• Where's my early bird discount? :D

Just kidding. It's better not to have one, otherwise I might buy just so I can save some valuable pennies! Now it's easier to wait the day that I feel I need it.

Looks great!
  • Hi Miika

Thank you for giving Quick Menu a try.

• Edgar, 

I downloaded the trial but ran into a few problems with it on OSX 10.8.2 and After Effects CC2014.  

I've got screen shots at links below but you can see them all here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ufqccv368ynf4u4/AAA0QPabEEjvB9lANX4EUbdaa?dl=0

Upon launch, I receive the following error: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mmbqhhycsq1iidy/QM_trialLaunch.png?dl=0

After launching a second time, I see the actual dialogue box.  I jumped into the preferences to set up a new launch command.  I made sure to select one that wasn't previously in use.  I saved out and closed.  The shortcut didn't work.  So I reopened the menu to make sure I hadn't messed up.  I was greeted with this popup: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wahx6xub6j0mrsi/QM_trialPrefMenu.png?dl=0

After that, the preferences were greyed out: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w8ktldu7pqm0aq/QM_trialPrefMenu2.png?dl=0
    I would point it to a file, but I have no idea which file to point to.  There are a lot in the directory.  I hadn't changed anything other than clicking save, so I'm already thrown off wondering why I need to hunt for the right file.  Upon closing, I receive this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b1f6symb6t21mv1/QM_trialPrefMenu3.png?dl=0

Also, this is a minor issue.  Since I am running it as a trial, every time I do actually select something from the search query, I am prompted with the "run in trial" / "input serial" option.  I click to run it in trial, but the next time I select something from the query, I am greeted with it again. https://www.dropbox.com/s/wxsarnab492j0go/QM_LicensePopUp2.png?dl=0

Looking forward to trying this out if I can get it all squared away. 
  • Hi Matthew Sienzant 

Sorry for the iconvenience

I'll check it right now and I'll let you know as soon as figured it out

Edgar Huanca
  • Looking forward to trying this out if I can get it all squared away. 
    Looks like something specific to your system is going on so we should move this to a support ticket. Can you open one and we'll follow up there: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Trying it...
    It does not search throughout my custom presets (there is general path to main presets folder).
    And how can i search by few levels menus, such as "add to adobe media render queue", for example? I tried different ways, but cant reach this command.
  • Trying it...
    It does not search throughout my custom presets (there is general path to main presets folder).
    And how can i search by few levels menus, such as "add to adobe media render queue", for example? I tried different ways, but cant reach this command.

You need to tell Quick Menu which folder to scan for your presets, the user guide explains how to do that here: https://aescripts.com/data/eh/QuickMenu/QuickMenu_v1_UserGuide.html#animationPresets

And due to After Effects limitations not all menu commands are accessible, again the user guide explains that here: https://aescripts.com/data/eh/QuickMenu/QuickMenu_v1_UserGuide.html#appendixA

However you can replace most missing menu commands with a scripted command, you can browse existing snippets here (http://www.smipple.net/tag/aftereffects) or write your own (or ask someone to write it for you)
  • And how can i search by few levels menus, such as "add to adobe media render queue", for example? I tried different ways, but cant reach this command.
    I guess you refer to "Add to Adobe Media Endcoder Queue" if you type "a space t" it will be the frst in the list.
  • Hey Edgar,

I've just bought your script and its acting really peculiar,

here's a link with photos to clear what is the problem.
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4qt43idyrx74k0q/AAD3uV-dFrm-p3yYyZU00t2Ba?dl=0

As the instructions say, I've placed the 00 Quick Menu.jsxbin in after effect's scripts folder. (1)

I opened AE, and under the
    Window tab the script doesn't appear among my other scripts. (2)

Once I've placed the quick menu script in ScriptUIPanels Folder, and opened AE again it suddenly appeared under the window tab. (3+4)

Clicking on it gave me this message (5)

After clicking OK the script works, yet I can't move the Quick menu panel anywhere and I can't click on anything in AE beside the panel itself. (6)

If I click on X or go into Quick menu's options and either click "save", "cancel" or "video tutorial" the panel disappears and an AE panel of Quick menu appears with nothing in it. (7)

I'm running After Effects CC 2014 on Windows, with a purchased script (I Also can't find a place to register my serial code so I won't run it on trial version).

How can I fix this problem? 

• As the instructions say, I've placed the 00 Quick Menu.jsxbin in after effect's scripts folder. (1)

I opened AE, and under the Window tab the script doesn't appear among my other scripts. (2)
    You should install it in the Scripts menu like you did in the first place. The difference is you do not run it from the Window menu, instead you run it from the File->Scripts menu (install instructions). But you only need to do this once as you should then setup the keyboard shortcut and start it using the shortcut. Here is the user guide on how to set the shortcut
  • Hi, Lloyd Alvarez, thank you for your help.
    Please, check this out - it cant find render queue. As well as it does not search any of my custom presets (which i need the most) and sub menu commands, such as "freeze frame" and others. 

However, i have been waiting such script for a long time and i am glad you developed it, so i am excited to use all it's features properly! 
    Thank you! 
  • Hi, Lloyd Alvarez, thank you for your help.
    Please, check this out - it cant find render queue. As well as it does not search any of my custom presets (which i need the most) and sub menu commands, such as "freeze frame" and others.  
    However, i have been waiting such script for a long time and i am glad you developed it, so i am excited to use all it's features properly! 
    Thank you! 

Did you set the folder for your custom presets? (instructions on how to do that here).  And are you running After Effects in english?  Currently menu commands are only available if you are running in English.  
    For me typing a space t works:

Screen Shot 2015-09-22 at 10.05.58 AM.png
    420 x 640 - 53K

• I am glad that it works for you, but it does not fix my problem. Yes, i set all directories and use english version. 

And one more issue - there are no icons. They appear only after i hit "down" to choose line.
  • I am glad that it works for you, but it does not fix my problem. Yes, i set all directories and use english version. 

And one more issue - there are no icons. They appear only after i hit "down" to choose line.
    Would you please open a support ticket. We'll follow up there. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Am trying to get the shortcut to work, but even though position 01 is selected, it's assigning the shortcut to the second script in my list.
  • Am trying to get the shortcut to work, but even though position 01 is selected, it's assigning the shortcut to the second script in my list.
    Are you on mac or windows?
  • Using trial version in CS6 with Mac OS 10.8.5. Tried several times to set a shortcut but none will work. I confirmed that Quick Menu is in the first position of the Script Files, and that 01 is selected in the Quick Menu Settings. I have tried several different shortcuts, all confirmed to be unused by After Effects, but the only way to call up Quick Menu is to select it in the File>Scripts menu. Once active it does seem to work properly, and is very helpful, but obviously its usefulness is degraded if I cannot get it to come up with a shortcut.

Thanks for your help.
  • Hi,

Love this script! 

I had to create a ICONS folder because one didn't exist, then I copied the PNG files into it. I still don't see any icons though.

Any suggestions as to why I am not seeing any icons?

Thanks,
    John

• Using trial version in CS6 with Mac OS 10.8.5. Tried several times to set a shortcut but none will work. I confirmed that Quick Menu is in the first position of the Script Files, and that 01 is selected in the Quick Menu Settings. I have tried several different shortcuts, all confirmed to be unused by After Effects, but the only way to call up Quick Menu is to select it in the File>Scripts menu. Once active it does seem to work properly, and is very helpful, but obviously its usefulness is degraded if I cannot get it to come up with a shortcut.

Thanks for your help.

After restarting AE does the shortcut you assigned appear next to Quick Menu in the scripts submenu?

Thanks for your help.
    Agreed, the keyboard shortcut is super important.  Can you please open a support ticket and send us your shortcuts file so we can see what's going on. You can find the shortcuts file by going to the AE Preferences General tab and clicking on the Reveal Preferences in Finder button. Send us the Adobe After Effects 11.0 Shortcuts file. Please compress the file into a .zip file before attaching it to make sure it does not get corrupted.
  • Also noticing, it doesn't seem to be properly registering the keys I'm typing, unless I REALLY hammer on the keyboard. I'll type "fast" and it will register as "fst".  This behavior is really consistent, where it is leaving letters out of what I'm typing. 
  • Also noticing, it doesn't seem to be properly registering the keys I'm typing, unless I REALLY hammer on the keyboard. I'll type "fast" and it will register as "fst".  This behavior is really consistent, where it is leaving letters out of what I'm typing. 
    This sounds like an After Effects script UI bug.  What version of AE and OS are you using?
  • Hi,

Love this script! 
    I had to create a ICONS folder because one didn't exist, then I copied the PNG files into it. I still don't see any icons though.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/sgbsghl5cvbmy9c/icons_folder.PNG?dl=0

Any suggestions as to why I am not seeing any icons?

Thanks,John

The Icons folder should have been created by default when you ran the script the first time.

Please open a support ticket. We'll follow up there. https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

Thanks for your help.

After restarting AE does the shortcut you assigned appear next to Quick Menu in the scripts submenu?

No, it does not. I have sent a support ticket.
  • Hey ! Nice work.
    I'd like the option to show effect if we type a portion of the name, not always starting with the first word.

Example: i would like to get the CC Light Sweep effect by typing 'sweep'
  • If I press ESC when window is open it gives me an error: "Unable to execute script at line 4708. Execution halted"
    No big deal, but expected ESC to work af Ctrl + W

(Windows 10, AECC2014)
  • If I press ESC when window is open it gives me an error: "Unable to execute script at line 4708. Execution halted"
    No big deal, but expected ESC to work af Ctrl + W

(Windows 10, AECC2014)

ESC is actually a global key that After Effects uses to halt execution of any running script so when you hit ESC you are stopping the script and if it was in the middle of doing something then it's possible that you get an error. This is why you should use CTRL - W to close it as that will close it properly
  • I love this thing!

One feature request:

After typing in Quick Menu, it would be great if simply hitting "enter" would activate whatever is top-most in the list.
    Currently I have to hit Tab, then Down, then Enter.
    If simply hitting Enter would activate the topmost item, I'd be truly in love.

Thanks for making this!
  • I love this thing!

One feature request:

After typing in Quick Menu, it would be great if simply hitting "enter" would activate whatever is top-most in the list.
    Currently I have to hit Tab, then Down, then Enter.
    If simply hitting Enter would activate the topmost item, I'd be truly in love.

Thanks for making this!

Actually you can do that. If it's not working for you please open a support ticket and let us know which version of AE and OS you are using so we can look into it. 
  • Can't seem to register this script,just found the beta aescripts installer, so going to give that a try,

Also the shortcut is not being registered at start up and the script has lost the path to my shortcuts after trying the second time to assign it.  I was able to reset the path but the shortcut is still not sticking. 
    Can't seem to register this script,just found the beta aescripts installer, so going to give that a try,

Also the shortcut is not being registered at start up and the script has lost the path to my shortcuts after trying the second time to assign it.  I was able to reset the path but the shortcut is still not sticking. 
    Can you please open a support ticket and let us know which version of AE and OS you are using?
  • What version of AE and OS are you using?
    After Effects CC 2015.0.1
    OSX 10.10.5
    It seems to have to do with the fact that it's filtering a search with every key that I enter, so if it's bringing up new results timed improperly with when I hit the key, that key gets ignored. Perhaps it would help to have some kind of time threshold that would keep the filtering from completing until I've finished typing, so that I can smoothly and quickly type in the word that I want without it trying to preemptively fill the search index before my text string is in. It seems like if it just waited a few more milliseconds between my key strokes, the responsiveness would be much smoother.

• After Effects CC 2015.0.1
    OSX 10.10.5
    It seems to have to do with the fact that it's filtering a search with every key that I enter, so if it's bringing up new results timed improperly with when I hit the key, that key gets ignored. Perhaps it would help to have some kind of time threshold that would keep the filtering from completing until I've finished typing, so that I can smoothly and quickly type in the word that I want without it trying to preemptively fill the search index before my text string is in. It seems like if it just waited a few more milliseconds between my key strokes, the responsiveness would be much smoother.
    Can you please open a support ticket and upload a screencast so we can see what you are experiencing? You can record the screencast using this: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
  • Hi there !

i'm so frustrated, i've been told it doesn't work in french.

Any multilang version soon?
  • Nice idea! But do nothing when i press mouse button!
  • Hi there !

me to please ^^
  • Nice idea! But do nothing when i press mouse button!
    what do you mean by pressing mouse button? you should not need to use the mouse. please provide more details about what you are trying to do so we are better able to help.
  • We just posted an update that fixes most of the issues noted in these comments.
    You can download the update from the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.

v1.1  -  Sep 25, 2015
    **Please note that your QM prefs might need to be reset
    - Fixed Icons not being drawn.
    - Fixed QM losing the Shortcuts file.
    - Fixed QM not loading the custom presets.
    - Fixed QM not finding some menu commands.
  • "you should not need to use the mouse"
    i want use mouse! why i cant???

and i cant move window to main monitor.
  • "you should not need to use the mouse"
    i want use mouse! why i cant???

and i cant move window to main monitor.
    Can you please open a support ticket and upload a screencast so we can see what you are experiencing? You can record the screencast using this: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/
  • Hi,
    I just wanted to say that Quick Menu is great!
  • Hi,
    I just wanted to say that Quick Menu is great!
    Hi Fritz

Thank you. 
  • Hi,

Thank you for this amazing script which is very useful !! I love it, it's a great idea, good job ;)
    I've just a little problem each time I run QuickMenu, an error popup appears. However, the script works and I don't get any error message. This message appears when I restart AE. The 2nd problem is that I don't see my expressions in QuickMenu, I've to update Expression Templates in the settings each time I restart AE.
    I'm running french version of AE CC 2014 on OSX 10.9.5

Good job and I hope my message will help you !
    ( sorry for my bad english, i'm french :p )
  • Hi,
    Thank you for this amazing script which is very useful !! I love it, it's a great idea, good job ;)I've just a little problem each time I run QuickMenu, an error popup appears. However, the script works and I don't get any error message. This message appears when I restart AE. The 2nd problem is that I don't see my expressions in QuickMenu, I've to update Expression Templates in the settings each time I restart AE.I'm running french version of AE CC 2014 on OSX 10.9.5

Good job and I hope my message will help you !( sorry for my bad english, i'm french :p )
    Hi Gui
    Can you please open a support ticket and upload a screencast so we can better see what you are experiencing? You can record the screencast using this: http://www.screencast-o-matic.com/

• Hi,

Thank you for this amazing script which is very useful !! I love it, it's a great idea, good job ;)
    I've just a little problem each time I run QuickMenu, an error popup appears. However, the script works and I don't get any error message. This message appears when I restart AE. The 2nd problem is that I don't see my expressions in QuickMenu, I've to update Expression Templates in the settings each time I restart AE.
    I'm running french version of AE CC 2014 on OSX 10.9.5

Good job and I hope my message will help you !
    ( sorry for my bad english, i'm french :p )
    Please make sure you are using the latest version which fixed these "TypeError" errors. You can find the latest version in the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account.  
  • My scripts are not appearing in order for some reason in my menu. Any way to fix this? The script looks great & runs well but without being able to add/use a shortcut kinda stinks. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm1pbo4vjq4bf7k/Screenshot 2015-10-01 16.27.57.png?dl=0

I should add I'm syncing everything with dropbox if that makes a difference.
  • My scripts are not appearing in order for some reason in my menu. Any way to fix this? The script looks great & runs well but without being able to add/use a shortcut kinda stinks. https://www.dropbox.com/s/sm1pbo4vjq4bf7k/Screenshot 2015-10-01 16.27.57.png?dl=0

I should add I'm syncing everything with dropbox if that makes a difference.
    Hmm, this is an After Effects issue that I have not seen before but I suspect that it might have something to do with your dropbox syncing setup as this is not a normal setup. Can you try not doing that just as a test to see if that is the issue?  You might also want to contact Adobe support as again, this is in their realm.  Either way please let us know if you solve it in case it's affecting other users.
  • Possible solution for script launch keyboard shortcut problem:

I placed the jsxbin in my scripts folder as instructed and I added a "00 " prefix to the filename so it would be the first entry.

However, I had the same problem as many others with shortcut not working/appearing in the menu (Windows 10 / AE CC 2014).

I checked my "File" -> "Scripts" menu and "00 Quick Menu.jsxbin" was there - as the very first entry in the menu. So naturally it would be "01" I would select in the settings (or if you look directly in the shorcuts.txt file: "ExecuteScriptMenuItem01" = "(Tab)")

But for me the problem was I had the quick menu pdf help file there too - and it was the first file in the folder. If not a bug, it seems very inconvenient that After Effects assigns shortcuts to files that will not appear the menu or be launched.

So - either delete files (also check for hidden files) or change the number in Quick Menu settings and take into account that other non-script files counts in the "ExecuteScriptMenuItem" list - though they shouldn't, Adobe!

I don't know if this bug also exists in other versions of AE (or on Mac).  
  • Cool concept for a script, was hoping the menu commands would be more comprehensive. Certain plugins available in the menu don't seem to be launchable through quick menus, things like: Newtown in the Composition Menu, Animation composer in the window menu, and there is no reveal in finder option for the mac, only reveal in windows exploer which doesn't seem to work on the mac os.

Is there a way to add custom menu commands?

• Hi there !

me to please ^^

No answer...   :(