AEInfoGraphics
  • Looks very useful!  But holy crap, go easy on the inertial bounce script.  I can barely read your lower thirds and titles in your demo video.  Its like they're made from rubber.
  • How do you control the pace at which the animation unfolds (e.g. the pace at which the bars grow "up" in the bar chart)? For this one I only see a horizontal and depth expression slider.

Thank you.
  • Hi Geoffrey,
    In this initial release, you cannot change the pace. In the next update, probably you can.

Thanks.
  • Looks very useful!  But holy crap, go easy on the inertial bounce script.  I can barely read your lower thirds and titles in your demo video.  Its like they're made from rubber.
    Hi Bryan,

I think the bounce is not so much but I will care your thought if I change the video in the future.
    Thanks.
  • Hi, i'm trying to contact you, are we allowed to use it in end product that has been sold? As Videohive author i would like to buy the script and produce some templates. But does our clients need to have the same script to be able to edit the charts?
  • Thanks - this is an awesome tool - started playing around with it, couldn't make it run with no background (meaning, transparent) - am I missing something? Much appreciated!
  • Hi Nomi,
    Thank you.
    You can switch off visibility of background layer
    First, click the Shy Layers composition switch at the top of the Timeline panel. Now all layers will show up. At the very bottom there is a layer called BG. You can hide the BG layer by clicking the eye switch of that layer.
    Your comp is transparent now.
  • THANK YOU - I had a feeling I'm missing something obvious!

• Bought the script and love it. Hoping there are more chart types and customizable parameters in the next update :)
  • Bought the script and love it. Hoping there are more chart types and customizable parameters in the next update :)
    Thank you Bill.
    I am wonking on the new version. There will be new charts and more control parameters in this update.

• Hi Cihan,

Do you have an estimated release date for the new update?

• Hi Cihan,

Do you have an estimated release date for the new update?

Hi Bill,
    I hope the new update will be released in the last week of this month.
  • Hi

Just bought this script and it's great. Rwo questions

Is there any way you can adjust where the bar graph names appear? I would like to have the Bar titles on top of each bar.

Is it possible to choose a range of colours in the new version?

Thanks

Ray
  • Hi Ray,
    Unfortunately there is no way to adjust where the bar graph names appear automatically but you can reposition them manually.
    In the new version, there will be color sets.

Thanks.
    Cihan Balunak
  • How many more chart types are you adding in the next version?
  • Hi Paul,
    I am adding 5 new beautiful chart types in the new version.
  • Hi Cihan -

I just purchased your script.  I was very optimistic about using it - but frankly, its very buggy.  It's so buggy that I can't use for it's intended purpose.

I am trying to create a simple infographic of the number of drawings to create an animated film.  The data set is very simple with only 6 fields.

At the bottom of this email are  2 screen shots of how the script is failing to render this simple graphic.

One screen shot shows the data panel (manually entered in AE) and the bar chart it rendered.  Look at the date for "Inbetweens"; it is the largest data field but the bar chart renders it as 0% of the total.  I spent an hour re-entering the data, restarting AE, etc, to fix it - but no luck.

So then I tried to import the data as a cvs file.  The second screen shot shows how the script translated that data.  As you can see it completed dropped the first field ("Pre-Viz") and misread the numbers.  When clicking on the graph buttons to create a chart I get an error message about the numbers being in the wrong format.

I need to create this chart by end of this week.  If you have a fix, please let me know immediately.  If not, I am going to need a refund.  $50 is a lot to me, and if the product is not good for its intended purpose I want a refund.

Thank you
    Chris

• Hi Chris,

Thank you for purchasing AEInfoGraphics. I couldn't see your screenshots, so I didn't understand the issue exactly. Can you send them via email? ([email protected]). 
    and if you share your data with me it will be more easy to fix your issue.

Thank you
    Cihan

• Hi Cihan

Thanks for your reply

I think I discovered the glitch... the script cannot handle commas in the numbers.  It can render 1500 but not 1,500.  When you are dealing with data, the ability to have a number like 1, 356,000 displayed with commas is a must.   My graphic is more difficult to understand without the commas to display those numbers in a normal fashion.

You have a script with great potential.  Definitely worth refining it.

I will send you the images tomorrow.

Thanks
    Chris

• When is your new version out?
  • Hi Cihan,

Any news about the release date for the new version?

Thanks

Bill
  • Hi Cihan,

Just bought it and I get this error when trying to load it up:

• Hi David,

Can you tell me what version of AE are you using and in what language?

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Cihan,

US English and CC 2015.0.1 release  (13.5.1.48)
  • Hi David,

I tested on a iMac with the same AE version and language, it worked. Could you re-download it and reinstall it again? First you should delete the old one, and restart your computer.

Cheers, 
    Cihan
  • Hi,
    I just downloaded the trial and I encountered some trouble. During import it seems the UTF-8 labels are not imported. However it is possible to write UTF-8 characters into the UI-panel, though it seems the demo only allows the demo-dataset. However, when I reload the UI-panel the UTF-8 characters have disappeared again.

I also see that everything after , is truncated. The comma is used to denote decimals in the Nordic countries.

Furthermore it seems that it's only possible to see one series of data. In elections we often compare two series of data, showing the last election and the current prognosis. Any plans of supporting several series of data?

Best regards,
    Paul
  • Same problem, deleted, restarted and re-installed but still getting the same error message.
    Hi David,

I tested on a iMac with the same AE version and language, it worked. Could you re-download it and reinstall it again? First you should delete the old one, and restart your computer.

Cheers, 
    Cihan

• Same with me, i bought it the day the new version came out, it worked, (CC2015)
    now it won't work since i tried importing a .CSV - getting the unable to execute error.
    Tried re downloading, restarting - no joy, same file won't work on 2 machines but will on a third!!!, same setup - versions etc

Mac OSX 10.10.5
    AE CC2015
    AE CS6
  • Can you give us all some feedback, i bought it, its not working, so can you fix it or give me a refund, thanks
  • Yes, I'm still not able to use it. Please respond ASAP. 
  • We are aware of the loading issue and are working quickly to resolve it. Sorry for the inconvenience but we should have it resolved soon.
  • Any news or schedule regarding the fix?
  • Any news or schedule regarding the fix?
    The issue is related to the CSV parsing which is why it is only affecting certain users. If you would like to help you can open a support ticket and provide your csv file that is failing so we can test it with the new parser.  Thanks everyone for their patience, you can't test for every scenario out there so sometimes we need to fix it after it's shipped.
  • Hi,

just saw your plugin and love it. I would like to buy it but does it also work in the german version of after effects CC2015?

Best regards,
    Sinan
  • Hi,

just saw your plugin and love it. I would like to buy it but does it also work in the german version of after effects CC2015?

Best regards,
    Sinan
    Hi Sinan,

Yes, it also works in German language.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • I´ve the same problem like the other guys. After starting the plug-in I get the following error message:
    I´m using a saved csv file from a google spreadsheet.
    I´m using AE CC 2015 on a Mac with OS X 10.10.4
  • Hi Florian,

We have just updated the script. Please download again from site, reinstall. 

Cheers,
    Cihan

• I had downloaded the Trial as well, but could not use the script for the same "undefined" error as in the screenshot.  

But I just removed the Trial and downloaded the latest version and tried again.  It loads a CSV file but there is no slick graphics look in the comp and the controls that should be in the script panel are also missing.  So, despite that the error is gone, the result is the same.

I have uninstalled / reinstalled After Effects 2015 to make sure the host for this script was not fouled.  Thanks for trying to resolve this.  It looks like a great script.
  • Hi Chuck,

Could you check your csv file with a text editor to make sure that its delimiter is comma instead of anything else? The csv file should be like this:
    Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 04.38.47.png
    1644 x 596 - 192K
  • Thank you, Cihan.   I removed the script.  I put the script back in.  This time the trial script worked, but it remembers the CSV data I had in there and — is there any way to flush that data?  I had exported an Excel doc as CSV to test this.

So, I realize that I am limited to certain functionality in the Trial, but I'd like to simply enter some data in the fields provided and try it from the ground up.  Do you cache the data somewhere I can clear that?  Otherwise I can't see imagery in the Comp. 

Thanks again.
  • Hi Chuck,

There is a cache file named dataTextFile.csv in your main disk now, you can find and delete that file.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • I´ve installed the new version and cleaned the csv file, now it works fine!
  • Great job, Cihan.  Works!  Knowing where to remove the dataTextFile.csv could be a good item for your manual as well.  

Keep up the great work!
  • Hallo Cihan,
    please can you tell me how to clear the dataTextFile.csv . I can't seem o find the correct Cachefile on my main Disk. I have recently tried importing .CSV files from Eurostat but nothing seems to work. Can you perhaps point me to some resources where I can get some statistics to try out the import CSV function.
    Thanks 
  • Hi Nick,

dataTextFile.csv is in the directory listed below:
    username/Library/Application Support/Aescript/AEInfoGraphics/

In attach, there is a sample CSV file that you can test. If you want use your own data, you can create it in the user interface by pressing (+) button.

Cheers,
    Cihan Balunak
  • Hi Cihan,
    Thanks for geating back to me, I have bought the full license, and am still getting to grips with this great tool. I can build my data in the Interface with the (+) button, that functions great, but I really want to use the Import funtion so that I can get Data, for example Unemloyment figures, from official sources and not have to type it all in myself. Unfortunately Data from official sources are not always formatted best for use with AEInfoGraphics plug in. For example there are often Cells at the beginning of the data table which I have to delete before it works in the PlugIn, or often when no data is availble for a specific year or country most official statistical data tables will use a (-) dash or a (:) colon, which also appears to cause problems in AEInfoGraphics plug in. In Germany the comma is also used as a separator for decimal point so this seams to cause a problem in the interpretation of the csv file as well. So these things are more a problem with the CSV files than the AEInfoGraphics plug in but perhaps a few thoughts for future versions. Many thanks for this great Tool, I have to spend more time improving my abilitiy to use it well :-)
     All the best, cheers, Nick
    Oh P.S. I forgot to say I couldn't find this directory for the dataTextFile.csvon either PC or Mac?? But its not a big deal
  • Are you able to keyframe the values once the chart has been created?
  • Are you able to keyframe the values once the chart has been created?
    Hi Jack,
    Most of the animations are already done by keyframes. You can change them but it will brake the relationship between data items.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Hi Cihan, Firstly looking forward to using this tool. My question is - can I use this over multiple(2) machines? - both being my machines (imac and laptop) > for one user - me. Thanking you in advance. Nate
  • Hi Cihan, Can the script be fixed to work with High DPI monitors? The UI doesn't scale properly and there is no scroll down bar so it's very difficult to access all of the options/functions currently.