Ease and Wizz
  • window only??? mac can't use it!!
  • It works on both mac and windows.  Please refer to this Knowledge Base article for help on installing and running scripts: https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/how-to-install-and-run-scripts/
  • All scripts are cross-platform, right?
  • There's something wrong with the plug in. Every time I tried to use 'Bounce', a notification pops up saying 'After Effects stopped working' and it shut downs immediately. I didn't even get to save my project. I just bought the plug in today. What should i do?
  • Please open a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact and we can help you further.  Please indicate what version of After Effects and operating system you are using.
  • I absolutely love ease and wizz, one small issue, I can't get the panel to dock. I'm on a mac, used it on ae5 and now ae6.
  • Hi, i can`t use it on mac!! oohhh!!! i can`t see the plugin.. please help!!

iMac 21"
    snow leopard
    AE CS5

____

hola, no puedo ver el plugin por ninguna parte, no aparece en la ventana de efectos.
    lo puse en la carpeta correspondiente.

agradezco su respuesta.

• Just figured it out. ( I Know I'm Late.)
    To install Ease & Wizz on Mac, make sure Ease and wizz.jsx is in the ScriptUI Panels folder.
    The remainder of the other scripts (script.js) are inside the easingExpressions folder.

VERY IMPORTANT: make sure the Ease and whizz.jsx (different than .js) is on the outside of easingExpressions folder. this does not go into the folder with the rest of the .js scripts. 
    I'm using After Effects CS5.5 on i7.

Hope that helps. 

• How can we add more ease functions? This includes only a handful of Robert Penner's easing equations. How would one add more? 
  • Hi I love the plugin for this. But one small issue, it's the elastic. It didn't turn out to be as what it was on Flash. And went to see the rubberband pattern, it was merely just went beyond and back to the final value, when it suppose to be like this graph (http://thisisjust.me/download/poster-easing-fullview.png). Thanks appreciate if this could be fixed. 

Thanks! Great job by the way.
  • Hi! 

I like the Elastic preset, but I have one problem. I have keyframes A, B, C, D. I want to ease A+B and C+D and have the property (position) static between B and C. Elastic doesn't let me do this and creates bouncing in between. 

How can I stop this? Thanks!

Update: ah, never mind. I guess this is the desired behaviour of Elastic preset. I used Quint or Back instead. Thanks.
  • I am using E&W on a HUGE project. 
    And since E&W is applied to almost all animating parameters, the AE file has grown to nearly 40 MB in size because of the many long expressions.

Does anyone know of a way to put the expression itself in a TXT file, and then have AE read from that?
    (So instaed of having the entire expression on each parameter, I would just have "Read from myfile.txt"... )

THANKS!

Jesper
  • A lot of crashes using with elementary + element 3D
  • A lot of crashes using with elementary + element 3D
    Renato, are you on Mac? Element 3D sometimes generates lots OpenGL errors or crashes if you use expressions. There are a few threads about this on the VC forum, a work around was to disable the adaptive resolution if I remember properly.
    This can also happen with Particular and other plugins, but only on Mac as far as I know.
  • Hey there, I've come across an issue with Ease and Wizz where an object being reposition will jump at the beginning of the ease... E&W did this in a major project I was working on, which was harder to show, so I just replicated the problem in a test project. The test shows this being done on very small text and zoomed in, not sure if that's actually whats needed. The length of the jump seems to be based on either the amount of space moved, or the timing of the animation. You can see what I'm talking about in a video here. This is done with the Expo setting (In & Out) on the position keyframes. Please fix this! Thank you.
  • If I want to work with Ease and Wizz and wiggle as another expression in the same parameter where should I edit? Can you show an example. Thank you.
  • Sounds like you should look into iExpressions
  • as much as I like ease&wizz - I still have strange behaviour when using elastic (out, all).
    when converting the expression to keyframes it gets clearly visible:

is this a known issue? am I doing something wrong?

here´s how the animated layer looks like using the expression. it´s just a x-rotation from -89° to 0°.
  • I cant seem to get the plug in to appear in the window tab :( I have been at it for 2 hours now and watched 3 different videos but it doesn't seem to work. I made sure the file was on the outside of the folder. Can anyone help?
  • If its any help when I run the script i am getting this error "unable to execute at line 83. undefined is not an object"
  • If its any help when I run the script i am getting this error "unable to execute at line 83. undefined is not an object"
    Make sure you are using the latest version of the script, currently v2.0.4.
  • as much as I like ease&wizz - I still have strange behaviour when using elastic (out, all).
    when converting the expression to keyframes it gets clearly visible:

is this a known issue? am I doing something wrong?

here´s how the animated layer looks like using the expression. it´s just a x-rotation from -89° to 0°.
    I have the same issue. It's only when applying the expression on a 3D rotation.
  • I have the same issue. It's only when applying the expression on a 3D rotation.

Please open a support ticket and include your project file (just the .aep no footage) and we can look into it further

• Heres an issue I've been having that I can't really find in any other support threads. I have a camera parented to a 3D null for position which is then parented to another 3D null that is used for rotation. I have a scene where we are looking at some text on a 3D floor (simple 3D scene) and instead of just having the camera track straight backwards to reveal more text I wanted it to truck backwards and then use the Rotation Null to rotate the whole thing 90 degrees. The best way I can explain this is to imagine that the camera is parented to the side of a door, and the door is closed. The door swings open and the camera is pinned to it so it creates a 90 degree arc. The position and Y rotation both have Expo (in and out) applied. Right as the animation is finishing and everything is easing in to an end there is a subtle hiccup/jerk/jump at the end. It's very subtle but at the same time very noticeable. 

Wanted to know if there was anyway to fix this. I've tried splitting the null rotation layer (because I know it's coming from the ease and wizz on the rotation null not the position null) and deleting all the keyframes before the two I need. But everything I do i still get that little tiny jerk at the end. 

Any ideas? 
  • If your keyframes and speed graphs are not the same you are always going to have a hiccup.  I would recommend trying to get them lined up.  For fancy camera work you might be better using a tool designed for this purpose like the Simple Camera Rig.
  • @Michael Zoppo
    I think there is always a little tiny jump at the end of an expo out curve. I tried with just two simple 2D position keyframes from [100,100] to [500,100] over 60 frames (f0 - f59). The following x values clearly show this:
    f56: x =  499,4
    f57: x =  499,5    (+0,1)
    f58: x =  499,6    (+0,1)
    f59: x =  500       (+0,4)
    I think this is because an inverted exponential curve never really reaches zero, so the value in the end has to jump to the value set by the keyframes.
  • this is the best script ever 
  • If your keyframes and speed graphs are not the same you are always going to have a hiccup.  I would recommend trying to get them lined up.  For fancy camera work you might be better using a tool designed for this purpose like the Simple Camera Rig.
    Could you explain about this a little more? I also often get this problem and have no idea how to fix it. And I'm not using the script to help animate a camera.

• Could you explain about this a little more? I also often get this problem and have no idea how to fix it. And I'm not using the script to help animate a camera.
    Those are basic animation issues outside the scope of Ease and Wizz. Here is a tutorial that goes into the details of animating using the graph editor.
  • Quick question:
    If I send an After Effects file to another person, will they need the E&W script to honor those expressions? Or will it work without them having the script?

• Quick question:
    If I send an After Effects file to another person, will they need the E&W script to honor those expressions? Or will it work without them having the script?

It will work without them having the script
  • Hey!
    Im having a problem executing the script in my Mac in After Effects CS6.
    I`ve installed it in /ScriptsUIPanels and this error pops up

¨I can't find this file: "inOutExpo-easeandwizz-all.js"

I looked in here:/Applications/Adobe after Effects CS6/Scripts/easingExpressions"

Ive tried then, to create that folder, and the error pops up again, except this time it says

¨I can't find this file: "inOutExpo-easeandwizz-all.js"

I looked in here:/Applications/Adobe after Effects CS6/Scripts/easingExpressions/easingExpressions"

I can't make it work! It worked perfectly in a PC with the same After Effects version.

I have Maverick OS, maybe thats the issue?

Hope you can help me!
    Thanks!

• Hey!
    Im having a problem executing the script in my Mac in After Effects CS6.
    Please make sure you have read and are following the installation instructions in the PDF included with the download. Ease and Wizz works great with Mavericks.
  • Hello
    None of the drop down boxes are working for me in after effects cs6 on mac. Any ideas where I am going wrong?
  • Please make sure you installed it correctly according to the installation instructions in the user guide.
  • Hello,

Just wondering if someone can direct me on how to adjust the magnitude of the ease and wizz "back" function.
    I am looking to make the "back" a little less dramatic and I'm hoping someone can tell me what number I need to adjust in the script. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hello,

Just wondering if someone can direct me on how to adjust the magnitude of the ease and wizz "back" function.
    I am looking to make the "back" a little less dramatic and I'm hoping someone can tell me what number I need to adjust in the script. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!
    You would need to modify the expressions. There is no way of doing it in the UI in the current version.
  • can someone please help?

Ive already placed the files in the ScriptUIpanel folder as indicated. But it still doesnt show up in my panel. Why?
    Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 11.08.30 PM.png
    514 x 82 - 24K
  • can someone please help?

Ive already placed the files in the ScriptUIpanel folder as indicated. But it still doesnt show up in my panel. Why?
    Please open a support ticket for help and please indicate what version of AE and OS you are using as well as screenshot of your Window menu and what the panel looks like when you launch it.
  • I want to use the loop_out cycle on one of my animations and use Ease and Wizz but as soon as I add the plugin it disables my loop cycle.  What is the work around for this? 
  • I want to use the loop_out cycle on one of my animations and use Ease and Wizz but as soon as I add the plugin it disables my loop cycle.  What is the work around for this? 
    You need to either pre-comp it or use Expression Timeline to use two expressions on the same layer.
  • Hi, I've been getting an error recently in both the Type and Keys drop-downs (see attached image). This doesn't affect the Easing drop-down.

Is this some sort of odd reaction with some other script I'm using ("foregroundColor" and "newBrush" don't seem like they necessarily belong in the Ease and Wizz code)?

Thanks in advance!

(2013 Mac Pro, AE CC 2014 13.2)
    Screenshot 2014-12-22 00.01.41.png
    1236 x 105 - 39K
  • Hi, I've been getting an error recently in both the Type and Keys drop-downs (see attached image). This doesn't affect the Easing drop-down.

Is this some sort of odd reaction with some other script I'm using ("foregroundColor" and "newBrush" don't seem like they necessarily belong in the Ease and Wizz code)?

Thanks in advance!

(2013 Mac Pro, AE CC 2014 13.2)
    Yes it's very possible. Scripts share a common memory space so if you are running another script that was not coded properly it can definitely interfere.  Can you try closing all other scripts, restarting AE and only running E&W and let us know if the problem still exists?
  • i have 4 keys for scale. 0-100-100-0. there is bad extra movement between 100-100 only with "elastic"
  • i have 4 keys for scale. 0-100-100-0. there is bad extra movement between 100-100 only with "elastic"
    Hi Mike, I think that's because the elastic easing expression attempts to ease between keyframes 2 & 3, even though they're identical values. Try setting the "Keys" popup to "Start and end" and see if that helps.

Ian
    start and end.png
    426 x 216 - 22K
  • Yes it's very possible. Scripts share a common memory space so if you are running another script that was not coded properly it can definitely interfere.  Can you try closing all other scripts, restarting AE and only running E&W and let us know if the problem still exists?
    Thanks Lloyd, I was able to fix the problem, per your suggestion, by trial and error.

There were actually two scripts that were leaking into the E&W UI: Gridder (which caused the text I highlighted earlier), and then Array leaked some text into the same drop-downs after I closed Gridder.

So, hopefully Gridder and Array will be updated to fix this at some point, but in the meantime, I'll keep them both closed unless I need them.

Thanks again!
  • Thanks Lloyd, I was able to fix the problem, per your suggestion, by trial and error. There were actually two scripts that were leaking into the E&W UI: Gridder (which caused the text I highlighted earlier), and then Array leaked some text into the same drop-downs after I closed Gridder.So, hopefully Gridder and Array will be updated to fix this at some point, but in the meantime, I'll keep them both closed unless I need them. Thanks again!
    Thanks for the tip Jesse, the new version just posted (2.0.5) fixes the conflicts with other scripts. To upgrade please refer to this FAQ:  How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products
  • I purchased Ease and Wizz back in 2010. It was one of my favorite plugins until it broke because of compatibility problems. But my purchase history does not reflect that purchase. What do I need to do? - Craig Wall
  • I purchased Ease and Wizz back in 2010. It was one of my favorite plugins until it broke because of compatibility problems. But my purchase history does not reflect that purchase. What do I need to do? - Craig Wall
    Hi Craig – as Ease and Wizz is a "Name Your Own Price" product.

You can find out more by referring to this FAQ: How to upgrade "Name Your Own Price" products.