• Might be a silly question but, once installed, are the codecs from this plugin readable by Adobe Media Encoder CC?  
  • This script only works with After Effects. There is no scripting possibility within Media Encoder (yet, I'm yelling at them for it right now!) but ones there is I will port the script to ME as fast as I can!
  • This script only works with After Effects. There is no scripting possibility within Media Encoder (yet, I'm yelling at them for it right now!) but ones there is I will port the script to ME as fast as I can!
    Perfect. That would be useful for our batches workflow here. :-)
  • Something like this inside ME and PP would be a dream! So let's hope Adobe makes it possible :)
  • Something like this inside ME and PP would be a dream! So let's hope Adobe makes it possible :)
    Exactly.
  • don't work when i hit render, nothing happens :(
  • Sounds weird, can you open a support ticket about it?
  • I am not seeing the, "Change" button on the Output Path space? I extend the window, but cannot see it...everything just extends out.
  • After you have extended the window some, try and restart the script to see if it solved the problem. If not, please open a support ticket and I'll help you.
  • Little question: does it work wher Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously is on?

Cheers!
  • Thank you, no, it does not. I will open a support ticket.
  • Thank you, no, it does not. I will open a support ticket.
    Thanks! That way I will be able to help you better :)

Little question: does it work wher Render Multiple Frames Simultaneously is on?
    Cheers!
    Yes it will! :D
  • Hey!  Your product looks amazing.  Can it render out Pro Res 4444 with an embedded alpha channel in Windows?  Seems like thats a bug that my other windows pro-res encoder runs into.  
  • Hi! Thank you for your comment :)
    I have tried to get ProRes 4444 with embedded alpha channel for some time but it didn't work. I have asked around on FFmpegs forums without any success so far =/ ProRes 4444 does exists within FFmpeg so it shouldn't be any problem but somehow it doesn't work.
    I'm looking for a solution and ones I find it I will add 4444 to the main codec list.

So for a short answer: No, not right now, but hopefully in not a to far future.
  • Looking forward to it!  Thanks Jacob.
  • Hi there,

I tested the Demo, but it doesn't work at all; I can only see that the CMD has some red lines appearing, but then it disappears totally, leaving only the files with the "base codec" I used; why could this be? Can I use any "base codec" or only certain ones?
    I use CS6 on Windows 8.1

Another question: dies this plugin also help reading the files inside AE?
  • Hi there,

I tested the Demo, but it doesn't work at all; I can only see that the CMD has some red lines appearing, but then it disappears totally, leaving only the files with the "base codec" I used; why could this be? Can I use any "base codec" or only certain ones?
    I use CS6 on Windows 8.1

Another question: dies this plugin also help reading the files inside AE?
    Hi! Please open a support ticket and I can help you better.
  • Hi! Please open a support ticket and I can help you better.
    Did that, hopefully we can figure this out :)
  • Hi, having a few problems. Getting 'Unable to execute script at line 86. null is not an object' on After Effects startup
  • Hi, having a few problems. Getting 'Unable to execute script at line 86. null is not an object' on After Effects startup
    Hi! Please open a support ticket, that way I can help you better. Apparently some people have had some random problems and I will soon push out an update to fix this. If we find out your problem that fix will also come with the update.
  • How do I add more codecs? Is it possible to add h264, wmv (on mac) or even xh264 (that solves a color problem with h264). Usually export RAM preview and then use MPEG Streamclip that is much faster and have more options. If this could replace MPEG, then I would definitely buy this script.
  • How do I add more codecs? Is it possible to add h264, wmv (on mac) or even xh264 (that solves a color problem with h264). Usually export RAM preview and then use MPEG Streamclip that is much faster and have more options. If this could replace MPEG, then I would definitely buy this script.
    Hi! If your wanted codec excists in FFmpeg, you can add it! Every codec has it own settings inside FFmpeg so you should look it up.
    I'm working on an update and will look up how to add wmv and x264 to see if I can add them to the default codec list.
  • How do you make a MOV Prores file on a Windows machine? Everytime I try it renders out an AVI. In the advanced output, the FFmpeg name has a .mov but all that renders is an AVI. Any ideas? Thanks.
  • How do you make a MOV Prores file on a Windows machine? Everytime I try it renders out an AVI. In the advanced output, the FFmpeg name has a .mov but all that renders is an AVI. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Hi! After a render, does a terminal window open and run some scripts? If not, please open a support ticket and create a screencast on what you're doing (you can use http://screen-o-matic.com/ to do this) and send me the video.
  • I think I'm having the same issue as Dan Jose - Just leaving everything at default and making sure the FFMpeg is set to ProRes, it exports only audio.
    Are there specific requirements of workarounds you have to do to get the desired result you require?

Do I need to change the setting to lossless (because that as close to a video export that I'm going to get in AEMpeg)

However, I *am* trying this with dynamic Link, so I can see that this may the problem.
    Am I overlooking anything super obvious?
  • Please make sure you have selected a video output for the original file is a videofile and not for example "AIFF 48kHz". If you still have the problem, please create a support ticket and I will be able ot help you much faster :)
  • Just purchased AEMpeg and added the script to After Effects Script UI folder.  In my case, that isn't the default C: location but rather:

D:\Programs\AdobeCS6\Adobe After Effects CS6\Support Files\Scripts\ScriptUI Panels

At first opening the panel, it asks to d/l the codecs then d/l & install FFMpeg.  The CMD window opens & does this, but afterwards still says that it isn't installed.  It also shows Trial mode and I can't find any place to enter my license info.

See attached screen shot.

Any suggestions?
    AEMpeg-Prob.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 258K

• Hi! There shouldn’t be any different where ever your After Effects is installed and a popup asking you if you want to run the trial or enter your serial should come up when starting the script. Of course we will fix it! Please open a support ticket, that way I will be able to help you much better.
  • Actually, I just now sleuthed it out.

When the CMD window opens to install FFMPeg, there's a line showing where the script is installed then a additional path where the executables are, or at least where they're supposed to be and that's under the C:\Users folder.  (see attached).

The thing is, the C:\Useres\...\Executables folder is empty!

Under my D: install, there's a copy of curl.exe and ffmpeg.exe in both my D:\...\Support Files and D:\...\Script UI Panels folders.  Not sure why there's be two copies, but there are.

So, I closed AE and moved the two files from the D:\...\Support Files to the C:\Users\...\Executables folder and restarted AE.  AEMpeg is now happy, says that ffmpeg is installed, recognizes that it's registered & rendered my test comp and then fired up the CMD window to make the conversion.

Anyway, that's mainly why I mentioned having my AE CS6 suite installed on D: as I've run into this issue before where even in the 21st century, programs are arrogantly assuming &/or insisting that they be installed on C:.  Not a major problem once I'm aware of what's going on, but is a bit annoying until then.

If you still wish me to open a support ticket, no problem but I think the main facts are already presented here though.

Thanks for the quick response BTW.

FFMpegInstall.png
    677 x 342 - 51K
  • Under my D: install, there's a copy of curl.exe and ffmpeg.exe in both my D:\...\Support Files and D:\...\Script UI Panels folders. Not sure why there's be two copies, but there are.

So, I closed AE and moved the two files from the D:\...\Support Files to the C:\Users\...\Executables folder and restarted AE. AEMpeg is now happy, says that ffmpeg is installed, recognizes that it's registered & rendered my test comp and then fired up the CMD window to make the conversion.

Anyway, that's mainly why I mentioned having my AE CS6 suite installed on D: as I've run into this issue before where even in the 21st century, programs are arrogantly assuming &/or insisting that they be installed on C:. Not a major problem once I'm aware of what's going on, but is a bit annoying until th
    Thank you really much for this information. No need to open the support ticket if you got it working for you but I will fix this bug for future users with a setup like you. Thank you ones again.
  • Nothing happens when I hit render :(
  • Nothing happens when I hit render :(
    Hi! Please create a support ticket and we will resolve this directly. Thanks!
  • Our company bought this and it worked fine until this morning. 

It gives me the error:
    Unable to execute script at line 1. Expected: ]

When I hit ok, the window opens but I'm unable to alter anything in there.  I can't even add a render queue or change the path.

I'm on PC Windows 7 Creative Cloud CC 2014
  • Our company bought this and it worked fine until this morning. 

It gives me the error:
    Unable to execute script at line 1. Expected: ]

When I hit ok, the window opens but I'm unable to alter anything in there.  I can't even add a render queue or change the path.

I'm on PC Windows 7 Creative Cloud CC 2014
    Hi! Does this happen directly when you open the script? Please open a support ticket and I'll help as fast as I can!
  • in the script absent functions for convenient operation with the names of files and directories. the script is not able to save the last dir. each time it is necessary to specify by hands the file path and write his name. but already there is the name of the composition! too inconvenient.
  • in the script absent functions for convenient operation with the names of files and directories. the script is not able to save the last dir. each time it is necessary to specify by hands the file path and write his name. but already there is the name of the composition! too inconvenient.
    By selecting more than 1 composition the script will automatically pick the comps name instead of what you write in the output. Why the script doesn't always  use the comps name is because many users don't export in the same name as the comp, but it might be a feature to add in the future if it can be good implanted in the UI.
  • Hello,
    After setting things up, I press the render button and nothing happens at all. I'm running CC2014. Any ideas?
  • Hello,
    After setting things up, I press the render button and nothing happens at all. I'm running CC2014. Any ideas?
    Hi! Some people have had this problem and we started searching for the bug but then they stopped the contact, so hopefully you can help me catch this bug ones for all!
    Please open a supporticket and record your screen (using http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ if you don't have a screencaputre software) when you set up your render and send it to me.

Thanks!
  • I just tried this script to see if exporting FLV (preferably with alpha) is possible, but couldn't find it.

Is there a way to import FLV codecs in the Settings (in this script window)?

It would be great, as Adobe took FLV out of CC2014

Thanks,

Jean-Paul de Win
  • Hi! Of course AEmpeg can do that ;)
    Go to settings -> press "Open AEmpeg folder" and open the file aempegCodecs.txt
    Go to the bottom, make two new rows and add this (or save this as a .txt file and merge it):

FLV:
    - codec: flv
    - wrappers: flv
    - presets:
    -- Preset01: -preset fast -x264opts bitrate=300 -acodec libmp3lame

and reopen AEmpeg.

Hope it helps!
  • Hi! Of course AEmpeg can do that ;)
    Go to settings -> press "Open AEmpeg folder" and open the file aempegCodecs.txt
    Go to the bottom, make two new rows and add this (or save this as a .txt file and merge it):

FLV:
    - codec: flv
    - wrappers: flv
    - presets:
    -- Preset01: -preset fast -x264opts bitrate=300 -acodec libmp3lame

and reopen AEmpeg.

Hope it helps!

Ok, thanks.
    I've added the lines, reopened AEmpeg, but get a pop-up displaying: Unable to execute script at line 1.null is not an object.
    When I click OK, I don't get the AEmpeg interface at all. Even with re-starting my Mac, re-installing the script and removing the AEmpeg folder from the Library...

Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks again,

Jean-Paul

• Ok, thanks.
    I've added the lines, reopened AEmpeg, but get a pop-up displaying: Unable to execute script at line 1.null is not an object.
    When I click OK, I don't get the AEmpeg interface at all. Even with re-starting my Mac, re-installing the script and removing the AEmpeg folder from the Library...

Any idea how to proceed?

Thanks again,

Jean-Paul

I tried a lot of ways but couldn't get the error myself. What version of AEmpeg do you run? If you're not running the latest (1.1), please update, delete the AEmpeg folder so it will run a clean version.
    If you still have problems, please create a ticket and I will be able to help you better.
  • I tried a lot of ways but couldn't get the error myself. What version of AEmpeg do you run? If you're not running the latest (1.1), please update, delete the AEmpeg folder so it will run a clean version.
    If you still have problems, please create a ticket and I will be able to help you better.

Thanks for your reply. As posted I did delete the folder. I tried in CC (12.0) and it works, but it doesn't in CC2014. I am using AEmpeg 1.1 trail version. 
    Might it have to do something with my Output presets in AE? I see the script do something in the Render Queue when I run the script.

I can't create a ticket, because I didn't order. I first want to make sure it works...

• Thanks for your reply. As posted I did delete the folder. I tried in CC (12.0) and it works, but it doesn't in CC2014. I am using AEmpeg 1.1 trail version. 
    Might it have to do something with my Output presets in AE? I see the script do something in the Render Queue when I run the script.

I can't create a ticket, because I didn't order. I first want to make sure it works...

Write a ticket anyway and say that Lloyd should send it to me (Jacob Danell), that way I can help you over mail if not possible over the supportsystem here.
  • I've installed 1.1 but it does not work in CC 2014. Does work in CC however.
    I'm on MacOS 10.8.5.

In CC 2014 while launching the script I'm getting this error message:

"Unable to execute script at line 1. After Effects error: this module does not support getting output suffixes"

If I remember correctly some scripting changes were made in the CC 2014 release, maybe that's the reason?
  • I've installed 1.1 but it does not work in CC 2014. Does work in CC however.
    I'm on MacOS 10.8.5.

In CC 2014 while launching the script I'm getting this error message:

"Unable to execute script at line 1. After Effects error: this module does not support getting output suffixes"

If I remember correctly some scripting changes were made in the CC 2014 release, maybe that's the reason?
    Hi! Yeah it seems like there is a bug for osx users on CC 2014 in the latest 1.1. Can you create a ticket and I will be able to help you as fast as possible.
  • WIth the new(est) version, can you embed a straight alpha channel into pro res 4444?  *fingers crossed (windows, not OSX)
  • WIth the new(est) version, can you embed a straight alpha channel into pro res 4444?  *fingers crossed (windows, not OSX)
    It's one reason I create AEmpeg, but how ever I tried creating prores 4444 I never got the alpha to stay. I'm still today trying to find a solution for this but haven't found anything yet, but when I do I will add it to AEmpeg directly!
  • Hello the install of ffmpeg don't work. When i click on install, a commande line window appears and disappears immediately.
    I've download manually ffmpeg and move in the folder C:\Users\PRO-01\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\AEmpeg\executables
    bu don't work
  • Hello the install of ffmpeg don't work. When i click on install, a commande line window appears and disappears immediately.
    I've download manually ffmpeg and move in the folder C:\Users\PRO-01\AppData\Roaming\Aescripts\AEmpeg\executables
    bu don't work
    Please open a support ticket and supply as many details (AE and OS version, etc) and make sure to include screenshots for help with this issue.