AEInfoGraphics
  • Hi Cihan, any update regarding the High DPI issue? Can a scroll bar for the script UI be implemented in the next release?

Thanks
  • Hi Bill,

In the next update we are going to solve the issue. 

Cheers,
    Cihan.
  • Not sure whether this is a bug or not but once I've imported a CSV I am unable to clear all the data by clicking the red X icon. In fact, the only way I can seem to clear the data is by restarting After Effects. Are you able to help me out with this?

Many thanks
  • Hi Ole,
    Did you get the same error when you add / remove an item from the list? If so you should try removing and then reinstalling the script. 

Cheers,
    Cihan

• Hi, after following this thread I was still not able to find a solution to the: 'Unable to execute script at line 1.
    Undefined is not an object'..if I've missed something could someone please direct me to the correct solution.
    iMac/ Yosemite 10.10.5/Ae CC2015

This is potentially a great script...however, if I don't get the support required to make this work for me - i'll be requesting a full refund.
  • Hi Nate,

I am working on it. In the current version, you should be careful about CSV format and data types. Your data must be seperated by ',' (comma) and shouldn't have non-digit characters.
    I will send a sample CSV to your registered e-mail.
    In the next update, it will be much more flexible and tolerant.

Thanks four your understanding.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • I would purchase this if it came with a line graph too. - good work!
  • thanks for following up Cihan, appreciate the support
  • Hi. Is there no way to adjust the timing of the animations? That is to say, being able to adjust the rate at which the information is revealed?

Thank you
  • Whenever I create a bar graph, how come I cannot customize the  y-axis to have the numbers I want? Say I have three values:
    6, 14, and 19. How come I can't make the y-axis say: 0, 5, 10, 15, 20?

Also, What if for numbers as big as 20,000,000,000, why will it not allow me to use commas in the numbers, even if I type it directly into the script and not the .csv file.

Any help or updates would be amazing. Thank you.
  • "Hi. Is there no way to adjust the timing of the animations? That is to say, being able to adjust the rate at which the information is revealed?

Thank you"
    What Geoffrey said above is an awesome point as well. There's good functionality with this script, but not the amount of flexibility I was hoping for.
  • Hi Brandon,

We are trying to make settings more editable in each update. The comma problem will be solved in next update but I cannot say the same for timing of the animations, unfortunately.

Cihan
  • I'd like to use the Drop Line and Pyramid charts for a set of straight numbers/data, but they build as percentages. Is there a way to make them build using the numerical data I input and NOT display as percents? Or do I have to manually change each text object after building?

And being able to change/control the axis values is a must - unless I'm missing it.
  • I'd like to use the Drop Line and Pyramid charts for a set of straight numbers/data, but they build as percentages. Is there a way to make them build using the numerical data I input and NOT display as percents? Or do I have to manually change each text object after building?

And being able to change/control the axis values is a must - unless I'm missing it.
    Hi Andrew,

Unfortunately, you have to manually change each text after building. You can chage every text area. In order to do that you should unshy all hidden layers and unlock all locked layer.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Bought the script and love it. Hoping there are more chart types and customizable parameters in the next update :)
    Thank you Bill.
    I am wonking on the new version. There will be new charts and more control parameters in this update.

I love the trial, and this is exactly what we are looking for but we really need line charts.  Can't wait until you release line charts and a bar chart where the bars animate separately.  This would be a god send.
    Bought the script and love it. Hoping there are more chart types and customizable parameters in the next update :)
    Thank you Bill.
    I am wonking on the new version. There will be new charts and more control parameters in this update.

Bought the script and love it. Hoping there are more chart types and customizable parameters in the next update :)
    Thank you Bill.

• Just noticed before buying that there is a limit on how many values each graph can handle. Is this likely to change, also with the trial version a lot of the values and actual graph positions didnt match, is this because it is a trial?
  • Hi Charles,

All data in CSV file should be comma seperated and please make sure that values are non-zero and positive.
    I will send you sample CSV file via mail for right information about format.

Thanks,

Cihan
  • Hi Charles,

All data in CSV file should be comma seperated and please make sure that values are non-zero and positive.
    I will send you sample CSV file via mail for right information about format.

Thanks,

Cihan
    Can you send to me too please! 
  • Hi Cihan,

I have purchased AE Infographics 1.3, using AE CS6 and I'm just getting started with editing the graphs. I notice that bar graph y axis data seems unchangeable. It would really help if you could send me a sample .csv file that I could have as a reference so I can better create the information, and know if I am doing anything wrong with regards the bar chart.

Many thanks.
  • Im having an issue with Farsi text not importing correctly. The text is correct in Excel, then i do a save as CSV and when i import i get "??????" in AEInfographics and garbled text in  AE....

Do you also have an example of how to format the data for correct importing?

AEInfoGraphics V1.3 
    AE CC 2015

Thankss.

Chris

• Im having an issue with Farsi text not importing correctly. The text is correct in Excel, then i do a save as CSV and when i import i get "??????" in AEInfographics and garbled text in  AE....

Do you also have an example of how to format the data for correct importing?

AEInfoGraphics V1.3 
    AE CC 2015

Thankss.

Chris
    Hi Chris,

Would you mind sending your data to me so I can check the issue.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • I just bought this and it does not work. I get this error - any ideas for what to do?
    Screen Shot 2016-04-05 at 12.22.02 AM.png
    129 x 17 - 3K
    error.png
    439 x 88 - 14K
  • I just bought this and it does not work. I get this error - any ideas for what to do?
    Hi Bela,

AEInfoGraphics requires permission to write files and access network. In order to allow this
    do the followings:

1. Open After Effects.
    2. Go to Edit > Preferences > General.
    3. Tick the box of that line "Allow Scripts to Write Files and Access Network"
    4. Load the script again.

Cheers
    Cihan
  • HI I just bought this but didn't realise there appears to be a maximum limit on the slider chart of only 5 data points. Is there any way of getting this increased to at least 12? (month on month?).  Or at least 10? I was intending of using this for some basketball stats for 10 players as well as month on month data.

Would really appreciate a solution to this on the slider chart. (yes I know I could use the 3d bar chart, but that is not the specific look I wanted as the slider chart is much more obvious and direct in terms of presentation). thanks.Paul
  • HI I just bought this but didn't realise there appears to be a maximum limit on the slider chart of only 5 data points. Is there any way of getting this increased to at least 12? (month on month?).  Or at least 10? I was intending of using this for some basketball stats for 10 players as well as month on month data.

Would really appreciate a solution to this on the slider chart. (yes I know I could use the 3d bar chart, but that is not the specific look I wanted as the slider chart is much more obvious and direct in terms of presentation). thanks.Paul
    Hi Paul,

Unfortunately it is not possible because vertical space does not allow more than 5 data. As you know this script aims to design infographics for 16:9 screen sizes and this limitation decides max data size per each template.

Cheers,
    Cihan Balunak
  • Hi. Is it possible to have on the ui panel an option to have values instead of percentages pushed across to the graphs? This would be really useful. I'm using the pyramid graphs but am manually changing text afterwards to values instead of percentages..... Or is there a workaround?  thanks.
  • Hi. Is it possible to have on the ui panel an option to have values instead of percentages pushed across to the graphs? This would be really useful. I'm using the pyramid graphs but am manually changing text afterwards to values instead of percentages..... Or is there a workaround?  thanks.
    Hi Paul,

Thanks for your consideration and comment about AEInfoGraphics. Yes, you're right it would be great! I will improve many features in the next update and I will consider your thoughts as well. 
    Thanks again.

Cheers,
    Cihan Balunak
  • Hello

How many data points can this have for line graph?

Thanks
  • Joon Lee said:
    Hello

How many data points can this have for line graph?

Thanks
    Hi Joon,

Sorry for delay. These are the limit for each type of chart graph:

1. Bar Chart 18
    2. Net Chart 14
    3. Slider Chart 5
    4. Circular Chart 18
    5. 3D Bar Chart 19
    6. Ring Chart 9
    7. Spider Chart 9
    8. Drop Line Chart 18
    9. Pyramid Chart 18
    10. Round Chart 6

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Hi,
    after Installation, entering my license code and a restart of AE - your Plugin still says I am not able to import .csv due to trial mode.
    When I click on "?" it states that it is licensed, however...

(AE CS6)

EDIT: found my error - I was trying to import a .xls file instead of .csv - another error message would be great ;)))

Can you send me a correctly formatted .csv also?

thanks
    Michael
  • Hi, I just purchased the plugin.  It looks great thus far.  One question, how do I remove the background.  I'd like to composite the chart over other layers.  I've tried masks and compositing options without success.  Never mind... figured it out.  Shy layers... duh :-)
    Thanks,
    Kevin

• Hello
    i was curious to know if there is a way to export the alpha comps without background....i did it the normal way in after effects but still seem to get black? am i doing something wrong?
    Eddie

• Hello
    i was curious to know if there is a way to export the alpha comps without background....i did it the normal way in after effects but still seem to get black? am i doing something wrong?
    Eddie
    Hi,
    You can hide the BG (background) layer then export it. In order to hide BG, firstly you should toggle off shy button, otherwise the layer cannot be seen. Besides, if you have checked Glow option, it is a good idea to uncheck it before exporting as alpha but it is optional.
    Thank you.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Hey,
    Is there any chance this will work with AE CC 2017. Thanks
  • Hey,
    Is there any chance this will work with AE CC 2017. Thanks
    Hi Khalid,

AEInfoGraphics works with AE CC 2017 both on PC and on Mac.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Hi, how many data sets can it do, only seems to show 1?
  • Hi, how many data sets can it do, only seems to show 1?
    Hi Clare,

Yes, for now, it only accept one data set. However, in the next update there will be some charts that accept more than one data set.

Cheers
    Cihan
  • Hi Cihan, I bought your script recently, but after I input my CSV file, and chose pyramid chart, it's always tell me select another column, as well as other chart. I don't know why. cause my data is pretty simple,  there are only month(title) and temperature(value), help me please, what can I do?
  • Hi Cihan, I bought your script recently, but after I input my CSV file, and chose pyramid chart, it's always tell me select another column, as well as other chart. I don't know why. cause my data is pretty simple,  there are only month(title) and temperature(value), help me please, what can I do?
    Hi xiaoyue,
    After importing CSV file you should select the data column even if your CSV consists of single column. If you still have problem, could you send CSV to me so I can see what  the problem is.
    BTW, sorry for replying late:(

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • I just purchased this script but notices that it is not possible to animate the %value.  Is there a way to animate the % values of one slice and all the others update as well such as they move to match the new %?
  • Hi  Chris,

In some charts the percentage values are animated. Unfortunately, in other chart types they can't be animated. 

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Hi,

Is there a way to restore the deafult data?
    By error I removed the default dataset and I would restore it.

best,
    matteo

• Hi Matteo,

Yes, there is a way. If you close the script panel and reopen it, data will be restored.

Cheers,
    Cihan
  • Hi Cihan, I keep getting errors... 

1. Data is too long...The first 5 elements of your data will be used, others will be ignored.

2. Data is improper!  Please select another column or change wrong entries.

The file is a csv file. It has # Title and Value. There are 3783 lines of data in the CSV. 

Any idea on how to make this work? 

Thanks!

Stuart
  • Hi Cihan, I keep getting errors... 

1. Data is too long...The first 5 elements of your data will be used, others will be ignored.

2. Data is improper!  Please select another column or change wrong entries.

The file is a csv file. It has # Title and Value. There are 3783 lines of data in the CSV. 

Any idea on how to make this work? 

Thanks!

Stuart
    Hi Stuart,

1. 1920x1080 comp have a limited area that can show 5 to 18 data depending on your template selection. For example a slider chart allows up to 5 data, you should select that 5 data from your csv file (by removing others) and then import again. Otherwise script selects first 5 item. There is no way to accept 3783 lines of data to import AEInfoGraphics's panel.

2. If your data consist of characters other than numbers you will get this error. Please check your data again. Be sure that your numbers are greater than zero and consist no colon or dot in it.

If you don't mind, send your data to me so I can check it for you.

Cheers,
    Cihan