• Hey, OtherCubed.

I downloaded a trial of this script, and it's really powerful, I must say! It's awesome but takes a long time to preview...I only did five shapes, no background, at half-resolution and it took quite a while to preview 5 seconds (I have 36Gb of RAM, so it should be able to handle it). Is that normal?

Thanks in advance!
    Peter Baker

• Hey! It'll count more on the CPU/GPU speeds than the RAM.

It'll also be affected by use of motion blur/depth of field effects, so when possible it's best to keep these disabled until you're happy with the animation!

There's a couple more tips in the FAQ section over at http://www.othercubed.com/vigoro-help

Hopefully this helps!
  • Hi OtherCubed,

So, I'm not an idiot - I know how to read, and the compatibility specs clearly state CS 6 and above, but I'm running CS 5.5 and desperately want to use Vigoro (and Circles, for that matter). Can you confirm for me that Vigoro absolutely won't run in CS 5.5, or is it just not tested that far back?

• Hi OtherCubed,

So, I'm not an idiot - I know how to read, and the compatibility specs clearly state CS 6 and above, but I'm running CS 5.5 and desperately want to use Vigoro (and Circles, for that matter). Can you confirm for me that Vigoro absolutely won't run in CS 5.5, or is it just not tested that far back?

Hey! A lot changed with CS6, so unfortunately it won't work with any versions below. By all means try, but from previous correspondence with other users who have tried it doesn't seem to work. Sorry!
  • I can't understand how to create text properly. When I click 'add text layer' it just makes some white text.  I went through the text settings but doesn't seem to make coloured vigoro type style like the shapes.   Anyone can advise please. I have 'same as shape' , 'text fill' and 'text stroke' all ticked.
  • I can't understand how to create text properly. When I click 'add text layer' it just makes some white text.  I went through the text settings but doesn't seem to make coloured vigoro type style like the shapes.   Anyone can advise please. I have 'same as shape' , 'text fill' and 'text stroke' all ticked.
    Hey! Text is colored in the same way as the Vigoro shape layers - through the controller>appearance>colors panel! You'll need to color your text through there, or use the custom layer controls to set the color :)
  • HELLO OTHERCUBED! I RECENTLY PURCHASED VIGORO AND ANYTIME I TRY TO CONVERT A LAYER WHETHER IT BE A VIDEO/COMP/SHAPE/IMAGE, THE LAYER DROPS DOWN IN THE PANEL BUT DOES NOT PICK UP ANY OF THE CONTROLLER FUNCTIONS....PLEASE HELP WITH THIS AS THIS IS THE MAIN REASON FOR THE PURCHASE.
    Hey! Text is colored in the same way as the Vigoro shape layers - through the controller>appearance>colors panel! You'll need to color your text through there, or use the custom layer controls to set the color :)
    Yes but how do I get text like in the video with multiple layers? Do I have ti click the create text button multiple times? Also how do I hide the shapes if I want only text? It does not allow me to make text unless I have shape already. There really needs to be more extensive tutorial for this. All there is at the moment is a list of what each fx control does. It's not very well supported and for the cost it should be
    Yes but how do I get text like in the video with multiple layers? Do I have ti click the create text button multiple times? Also how do I hide the shapes if I want only text? It does not allow me to make text unless I have shape already. There really needs to be more extensive tutorial for this. All there is at the moment is a list of what each fx control does. It's not very well supported and for the cost it should be
    Once you've created your text layer you can set it up how you want (font, size etc.) and then duplicate it as many times as you want (keeping them within the Vigoro stack)! You'll then have the multiple text layers as in the videos.

You can also delete the shape layers at will if you don't want them to be in the composition any more!

If you've got an idea for a specific tutorial, please open a support ticket - We've done the best we can to provide a fairly extensive support and help section over at www.othercubed.com/vigoro-help !
  • Hi othercubed, this is an awesome product and i think it could be very helpful for me.
    But i am having an issue with the panel window, check these images:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjipvh43vl2nmqi/Captura de tela 2015-02-09 10.53.22.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqhbd2vy2oe4j4k/Captura de tela 2015-02-09 10.53.26.png?dl=0
    all controls are "justified" to the right and i cant reach some buttons. Any solution?
  • HELLO OTHERCUBED! I RECENTLY PURCHASED VIGORO AND ANYTIME I TRY TO CONVERT A LAYER WHETHER IT BE A VIDEO/COMP/SHAPE/IMAGE, THE LAYER DROPS DOWN IN THE PANEL BUT DOES NOT PICK UP ANY OF THE CONTROLLER FUNCTIONS....PLEASE HELP WITH THIS AS THIS IS THE MAIN REASON FOR THE PURCHASE.
    This should now be fixed with 1.03!

Hi othercubed, this is an awesome product and i think it could be very helpful for me.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjipvh43vl2nmqi/Captura de tela 2015-02-09 10.53.22.png?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/pqhbd2vy2oe4j4k/Captura de tela 2015-02-09 10.53.26.png?dl=0
    all controls are "justified" to the right and i cant reach some buttons. Any solution?
    Hey! This should now be fixed in v1.03 - if it's still happening, try using the panel in legacy mode. If it's not fixed with 1.03 please open a support ticket so we can figure it out a little more in-depth!

Hi othercubed, this is an awesome product and i think it could be very helpful for me.
    Hey! This should now be fixed in v1.03 - if it's still happening, try using the panel in legacy mode. If it's not fixed with 1.03 please open a support ticket so we can figure it out a little more in-depth!
    Hi Tom, still the same problem.
  • Can any shape path be used for this plug-in?

Hi Tom, still the same problem.
    Hey, could you open a support ticket so we can try and figure it out in there? Thanks!

Can any shape path be used for this plug-in?
    Any shape layer can be converted, but as of yet it won't have quite the same level of control as a Vigoro shape layer (custom roundness, cut edges etc.) ! We're working on that :)
  • Hello! Vigoro doesnt bake at all on my machine. I've set Contents, Effects, and Transform (comp has no text) to "Bake" and immediately after I hit the Bake/Freeze button I get a message saying "Bake/Freeze Complete!" however no keyframes were created... Why this be?

Windows7
    CC12
  • Hello! Vigoro doesnt bake at all on my machine. I've set Contents, Effects, and Transform (comp has no text) to "Bake" and immediately after I hit the Bake/Freeze button I get a message saying "Bake/Freeze Complete!" however no keyframes were created... Why this be?

Windows7
    CC12
    Hey! Could you create a support ticket so it's easier to have a back and forth?

For some people it appears that you need to deselect everything in the project panel, and the active composition bake/freeze should work. Try that and let me know if it works!
  • Can you offset/delay any values at any layer? For an example can I offset a plugin of 3rd party plugin? 
  • It would be great if you compact this more, because I'm running on 2GB RAM, using NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT, it's running really slow for me. I bought this really early because it was on sale :P
  • Hi Tom; 

Awesome tool. Just can't see the "Image Button" in the UI for turning images into Vigoro layers. it is referenced in your online help but it doesn't appear anywhere in the Vigoro UI. Am I missing something? 

Cheers 
    Steve 

• Hi Tom; 

Awesome tool. Just can't see the "Image Button" in the UI for turning images into Vigoro layers. it is referenced in your online help but it doesn't appear anywhere in the Vigoro UI. Am I missing something? 

Cheers 
    Steve 

I think you may be looking for the "Convert Layer" Button! Apologies for the typo in the online help.
  • I have just noticed that Vigoro is super slow and laggy with AECC 2015.    Is there an update coming?  Its npot possible to use it the way it is. Cannot even change parameters in FX control panel properly.
  • Hey! This seems to be a problem with the way that 2015 handles expressions - there's not much that I can do at the moment, hopefully Adobe will be releasing a patch soon!
  • I've imported some assets from Illustrator, and AE processes them crisp and hi-res vector graphics until I convert them to Vigoro layers, they become a noticeably lower resolution. I've tried checking continuously rasterize beforehand, and it makes no difference. My preview window is set to full res, as is my RAM preview. The look persists through rendering the video. This happens when I convert the Illustrator layers themselves to Vigoro layers, and also when I convert them to AE shape layers before and then add to Vigoro. Any explanation or fix?

Thanks! The script is phenomenal.
  • I've imported some assets from Illustrator, and AE processes them crisp and hi-res vector graphics until I convert them to Vigoro layers, they become a noticeably lower resolution. I've tried checking continuously rasterize beforehand, and it makes no difference. My preview window is set to full res, as is my RAM preview. The look persists through rendering the video. This happens when I convert the Illustrator layers themselves to Vigoro layers, and also when I convert them to AE shape layers before and then add to Vigoro. Any explanation or fix?

Thanks! The script is phenomenal.
    Hey! Unfortunately the way that AE renders layers with effects applied nullifies the 'continuously rasterise' checkbox - The best way around this is to scale up your Vigoro Composition to 2x resolution, and then inside your main composition scale the Vigoro comp back down to fit. This should get everything looking nice and crisp!
  • This is really an impressive bit of work, with limitless uses and variety.  Thank you so much for making this, and malking it available...
  • When's the next sale!?
  • I have created an AE shape layer, converted it using the Vigaro UI, and want to use Vigaro's appearance system to pull colors from the fill layer gradient - but my converted layer just stays it's native color. I have chosen "Fill Color" under Appearance. In fact, the "Top Color" and "Bottom Color" settings don't work either on my converted AE shape layer.

Is color control not supported for custom layers? I thought it would be if the layer started as a native AE shape layer (I can see why it would not work with other sorts of source layers).
  • Hi, I'm having the bake issue. I hit the button and right after appears a message saying bake is done, but it isn't. I tried selecting all layers and not selecting any. Please advise. 
  • Hi, I'm having the bake issue. I hit the button and right after appears a message saying bake is done, but it isn't. I tried selecting all layers and not selecting any. Please advise. 
    Hey! You need to make sure your composition is open and selected - you also need to check that your vigoro composition is selected in the project panel!

Cheers,
    Tom

Screen Shot 2015-10-29 at 09.02.37.png
    1114 x 970 - 176K
  • I have created an AE shape layer, converted it using the Vigaro UI, and want to use Vigaro's appearance system to pull colors from the fill layer gradient - but my converted layer just stays it's native color. I have chosen "Fill Color" under Appearance. In fact, the "Top Color" and "Bottom Color" settings don't work either on my converted AE shape layer.

Is color control not supported for custom layers? I thought it would be if the layer started as a native AE shape layer (I can see why it would not work with other sorts of source layers).
    Apologies for the late reply! I hadn't seen this comment. Unfortunately Vigoro won't recolor converted layers - however if you want to color your converted shape layers I've put together an expression you can use. Note that you need to apply this to the fill/shape colors, and it will not work with gradient fills.

Good luck!
    zip
    zip
    vigoro_customshapecolors.zip
  • Hey, so I'm having some troubles with understanding the text source layer in the VigoroTags.aet templates.  I'm in the comp "Vigoro Text 3D_cut-on", and created a new text layer for the text I want it to look at for the source under Text Options.  The characters reflect the source layer, but ignore the font, kerning, and basically everything else.  I have to manually go to the separate text layers and change all five or however many of them to reflect my source layer.  Is there a way to get the source to actually reflect font changes?
  • Unfortunately AE doesn't allow you to change text options such as font, kerning etc. on the fly using expressions!

One work around is to set your first layer up how you want it and then duplicate that layer instead of changing each one individually.
  • I'm having an issue with converted layers appearing in a strange offset position in relation to the controller. Hard to explain so here is an example file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2799631/Vigaro-incorrect-offset.aep.zip

I simply added a single shape layer (the red bar) then converted it in to the stack. It is correctly oriented at first, but goes beyond the controller's position during animation. Weirdly though if you select the new converted shape layer when it is in the incorrect offset position, the actual bounding box is in the correct relationship to the controller.

Shouldn't the red bar maintain it's relationship to the stack all the time? Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2799631/vigaro.jpg

• It has been 4 months since I posted the question below with no response - am I to assume you are no longer supporting Vigaro?
  • Vigoro makes everything work really slow in AE, and I've never been able to bake.. 
    I'm using AE 2015 CC

I'm doing a 3D comp (I know that's gonna slow things down a bunch) and I got 5 layers with vigoro expressions on them.  Whenever I move my time indicator, or try to do anything at all in AE, it freezes.
  • It has been 4 months since I posted the question below with no response - am I to assume you are no longer supporting Vigaro?

Hey Mike, so sorry! I'd somehow missed your original comment. Could you open a support ticket for this so we can try and figure it out?
  • Vigoro makes everything work really slow in AE, and I've never been able to bake.. 
    I'm using AE 2015 CC

I'm doing a 3D comp (I know that's gonna slow things down a bunch) and I got 5 layers with vigoro expressions on them.  Whenever I move my time indicator, or try to do anything at all in AE, it freezes.
    Sorry to hear you're having problems! One solution if it's going slowly can be to work with just one layer and then duplicate it as needed once you have your animation in place.

For the baking issues, have you read through the faq at http://www.othercubed.com/vigoro-help/uipanels/ ? It may help! Otherwise, could you open a support ticket so we can try and figure it out? It may also be worth looking at zack lovatt's excellent dedicated baking script at https://aescripts.com/easy-bake/
  • HI! I recently purchased Vigoro for the convert layer feature. I am running AE 2017. I may be missing something - but it doesnt seem to affect the layer that i need to convert? I can convert it to a Vigoro item, but can't clone it? Are they any tutorials regarding the image convert?
  • Hey! I've just checked and it seems to be running okay for me.

If you're referring to cloning your converted layer via the 'Cloner' in the control layer - this is only possible for Vigoro shape layers.

There's a whole bunch of stuff at http://www.othercubed.com/vigoro-help/ that may help! 
    HI! I recently purchased Vigoro for the convert layer feature. I am running AE 2017. I may be missing something - but it doesnt seem to affect the layer that i need to convert? I can convert it to a Vigoro item, but can't clone it? Are they any tutorials regarding the image convert?

• Hey, Tom! Your script is really, really great, but I just wanted to mention, that your video tutorials are horrible. 40 minutes of mumbling - not everyone can survive that. Maybe you could use some cut-and-dried text and some montage, i'm just sayin...
  • Hi Tom, 

Once I press Create Comp, after I have warning for expression errors: error 1 of 15. 

I have After CC17.

Any help for this one? 

Thank you. 

Yiannis 
  • Ola,
    Rad plug-in, just getting things figured out.

Question: Can one pick precise colors for each fill and stroke separate rather than using the gradient fill/stroke layer?
    If so how can you eye drop exact colours to each vigoro layer independently... my apologies if I missed this instruction in the help files.
    Thanks for the help ;-)
    /R

----UPDATED RESPONSE ----
    Not sure if this was how you were going to suggest, if there is a better way please let me know.

I selected each Vigoro layer in the stack and just added a Generate Fill on them and picked my custom colors.
    --------------

• Hey, isn't there a trial version for this? I get prompted to input a license code every time I open it.
    Thanks.
  • I bought it but can not download...it's weird
  • This is definitely one of the worst video on available AE Scripts tutorial section. The presenter looks totally lost and mumbling for over 24 minutes. Moreover scripts does nothing new when I tried and scrap in seconds. Totally waste of time.
  • This is definitely one of the worst video on available AE Scripts tutorial section. The presenter looks totally lost and mumbling for over 24 minutes. Moreover scripts does nothing new when I tried and scrap in seconds. Totally waste of time.
    I don't know that I would phrase it so sharply, but I have to second the sentiment at any rate. I bought Vigoro because I needed some nice overlap and the promotional video looks awesome. Clearly, the script works and can facilitate some really awesome effects... when you understand how to use it. I've tried watching the tutorials, and after watching them I have literally no idea how to use the script.  I don't consider myself a particularly unintelligent person, but I'm obviously missing something crucially important. I understand how to make a circle with offsets. And, like, maybe add some points and stuff to them using the controller. Beyond that, I can't fathom how to make anything using my own shape layers or art from Illustrator. I have no interest in using pre-made assets.

• u cannot use your own shape layers with this script. i thought im gonna animate my logo with it, but its not working like that. .D
  • Hi
    I bought Vigoro and went to look at the help pages but it looks like the pages aren't active on your website - are these still available? Thanks

• Hi
    I bought Vigoro and went to look at the help pages but it looks like the pages aren't active on your website - are these still available? Thanks

Apologies, the link was broken. It should be working now!
  • Hi

Apologies, the link was broken. It should be working now!
    Thanks! Looking forward to delving into all the posibilities :)