animationPATTERNSpro
  • Hi, is this an upgrade to animationPATTERNS v1.21? I purchased that version last year around this time, and from the tutorial, it looks as though PRO is an upgrade rather than a new product.  If so, is there an upgrade price for those of us who have already purchased v1.21?
  • is there an upgrade price for those of us who have already purchased animationPATTERNS?
    Yes definitely! For those of you who already purchased animationPATTERNS there is a 50% discount off the price that you paid for it. https://aescripts.com/animationpatternspro/#upgrade-notice
  • So, what is this script actually about? Because I keep falling asleep halfway the tutorial. I'm considering to extract the audio from the tutorial. It works perfect to get me sleeping whenever I can't seem to fall asleep. Sorry to say the pace you applied on your tutorial is quite somniferous. 
  • Hello, I juste bought this plugin in PRO version, and the UI doesn't look like it should be.
    Some options are missing.

EDIT : Argh... I bought the oldest version... is there a way to have the pro version without paying 17$ more but only the difference (5$) ?

I am on AE CC.

• Hey tonib

Exactly, looks like the standard version... Think we're gonna find a solution for you. I'll send you a message personally to check some details.

By the way if you want to report bugs or you're having problems please open a support ticket. Its easier for us to help you soon then.

Regards
    Markus
  • Hello!

Love this - great idea, great execution.

There is only one aspect I am having trouble working:

From the "Help" you state "Having a huuuuuge project you might get frustrated looking for the "AnimationPatterns"-layers. Hold CTRL/CMD while clicking "Create&Update" to find it again."

I am on a Mac. I have tried holding down CMD, CTL and also CMD+CTL while clicking the button and none seem to have any effect. I am assuming this will open a where the animation patterns layer is contained.

Let me know if you can clarify either why it's not working or if this is indeed what is supposed to happen.

Thanks!

• Hi Declan, 

nice to hear that you like it first of all! 
    You are right! It should open the comp the layer is in and select it. Gonna have a look whats wrong!

Cheers
    Markus

• Hey guys

new version is ready to download, for those of you who had problems with a not-working CMD Key on Mac.

Thanks to Declan for reporting and helping me fixing it!

Cheers
    Markus
  • Thanks very much for the new version and super-quick response, Markus!
  • I'm using AE CC. I recently purchased version 1.01.

Super frustrated right now. I have selected a key frame, clicked apply pattern which brought up the slider-filled null. I have double clicked an effect, specifically rubber in/out, and there are no key frames hence no editable curve. I need to edit this curve. The only key frames that are available are the key frames within the layer being animated. (Btw, I'm animating the position property.)

In your video there were several key frames within your effect controls; this isn't the case on my end. What is happening.

• Markus responded very quickly and helped determine the cause of my issue. The solution was a simple boneheaded oversight on my part; the key frames I couldn't seem to find were at the beginning of the timeline. I highly recommend this script to anyone.
  • sometimes every keyframe of a composition loses the pattern and I have to go one after the other clicking on it, asking for the pattern and applying it one more time. This is very annoying 
  • Hi Pedro, 
    If the Pattern is the right one when you click analyse keyframe then I've got some ideas... Have you maybe renamed the comp the patternlayers are in? This would break the expression and get fixed reapplying a pattern. Unfortunatly there is no way to change this! If you didn't rename anything, please open a support ticket and write me what you did step by step that i can figure out whats wrong.

Best
    Markus
  • sometimes every keyframe of a composition loses the pattern and I have to go one after the other clicking on it, asking for the pattern and applying it one more time. This is very annoying 
    Same problem... 
  • Hey Tonib,

Did you maybe rename the comp your patternlayers are in? Or did you use the "Reduce Project" function of AE? This could remove the patternlayers since items which are only referenced by expressions are not preserved then. Additionally selecting the comp where your patternlayers are in before you do so would help in this case. If you didn't do anything like that please open a support ticket! Easiest way to find out whats wrong would be your .aep when the patterns are just lost. I would appreciate you helping me!

Cheers
    Markus
  • Hey Tonib,

Did you maybe rename the comp your patternlayers are in? Or did you use the "Reduce Project" function of AE? This could remove the patternlayers since items which are only referenced by expressions are not preserved then. Additionally selecting the comp where your patternlayers are in before you do so would help in this case. If you didn't do anything like that please open a support ticket! Easiest way to find out whats wrong would be your .aep when the patterns are just lost. I would appreciate you helping me!

Cheers
    Markus
    Oups sorry... i make a mistake by changing the comp name... thanks Markus !!
    Great plugin (the best for me)
  • Can you use this on keyframes that aren't related to position?  Opacity?
  • Hey kevin,
    yes, on anything but shape properties like maskpaths and stuff.
    cheers
    markus
  • Thanks for the great script.  Just picked up the Pro version.  Looking forward to saving time with common animation curves.  The only thing that I have noticed is that the settings don't stick one AE is closed.  I have to go in to the settings and change the options everytime I open AE.
  • Hi Kevin,
    Thats kind of a strange problem. I can't reproduce it on any machine here. You would help me a lot by openeing a Support Ticket (https://aescripts.com/contact/) and maybe give me a hand to figure out whats wrong.
    Thanks in advance!

Cheers
    Markus
  • Hi Markus,
    will your script work with CC17?
    Thx
  • Hi Markus,
    will your script work with CC17?
    Thx

Hi Markus,

Yes it's gonna work. You can also download the trial to check it out.

Best
    Markus

• What are the limitations for trial version?
  • What about AE 2021? not working anymore???
  • What about AE 2021? not working anymore???

Hey Nicolas,

animation patterns should work in AE 2021. Please try installing it via File>Scripts>Install ScriptUI Panel and restart AE.

Best, Markus 

• Im not sure if this is compatible with after effects 2023 but everything is working opposite expo inOut starts off fast goes slow and then ends fast. Expo out starts slow and ends fast exc...