Slice it Up Cinema 4D
  • How do I apply my license code?
  • You will find Info button under the Generate tab. Enter your license there.
    Cheers.
  • This is what I see in R12. https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3g1ejrkknvkoni/slice_it_r12.png?dl=0
    Apparently there was R12 related bug. Fixed this issue in v1.01. Please download plugin once again. Sorry for inconvenience.
  • Hi Thomas, 

Have just bought your plugin for Cinema 4D. 

How do you add a texture to your extruded slice it up object?

Paw
  • Hi Paw.
    Simply create new material in Material Manager by either double-clicking on selecting Create -> New Material and drop it on Extrude Numbs in Object Manager.

Cheers.
  • Hi Thomas

I mean, how do you stick the texture to the slice pieces?

Please see the attachment.

• Hi Paw, sorry for late reply. Indeed, it does not work this way. There's no way to stick textures to individual slices. I will investigate this issue and will release an update if I come up with workable solution.

Cheers.
  • Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply, looking forward to an updated version :)

Paw
  • Hi P.K.
    As of version 1.1 you can now generate mesh right from the plugin. This way your textures stick as they suppose to. For more info on how to map them correctly, please check video tutorial.

And thanks for suggesting this idea - this is a really good feature.
  • Any chance of a R17 update?

Gary
  • Hi Gary.
    Yes. I am working on an update for R17 now. Should be live in couple of days. Will let you know when it's up.

Cheers.
  • I am trying the demo version in R13 on a Mac. The Generate Mesh function does not work and when checking the box to activate it the Slice it Up masks simply disappear. The only way I can use it is with an Extrude NURBS object. 

Any ideas?
  • Hi James. Thanks for reporting it. Indeed there's a little bug in my plugin.
    Will fix it today.

Thanks.
  • Hi James once again.
    I fixed this bug in version 1.2.2 - feel free to take it for a spin.
  • is it possible to use this plugin to slice vectors made by Tools4d's "VectorPro",, 
     if so, it would be amazing to have parametric slicing over animated vectors...
    i just tried with this demo but didnt seem to work,, 
    but maybe i'm missing a work around or something? or maybe its a demo limitation?
    if there's a way i'll definitely buy this plugin straight away
  • Hi Weird Code. I haven't tested my tool with Vector Pro yet. I will try to investigate it and will give reply on this matter in a few days.

Cheers.
  • Hi Weird Code. I haven't tested my tool with Vector Pro yet. I will try to investigate it and will give reply on this matter in a few days.

Cheers.

ok cool,, thanks for speedy reply,,,,  i've been trying a bit more,,, hoping maybe there was a way via combination of mo-spline/xpresso/cv-art-smart,,,, but still no luck : (
    would be so great if it worked

• Tom, 

1) When will you release R17 version ?
    2) Will it be free upgrade from R16 ?

Thanks.

• Hi Vladan.
    1. There's a bug in C4D that prevents Slice it Up to work on R17 - it's a known bug that will be fixed in next Service Pack;
    2. Yes, all updates will be free of charge.
  • Hi guys. Good news in a camp - please update Cinema 4D version to at least R17.048 for Slice it Up C4D to work as expected.
    There was a slight bug in R17.016 & R17.032 that prevented Slice it Up C4D to work.

Thank you for your patience.
  • Hey there,
    I purchased the C4D version but not sure how or where to input my license code.
    Cheers.
    /R

• Sorry Ryan.
    You can enter Licence under Generate tab -> down below there's an INFO button. Enter license in that window.

Cheers. 
  • Is there a way to cross-slice an object ? So not only slice from one angle (i.e. 45 degree) but also slice from the opposite angle (i.e. -45 degree) ? 

• Hi Auke.
    I am sorry, but you cannot do this in current version.

But this sounds as a good feature, will add it to feature list.
  • HI Does this work in the latest Cinema 4d R18 version?

• Hi Susan.
    Honestly, I havent tested on R18 yet. Feel free to get trial version and take it for a spin. Cheers.

HI Does this work in the latest Cinema 4d R18 version?

• Will you update the plugin for r21 compatibility. The bevel options are broken.