Keyframe Velocity Changer
  • Looks great. Does it provide any functionality above and beyond that which Keysmith provides?
  • The UI is a more focused on this specific function and it also has the presets which allow you to save settings and share them across computers.  This is great when working on a job that has specific motions you'd like to use.
  • Awesome!

A great solution - I'm always using Cmd-Sh-K to change these values and having to do it repeatedly. Love the ability to save sets of presets, perfect for projects with a certain 'style' of motion.

I noticed it's not working "sometimes" and I think I've narrowed that down to this: if either (possibly both) influences are set to "0" the script seems to have no effect, but if I set to a non-zero value (seems to need to be ≥1) it works. Can you see if you are getting the same behavior?

Running on AE CC 2014 (13.0.2.3) Thanks!
  • Agreed with Decaln, I did a few tests and if either value is set to zero, on clicking change, nothing happens to the selected keyframes. If I set it any other non-zero value it functions as expected.
  • Sorry for not responding sooner everyone, thought I had bookmarked the discussion but apparently I hadn't.
    Awesome!

A
    great solution - I'm always using Cmd-Sh-K to change these values and
    having to do it repeatedly. Love the ability to save sets of presets,
    perfect for projects with a certain 'style' of motion.

I
    noticed it's not working "sometimes" and I think I've narrowed that
    down to this: if either (possibly both) influences are set to "0" the
    script seems to have no effect, but if I set to a non-zero value (seems
    to need to be ≥1) it works. Can you see if you are getting the same
    behavior?

Running on AE CC 2014 (13.0.2.3) Thanks!

Thanks for pointing out that bug Declan, it seems like a logical error, so it should be a quick fix.
    Looks great. Does it provide any functionality above and beyond that which Keysmith provides?
    As far as adding any more functionality, I have been working on another
    script that allows you to find any item you have selected in your
    Project panel and it will bring up all of the Comp windows that include
    the item selected and highlights it in the Comps as well so they are easy to find. I will try to
    integrate it into the next update along with the bug fixes as I think it
    isn't significant enough to be a single script on its own.

Sorry for the delay,
    Cheers

• The work around for the "influence" zero value is to change the following lines in the script:
    Line 40 add a min and maxvalue to the slider like so "mySlider2:Slider{text:'my slider',minvalue:0.1, maxvalue:100,value:50},\"
    Line 43 idem "mySlider4:Slider{text:'my slider', minvalue:0.1, maxvalue:100,value:50},\"
    Line 902 change parseInt by parseFloat like so "var Val =(parseFloat(myPanel.grp.myPanel.groupOne.myEditText.text)).toFixed(3);"
    Line 951 Idem "var Val =(parseFloat(myPanel.grp.myPanel.groupOne.myEditText3.text)).toFixed(3);"
    Line 997 Idem "var Val =(parseFloat(myPanel.grp.myPanel.groupTwo.myEditText4.text)).toFixed(3);"
    Line 1035 Idem "var Val =(parseFloat(myPanel.grp.myPanel.groupTwo.myEditText2.text)).toFixed(3);"

Sorry Tyler, the script was so useful that I allowed myself to change it in order to use minimum values.

Thanks!
  • No problem at all krem, it looks like you fixed the problem! I thought that might be it, but I don't have a working version of After Effects on my computer right now so I was hesitant to release any fixes. 

Great job! I will give you credit in the next version of the code!
  • Hey Tyler, Great script Saves me so much time.  i'm noticing a few bugs. Can you look into it?
    1) The drop down for multipple presets is not working when i click with mouse or wacom. Only works with mouse scroll wheel.
    2) Presets did not save when i restarted the machine. 

I'm on CC2014 on Mavericks

Thanks. Looking forward to your next one.
  • Hey Tyler, Great script Saves me so much time.  i'm noticing a few bugs. Can you look into it?
    1) The drop down for multipple presets is not working when i click with mouse or wacom. Only works with mouse scroll wheel.
    2) Presets did not save when i restarted the machine. 

I'm on CC2014 on Mavericks

Thanks. Looking forward to your next one.
    Hey Paul, 

Thanks for the feedback on the script and I'm glad you like it! 

I finally got my hands on a copy of CC 2014 so I took a look at the bugs you mentioned. 

For the first bug, I don't seem to be having any problems with the drop-down list when I have multiple presets saved. However I don't have a wacom tablet so I haven't tested it with one of those. If the problem keeps up, message me again and I'll look into it deeper to make sure it wasn't changed in a new update or something. 

For the second bug, the presets won't be in the script window when you restart your machine or restart AE. You need to save them using the "Export Presets" button. This should ask you where you want them saved, then you can import them back in using the "Set Presets File" button and finding the saved .json file. 
    I went ahead and tested it on CC 2014 using Mavericks and it seems to be working. 

Hopefully that fixes the problem
    Cheers,
    Tyler

• Weird. The dropdown started working for me. Nevermind then.

Everythng now in order. As you were.

Thanks Tyler.
  • I've been looking for something like this for a long time. Thanks for making it! The ability to apply velocity presets is going to save me a lot of time from dragging graph editor beziers over-and-over-and-over.

I would gladly pay money for this if the following features were implemented:
    • Selected keyframe values show up in KVC fields, so you can see what the current values are before you change them.
    • Compact UI.
    • Save/Apply Presets for combination of key frames. For example, key frame #1 has an in/out velocity of 33/33 and keyframe #2 has 100/33. Applying those values onto two selected keyframes in one click would be great.
    • Saving velocity presets with expressions applied to them.
    I don't know if the above is possible, but there you have it. Thanks again!
  • Hey Brien, glad you are enjoying the script!

I also appreciate the feedback, those definitely sound like some valuable improvements.

As is stands now:

• I'm not exactly sure if I can implement a keyframe "listener" through a script or not (I need to look at the CS6 scripting guide again). That is what I would need in order to change the values in the text fields inside the GUI as soon as the keyframe is highlighted. I could do it upon button press, but I don't think that would be very handy. 
    • This could be done. I was working with dual monitors at the time so I didn't see it as a problem, but now that I'm on a laptop I can see that it's rather large. 
    • I think this could be done, but it might take me a while to get it to work properly as I'm not exactly sure how AE orders multiple keyframes on multiple layers when they are highlighted. 
    • I would assume you can do this. Although I don't remember seeing it for sure in the scripting guide. 
    Either way, I like all of the ideas. I'll take a look and see what I can come up with in the future. 

Thanks, 
    Tyler
  • Hi Tyler,

One other feature came to mind: creating and applying velocity presets for just the IN or the OUT of keyframes, not both. For example, if you want to change the IN velocity while keeping the OUT velocity's current value.

Thanks for the prompt responses and your efforts.

Brien
  • I'd be willing to increase my payment price if the UI was more compact. 

Right now, it's way too wide. Could you design a more vertical UI, like the rest of the right-side panes tend to be in After Effects? Something that fits in on this side would be great: http://puu.sh/iPE3O/f810cffab1.png ;
  • Hi Tyler,

With the latest update of ae cc 2015 13.6, KVC seems has problem changing the velocity for keyframes like shape path. Every time I try to do it the ExtendedScript Tool Kit is activated and highlights the line 235  for(var i = sK.length ; i > 0 ; i--){  

Could you maybe looking into the issue plz? KVC has been an integral part of my work flow for quite a while, I'm really looking forward to have it up and running problem free again!

Thank you very much!

Dean

• Hi Tyler,

With the latest update of ae cc 2015 13.6, KVC seems has problem changing the velocity for keyframes like shape path. Every time I try to do it the ExtendedScript Tool Kit is activated and highlights the line 235  for(var i = sK.length ; i > 0 ; i--){  

Could you maybe looking into the issue plz? KVC has been an integral part of my work flow for quite a while, I'm really looking forward to have it up and running problem free again!

Thank you very much!

Dean

Thanks for the update Zheng! I haven't tried to use it on the newest cc 2015 update. Looks like sK is now undefined on first glance at your comment. With Xmas break approaching, I will try to get the latest AE and see if I can whip up a new version. Be on the lookout after the holidays.

Cheers
    Tyler
  • Absolutely love this plugin and use it all day every day - thank you!

Like comments below though, a portrait UI that would allow it sit on a side panel would be priceless... appreciate you may not have the time though!

Thanks again,

Tom
  • This plugin has saved me SO much time. Very robust and flexible. Thanks for the hard work!

I'm going to echo the previous comments of it needing to have a more vertical or portrait orientation. Right now there's no good place to put it in my my UI and results in some window being the wrong size. 
  • Hey mate, awesome plugin! only thing that bothers me and someone else mentioned it as well, the ui takes up so much space in my screen it needs to be more compact. thanks
  • Finally, so glad I found this thing. Works great. Would love for portrait layout though, echoing everyone else's sentiments :)
  • This is GREAT!
  • Has worked forever, but suddenly it's not changing Shape Path keyframe interpolation on some selected layers. Did a bug creep in?