motion blur has any effect on the texture composition of the power sphere...
  • Hi

Could you give me some sample project file to replay the problem?
    Please open a support ticket to send it.
  • Sorry, the project was on a tight deadline, I did not have time to setup a file to show the problem. However I ran into a new one... I can't seem to get motion blur working on the sphere. Is it correct it is not supported?
  • Motion blur does not supported.
    Please use CC Force Motion Blur.
  • Awesome, thanks! That did the trick! 
  • Hi, I'm having a similar problem with continuous rasterization. I have an Illustrator file and some text in a precomp that I'm using as a texture source for power sphere. When I turn on continuous rasterization for the texture comp everything except the background solid disappears. I've tried turning on and off 3D layers and rasterization for all the layers without success. I need to zoom way in to the sphere but the source image doesn't hold up. Are there any work arounds?
    Thanks!
  • It seems that the text layer in the precomp is 3D layer.
    Did you turn off 3D of that text layer in the precomp?

• I set up a fresh composition and for some reason now I can see the source texture precomp when continuous rasterize is on and off. But there is still a limit to how close I can zoom in - as if continuous rasterize has no effect. My work around is to animate the scale of the illustrator file in the source texture precomp. That works pretty well for this project but I’m wondering if I’m missing something. BTW I’ve used Power Sphere on several projects and I think it’s great!

• OK, if you have some project file that shows the problem, please open a support ticket and upload it and 
    I will research it.
  • Your plugin is nice, but it has some bugs with the new cache in CC, when using a controll layer and changing the rotation the screen flickers, because it can't decide between the cached frames and the new ones. Trapcode Particular had this bug too when the new cache was introduced. 

You really should try using all the functions of the plugin in CC and see which don't behave correctly and fix them, because it IS a good plugin but this way its really not usable in AE CC 2014. 
  • Hi, thank you for using my plugin.
    There is a problem that if control layer's position is [0,0,0], then flickering occurred by rotating the control layer.
    Did you mention this, or any other situation?
  • Why am I seeing a watermark? I purchased the plug-in.
  • Hi,
    Are you sure to enter your license code in the register panel?
    Register panel appears by clicking register button at the top of effect panel.

If you already entered, please open a support ticket and report more details.
  • Love the plugin, purchased it after trying for a few minutes. I'm just having a problem setting rasterizing properly. 
    I added a comp size ai file, applied the plugin and set continuous rasterise to 'on' but it gets blurry. 
    I have uploaded my project to a support ticket.
    heres a screengrab http://imgur.com/Ve8dxDP
  • Hi,
    This plugin does not support continuous rasterisation of texture.
    (The size of texture will be the same size as the composition.)
    We recommend you make you texture comp large enough for the final sphere size and you won't get any blurring. This is the case for all plugins not just Power Sphere.
  • Hi,

I bought the plugin and it works quite well.
    But I noticed, that if I do a very slow camera animation close to the sphere, the sphere's animation plays back with no sub pixels ! It shutters a bit.
    I tested at the same distance, where the sphere is, a simple 3D AE text and it plays smoothly.
    Please add this feature in future versions.

Thanks
  • Hi
    The continuous rasterization of the texture is a difficult problem.
    I will try.

• Sure wish that you guys offered a standalone option for this program and the others as well.  Not being a big AE fan, it kinda stinks that I have to use it to benefit from these wonderful plugins!
  • Hi,
    do you offer a special price for renderfarm nodes?
    We would need 2-3 workstation-licenses and 40-50 rendernode-licenses.
  • Hi,
    There are some special price options for multi-licenses.
    For example:
    10 licenses for $31.99 each and save 20%
    Please check https://aescripts.com/power-sphere/ and it's price and following prices.
  • Thanks for the fast reply. One last question: if I want to install the plugin on our renderfarm. Do I have to enter the license code on every computer, or can I do a silent installation? Our system-admin fears that he is to enter the plugin license on 50 computers... Thx for your support. Cheers, Gregor
  • The plug in is not following the Null.  I've keyframed rotation values and the rotation starts a second after my first keyframe, then stalls, then starts again.

I reinstalled the plug-in, relaunched Ae.  Can't figure this out.  Please help.
  • Hi
    The bug was fixed in version 1.1.2.
    Please download and install it.
  • Hi!
    I often have to produce various sizes of my materials, from 3x3 fullhd videowall size (5760x3240px) to normal sizes, and found the AfterEffects' File/Scripts/Scale Composition feature very useful.
    But, if I resize my composition even with locked aspect ratios, my Power Sphere object will be distorted in a strange way, as if my camera would switch to an extreme field of view lens.
    (I don't use cameras or any 3d objects in the composition)
    And finally If I render out a resized project or a composition with cropped canvas, Powersphere object is faltering.
    Do you have any idea? Powersphere is very cool otherwise, solved the blurriness problem of CC Sphere and the Open Sphere option is dazzling. 
  • Hi
    I think  the field of view should be changed when the composition size is changed.
    But the script does not seem to change the field of view (or z position of the sphere)
    So make a 3d camera, and adjust its field of view.

If you need more supports, please open a support ticket and report more details.

• Hi!
    I love the plugin so far, but am wondering about the lights... Are they built in like with cc Sphere? Nothing happens when I change the settings. I haven't purchased the plugin yet because I wanted to make sure it's exactly what I need. I have added lights to the project, but it's not the same look as with cc Sphere so I was hoping it would be built into Power sphere. 

• Hi
    The light system is like 3D layer rather than CC Sphere.
    You need 1. Add light layers to the same composition 2. Change Shading parameters and light settings.
    For more details, please check document, section "Parameters", "Shading", and "Other settings", "Light".
  • Ok thank you, I managed to get the look I was going for. I'll be purchasing now :) 
  • Hi,

Just one more question.. I purchased the plugin and registered the license, but the globe is rendering the red and green 3D rotation lines. How do I turn that off?
  • Hi
    Turn off Show Pivot ( Open Sphere > Show Pivot )
  • Hi, I was getting a thine light seam when I used a large Power Shere with a camera inside it. There may have been some sub-pixels artefacts at the size of my sphere. I managed to fix it my applying a small motion tile effect to mirror repeat a few edge pixels.
  • is there a discount upgrade price?
  • Are you planning an update to make Power Sphere After Effects 2022 compatible?

Best 
    Harald
  • Hi
    Power Sphere is already compatible with AE 2022.
  • Sorry, I have only just seen that the version is supposed to be compatible with AE2022. However, I still get these two error messages.

PowerSPhere.plugin cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

macOS cannot verify that this app does not contain malware.

After this Message:

After Effects Fehler: Couldnt´t find main entry Point for PowerSphere.plugin (48§72)

iMac Pro 2017
    macOS Monterey (12.0.1)

After Effects version 22.1.1 (German Version)
  • Thank you for reporting the errors.
    I will investigate that errors.
  • Thanks a lot Takayuki!
    Best 
    Harald
  • Hi,
    Please check next knowledgebase:

Manager app may resolve the error.

If the error is not resolved, please open a support ticket
  • Hi Takayuk, thanks for your help. I had installed the plugin via the manager. But it seems that it was always installed again for AE2020. I only noticed that now. I have moved all the files from AE2020. And installed again. Now it works. Thank you very much.
    Harald

• Hi there,

when trying to apply Power Sphere (1.1.8) I keep getting these messages:

After Effects error: Couldn’t find main entry point for PowerSphere.plugin. ( 48 :: 72 )

- After Effects error: This effect cannot be applied because it cannot be initialized. Try reinstalling or contacting the plug-in developer. ( 25 :: 3 )

I am on M1 Max, Monterey, After Effects 22.3.0

Thanks in advance

Markus

• It seems like the problem discussed above.

Try install by Manager app.

If the problem is not resolved, please open a support ticket.
  • It seems like the problem discussed above.

Try install by Manager app.

If the problem is not resolved, please open a support ticket.
    Just tested v1.1.8 on an M1 mac running Monterey and it works just fine. Please double check that you are indeed using 1.1.8 or above. If you still need help please open a support ticket.