• Just bought ft-toolbar2 and had a question/request: is there anyway to easily create a "multiple effect" button? (click button to add Blur and Curves for example). I'm guessing learning how to code might be the answer, just hoping there might be an easier UI-based way to do it.

Also, I created a solid, added Particular, changed some settings - then in ft-Toolbar added a new effect button and choose "get effect with parameters" (which switched it to a javascript button) - but when I click my new button I just get Particular applied with the default settings. Am I doing something wrong?
  • hi, is there any way to drop down buttons to create multiple rows of buttons?  right now all my buttons are on one row, id like to make 2 or 3 rows...thanks!
    The toolbar UI will arrange all the buttons automatically. There is some wishes in my todo list to add seperator but it's not there yet. 
  • Just bought ft-toolbar2 and had a question/request: is there anyway to easily create a "multiple effect" button? (click button to add Blur and Curves for example). I'm guessing learning how to code might be the answer, just hoping there might be an easier UI-based way to do it.

Also, I created a solid, added Particular, changed some settings - then in ft-Toolbar added a new effect button and choose "get effect with parameters" (which switched it to a javascript button) - but when I click my new button I just get Particular applied with the default settings. Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes, to be honest Javascripts and "Animation Presets" are fallbacks for this kind of issues. Javascript lets you do pretty much whatever you want. In cases where you can't even use Javascript (because of it's limitation or because you don't know about it), you can save your fx into an animation presets and apply it via a button.
    I'll think about a way to add several effects at once.

cheers, 

F. 
  • Serious issues when having more than one Toolbar is still persistent in CC12.1+.
    The culprit is the drop down menu selector. If you only have one Toolbar, all icons behave properly but as soon as you have more Toolbars, it screws things up.
    So, would it be possible to rethink that option by locking it (non-responsive), smaller and let the icons start to flow below it rather than after it.

One work around is of course (is to do as in Toolbar 1) and have several copies of Toolbar 2. Actually that works even better...
  • It seems as though the site (http://www.smipple.net) with the example scripts has been offline for a while. Do you know if it will return or if there is another resource for common ft Toolbar scripts?
  • I have all of a sudden had a failure of the toobar v2.1. Started returning a "undefined object" and was blank. Removed the script, all configs and references in AE preferences.
    Reinstalled and it does not ask for license, It displays the basic defaults and the settings button does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin
  • Hi, Francois!
    What's up with smipply? it doesn't seem working from my side for a long time.
    Maybe you should change the snippets website to a better one or even some git repo?
  • Hi, Francois!
    What's up with smipply? it doesn't seem working from my side for a long time.
    Maybe you should change the snippets website to a better one or even some git repo?
    I was hopping it would go back online. I'm looking at another solution, I'll keep you update here. 

thanks
  • Serious issues when having more than one Toolbar is still persistent in CC12.1+.
    The culprit is the drop down menu selector. If you only have one Toolbar, all icons behave properly but as soon as you have more Toolbars, it screws things up.
    So, would it be possible to rethink that option by locking it (non-responsive), smaller and let the icons start to flow below it rather than after it.

One work around is of course (is to do as in Toolbar 1) and have several copies of Toolbar 2. Actually that works even better...
    could you provide a screenshot of your issue, I can't seems to reproduce the bug.

Thanks,

F.
  • I have all of a sudden had a failure of the toobar v2.1. Started returning a "undefined object" and was blank. Removed the script, all configs and references in AE preferences.
    Reinstalled and it does not ask for license, It displays the basic defaults and the settings button does nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kevin

Could you provide information about what you did before this happen. either if you deleted the preference file, and reload the script with the same name. It should have found the configuration file. otherwise perhaps you set the config file in another path. 
    Anyway to help you, I need to know what happen before the crash. Was it after creating a new button, a crash from AE, ... ? 

thanks 

F
  • Thanks,
    Did not "do" any action. I have the toolbar resting in my standard workspace. Was working fine. Closed an AE session one day, opened the next day and it was showing an error at so-and-so line: undefined object. The toolbar interface was a complete blank (title bar, nothing else).

Tried removing the configs, preferences script and then re-installed the script.
    Resulted in the toolbar loading with the default buttons there and they worked, but the gear icon does not invoke settings.

Kevin
  • Update: Tried again. System restart. Start AE with the preferences zap (Shift/double-click). Had all ft-toolbar removed previously (config, icons, preferences, etc). Re-install, entered license and it is working.
    I now have to manually reconfig the toolbars...

Mystery....

Kevin
  • Update: Tried again. System restart. Start AE with the preferences zap (Shift/double-click). Had all ft-toolbar removed previously (config, icons, preferences, etc). Re-install, entered license and it is working.
    I now have to manually reconfig the toolbars...

Mystery....

Kevin
    did you remove the config file or made a backup of it ? if you did you can probably try to re-import it. 

F. 
  • Actually used this as an opportunity to clean things up :)

Kevin

could you provide a screenshot of your issue, I can't seems to reproduce the bug.

Thanks,

F.
    Here's a little movie that illustrates the issue:
    www.hecatonich.com/toolbar/toolbar_x.mp4

/ tobias

• Can you make the option of ( get effects ) store more than one effect ?

what I mean in one click only you can generate more then one effects which you are already save it
  • Can you make the option of ( get effects ) store more than one effect ?

what I mean in one click only you can generate more then one effects which you are already save it
    What you need to do is save all your effects (with the settings as you'd like)  as an animation preset and then assign that preset to a button in ft-Toolbar.
  • thanks Lloyd , 

it's good idea , I will try to do it right now

Thanks,

F.
    Here's a little movie that illustrates the issue:
    www.hecatonich.com/toolbar/toolbar_x.mp4

/ tobias

Hey Tobias, 

I sent another mail to Adobe for the bug. I'm waiting there response. 

cheers,

F. 
  • Hi There,

First I have to say that FT toolbar is one of the most awesome scripts I've ever used!
    I have a little request though. Is it possible to make your script work (or combine) with the keyED up script? So that I can bind keys to FT toolbar buttons. That would be really awesome and would save even more time in my workflow.

Cheers,
  • Hi There,

First I have to say that FT toolbar is one of the most awesome scripts I've ever used!
    I have a little request though. Is it possible to make your script work (or combine) with the keyED up script? So that I can bind keys to FT toolbar buttons. That would be really awesome and would save even more time in my workflow.

Cheers,
    Yes and No. 
    Yes because what KeyED does is write into the shortcut.txt file for custom launch script. So I guess Toolbar would be able to do the same. 
    No because it wouldn't make much sense to redo what keyED does. Basically you wouldn't be able to assign Toolbar's features to a shortcut. You can only assign script.jsx to a shortcut. Yet the advantage of those shortcuts is that you can fire them anytime anywhere in the app, because there are registered in the app. 
    In another hand we could decide to assign shortcuts to buttons as well, BUT the script needs to be in focus to get the event of the shortcut. Meaning the panel of the script must be selected before you press your shortcut. 

I don't think it is very handy and it could have some side effects as well, so that's the reason we decided to not go for it. 

cheers,

F. 
  • Hi Francois, 

Not sure if this is possible, but I'm trying call actions from the "add" menu on a shape layer. For example "Trim Paths".  Can't seem to find a way to do it. Any suggestion? (see image attached). Thanks a lot.

idea?image
  • Hey,
    Would it be possible to add support for Hyle?
    Basically add Hyle to the options of Type? (Obviously Hyle needs to be installed)

I will ask Sébastie Lavoie about a headless Hyle that could be run with the text from within ft-toolbar.

cheers,
    Tobias
  • Hello Seb,

Using Javascript :

/*
    Here is all the properties name (aka matchname):

Rectangle Path 1 = ADBE Vector Shape - Rect
    Polystar Path 1 = ADBE Vector Shape - Star
    Ellipse Path 1 = ADBE Vector Shape - Ellipse
    Path 1 = ADBE Vector Shape - Group

Fill 1 = ADBE Vector Graphic - Fill
    Stroke 1 = ADBE Vector Graphic - Stroke
    Gradient Fill 1 = ADBE Vector Graphic - G-Fill
    Gradient Stroke 1 = ADBE Vector Graphic - G-Stroke

Merge Paths 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Merge
    Offset Paths 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Offset
    Pucker & Bloat 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - PB
    Repeater 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Repeater
    Round Corners 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - RC
    Trim Paths 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Trim
    Twist 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Twist
    Wiggle Paths 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Roughen
    Wiggle Transform 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Wiggler
    Zig Zag 1 = ADBE Vector Filter - Zigzag
    */

//Having your shape content selected (ie Polystar 1)
    var property = app.project.selection[0].selectedProperties[0];

if(prop.Contents.canAddProperty("ADBE Vector Filter - Trim")){
    var trim = prop.Contents.addProperty("ADBE Vector Filter - Trim");
    trim.property(1).setValue(20); // set the start to 20%
    }else{
    alert("make sure you have a shape selected inside your shapeLayer");
    }
  • Hey,
    Would it be possible to add support for Hyle?
    Basically add Hyle to the options of Type? (Obviously Hyle needs to be installed)

I will ask Sébastie Lavoie about a headless Hyle that could be run with the text from within ft-toolbar.

cheers,
    Tobias
    Yes we did talk about it, but haven't planned anything yet :)
  • Hi Francois, as you know, awesome script. I use it all the time. However, I'm getting some UI issues. 

Whenever I resize the panel, it creates little scroll bars that block the use of the buttons. Any ideas why this might be going on?
    AE CC with ft-toolbar.v2.1 on a iMac

Thanks!
  • Hey Dave, 

Do you have the very last version of AE CC ? 
    There is a known bug about the scrollbar not at the right size. But the bug of redraw UI should have been fixed a few months ago. 
  • working with ae6. I have tryed to trial version almost for a week and like it a lot! :) but after i wanted to safe a new effects as a btn it crashed and now keep getting this error.
    Unable to execute script at line 3624 undefined is not an object.

is the a soulution for that? Thanks!
  • working with ae6. I have tryed to trial version almost for a week and like it a lot! :) but after i wanted to safe a new effects as a btn it crashed and now keep getting this error.
    Unable to execute script at line 3624 undefined is not an object.
    is the a soulution for that? Thanks!
    We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. For now you can fix it by deleting your config file.
  • in windows 8 after effects cc
    the "general menu settings" doesnt show !!

• Hello! Is it possible to create some kind of "configuration file" for ft-toolbar to share it between remote machines and sync toolbar settings?
  • in windows 8 after effects cc
    the "general menu settings" doesnt show !!

could you create a ticket please ? (https://aescripts.com/helpdesk/index/customer/)
    And perhaps provide a screenshot or screencast. I would believe it is a bug from AE rather than the script itself. 
    If you provide us with a screenshot and your full computer configuration we could report it to AE. 

• Hello! Is it possible to create some kind of "configuration file" for ft-toolbar to share it between remote machines and sync toolbar settings?
    Sure, you can define the path where the config file is saved, for example into your Dropbox or google drive if you would like. 
    Check this out : 
  • Hello Francois, how to do the "separate dimension" and "add keyframe" into ft-Toolbar 2?

I try to figured out but didn't get it. I guess there is a special menu to those button.
    Thank you Francois!

• Hello Francois, how to do the "separate dimension" and "add keyframe" into ft-Toolbar 2?
    You can Separate Dimensions with this javascript:
    try {
    app.project.activeItem.selectedLayers[0].selectedProperties[0].dimensionsSeparated = true;
    }
    catch (e) {
    alert (e);
    }
    And Add Keyframe with this javascript:
    try {
    app.project.activeItem.selectedLayers[0].selectedProperties[0].addKey(app.project.activeItem.time);
    }
    catch (e) {
    alert (e);
    }

• You can Separate Dimensions with this javascript:

Thank you!!! I've looking this feature for very long time!
  • i dont have the "toolbar settings" in ae cc and ae cc 2014
    any help ?
  • i dont have the "toolbar settings" in ae cc and ae cc 2014
    any help ?
    Please open a support ticket and include a screenshot so we can see what you are seeing.
  • Hi, I'm new using Toolbar and I'm still learning After Effects.

I just want to know the scripts codes to add a button in Toolbar to create a Solid and to add a Camera.

Really thanks, friends.

I just want to know the scripts codes to add a button in Toolbar to create a Solid and to add a Camera. Really thanks, friends.
    create a solid : 
    var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){
        comp.layers.addSolid([128/255,128/255,128/255], "Quick Solid", comp.width,comp.height,comp.pixelAspect,comp.duration);
    }

create a camera : 
    var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){
        comp.layers.addCamera( "Cam Name", [0,0]);
    };

cheers, 

F.

I just want to know the scripts codes to add a button in Toolbar to create a Solid and to add a Camera. Really thanks, friends.
    create a solid : var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){    comp.layers.addSolid([128/255,128/255,128/255], "Quick Solid", comp.width,comp.height,comp.pixelAspect,comp.duration);}
    create a camera : var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){    comp.layers.addCamera( "Cam Name", [0,0]);};
    cheers, 
    F.
    Thanks Mr. Tarlier.
  • Hey Dave, 

There is a known bug about the scrollbar not at the right size. But the bug of redraw UI should have been fixed a few months ago. 
    I feel this is still happening. In both CC2014 and CC (on Windows 7), once the toolbar exceeds a certain width the layout switches and becomes rather messy; lots of wasted space, not updating to the panel properly.

• I can´t keep my modifier check box checked!  Every time i close the editor it unchecks the modifier by itself! 

I´m on win 7 CC 2012 

Any thoughts about that? 
  • Bonjour François,

Je suis sur MacBook Pro Retina early 2013 et je tourne sur After Effects CC 2014.0.2 version 13.0.2.3.

Lorsque je tente d'accéder aux réglages de ft-toolbar2 cela fait planter ma session.

Je me retrouve avec la molette qui tourne pendant une plombe et rien ne se passe.

Any idea?  :/

nb: Je précise que je suis sur OSX 10.9.4 également.
  • Hey Dave, 

I feel this is still happening. In both CC2014 and CC (on Windows 7), once the toolbar exceeds a certain width the layout switches and becomes rather messy; lots of wasted space, not updating to the panel properly.

I might have found the bug, but I'm afraid it might brake older version of AE, so I have to check this before releasing a new version. 
    Anyway it should be fixed in next version

F. 
  • I can´t keep my modifier check box checked!  Every time i close the editor it unchecks the modifier by itself! 

I´m on win 7 CC 2012 

Any thoughts about that? 
    I can't reproduce this bug, but I did fix a few other things already, so perhaps that one got fixed in my current development version. 
    otherwise, make sure you are saving your changes when closing the editor. 

thanks, 

F. 
  • Bonjour François,

Je suis sur MacBook Pro Retina early 2013 et je tourne sur After Effects CC 2014.0.2 version 13.0.2.3.

Lorsque je tente d'accéder aux réglages de ft-toolbar2 cela fait planter ma session.

Je me retrouve avec la molette qui tourne pendant une plombe et rien ne se passe.

Any idea?  :/

nb: Je précise que je suis sur OSX 10.9.4 également.
    non pas vraiment :( , est ce que tu peux faire une vidéo de ton écran qui montre le plantage STP ? 

Merci

F. 
  • how to fix error ft-tulbar2 number 3624 to 2014 cc version of AE
  • how to fix error ft-tulbar2 number 3624 to 2014 cc version of AE
    Sorry but we don't understand what your issue is.
  • I might have found the bug, but I'm afraid it might brake older version of AE, so I have to check this before releasing a new version. 
    Anyway it should be fixed in next version

F. 

This is fixed! Thanks!