• Sorry, having a spaz day.
    Hahaha. This is what I get when the whole thing is full screen.
    The bottom of the panel is MIA.
    TP.png
    1360 x 768 - 167K
    can you change the resolution of the monitor?
    can you change the resolution of the monitor?
    I've tried that already as well. :/
  • can you move the bar on the bottom to the top?
  • can you move the bar on the bottom to the top?
    This is what the screen looks like with the toolbar hidden as well. Should I try to re-download install the UI panel?
    aaa.png
    1360 x 768 - 205K
  • nope- thats the whole UI there...you're not missing anything.
  • Just strange that it is so large, and the entire bottom of the Monkey Cam is cut off, don't ya say?
  • try docking it now that the toolbar is off...it should all fit.
  • Weird. Having a problem uploading the image.
    Please open a support ticket and submit the image that way.

• Dan and Orrin, this plugin has saved me a ton of time. Thank you for putting this together. When you get to the next update, I'm wondering if it'd be possible to add a couple of additional keyboard commands. The first one would be to have the option to force a 90 degree turn. The second would be to force a word to be the max font size for emphasis.

Also, it'd be great to have a camera creator or something as part of MonkeyTools. Sometimes I animate things in Motion Monkey or on my own and it'd be nice to have a tool that automates the camera through the animation as well as you have it set up with Type and Layer. 

Thanks again, this is a great product.
  • Hey Nick- 
     Great suggestions...we've heard some of them before.

I think we're limited to a certain number of key commands- the rest are already taken. But we'll put it on the list.

Let us know if you think of others.

-oz

• Hey, is it somehow possible to customize the ease Animation of the camera with an ease-and-wizz expression?
    I really don't like the look of the standard ease expression but couldn't figure out how to change it manually??
  • Hi Christoph- Unfortunately not at this point...but we'll put it on the list.
    Thats one of the problems of having such a tightly integrated script- everything is interdependent so changing something like that would probably make the wheels come off somewhere else.
  • Please add the ability to do syllabic animations. Only way I've found is to create each syllable as a word, and them move them back together by hand, but with an entire song, and with 500+ items in AE, it is ridiculously slow. How about two pipes || as the control char for no space? then I can go [For a bro || ken gui || tar] and get For a broken guitar.

Please!

Adam

• Regarding TypeMonkey Type Animation setting, is there a way to select only a few of the animations, instead of randomize or one?

Thanks,

David
  • Regarding TypeMonkey Type Animation setting, is there a way to select only a few of the animations, instead of randomize or one?

Thanks,

David
    Hi David- 
    currently thats not possible...we have been discussing ways that we can make that work tho. 

One thing you can do it go back into the layer or layers you want to change, disable the expressions and manually animate the text.

Hope that helps.

• How can i use my saved keyframes? Thanks!
    Hi Jasmin- I'm not sure I understand the question...TypeMonkey doesn't really use keyframes - its all expression based - tho you can turn the epxressions off and keyframe manually...you might want to open up a support ticket and upload a project file so I can see what you're trying to make work.

Hi Jasmin- I'm not sure I understand the question...TypeMonkey doesn't really use keyframes - its all expression based - tho you can turn the epxressions off and keyframe manually...you might want to open up a support ticket and upload a project file so I can see what you're trying to make work.

Oh! I am sorry - now i see: Things i have saved are only markers - no keyframes. I thought the animation would be saved. So i have to make it new... But it's not so bad. Thanks for the fast reply! ;)

• Hi Orrin, Can the script be fixed to work with High DPI monitors? The UI doesn't scale properly and there is no scroll down bar so it's very difficult to access all of the options/functions currently. If you need a screenshot, please let me know and I can send one.
  • Hi Bill- 
     definitely send me a screenshot.
    We thought we made them work on a 15" retina laptop...but maybe thats not small enough?

• I just downloaded type monkey. What do I do with the Kuler Pallets folder?
  • I just downloaded type monkey. What do I do with the Kuler Pallets folder?
    Hey Josh- 
     Theres no official place to put them- when you click the K in the palette it'll prompt you to navigate to them...so just put them in a place we're you'll remember where they are.
  • Being able to sync text to audio would be awesome
  • Being able to sync text to audio would be awesome
    Hey Joeseph- Theres a whole bunch of ways to do it..pretty easy too (depending on the quality of the audio). Theres a number of tutorials on the product page, and theres also a new script called TextSync that might be real helpful too.

Good luck!
  • Is there a way to add text to a motion youve already created, or do you have to add all your text at once, Im trying to sync text to an audio track for a music video but I want to do it in chunks and not put all the lyrics in at once because then it gets tedious with all the marker layers and stuff, you understand what im trying to say? 
  • Is there a way to add text to a motion youve already created, or do you have to add all your text at once, Im trying to sync text to an audio track for a music video but I want to do it in chunks and not put all the lyrics in at once because then it gets tedious with all the marker layers and stuff, you understand what im trying to say? 
    Hi Joseph-
    Usually I suggest people break things up - I think it looks better and it makes it easier to manage. Check out the Combining Monkey tut on the product page - you don't really need LayerMonkey- you can do that part by hand.
  • Hi Admin, It's a cool script. But I want to ask that have any problems if I used trial vision to create animation text with that? Licenses or something else, you know.
  • Hi Admin, It's a cool script. But I want to ask that have any problems if I used trial vision to create animation text with that? Licenses or something else, you know.
    Our team of Monkey Lawyers have no problem with that. 
  • Is there a way to loop the type animation created with TM?
  • Is there a way to loop the type animation created with TM?
    How do you mean loop? Give me an example...
  • Is there a way to add line feeds (and perhaps other formatting codes) to the text?
  • Is there a way to add line feeds (and perhaps other formatting codes) to the text?
    Never mind I figured it out. Enclose each line in [ ] brackets.
  • what's the work around with speech analysis in Premiere CC 2015? Thanks
  • what's the work around with speech analysis in Premiere CC 2015? Thanks
    Hi-
    I'd just go  with TextSyncr- https://aescripts.com/textsyncr/
    Premiere doesn't support it anymore.
  • First time user here... I want my sentence to swing down one word at a time and have the camera follow it. Right now, I've gotten it to work, but the camera re-centers on every single word. How do I have the camera move down the list of words without recentering each word? (in order to avoid the back x plane movement)
  • First time user here... I want my sentence to swing down one word at a time and have the camera follow it. Right now, I've gotten it to work, but the camera re-centers on every single word. How do I have the camera move down the list of words without recentering each word? (in order to avoid the back x plane movement)
    Jacob- just to clarify- is the sentence on one line and the camera is moving horizontally- or is each word on a line and the camera is moving vertically? 
    just for kicks- try this:

1) Do a TM build with the flip down but dont include the camera.
    2) create a second comp, and, using the same number of words do another comp with a camera- but heres the key- the words all need to be the same (eg: a a a a).
    3) Turn off the words (MonkeyTools should make it easy to do - reveal text layers and then turn off the eyeball icon)
    4) Place the original build in this comp and collapse it (sun icon).

What this will do it make a camera move that will move from center point to center point (theres no getting around that), but since the words are the same, the center points all line up.

If you have a specific marker layer to time to, you can use the marker sync feature.
  • Hi there,

I keep getting a message that i illegally used the "{" at line 1456 but i dont know what line or how to find it
  • Hi there,

I keep getting a message that i illegally used the "{" at line 1456 but i dont know what line or how to find it
    Hi Jemane- it sounds like it's looking for a }... It's give you an error because you can't have a { without a } somewhere.

Also it sounds like you have a ton of words-- you might want to break your animation into subcomps ( check out MonkeyTools Scene Maker - in th MonkeyTools tut.) That might help.

Let me know how it goes.
  • hi

I use the demo of typemonkey

I have one picture jpeg behind the text and i transform ( 2d in 3d layer ) 
    I want to make similar that your video demo with animate pictures behind text 
    how you make that ?

thank you !
  • hi

I have one picture jpeg behind the text and i transform ( 2d in 3d layer ) 
    I want to make similar that your video demo with animate pictures behind text 
    how you make that ?

thank you !
    Hi Alexandre- it wasn't complicated- I just placed a large jpeg into the comp, made it 3D and pushed it back in z space- the camera did the rest. If you send me a frame grab I can take a look at what you're doing wrong or open up a support ticket and send me the project so I check it out.

Oz

• hi
    I have one picture jpeg behind the text and i transform ( 2d in 3d layer ) I want to make similar that your video demo with animate pictures behind text how you make that ?
    thank you !
    Hi Alexandre- it wasn't complicated- I just placed a large jpeg into the comp, made it 3D and pushed it back in z space- the camera did the rest. If you send me a frame grab I can take a look at what you're doing wrong or open up a support ticket and send me the project so I check it out. Oz
    Hi Orrin 

thank you for your reply !

It's ok I found  the solution :

I parenting my jpeg at "monkey cam target"
    I parenting Z rotation"expression" with your "expression" Z rotation in "monkey cam target"
    And I pushed back  Z space for depht  of my picture when it's too much pixelated . 

thanks for your help !

i like "Typemonkey", I think buy it :-)
  • Hi

I am very new to after effects and Type Monkey.

I am creating a lyric video for my band. I have inputted all the lyrics and synced the words up manually to the lyrics in the song.

The lyrics however remain on the screen during the musical parts, where there are no words. I just want to fade them out, or even better, cut them. 

I have tried to drag the Dip To Black onto the individual word, and that hasn't worked. Does anybody have any ideas as how to help me.

I'm new to this forum as well, so if anyone could email me a solution, that would be much appreciated. [email protected]

Thanks
    Adam
  • Hi

I am very new to after effects and Type Monkey.

I am creating a lyric video for my band. I have inputted all the lyrics and synced the words up manually to the lyrics in the song.

The lyrics however remain on the screen during the musical parts, where there are no words. I just want to fade them out, or even better, cut them. 

I have tried to drag the Dip To Black onto the individual word, and that hasn't worked. Does anybody have any ideas as how to help me.

I'm new to this forum as well, so if anyone could email me a solution, that would be much appreciated. [email protected]

Thanks
    Adam
    Hey Adam- Theres a few ways you can handle getting rid of the words...I'll make a few suggestions:

1) Duplicate the bottom layer (I assume its video), and bring it to the top. Then split the video where you want to get rid of the type and delete the first part. Basically the video will cut on and cover the text.

2. Cue up to the time you want the text to leave, select the master control layer (layer with the markers) and keyframe the position (P on your keyboard)

3) Cue up to the time you want the text to leave, go to the MonkeyTools script and click Unshy Text /Images, select all those layers, Split and Delete.

Those are a few simple ways to do it.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help.

-oz
  • Curious to know if it might work with Japanese...
  • Curious to know if it might work with Japanese...

Hi James- it's sold in Japan so we'd have heard about it if it didn't... but just download a free trial and try it!

oz
  • It's been a long while since I've used this script, but recently it became a topic of discussion where I work.  As I write this, I'm going to be looking into solutions, but I'd like to know if anyone has one.....  Back in Adobe CS5 days, one could Analyze Content with the assistance of Adobe Premiere CS5 and Adobe Media Encoder CS5 with a helping hand from a .txt script.  From these pieces, you could get a fair if not accurate audio file with markers indicating the VO.  Since CS5, this feature (as far as I know) has been removed.  If there's any one reason why the CS5 system of files and applications work well it's TYPEMONKEY.  Is there a solution to this problem:  the problem of having an audio file and having it exported with markers that mark when the audio happens?  I'm referring to the system that was once valid from January 2014:    .  Please let us know if this method; similar but different exists somewhere.  It saves a ton of time and is probably better than a manual transmission.
  • Please let us know if this method; similar but different exists somewhere.  It saves a ton of time and is probably better than a manual transmission.
    Hey Adam- yeah, that was a great feature (when you had good audio). But I gess the results were too uneven so they dropped it.

There is a script carried here called Textsyncr that does something similar...we don't make it but you should download a trial version and give it a try. From my experience it works well as long as you have good audio and follow directions!

Let me know if I can be of any more help.

-oz
  • Textsyncr won't let me use keyboard commands.

I try to copy the same text I have in typemonkey into textsyncr and it says I can't use keyboard commands such as these: { } & |

How do I make it accept my keyboard commands?