Trim Comp to Contents
  • I love this script!  Great timesaver.  Although, there seems to be some bugs in it.  
    My comps need to start at f 1000 ... if I use the interface and select "Preserve comp start time," my comp now starts at 999.  With the faceless version, no matter what key combo used with it, the comp numbers are reset to 0.  Other than that, it's really cool.
  • Hey Greg!

Thanks for the compliments, really appreciate the support and feedback.

Really sorry about these bugs; I'm taking some time over the holidays to update, upgrade and quash any issues in my scripts, so I'll definitely look into these.

Out of curiosity, with the f1000/999 issue are you using a non-integer frame rate (29.97, 23.976, etc) or an integer frame rate (24, 30, 60fps)? Just wondering whether this could be a contributing factor.

Otherwise, will definitely reach out as soon as I've got it sorted. Thanks again for the support!

Zack
  • My comps are 24 fps.  Even it they start at 0001 the script resets them to 0000.  Thanks again.
  • Alrighty, thanks! Will comment here and message you privately when this is fixed. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, really appreciate it!
  • Just as a head's up to anyone else with this issue, the bug Greg pointed out has now been fixed, and a patched version has been uploaded; redownload the script and all will be well!
  • Zack,  I found another bug-ish.  I use an expression to label quicktimes with the duration of the comp in a text layer.  Sometimes after trimming with your script I get frame 1010 of 1056.25685874874587869 ... 

Would it be possible to only allow whole numbers to be chosen for comp length?

Thanks, again.  Other than that issue this thing works great for me.
  • On it! Will let you know what I find.
  • I rewrote my expressions to only allow whole numbers.  I think it's working.
  • Hi

If I click "Trimm Comp"  appears a Login Window for Adobe Anywhere! wtf!?
  • Hey Stephen! Strange. Looking into this now. What version of After Effects are you using?
  • I using AE CC...
  • Stephen-- I sent you a direct message with a link to an updated version. Can you check that out and get back to me, please?
  • I was hoping for a script that would automatically extend the length of my all precomps to match the comp length. Anything out there that does that? Thanks.
  • The script does not create the UI for me. When I go to Window and attempt to open the panel, it automatically goes down the line and trims everything, and never provides options. Please advise.
  • The script does not create the UI for me. When I go to Window and attempt to open the panel, it automatically goes down the line and trims everything, and never provides options. Please advise.
    Hey David -- sorry about that! Just uploaded a new version that fixes this. Let me know if it works!
  • Is it possible to edit the script so that  "Trim to all" and "Ignore locked layers" options are ticked by default, while "Crop nested comps" and "Preserve comp start time" stay unticked?

As it is now, i have to untick those two every time i boot AE  :)

Great script by the way. Thank you!
  • Is it possible to edit the script so that  "Trim to all" and "Ignore locked layers" options are ticked by default, while "Crop nested comps" and "Preserve comp start time" stay unticked?

As it is now, i have to untick those two every time i boot AE  :)

Great script by the way. Thank you!
    Hey Bojan, can you submit a support ticket? I'll send you a file with these enabled by default.

• Is there a chance this script is still leaving non-whole frame numbers? We have a theory that our aerenders are failing and starting at frame 999 because this script left our comps with non-integer starting or ending frame numbers.

(When I say aerender, I mean the CLI that RenderGarden or BGRenderer uses.)