• Hi Connie,

It's designed for Mac and PC, but you know you can download the trial version and have a play with it first to make sure it's the right script for you.

-Ben.
  • Any chance of an update for CC2014?
  • Hopefully soon, Jason.
  • I just bought this and am on CC 2015 and it doesn't seem to be working properly. Bummer.

Anyone else confirm this? Projection layers are showing up white.
  • Hi! i just bought your script, and im having a problem.  I want to project an image onto 4 planes, recreating a space i want to travel with a 3d camera.  The thing is that i get the image projected onto the planes, but when i animate the camera the projected image don't move accordingly to the animation.  i want the projected image to stand "frozen" and stick to the planes, but it is slipping.  How can i fix this?
  • Hi ! Thanks for the great job !!... I get a lot of noise in full HD since we work in ray-trace in order to get 3D text and reflective surfaces... Is there a trick to soften it ? (I mean : instead of increasing the retrace quality, since it already takes ages to render) Thanks...
  • Hi,

I'm unable to select a layer to project. Are there any workarounds to this issue?

Please see screenshot below.

Thanks

EDIT: I sent Ben an email about this issue, and in less than a day I got a reply back with an updated and working version. Absolutely great support for his product. AE has made a lot of changes lately, and with CC having so many updates it's easy for lots of folks scripts to stop working, but it's rare to get support as fast as this. 
  • Unable to test this script, wont select a layer. it is the same size as comp as required. Really awesome product though wish i could get it working.
  • Hi Ben, I have the same problem as Glenn Perez: I want to do a 3D projection on a static foto in order to move the camera around. However, the protected plane updates in realtime according with the camera, so that there is zero visual effect. The checkbox to "Lock projection" has no effect either. What can I do? 
  • Hi I'm running After Effects 13.8.1.38 on a macbook pro and i don't see Projection in the scripts menu. Any clue?
    thanks in advance

ok I found it out. Wrong ScriptUI Panels folder (older AE version). Sorry...
  • Hey, congratulation for this excellent script. Does it works in AE CC 2017? Thanks in advance.
  • Hi Ben, 

Scratch this: thought i had the latest install... about to test!

just a follow up to Jorge Vega's question... cc2017 compatible? Script was working just fine prior to upgrade. Launch script, no layers available in the 'select layer to project'

Regards 

Richard  
  • Hi Ben, I have the same problem as Glenn Perez: I want to do a 3D projection on a static foto in order to move the camera around. However, the protected plane updates in realtime according with the camera, so that there is zero visual effect. The checkbox to "Lock projection" has no effect either. What can I do? 
    Hi Ben, 

just a follow up to Jorge Vega's question... cc2017 compatible? Script was working just fine prior to upgrade. Launch script, no layers available in the 'select layer to project'

Regards 

Richard  
    Please open a support ticket.
  • Hi Ben,

I'm having an issue with projecting. I followed your instructions in your Vimeo demo, every time I click 'Go', the projected surface is just white, and I get expression errors (specifically the Time Remap in the Projection layer, and the Transform parameters on all the layers in the Projection Base). Is there anything I can do? Thank you in advance!
  • I'm having the same problem as Alessandro! The projection surface just gets white with a hit of dark lines, like corrupted shadows. The projection method (Classic 3D/Ray traced) doesn't make any difference!

This is happening on AE 2017.2 (14.2.1.34)

-EDIT-

This isn't the scripts fault after all! AE was producing weird 3D camera solves with my footage, with huge camera angle lenses! The script is rendering just fine with a correct solve!

Ben, thank for your direct and swift response!!!   
  • Just ordered the plugin but can't get it to work!
    When I open the panel I get a Script Alert "TypeError: undefined is not an object".
    Then an After Effects message "Unable to execute script at line 7827. undefined is not an object".
    Please help!
    Windows 10, AE 14.2.1.34, Projection v1.02x84
  • Awesome script!   I did notice planes I have right up on the camera get hotspots from the lights but I managed to fix the issue by setting the nested (white) plane to not accept lights and setting it's ambient to 100%, and killing the tint plugin that makes it gray.  Anyway saved me a TON of time on some faked 3D photos. 
  • Please update script for version 2019, I'm getting errors in the script. Thx
  • Hi Ben,

Is it possible to install this on PC and a laptop? I'll need to take this to a shoot so would be ideal if I could install on my workstation as well as my laptop. There will only be one user at any time (me).

Thanks,

Tom
  • Does this work with AE CC 2019? I'm getting an error when trying to use the demo.
  • Ben

I get this error "TypeError: undefined is not an object".
    Then an After Effects message "Unable to execute script at line 7827. undefined is not an object".
    I hope there is a fix for this. I am falling behind on a film project. I get the same error on After effects 2017, 2018 and 2019. What gives?
  • I was getting that same error under AE 2018 & 2019 while opening the interface using the trial. Not sure if it has to do with the resolution limit of the trial (1280x720) but after opening the Test project that comes with the trial, the interface opens fine without errors; even after closing AE.
  • Same problem "TypeError: undefined is not an object". AE 2018 Please advise!
  • Hi .. projection don't work in CC2019. Can make an upgrade please !

Tnx !
  • I think the UI code needs to be updated to work in CC2019. It's broken and unusable as it is :(
  • Mr. Alvarez,
    It would be nice if you could reach Mr. Rollason with a single request.
    Information: if he will or not continue to develop and support his product..
    It has been almost 2 years with no information ...  a basic principle to his customers 
    thank you very much

Hi Ben, I have the same problem as Glenn Perez: I want to do a 3D projection on a static foto in order to move the camera around. However, the protected plane updates in realtime according with the camera, so that there is zero visual effect. The checkbox to "Lock projection" has no effect either. What can I do? 
    Hi Ben, 

Regards 

Richard  
    Please open a support ticket.

• Hey guys ! projection is not working on cc 2019 ! Please upgrade it ! i need it to work ! thanks you !
  • Hey guys, does anyone know if this plugin is currently working? 
  • Hi! I want to use it exactly like in the examples, but its not available anymore. Is there a way for doing something similar with the recommended script Projection 3D easily?