Automated Video Editing
  • This looks pretty awesome! Is there a way to indicate the sequence of the video clips? 1-? so the clips are in a particular order?
  • Thanks Shawn
    regarding the sequence I'm not sure I understood what you meant, can you be more specific? did you meant the order of the layers?
  • Hi, there is a strange error that happens when i set my whole project and then click "Do It" there is a pop up that says "Script Alert" The stereo side keys process was not able to be completed, make sure you don't press on the mouse or keyboard while the automated process is running..... (i don't press anything) how you can help me? Thank you!! and keep it up your work ;)
  • I keep getting this script alert message - The Stereo Side Keys process was not able to be completed. Make sure you don't press on the mouse while the automated process is running. wait for the message 'Process Completed Successfully'.
  • I keep getting this script alert message - The Stereo Side Keys process was not able to be completed. Make sure you don't press on the mouse while the automated process is running. wait for the message 'Process Completed Successfully'.
    This issue is fixed on the new version 1.01 that we just posted. You can download it from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  Sorry for the false start!
    This issue is fixed on the new version 1.01 that we just posted. You can download it from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  Sorry for the false start!
    Not yet man! i keep getting this error also with new version, i'm on windows 8 and version 2014.2
  • I have it working now, very cool! I have a couple of requests - would it be possible to have a toggle switch to turn off frame blending in re-timed clips? Would it also be possible to turn off re-timing all together? - I get a few blank frames here and there. Seems to happen when it needs just 1 or 2 more frames to make it to the cut point. 
  • Hi Greg
    I'm happy to hear it's working for you now. I uploaded a new version 1.02 (this also fix the problem in case you uncheck the "Limit Shot Duration" with video layers).
    I will add an option for what you suggested in the next version, thanks for the comment :)
  • Hi Greg
    I'm happy to hear it's working for you now. I uploaded a new version 1.02 (this also fix the problem in case you uncheck the "Limit Shot Duration" with video layers).
    I will add an option for what you suggested in the next version, thanks for the comment :)
    Sorry guys can i know why you guys keep ingnore me? i'm still a costumer! i think i deserve your attention i've wrote two comments and in both of it i've not received any answer
  • Sorry for the delay Fabio, we trying to figure out why it doesn't run for you.
    did you make sure you re-start after effects after installing (copy paste) the new version? 
  • Sorry for the delay Fabio, we trying to figure out why it doesn't run for you.
    did you make sure you re-start after effects after installing (copy paste) the new version? 
    Of course i've restarted AE many times, (after replaced the old version of the script) also, in case of my mistake, i've trashed the AE preferences but nothing.  if you know the way i can help you to understand why don't work with me, i do all the necessary. thank you
  • please write me excatly what AE version you running and in what language? does your audio file is mono? this will work on stereo only. 

• please write me excatly what AE version you running and in what language? does your audio file is mono? this will work on stereo only. 

My version of AE is 13.2.0.49 (CC 2014) i've double-checked the audio and it's in stereo., my language is English (i'm italian but i prefere use Ae in english :D) if you know, the audio must be have a specific format? i use the mp3 version. maybe this can help you also
  • the audio don't need to be in a specific format, as long as after effects recognize it as audio.
    I will check and get back to you
  • My version of AE is 13.2.0.49 (CC 2014) i've double-checked the audio and it's in stereo., my language is English (i'm italian but i prefere use Ae in english :D) if you know, the audio must be have a specific format? i use the mp3 version. maybe this can help you also
    It would be great if you could provide us with a screencast showing your issue. You can use this tool to record it: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/ Please open a support ticket so you can send it to us.
  • I have it working now, very cool! I have a couple of requests - would it be possible to have a toggle switch to turn off frame blending in re-timed clips? Would it also be possible to turn off re-timing all together? - I get a few blank frames here and there. Seems to happen when it needs just 1 or 2 more frames to make it to the cut point. 
    This is a good suggestion, thanks.
  • yes of course... and sorry but i think i'm a little bit unlucky with this :)
  • yes of course... and sorry but i think i'm a little bit unlucky with this :)
    There's lots of version and OS combinations out there and we try to test them all but sometimes there's exceptions but we should be able to fix it once we can see what you are seeing. Thanks.
  • Hi Lloyd, i've done a screencast as you request. i hope i help you to understand the guilty! :) thank you

• I keep getting the "Pro Import After Effects" window popping up whenever I run the script which causes it to stop working after I hit cancel.
  • I came up with a way to use a single instance of a movie to edit with. First I run Magnum the edit detector to chop the footage into clips. From there I use Scene Creator in Monkey Tools and put all the comps it created into the ###Video folder. Worked perfectly. However what I really need after that step is a way to un-comp all those instances. I used Un-Precompose but it's not working as it should. Maybe there's another way to do this that I'm not thinking of. Any ideas?
  • Hi Greg, do you have any problem running the script now ('Pro Import After Effects' you wrote)? because in the next message you wrote, it seems it's working for you.
    regarding un-comp, I'm not sure how you can do it without a third-party script (check on aescript search engine for a solution, maybe this will help: https://aescripts.com/un-precompose/) since my product doesn't have a feature for this yet, it was made to work with video files not comps, but I will take your suggestion into consideration for future update release.
    Thanks 

• Still having a problem. Just wanted to tell you how I was using the script. It works with Comps as is. I tried Un-Precompose but it didn't work correctly for this.
  • I can finally fire my Video Editor!

• Getting an error message:

"The Delete Unused Layers process was not able to be completed."

Then the whole process stops at TIME CHECK. Progress bar shows, but doesn't move. Any suggestions? 

Im using AE 12.2.1.5 under OS X 10.9.5
  • Hi Jose
    What version of the script are you using? (the latest is 1.03). also did you try closing after effects and restart the script in a new project?
    did you change any thing (manually) in the two comps that was created before pressing the "Do It" button?
    did you press on any button while the process was running? (it can stop the process of editing if you do).
    You can download the latest version from  'My Downloads & Licenses' in your account. 
  • This looks pretty awesome! Is there a way to indicate the sequence of the video clips? 1-? so the clips are in a particular order?
    Yes as long as you do not check the "random" button they clips will be edited in the order that they are listed in the project panel.
  • Hi Jose
    What version of the script are you using? (the latest is 1.03). also did you try closing after effects and restart the script in a new project?
    did you change any thing (manually) in the two comps that was created before pressing the "Do It" button?
    did you press on any button while the process was running? (it can stop the process of editing if you do).
    You can download the latest version from  'My Downloads & Licenses' in your account. 

Thank you! I updated and it works perfectly. I was running 1.02. I was under the impression that the download was always the latest one. Awesome. Thank you very much. 
  • Absolutely Love this Script... Bought it within seconds of viewing your video... Quick question,...
    I would love an option to remove the Time Remapping Effect... I'm not a fan of it,...
    Thanks again for an amazing Script!
    Leonard Hasemann
  • Absolutely Love this Script... Bought it within seconds of viewing your video... Quick question,...
    I would love an option to remove the Time Remapping Effect... I'm not a fan of it,...
    Thanks again for an amazing Script!
    Leonard Hasemann
    Hi Leonard
    I'm Happy to hear you enjoy using the script.
    In the next version I'm adding an option to cancel the use of Time-Remapping.
    Thank You :)
  • Thanks Shawn
    regarding the sequence I'm not sure I understood what you meant, can you be more specific? did you meant the order of the layers?
    Hey Gilad,

What I meant is what if I have a series of clips that I want edited to a particular piece of music but it has to stay in an order on the timeline. Clip001, Clip002, Clip003...

Will it do that or does it sequence the clips imported at random. Does that make sense?
  • What I meant is what if I have a series of clips that I want edited to a particular piece of music but it has to stay in an order on the timeline. Clip001, Clip002, Clip003...

Will it do that or does it sequence the clips imported at random. Does that make sense?
    Yes that makes sense and yes you are able to do that. Unless you click on the "random video" option the clips will be edited in the same sequential order that they are in the project panel
  • Excellent! I will make the purchase!
  • Excellent! I will make the purchase!
    Awesome, but don't forget that you can download the free trial and take it for a test drive first if you prefer!
  • Is there a limit to the amount of videos you can put in the folder?    

can you make it so you can also use images and solids?  

that was the main reason i bought it.

another feature i would like is using pre edited clips,  like from a specific comp.  if that isn't possible  how about a random button for selecting a random spot in the clip.   usually the first few seconds of a clip aren't the shots you want.

thanks a lot!
  • Is there a limit to the amount of videos you can put in the folder?    

can you make it so you can also use images and solids?  

that was the main reason i bought it.

another feature i would like is using pre edited clips,  like from a specific comp.  if that isn't possible  how about a random button for selecting a random spot in the clip.   usually the first few seconds of a clip aren't the shots you want.

thanks a lot!
    There is no limit to the number of videos, you can use images even other comps!

Once the edit is done you can easily swap any shot with another shot or comp which I think is what you are asking but if not let us know.

And as for not using the beginning of the clip just use the pan-behind tool to slip the shot to any part of the video while maintaining the in and out points.  This is shown briefly in the demo video at the end.
  • Guys, can you tell me why, even if i add all videos, when i run the script, only some videos are involved in montage. and in most case, even when i use 58 videos, the final montage is long 30 sec or little more. there is no way to fix this?
  • Guys, can you tell me why, even if i add all videos, when i run the script, only some videos are involved in montage. and in most case, even when i use 58 videos, the final montage is long 30 sec or little more. there is no way to fix this?
    Hi Fabio
    If you are using 'Limit Shot Duration' it will remove video shots from the sequence that do not obey the rules (min shot, max shot duration) according to the beat timing.
    Hope this was helpful.
    Thanks
    Hi Fabio
    If you are using 'Limit Shot Duration' it will remove video shots from the sequence that do not obey the rules (min shot, max shot duration) according to the beat timing.
    Hope this was helpful.
    Thanks
    HI Gilad, i've tried both options, i've unchecked all options! so it should load the movies in as loaded in the project panel right? well doesn't! for example, there are some clip on the PP 001.mov 002.mov 003.mov 004.mov and so on but when i push the magic button, in the comp shows clearly randomized also if the "random video" option is unchecked and no all clips are used, also if the "limit shot duration" options are not checked. i don't think that i make something wrong, your script is so clear and so easy to work with
    Hi Fabio
    Hope this was helpful.
    Thanks
    HI Gilad, i've tried both options, i've unchecked all options! so it should load the movies in as loaded in the project panel right? well doesn't! for example, there are some clip on the PP 001.mov 002.mov 003.mov 004.mov and so on but when i push the magic button, in the comp shows clearly randomized also if the "random video" option is unchecked and no all clips are used, also if the "limit shot duration" options are not checked. i don't think that i make something wrong, your script is so clear and so easy to work with
    Hi Fabio

Please download the script from the product page and reinstall, if you still have that problem after that please open a support ticket.

Thanks
    Hi Fabio
    Hope this was helpful.
    Thanks
    Hi Fabio
    Please download the script from the product page and reinstall, if you still have that problem after that please open a support ticket.
    Thanks
    Gilad, i've already did it! i think i have to open the support ticket! :(
  • Hey - a great tool...in it's beginnings;
    just tested your demo - the workflow looks very promising but
    in this version 1.0.3 - it's not precise enough for serious work, IMHO:
    it should offer frequency-based filtering options or similar,
    so to achieve a more dedicated control over whats going to happen
    in the edit phase....maybe a parameter script input or so...?
    When that rolls in - I#m def into Your tool!
    cheers, mate

• Hey - a great tool...in it's beginnings;
    just tested your demo - the workflow looks very promising but
    in this version 1.0.3 - it's not precise enough for serious work, IMHO:
    it should offer frequency-based filtering options or similar,
    so to achieve a more dedicated control over whats going to happen
    in the edit phase....maybe a parameter script input or so...?
    When that rolls in - I#m def into Your tool!
    cheers, mate

Hi, Thanks for the review, I take every suggestion very seriously and will probably will work on something like that (frequency-based) in future release.
    Thank you

• you say you can use images but when i choose "do it" i get this error,

"Please make sure you have 1 Music file (not more than 1) inside '###Music' folder and that you have more than 3 video files inside '###Video' folder before pressing the 'Do it' button

I have one aiff file and countless images

any ideas as to why that is happening? thank you!

• you say you can use images but when i choose "do it" i get this error,

"Please make sure you have 1 Music file (not more than 1) inside '###Music' folder and that you have more than 3 video files inside '###Video' folder before pressing the 'Do it' button

I have one aiff file and countless images

any ideas as to why that is happening? thank you!
    Hi Donna

The script support video files and compositions as it was meant to be in the first place, regarding other elements like photos, I will add this option very soon (in a few days). what you can do meanwhile is to convert each photo to a compisition by right click on a photo and pressing "new comp from selection", than you will not have this problem.

Thanks

• Hi Donna

Sorry for having given you the incorrect info regarding images. To batch convert the images to comps simply select them all and drag them to the New comp icon at the bottom of the project panel. This way you don't have to do them one at a time.
  • Hey Gilad - thanks for reading!
    would be happy to see things grow ;- )
    in the meanwhile - how about two or three more levels of *sensitivity* to achieve higher edit rates..?
    Or is there some tweaking i have overseen..?
    THX!
  • Gilad...just noticed:
    editable minimum shot time now is *3s* - would it be difficult to reduce this to, say 5 or 10 frames?
    cheers!
  • Gilad...just noticed:
    editable minimum shot time now is *3s* - would it be difficult to reduce this to, say 5 or 10 frames?
    cheers!
    regarding 3s minimum shot duration, I will look into it 
  • Can you use photos with this as well or is it just limited to video?  Thanks for your answer.