pt_ShiftLayers
  • This would be perfect for me if in addition to Ascending and Decending, you added Random. I'm continually needing x-number of items to bop their way on stage in sequence, but I'd like their order to be randomized.
  • Hi Greg, Does this do what you want? https://aescripts.com/layer-random-shifter/

If not, can you explain in more detail how you'd like this feature to work? Also, what did you mean by Ascending/Descending?
  • Hi Paul, I was wondering if it was possible to add a feature to the script: shift all selected layers to the time marker (in Point or outPoint). This would be handy to have several layers start from the same time.
  • Hi Sem, Maybe you're not aware of this but you can do this already by pressing the [ or ] keys. Let me know if you're asking for something different than this.
  • Whenever I open After Effects it displays this error message: http://i.imgur.com/Ci4njY1.png

The script and After Effects work as normal, but it's annoying to click every time I open a project.

Running lastest cc14 win 7
  • Matt Lupo said:
    Whenever I open After Effects it displays this error message: http://i.imgur.com/Ci4njY1.png

The script and After Effects work as normal, but it's annoying to click every time I open a project.
    Hi, i have the exact same problem.
    I'm on imac 5K, running Yosemitee and AE 2015 latest version.
    Any solutions?
  • Sorry for the delay guys. I've posted an update which fixes that launch error when running as a panel.
  • Sorry for the delay guys. I've posted an update which fixes that launch error when running as a panel.
    Don't worry about it, great script by the way.
  • hola!

tengo un problema.

la pestaƱa "shift selected layers" no se despliega.
  • Hi Dani,

Please could you open a support ticket and post a screenshot of the problem.

• Hi Paul,

I'm having the same problem as dani apablaza.

Can't select the stagger option. It doesn't open so I'm only able to use the shift layers option.
  • Hi Diogo, I've been hearing some talk that this could be a bug related to using After Effects with 4k displays. Does that apply in your case?
  • Hi Diogo, I've been hearing some talk that this could be a bug related to using After Effects with 4k displays. Does that apply in your case?
    Not really Paul,

I'm using AE CS6 on a iMac late 09 i7 2,8GHz 20GB RAM with OS 10.11.6

I just noticed that the frames tab doesn't open too.
  • Paul,

Just to let you know that the problem is occurring with other scripts so Maybe theres nothing wrong wit this one.

Thank you.
  • Hi Diogo, Thanks for the additional information, it's very useful to know your AE and OS versions. What other scripts have you had this problem with. Have you been using it in the past without issue or just started using it recently. Have you tried quitting AE, temporarily moving your preferences folder (use button in General Prefs to locate it before quitting), restarting and trying it again?

I did get a report for what sounds like the same thing with another of my scripts but haven't been able to replicate. I've just tried on an iMac OS 10.11.5 with AE CS6 both regular and dockable panels and I'm still not seeing any problems.

As always, I'd encourage anyone having issues to open a support ticket rather than commenting here. It makes it a lot easier to track issues and have ongoing conversations where you'll be notified of my response.

• You can workaround the dropdown issue by blindly arrowing down to the other options.  Have seen this issue with other panels and my HiDPI 4k monitor. Maybe this is Adobe's fault but a fix would be nice.

• Hi Craig, As you say, in a lot of cases you can use the arrow keys to move down through the hidden menu options. It took me some time to uncover exactly what the issue is but I've come up with a workaround which I'm implementing across all my scripts so there should be an update soon.

It's an Adobe bug, seemingly when they made the rest of the UI double in size to display properly on hiDPI Windows displays, they missed the part that draws the dropdown menu bounds, so they effectively draw at half size.

• Hi
    Awesome scripts thanks ! Would it be possible to align layers so as to have a continuous editing ? (i.e. the in point of layer n+1 is one frame after the end point of layer n)
    If you can't do this I would happily edit your own code and improve it myself
    Thanks
    Antoine
  • Hi Antoine,
    After Effects already has that functionality built-in. Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Sequence Layers. 

• Hi!

It's my go-to script for sequencing. Any chance you could update it with more modern UI? Maybe simple one click buttons please?
  • Hi Kamil, please open a support ticket so you can explain in more detail what you'd like to see.

Sadly the 'name your own price' model doesn't work well for encouraging further development (i.e. very few people pay for it) but I'd certainly consider it.

Hi!

It's my go-to script for sequencing. Any chance you could update it with more modern UI? Maybe simple one click buttons please?

• Update to 2023 please
  • Hi Sergey,
    Chances are it already works fine in 2023, although I still need to do testing on my scripts. You may have to install it manually though if you normally use the manager app as it's not tested for 2023 yet.