ExpressionUniversalizer
  • I hope, that it is the right place to report an issue:

Expression Universalizer worked perfect for me, but in my recent work it can't handle with this the layers with the following expression:

ST = inPoint
    P = thisComp.layer("Current").transform.xPosition.valueAtTime(ST)
    O = effect("Offset")("Slider")
    transform.xPosition=P+O

It just freezes when it comes to this expression. It is a great problem for me, as I have about 50 layers with the same expressions. Hope there is a way out.
  • Looks you you found a good bug.  The problem is that you named your Slider "Offset" and there is an effect named "Offset" so EU gets confused and thinks you are using the Offset effect instead of a renamed Expression control.  Technically you are supposed to run EU before you name any of your effects so that is why this bug has not come up before. Open a support ticket and we can get you a beta that might fix this issue.
  • Looks you you found a good bug.  The problem is that you named your Slider "Offset" and there is an effect named "Offset" so EU gets confused and thinks you are using the Offset effect instead of a renamed Expression control.  Technically you are supposed to run EU before you name any of your effects so that is why this bug has not come up before. Open a support ticket and we can get you a beta that might fix this issue.
    Thanks for the quick response. Maybe, I'll just rename my "offsets". Thank you!
  • EU runs great but sometimes with controls/commands having long names EU freezes.
  • Please watch the tutorial to understand how to use EU.  You should run it before you change the names of the controls so long names should not be an issue.