• I just purchased TextEvo because I feel that it will give me faster access to controls that are buried behind twirl-downs within the AE timeline text controls.  However, one of these does not seem to be Enable Per-Character 3D, a switch which is needed to enable the Z-space control in the position control created by TextEvo. Adding a button to for this to the TextEvo UI in a future release would be very helpful.

PS: I am happy to report that it works (unofficially) in AE CS 5.5, which I am still using.  Don't take my word for this.  Test before you buy.
  • Thanks for your purchase and comment.
    I'll take it in consideration for the next feature

I can't test after effect cs3,cs4,cs5 but it's possible ^^
  • Thanks for the quick response.  I also tried TextEvo on CS3 Mac and the UI would not launch.  Use of TextEvo in CS 5.5 seemed identical to CS6 in my test.
  • So after using it for about 2 hours I already love that it completely removes the grunt work of having to create Pos animators for every letter to get that nice letter based motion, However, I found that there is really no easy way to copy & paste animations between layers. I was able to find the 'wm_textEvo_In' aimator & all of 'Effects' & copied those to the other text layer but have no clue if this is the correct workflow, but it works, so far, noting has broken. The other thing is I would've loved to see a cleaner way to just delete everything & start over instead of having to go in & 'kill' everything by hand, which again, I have no clue if it was the right way to do that either. Those couple of things aside, I have to say that I'm really enjoying it; thank you so much for all of your hard work! Forgot to ask if the updates will be free for this or will we have to pay every time. Thanks.
  • Thanks for your feedbacks ! I agree with you, I expect these features to the next version ...
  • Hi using AE2015, with regards to the position effect, Z space controller doesn't seem to work? I have tried making the text a 3d layer. Is this a known issue?
  • Hi using AE2015, with regards to the position effect, Z space controller doesn't seem to work? I have tried making the text a 3d layer. Is this a known issue?
    Hi Matthew !
    you need activated per-character basis in this text layer.

• Hi.
    When I push Apply button I see this message
    What does it mean?
    Thanx.image 

"An expression was disabled as a result of an error"

• Hello!
    Sorry for this inconvenience ! I think I know where does the problem ... I have to correct for the next update.

I contacted you in private message

Hi.
    What does it mean?
    Thanx.image 

• Hello!
    Sorry for this inconvenience ! I think I know where does the problem ... I have to correct for the next update.

I contacted you in private message

Hi.
    What does it mean?
    Thanx.image 

Thank you very much! Its works.
  • I have a general question - 
    I added simply an Opacity on a paragraph (HD 1920 Comp, 8 lines of text at 108px large), and even at a Third resolution, it seems to take forever to Preview. Is it normal for this script to be so RAM-intensive? It's a nice script, but if this is the case I'm not saving much time on my projects. 

Sincerely,
    Peter Baker

• I have a general question - I added simply an Opacity on a paragraph (HD 1920 Comp, 8 lines of text at 108px large), and even at a Third resolution, it seems to take forever to Preview. Is it normal for this script to be so RAM-intensive? It's a nice script, but if this is the case I'm not saving much time on my projects. 
    Sincerely,Peter Baker
    Hi Peter ! 

I understand your concern ! If you have a long text it's better to work line by line or word by word  with this script because to many letters increase the expression calculating time. If you just want to animate opacity letter by letter on long text the animation of after effect would do the job.

Best regards,

• Thanks, Wlazinski, for the response. 

I have a better understanding now, however for future reference, it's helpful to mention this, either in your demo video or the description. 

Sincerely,
    Peter
  • AMAZING software, Great Work!
  • THX !
    Useful also with CS5 !! ; )
  • This is a really great script, and super useful. It really cuts out a lot of the grunt work for simple text animations.

A couple feature requests that might be useful for any forthcoming versions:

1. A way to mirror the parameters of the In and Out. That is, sometimes I like to have the "Out" animation mirror the 'In," which means having to recreate the In animation  for the Out. Being able to click on a "Mirror In and Out" button or something like that would be awesome.

2. As others have mentioned, having the script either automatically or manually enable per character 3D would be amazing to cut out that step.

3. The ability to randomize (either via a checkbox in the effects panel or a button in the UI) the animation for the characters or lines or words would be great as well.

But again, excellent script!

• Thanks Jason Watson, 

As soon as I have time to work on version 2 of this script, I would not hesitate to consider your comments.
  • so crazily helpful - you just saved me many hours of letter rigging!
    cheers
  • I hope next update has trash button to rid off all controller and expression.
    It helps a lot!!
  • TextEvo is the most frustrating plugin I've ever used. There's no way of changing the time it takes for the animations to happen, nor any way of pausing the animation mid-sequence. Thank you for wasting hours of my time.
  • TextEvo is the most frustrating plugin I've ever used. There's no way of changing the time it takes for the animations to happen, nor any way of pausing the animation mid-sequence. Thank you for wasting hours of my time.

Hi! You need to collapse your text layer for check animation keys witch you can modify as you need... 

Hi! You need to collapse your text layer for check animation keys witch you can modify as you need... 

I appreciate that English might not be your first language, but "for check animation keys" is gibberish. I have adjusted every single parameter conceivable and there is absolutely no way to adjust the duration of the animation, it appears to be determined solely by the amount of text being animated. Short words take a few seconds to animate in per character; and very long paragraphs take several minutes to animate in. The time the animation takes to complete is fixed to the number of characters and appears to be absolutely impossible to change.
  • Maybe you should change the delay in the effects panel

I appreciate that English might not be your first language, but "for check animation keys" is gibberish. I have adjusted every single parameter conceivable and there is absolutely no way to adjust the duration of the animation, it appears to be determined solely by the amount of text being animated. Short words take a few seconds to animate in per character; and very long paragraphs take several minutes to animate in. The time the animation takes to complete is fixed to the number of characters and appears to be absolutely impossible to change.
  • Great plugin and a huge timesaver. Would love a global "reset" button for any particular layer using the script. Just had a client gut my animation, and remove all the nice transitions I used TextEvo to create. That would make remove those options much quicker... thanks!
  • such a great plugin! thank you for a huge timesaver. looking for a best simple and fast text animator and this is a brilliant
    couple thoughts on future updates:
    -add wiggle selector
    -maybe some additional elements from default text animators such as randomize order
    thanks again for that tool!
  • got a question - there is an input for Z in Position_In (below it it reads: 3D Point)
    - i have a 3D text layer - but only x and y position changes are showing up
    - am I doing something wrong - or misunderstanding what Z is in fact referring to?

Win 7 64bit - AE CC 2105.2
  • got a question - there is an input for Z in Position_In (below it it reads: 3D Point)
    - i have a 3D text layer - but only x and y position changes are showing up
    - am I doing something wrong - or misunderstanding what Z is in fact referring to?

Win 7 64bit - AE CC 2105.2
    Hi john, 

You must enable  per-character 3D : 
    I'm currently working on textEvo v2 this should greatly facilitated this task
  • thanks very much - that solved it !
    - looking forward to next release
  • +Randomize checkbox

Which would randomly animate in and out depending on your "BasedOn" setting.
  • Hi, if I hand this project over to someone without the Textevo plugin, will the text transitions in the project still work for them? The agency usually wants to project at some point.
  • Hi, if I hand this project over to someone without the Textevo plugin, will the text transitions in the project still work for them? The agency usually wants to project at some point.
    Yes of course ! They will open the project without the script.
    cheers
  • This script is FANTASTIC. An elegant time-saver that produces really high quality, customizable text animation with very little work. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU. Had to leave a glowing comment. This is the script to get. 
  • OK... falling in Love with it !

After some tests... I can see that it looks like impossible to dissociate effects (rotate, size...) from the only one curve.
    Is there any solutions for this ?

Could be a new option for next version.

Thanks Matthieu

• How do I apply / copy and paste it a Textevo effect onto another text layer, to make that layer do exactly the same thing? 
  • I've been encountering some weird glitches with text evo today in after effects cs6 - while working with 3 or 4 text layers with text evo scripts - I suddenly get an error message and all of the text evo stuff becomes unlinked from the text layers - the effects are still applied and I can see all the setting but the text remains static. I can't find any way of fixing this and so I have to delete everything and start again. Can you help me fix this problem? 
  • At first, thank you for that cool and handy script. Saves lots of time and is quite easy to use :)

But now I'm having a situation where I need to have 2 or more different Delays (e.g "Position_In" and "Rotation_In"). So, is it possible to link the "Rotation_In" value to another "Delay_In" slider?

I tried to manage it on my own but I don't understand how the "Positio_In" etc. are linked with the "Delay_In".

Would be really cool if you could help me/us! :)

Cheers,
    Jens
  • At first, thank you for that cool and handy script. Saves lots of time and is quite easy to use :)

But now I'm having a situation where I need to have 2 or more different Delays (e.g "Position_In" and "Rotation_In"). So, is it possible to link the "Rotation_In" value to another "Delay_In" slider?

I tried to manage it on my own but I don't understand how the "Positio_In" etc. are linked with the "Delay_In".

Would be really cool if you could help me/us! :)

Cheers,
    Jens
    Hi Jens! I have sent you a private message, you may find the solution to your problem.

Cheers,
  • Hello, i have a question, how i can save a preset with my text maked in textevo? i tried but dont work completly..... (sorry for my english)

Thanks
  • Hello, i have a question, how i can save a preset with my text maked in textevo? i tried but dont work completly..... (sorry for my english)

Thanks
    Hi Pablo ! For save a preset you need select all Fx and all text animation :

• +1 request for the possibility of randomizing elements :)

Il y a une future version prévue ?
  • Doesn't seem to work with the 2018 AE update. Dropdown menus are not selectable.
  • Textevo v2 Coming Soon ! 
  • Doesn't seem to work with the 2018 AE update. Dropdown menus are not selectable.
    it's strange that normally it should work, are you on apple?

Textevo v2 Coming Soon ! 
  • Yes, on apple. I tried clearing cashe and re-installing the app and it started working! Love this plugin I use it all the time! Excited for V2!!!!
    Doesn't seem to work with the 2018 AE update. Dropdown menus are not selectable.
    it's strange that normally it should work, are you on apple?

Textevo v2 Coming Soon ! 

• Bonjour,
    Super script, un grand merci !
    Je ne trouve pas l'option "Letter Spacing" dans le menu "Add".

Serait-ce une amélioration prévue dans une prochaine version ?

Merci !
  • Will support for turning off smoothing be possible? That would be wonderful.
  • Doesn't work with the 2018 update :(. Bummer, I used this tool all the time. 
  • Any fix for 2018?
  • Would be super awesome to have the option of having independent evolution control of each add on function. Also Reversing option for each function.
  • Thank you so much for this amazing and now almost indisposible plugin. one request that would be super appreciate for a later version is maybe making an appoint to copy and paste some animtions already created? thank you!