MochaImport Plus
  • Ok, I could reproduce the issue and work on a solution.
    Workaround for now:
    use the normal AE method to open clips in mocha (with the menu command "Animation->track in mocha AE").
    If you need to send masks from AE to mocha, you can still use the "Track in mocha " button of MochaImport+. it will create the needed project file, it just fails to start mocha afterwards. But you still can launch mocha in another way and open the created project file manually. it is located in the subfolder "MochaTracks" within the folder where the footage file is located.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Hi Adam,
    I just published a new version (4.44) that fixes the issues with AE CC 2014. You can download it from the 'My Downloads & Licenses'  section of your user account.  

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • I am experiencing an issue trying to open Transform track data file created in Mocha 4. 
    MochaImport claims "The data in your file seems to be no valid tracking data"

I notice that the Mocha 4 Transform data no longer includes the anchor point data. Which I believe is what is causing the error in MochaImport.
  • Hi Jason,
    thank you for pointing me to this issue. You are correct, MochaImport+ expects anchor point data.
    I will take a look right now and fix it as soon as possible.

Cheers
    Mathias
  • Hi Jason,
    I just released an update. MochaImport+ 4.45 now properly supports transform and corner pin data from mocha 4.

To update either download the free update from your customer account or download and install the trial from here: https://aescripts.com/mochaimport/
    (If you already have a license installed, the trial will automatically turn into the full version).

Cheers
    Mathias
  • Hi Jason,
    I just released an update. MochaImport+ 4.45 now properly supports transform and corner pin data from mocha 4.
    Outstanding!!!!

Now, when are you coming out with a MORE ADVANCED auto-lipsync tool? ;) I could use one right about now. :)
  • You are welcome :-)
  • Hi Mathias,

just downloaded the new 4.45, but still got two issues with ae cc 2014.

i click on track in mocha and mocha pro opens. 

But it brings up a message about the project file was created in an old version of mocha and it has to update it to version 4. 
    that should have been fixed with the new version, right?

after that it doesn't load the clip, because it has the wrong path. The message it's like: 
    Failed to open file '/Volumes/Volumes/HD-Name/Folder-Name/File-Name.mov
    No idea why it takes the Volumes twice. After relinking manually, it works.

Any idea?

Thanks for your help!
  • Hi Fabin,

the message that the project needs to be converted to V4 is normal, since MochaImport+ can only generate the V3 format. But the wrong path is strange.
    Please open a support ticket and provide:
    • the mocha project file as generated by MochaImport+ (before it is converted to V4)
    • the project converted to V4
    • if possible also the footage
    Then I will try to reproducte the issue and see what I can do.
    MI+ 4.45 just fixed some issues with the tracking data import, since the format of the transform data changed. But the texts I did with generating projects worked fine, except for the message that the project needs to be converted.

Cheers
    Mathias
  • Thank you Mathias!

I tried some other projects on other drives. Always works just fine.
    Just with the RAID-Configuration I use: always same problem.. I will do some testing, when I got the time.

Thanks again!
  • Hi Fabian,
    does it work with mocha AE or mocha Pro V3 with your raid configuration?
    If this is the case, maybe the conversion of the project to V4 is buggy.
    I also talked to the dev team of Imagineer Systems. If you have a V3 sample project (from MochaImport+ or also any other) that has a correct path and changes to the wrong path when converting to V4, they would be very interested to see it in order to fix the issue.
    You can also send me such sample projects by opening a support ticket

Cheers
    Mathias
  • Hallo,
    ich wollte MochaImport+ kaufen und teste gerade das Script mit Autolipsync .
    Alledings habe ich ein Problem mit After Effekts CC und dem Mocha Script. Masken zum Tracken habe ich erstellt,
    Aber wenn ich das Script starte und in Mocha tracken auswähle, findet er mein File nicht. Relink Media Fenster erscheint - kann auch meine mp4 Video Datei auswählen, danach erscheint folgene Fehlermeldung: The Clip used by the project no longer contains all the frames previously used und dann ist schluss.

Schade hätte es gerne gekauft da ich Auto lipsync auch schon gekauft habe wäre Mocha zum tracken ideal gewesen.
    Leider bin ich auch anfänger in After effekts und kann daher den Fehler nicht nachvollziehen ..

Evtl eine Idee??

Danke und bis bald
  • Hallo Christian,

das hört sich sehr start danach an, dass mocha dein mp4 Format nicht unterstützt. Da hat mocha leider immer mal wieder Probleme. Das gleiche Problem wirst du auch bekommen, wenn du probierst den Videoclip über den "normalen" Weg im AE-Menu nach mocha zu senden (Animation->in mocha verfolgen). Da wird er dir vermutlich sagen, dass der Clip 0 frames hat.
    Als Lösung kannst du das Video in ein anderes Format umwandeln. Am einfachsten exportierst du in After Effects eine png-Image Sequenz.

Zweite Alternative: Statt mit MochaImport+ kannst du auch mit MaskTracker+ tracken. Das ist einfacher (keine Formatprobleme) aber teilweise nicht ganz so akurat wie mocha:
    https://aescripts.com/masktracker-plus/
    MaskTracker+ kann auch die stabilisierten Unterkompositionen erzeugen, die du für Auto Lip-Sync brauchst.

Viele Grüße
    Mathias
  • Hallo Mathias,
    danke für die super schnelle Antwort.
    Ich habs mit masktracker+ getestet funktioniert, und soweit habe ich es ein bisschen verstanden, alle Masken geladen, aber wie ich die Tracker-Daten mit Auto Lip-Sync verknüpfe kapiere ich einfach noch nicht, aber ich werde weiter daran arbeiten und dahinter kommen *g* schade das es davon kein Tut gibt..
    Mocha+ wäre halt wegen dem vorhanden Lip-Sync Tut perfekt gewesen..

Ok wollte mich nur bedanken für das Tool und deine schnelle Hilfe.

gruß
    Christian
  • WIe gesagt, mit MaskTracker+ eine stabilisierte Unterkomposition erzeugen. Ist hier grob beschrieben (Kapitel 5 und 6): http://mamoworld.com/tutorials/masktracker-depth-tutorial
    In der stabilisierten Unterkomposition arbeitest du dann genau wie in der sonst von MochaImport+ erzeugten Unterkomposition.
    Viel Spaß beim Experimentieren,
    Mathias
  • This is just a minor cosmetic feature request but would it be possible to make the Mocha Import+ UI adjust with UI color of AFX? I have my workspace set to the darkest color possible and MI+ with it's bright grey UI sticks out quite a lot.
  • Thank you for the feedback, Pascal. I added it to my list of feature requests.
    This is not really simple, since the custom UI elements like the red and green dots are based on images and these images cannot have a transparency. Hence, if I just update the bg color, you would see a nasty border around those elements. But I will see what I can do.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Hello. If we buy a new pc (or update our hardware), can we use our existing license on it, providing not using the license on our previous pc? Do we have to buy a new license?
  • If you want to move your license to another machine, please open a support ticket
    Cheers,
    Mathias

• HI,

I upgraded to Mocha 4.1 and then upgraded Mochaimport+ to 4.46. But after that I can't get clips into Mocha by using the "Import Button" > "Track in Mocha". The script asks to make new oder overwrite the existing but it doesn't open Mocha. After installing 4.45 it works again, but it says that this was "created in an early version or so". What I'm doing wrong?

Cheers
  • Hi Krystyna,
    the note that it was created in an earlier version is normal for mocha 4, since MochaImport+ creates projects in the mocha 3 project format. You can just click "no" to do not save it as a new file and the project will be converted to mocha 4 format without issues.
    For the issue with 4.46: MochaImport+ has an option to choose which version of mocha you want to use. To set this option click MochaImport+'s cog wheel icon to reveal the settings and make sure it is set to the version of mocha you want to work with.

Cheers,
    Mathias

• Hey Mathias!

I d/l the trial, and I love what you've done. In theory it seems to be exactly what I'm looking for. However, I'm unable to get it to do what I'd like.

Here's the situation. I have footage shot on green screen. It's been keyed out via Keylight. I'm then using auto trace on it's alpha to create an animated mask. Within AE it looks great. Now I'd like to bring that animated mask into Mocha. Now if I create a simple mask (not using auto trace) and keyframe it, it imports just fine. However, the autotraced mask just hangs with the stopwatch cursor. I've been patient and tried to let it run/do its thing, but it doesn't seem to want to actually open it up in MochaAE.

I've opened the "force quit" window to see if AE is locked up, and it seems to be just fine.

My guess is that the auto trace feature is probably making masks with a diff number of vertices at every keyframe making MochaAE unable to import. Any thoughts?

If this can be sorted, I'd def like to purchase a few licenses.

Additional info that may be helpful:

My test clip/project is 1920x1080 at 59.94 with a duration of 3 seconds. I'm running AE CC 13.2 on Mac OSX 10.10.1 with 32GB of ram. Also my end result is to really get this autotraced mask into Nuke, and Mocha and Nuke seem to play nice.

Thanks!
  • Hi Tim,
    could you please open a support ticket here and attach the project file?
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    Then I can check what is going on.

My guess is that the number of vertices changes over time. This is something not supported by mocha, but if this is the issue, I could convert the mask in a mask with constant number of vertices before export.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Sounds great. I just rebuilt a similar project since I'm unable, due to NDA, to hand off the original file. It has the same issues as the previous.

Thanks!
  • Hi Tim,
    thank you for the sample project. In deed, the problem is the changing number of vertices in the mask which is currently not supported by MochaImport+.
    I recommend to use mattes instead of masks in mocha as shown here: http://lesterbanks.com/2014/05/exchanging-versatile-mattes-mocha-pro/
    Alternatively you can use the script I attached to your support ticked to convert the mask in a mask with constant vertex count.
    Cheers,
    Mathias
  • So I'm in the middle of a project using Mochalmport+ in After Effects... But for some reason today when I went to send my tracking data from After Effects to the Mochalmport+ plugin it keeps coming up with this "error" message and wont transfer over.... How do I fix this??

-Jen
  • Hi Jennifer,

could you please open a support ticket and send me a screenshot of the error message and explain in detail what steps you are doing?

Also, make sure you are using the most recent version of MochaImport+ (4.47)
    The transform data format changed, for example, in AE CC 2014 such that older versions of MochaImport+ cannot read this format.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Hello Mattias ;-) 
    I'm loving your software, I keep following your Talking Porsche tutorial following with you step by step (but doing it on my character) but I keep coming up with a problem that I can't quite overcome without asking you for some help please....
    When I get the Pen tool out to make a mask, I do that with RotoBezier , I do 3 of them like you, I put them all in layer 1, (I drew the masks on the last frame like in your tutorial, but when Mocha comes up, I go to the last frame and the masks are a long way off, and they stay that far off all throughout. Do you know what I am doing wrong or have configured wrong? I also see half my background missing as well so I am sure I have something to do like tell it a different frame rate or something but I don't know how to do that,, I'm lost when it is not in your tutorial, when I use Auto lip sync when my character is not moving, it works wonderfully, but these moving bits, I am currently Lost. 
    I have attached 2 screenshots to show what I mean, I feel I am making a basic rookie mistake , but I don't know how to progress so I thought I would ask for help, Thank You very much 
    Best Wishes Pete
    Screenshot 2015-05-23 09.54.51.png
    1366 x 768 - 472K
    Screenshot 2015-05-23 09.55.11.png
    1366 x 768 - 420K
  • Hi Pete,
    in the screeshots it looks like the masks are in the correct place (roughly in the middle of the scene at frame 59), but the footage looks stretched in mocha. Note that in mocha the entire couch at the right is not visible.
    Probably the pixel aspect ratio is wrong in mocha.
    Could you please send me the footage? If it is an image sequence, it is sufficient if you send the first 10 frames or so.
    Best open a support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/ and attach the footage to the ticket.
    Then I will check whether I can reproduce the issue here.

If you open the same footage in mocha by creating a new project in mocha manually, is the clip also stretched and clipped like this?

• Hello Mattias ;-) 
    Thank you very much for replying , I really appreciate it, I just tried loading it separately in Mocha and yes it is the same issue of a different ratio where you can't see the couch. 
    I will open a support ticket & upload. Thank you very much, I have watched your 2 Auto Lip Sync tutorials so much I feel I am talking to my long lost German Cousin ;-) very cool 
    Best Wishes Pete 

Hi Pete,
    in the screeshots it looks like the masks are in the correct place (roughly in the middle of the scene at frame 59), but the footage looks stretched in mocha. Note that in mocha the entire couch at the right is not visible.
    Probably the pixel aspect ratio is wrong in mocha.
    Could you please send me the footage? If it is an image sequence, it is sufficient if you send the first 10 frames or so.
    Best open a support ticket at https://aescripts.com/contact/ and attach the footage to the ticket.
    Then I will check whether I can reproduce the issue here.

If you open the same footage in mocha by creating a new project in mocha manually, is the clip also stretched and clipped like this?

• Hi Pete,

your issue is in deed a bug in mocha (not in MochaImport+).

I did some
    tests with your footage in different versions of mocha. It works fine on Mac OS
    with mocha CS6 but on Windows it does not work with mocha CS6. It looks
    like Imagineer Systems has fixed this bug in newer versions, since also
    on Windows it works fine with mocha CC 2014.

Hence, you can either

- use a different file format (I recommend tiff, jpg or png image sequences) or

- get a newer version of mocha (i.e. buy mocha Plus or mocha Pro or subscribe to Creative Cloud)

Cheers,

Mathias
  • Hey, Just began experimenting with mochaImport plus in AE CS5.5. It works well up until I try to make a stabilized precomp. I keep getting an error message, which I attatched. I have used it in combination with autolipsync. The "TopLeft" tracking info doesn't translate, and is missing within the CC Corner pin effect. Can't really use the tracker with out it. Any insight on this problem would be helpful. Thanks.

Paul

error1.JPG
    513 x 231 - 22K
  • Hi Paul,
    this looks like the "Live Expressions instead of keyframes" option causes some issue on your machine. Could you please open a support ticket here
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    and provide the following infos:
    1. does it work when you uncheck the option "live expressions instead of keyframes" when creating the stabilized precomp
    2. After the error message occurred, the four corners of the corner pin effect have expressions applied (i.e. the values are shown in red), but for the "Top Left" corner, the expression is disabled due to the error. Does it work if you reenable the expression by clicking the equal sign next to the yellow triangle (see picture)

3. could you maybe send me your AE project or at least the file with the mocha tracking data?

Cheers,
    Mathias
    Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 22.25.36.png
    934 x 314 - 60K