• Hey,

i use AE in German and English, is there a way to make two commands work?
    For example:
    I have a BTN "Set 2 Zero" it triggers "Zurücksetzen" (thats "Reset" in English).
    If i am in English it can´t trigger the command.
    Of course not, it needs to trigger "Reset" and not "Zurücksetzen".
    So i was thinking, maybe i can type in two commands, like: "Zurücksetzen; Reset", but that wont work. I´m no programmer so, i asume, for you guys that´s a smal thing.

MacPro, CS5

Thanks!

(I need to switch languages, so all the wonderfull scripts you provide, work)
    (I switch, use the script, uvelise exptressions, switch back, work, get the job done, go to my kids.... eat... make some joks... sleep... ;) )
  • I think you'll need to create two buttons.  One for when you are running in english and one for when you are running in German.
  • Thanks 4 the reply!

OffTopic:
    Now that the site is in a new look and AE-Scripts getting even more professional and bigger.
    Maybe (and this is just a friendliy hint, or more a wish of mine) you finde a way to provide scripts that runs in any language.
    I don´t realy know how mutch (more) work that would take, but that would be great!
    Greetings

• Maybe (and this is just a friendliy hint, or more a wish of mine) you finde a way to provide scripts that runs in any language.

Definitely and most do already.  If you run into any more that don't let us know and we will fix that as soon as we can.
  • I cant add solid comment right place! When I add new solid always put this new solid on Project panel. I want to add new solid to comp files. How can I setup this? Even I wrote right name but ft-toolbar dont make new solid in comp? Also when I choose new solid on ft-Toolbar in solid panel make comp size options deactivate? And Text command doesnt work. I choose type Menu and I wrote exact name "Text" dont give any respond?
  • Hey, it would be great to find some pre-made config files with tons of buttons, to use as a starting point. I find it easier to remove a bunch that I would never use, rather than to spend a few hours configuring my own from scratch.
    I'm sure people would be willing to share theirs, if there was just a place to do it. 
  • Yes, I just checked the forums for this...
    Please set up an area for providing scripts etc.
    That way ft-toolbar could be really useful for non-coders as well.
    Hey, it would be great to find some pre-made config files with tons of buttons, to use as a starting point. I find it easier to remove a bunch that I would never use, rather than to spend a few hours configuring my own from scratch.
    I'm sure people would be willing to share theirs, if there was just a place to do it. 

• Hi, is it possible to insert a space between several sets of button in the same toolbar?

Cheers
  • Hi, is it possible to insert a space between several sets of button in the same toolbar?

Cheers
    This is not yet possible, but it kind of will be in next version
  • Hello - I am using ft-toolbar to trigger a script that I've written, which itself calls a nested script.  The nested script wasn't working so I put in

$.write(system.callSystem("pwd");

to debug, it tells me that the pwd is /

so I tried putting an absolute path in there and it works fine.  My question then is I guess twofold : 
    1) can the script launcher be changed to not clobber the working directory?
    2) if not, how do I obtain or construct an absolute path from the script execution directory?

Thanks in advance.

ps.  On a sidenote, I've written a python script to generate all my toolbar icons based on short letter combinations and put in spacers via blank buttons at the UI color I use.  I'll attach a screenshot.  Would anyone be interested  if I share this?
    fs_toolbar.png
    1227 x 96 - 8K

• 1) can the script launcher be changed to not clobber the working directory?

I don't have any control other this

2) if not, how do I obtain or construct an absolute path from the script execution directory?

do a $.filename.parent.fsName will give you the path of your script.
  • Thanks for the speedy response!  I got it working with $.fileName and parsing from there.
  • Hi all,
    i use the align tool all the time.

How can i access this?

say if i use "Center Horizontal Alignment"

• brilliant script that was working fine until a recent relaunch of AE. when i run the script now, i get this error:

Unable to execute script at line 171. Cannot set property version
  • brilliant script that was working fine until a recent relaunch of AE. when i run the script now, i get this error:
    Unable to execute script at line 171. Cannot set property version
    Did you have a crash ? I believe something is wrong with your config file. Could you post it here : http://pastebin.com and send me the link please, so I can have a look a it. 

Did you change the location of the config file ? did you export it before ? maybe into your dropbox account ? 
  • Hi all,
    i use the align tool all the time.

How can i access this?

say if i use "Center Horizontal Alignment"

I believe the only way for you to do it, is via JS
  • Hi , after I copy the ft-toolbar to scripts and run him in AE, cant see a EDIT button in ft-Toolbar ..the window is clear :( Can you help me someone with this problem ? Thanx
  • Hi , after I copy the ft-toolbar to scripts and run him in AE, cant see a EDIT button in ft-Toolbar ..the window is clear :( Can you help me someone with this problem ? Thanx
    Did you put it in the ScriptUI panel ? 
    What version of AE are you running ? 
  • Now its Ok...I restarted AE and PC and Edit button I can already see :)
  • Hi Francois,
    A suggestion for the next version - ability to tint buttons to say 3-4 colours....

1.FX buttons
    2.Expressions
    3.Animated fx
    4. Whatever else needs to be colour coded.

Cheers - Alan.
  • Hi Francois,
    A suggestion for the next version - ability to tint buttons to say 3-4 colours....

1.FX buttons
    2.Expressions
    3.Animated fx
    4. Whatever else needs to be colour coded.

Cheers - Alan.
    hey Alan, 

I wish I could, but it was impossible for now, I do have to check on CS6 though. thanks for the reminder, I'll look into it.

cheers, 

F. 
  • I can't seem to add an item found only in a Contextual Menu. I'm referring to Delete All Markers. Can this be done?
    TIA
    - Roland
  • This script, combined with some javascript programming makes for an awesome toolbar. Thanks, Francois!
  • One suggestion -- "spacers", ie, a 1/2 or 1/3 sized "null" button that you could put between sets of buttons to keep them separate and visually organized.  
  • After getting the scripts set up on one machine, I tried to set it up on the other and now I can't get it to run at all. Error - "Unable to execute script at line 433 - Bad Argument - Invalid image data. I have tried removing the config file, reinstalling a fresh version of the script, and nothing. The config file and icon images were all located in dropbox. I don't know why it works on one machine but not he other.

• Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question ( I'm not much of a AE guru) but or some reason I'm not being able to Dock / Undock the script window, it shows up as a floating window. How can I make this happen?

I'm running AE CS6 on a windows machine.

Ok sorry about that, just found out that the Script needs to be inside the ScriptUI folder - working like a charm!
  • Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question ( I'm not much of a AE guru) but or some reason I'm not being able to Dock / Undock the script window, it shows up as a floating window. How can I make this happen?

I'm running AE CS6 on a windows machine.

Ok sorry about that, just found out that the Script needs to be inside the ScriptUI folder - working like a charm!

Glad to hear that :) 

F.
  • I am trying to find out how to add a script to create a solid and then add an effect to it (so I could click and it creates a solid with Particular, for example). Any resources out there for this kind of info? 

thanks!
    sam
  • EDIT - finally got a few scripts down that I liked (to add Particular/Element 3D/Optical Flares to a new solid), and I added them to the Smipple page, so hopefully it will save somebody else some time in the future.

http://www.smipple.net/tag/ft-toolbar
    I am trying to find out how to add a script to create a solid and then add an effect to it (so I could click and it creates a solid with Particular, for example). Any resources out there for this kind of info? 
    thanks!sam
  • Hey Guys - love the script, I want to add simple custom Java scripts to create solids or other things etc.. I have 2 questions

1) is this a proper script to create a solid (so far its not working):

if(app.project.activeItem){ 
    app.project.activeItem.layers.addSolid(); 
    };

2) is there a resource where I can find AE commands or functions to continue writing scripts.

Thanks !
  • Hey Guys - love the script, I want to add simple custom Java scripts to create solids or other things etc.. I have 2 questions

};

2) is there a resource where I can find AE commands or functions to continue writing scripts.

Thanks !
    I was fiddling yesterday with scripts for this - here's a script for make a new black solid (the "Solid Settings" window doesn't pop up) 

myComp = app.project.activeItem; mySolid = myComp.layers.addSolid([0,0,0,], "Black Solid", myComp.width, myComp.height,1);mySolid.startTime = 0 

-sam

};

Thanks !
    Hi Federico, 

1) 
    var comp = app.project.activeItem;
    if(comp){
    comp.layers.addSolid([128/255,128/255,128/255], "Quick Solid", comp.width,comp.height,comp.pixelAspect,comp.duration);
    }

• Hey Francois, I'm having some issues getting an animation preset to work as a button. I created a simple black to transparent shape layer and saved it as a preset. It works fine when applied manually but doesn't work as a button... Any ideas?

Best,

John.
  • Hey Francois, I'm having some issues getting an animation preset to work as a button. I created a simple black to transparent shape layer and saved it as a preset. It works fine when applied manually but doesn't work as a button... Any ideas?

Best,

John.
    Is it the only Animation Presets you have issue with ? is it store into the Animation Presets folder ? 

• Yes it's in a folder within the animation preset folder...
  • Can you send me the Animation Presets by mail, so I can take a look at it ? 
  • Hey,
    Any luck in CS6 to be able to setup rows/columns of icons. Or sort of "fill" predetermined positions on a selectable grid?

/ tobias
  • Hey,
    Any luck in CS6 to be able to setup rows/columns of icons. Or sort of "fill" predetermined positions on a selectable grid?

/ tobias
    Yes it will be there ;) 
  • Sweet!
    Also: another neat idea would be to do the folder thing like DVRebelTools does.
    But expand it by having a folder for each script that contains a textfile (script) and an png file for the icon.
    Thus it could be easier to provide scripts for other users...

Soooo, any hints on when a new version would be available? ;-)
    Hey,

/ tobias

Yes it will be there ;) 

• Thank you for the script!
    I'm just having the same issue of John Dickinson, a preset of a shape layer works manually but doesn't work in the button. There is a way to fix it? 

Filippo
    I'm just having the same issue of John Dickinson, a preset of a shape layer works manually but doesn't work in the button. There is a way to fix it? 

Filippo
    I'm having the same issue as John and Fili. Saved a shape layer as an animation preset but Toolbar can't make it.
    I love ft-Toolbar!! :)
    Cheers,

Ben
  • Could you guys send me your animation preset so I can make some test with it ?  You can open a support ticket to send it.

thanks 

F.
  • Is there a way to create a menu item or script for "Save As Frame" "File..." (the shortcut keys "Command+Option+S" )  Under the Composition Menu? This menu item is sub grouped. When I create a menu item button that is Mapped to "Save As Frame" it does nothing and when I tried "File..." it was is the same as "Import"  

Also, 
    It would be awesome to have be able to use Shortcut keys to define buttons or even small macros like for the combination of keys IBON to select the current layer in and out and set your work area to that. 

Thank you, 
    Tim
  • Is there a way to create a menu item or script for "Save As Frame" "File..." (the shortcut keys "Command+Option+S" )  Under the Composition Menu? This menu item is sub grouped. When I create a menu item button that is Mapped to "Save As Frame" it does nothing and when I tried "File..." it was is the same as "Import"  

Also, 
    It would be awesome to have be able to use Shortcut keys to define buttons or even small macros like for the combination of keys IBON to select the current layer in and out and set your work area to that. 

Thank you, 
    Tim

Hey Tim, 

Apparently this menu is not accessible via the command Menu, I have no control over that. Adobe defines this kind of things. I don't even have a list of it. Several people asked for it though. Perhaps you can send them a request there : https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform ;

As for the shortcuts, I got lots of request for that, but can't do much. First of all, you would need the script panel to be in-focus, before you fire your shortcut. And even that wouldn't work in all the cases. 
    I'll try to figure something out, but you can also send a request to Adobe so they open up there shortcut system to scripting. (I have been asking several times already, but more people asking is better)

Thank you 

F. 
  • Hey,
    ft-Toolbar2 really messed up my settings when I tried to export the ft-Toolbar2_Config.json file.
    It reverted to the "basic" layout that comes with it. All my buttons and icons are gone.

Figured it out, somehow it created the defaults as well and hid mine. 

Please advice,
    Tobias

• Hey,
    ft-Toolbar2 really messed up my settings when I tried to export the ft-Toolbar2_Config.json file.
    It reverted to the "basic" layout that comes with it. All my buttons and icons are gone.

Figured it out, somehow it created the defaults as well and hid mine. 

Please advice,
    Tobias

Hi Tobias,

I'm sorry about that!
    - did toolbar crashed at some point ?
    - did you change the path where the config file is saved ?
    - do you save into a dropbox ?
    - are you on a mac or pc ?

• Hey,
    - no crash.
    - yes, but I was going to export it to the desktop as a backup file.
    - nope. It is though symlinked (with Dropbox)
    - mac

And of course, not repeatable. But I will investigate further. 
  • Hey,
    - no crash.
    - yes, but I was going to export it to the desktop as a backup file.
    - nope. It is though symlinked (with Dropbox)
    - mac

And of course, not repeatable. But I will investigate further. 
    On dropbox, if you right click on the file, you have a revision feature.

I'll try to figure why this did happen though. 

Thanks

F.

Filippo
    I'm having the same issue as John and Fili. Saved a shape layer as an animation preset but Toolbar can't make it.
    I love ft-Toolbar!! :)
    Cheers,

Ben

Hi All,

I found a workaround to allow FTToolbar to run a Shape Layer Animation Preset.
    Make a button that runs Javascript, and use this code:

{
    app.beginUndoGroup("AddPreset");
    myComp = app.project.activeItem;
    var myEffectsPreset = File ("PATH TO SHAPE LAYER PRESET FFX FILE");
    myComp.applyPreset(myEffectsPreset);
    app.endUndoGroup();
    }

And it will run your shape layer preset.
    I love FT Toolbar!!!

Ben

• Great tip Ben!