AE Pixel Sorter
  • This is a really cool plugin, when it works in 16 and 32bit depth, I will definitely purchase it.  Nice job ! 
  • Thank you Sean, this is in my priority list
  • http://myleniumerrors.com/2015/03/02/25-228/
    I repeatedly get this error message after i want to apply the effect to a film clip
    Cs5.5 here
  • Sorry you are having problems with the plugin. I'm uploading a fix version in the next minutes (1.0.1), you should receive a notification when ready. Thanks for reporting !

You can find the new version in the 'My Downloads & Licenses' section of your user account. 
  • Sorry you are having problems with the plugin. I'm uploading a fix version in the next minutes (1.0.1), you should receive a notification when ready. Thanks for reporting !
    Now that is fast :))
    thank you very much 
  • Hey Gabriel! Where's the best place to reach out for feature requests? One bug or feature I'd love to see is a 'solid alpha' checkbox. Pretty simple to fix otherwise, but would be nice.
  • Hey Gabriel! Where's the best place to reach out for feature requests? One bug or feature I'd love to see is a 'solid alpha' checkbox. Pretty simple to fix otherwise, but would be nice.
    Hm what is the fix for that ?
    would love that
    Hi !
    Please detail what you would see for such a feature and i'll take note for the next release. Thank you !
  • hey, 

is it possible to change the direction in which the pixel are sorted ?
    would be great
  • hey, 

is it possible to change the direction in which the pixel are sorted ?
    would be great

Hi Anton,
    This is a feature i want to implement in the next releases. As a workaround for now, you can add a Distort->Transform effect before AND after the Pixel Sorter to rotate the angle. I give an example at the end of the video tutorial.
  • Hi Gabriel,
    not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that only Highlights and Shadows work properly when I apply effect to images... When I turn plugin to Random, All Pixels or Simple Sort there is no way to control pixel sorting effect. Other thing I was wondering is there a solution to offset those pixels more than allowed threshold of 255? I working with really huge compositions (2K and up). Thanks! Looking forward to updates.
    Using CC2015...

Cheers!
  • Hi Gabriel,
    not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but it seems that only Highlights and Shadows work properly when I apply effect to images... When I turn plugin to Random, All Pixels or Simple Sort there is no way to control pixel sorting effect. Other thing I was wondering is there a solution to offset those pixels more than allowed threshold of 255? I working with really huge compositions (2K and up). Thanks! Looking forward to updates.
    Using CC2015...

Cheers!
    Hi !

Simple sort and Random cannot be controlled. This is confusing for now because the settings are still available, i'll ajust the UI in the next releases so it disables controls that are not used.

Threshold is not for the distance pixels travel. It's to select the breakpoint between light and dark pixels. 255 is the maximum value as it works only in 8 bits for now. The plugin will work with any resolutions.
  • Hi gabriel,

Thanks for this plugin.
    A resquest new feature for the next version: - the possibility to use an alternative source for sorte our picture.

best

Fcome
  • Salut François,
    Thanks for using the plugin ! Sure thing, this is coming in the next release. And i'm also very intrigued to see the results :p
  • This is a fantastic plugin. I'm using it for my film 'The Summerland Project' 

Would love to see a 16 bit version of this, but the 8 bit seems to work just fine for now.
  • This is a fantastic plugin. I'm using it for my film 'The Summerland Project' 

Would love to see a 16 bit version of this, but the 8 bit seems to work just fine for now.
    Thank you Adam ! Request had been noted :)
    Looking forward to see it in your project, please let me know

Gabriel
  • Wow this film will be amazing ! Congratulations
  • Wonderfull Gabriel! 

Days ago I was thinking to solve with thousand masks (per pixels) some direct blur and other secrets! lol! 

Thank you I will try it soon.

@AdamOrton Good Luck Bro!
  • Lets get that 16 bit and 32 out there!
    I want to purchase this asap!
    If i purchase now..do i get a free upgrade when 16 / 32 release ?!

Thanks

• Lets get that 16 bit and 32 out there!
    I want to purchase this asap!
    If i purchase now..do i get a free upgrade when 16 / 32 release ?!

Thanks

Hi Tim !

Thanks for the enthusiasm for my plugin :)
    This is definitely something i want to do, but I can't tell for now when it's going to be available. This is my first time developing plugin, and my goal was to make pixel sorting available in AE as soon as possible to that's why it's pretty basic for now.

I am currently developing the next release, but i'm focusing on new features like sorting an image from another layer analysis. I really want to port it to 16/32 bits, but it's just that I don't exactly know how much time it will take.

As for pricing, the updates will be free for a while, as long as we are in the version 1 of the plugin. And I don't intend to do a "version 2", if ever there is one, without adding a revolutionary feature like GPU rendering.

So for now, to be safe, i'd say purchase it if you find it useful to experiment Pixel Sorting in AE instead of exporting sequences and passing them though Processing.

Gab
  • Hey, really loving this plug-in
    definitely planning to use a lot more, 
    but please please please add the "alternative source mode" asap,,, it cannot come soon enough,, i really can't wait to play with that...
  • Hey ! 
    Thanks for the link. Totally weird video. That's super cool :P
    Yep, it's cooking ! I'm hoping to release this feature real real soon. 
  • Hey Gabriel,
    thanks for this awesome plugin! I used it heavily in my work for Ahzumjot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBP-DbSF0c

All the best, 
    Sebastian
  • Hey Gabriel,
    thanks for this awesome plugin! I used it heavily in my work for Ahzumjot: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBP-DbSF0c

All the best, 
    Sebastian
    sehr schön geworden :))

• Hey Gabriel,

All the best, 
    Sebastian

Thanks for the link ! :) Nicely integrated, i really like how you used the plugin. Sick song too.
  • Hey Gabriel, thanks for the awesome plugin!

The plugin works fine but everytime I open AE I get this following error

"After Effects error : opening resource file "AEPixelSorter.aex". (3 :: 54)"

Many thanks,

• Hi ! Thanks for the feedback.

Can you open a support ticket for this? It would just be easier for tracking and follow ups. Please specify which version of AE you are using and the version of your OS (Win7, win8, OSX10.1, etc)

I'll look into it
    Thank you!
  • Hi Gabriel,

Running v1.1 of AEPixelSorter through AE CS6 on a win8.1 machine. Dropped the aex in the /Plugins folder for my AE and I'm seeing nothing in my effects panel under the plugin name even after restarting AE. Tried dropping it in a few other places where AE looks for plugin files and it still seems to be missing it. Any idea what might be wrong?

Cheers,
    VAL_KYR
  • Hi! The plugin is under 'pixel sorting' category. Please let me know if you find it.
  • Hello,

in September I spent the better part of a week keyframing a whole 4 min video with Pixel Sorter effects. Now with the 1.1 upgrade when I open the project again since the record company has asked for a recut all my keyframes gets removed. Any suggestions on how to transfer all that work to the new version?
  • Hello,

in September I spent the better part of a week keyframing a whole 4 min video with Pixel Sorter effects. Now with the 1.1 upgrade when I open the project again since the record company has asked for a recut all my keyframes gets removed. Any suggestions on how to transfer all that work to the new version?
    Hi!
    Sadly i don't know any quick method for transferring this info. Since the parameters count has changed, AE resets the effect. But i can think of 2 workarounds:

1. The older version is still available in your 'downloads' section of your account, the fastest solution would be to reinstall the old version of pixel sorter to render the project.

2. If you really need to transfer the keyframes to the new version: open the project with the old version. On your layer, create a 'slider' effect (under expression controls category) and name it the same name of the keyframed parameter of pixel sorter. Then, copy all the keyframes of this parameter of pixel sorter and paste them onto the slider value. Repeat for each animated parameters. Now reopen AE with the newest version of pixel sorter and revert this operation : copy all the keyframes from the slider to the corresponding parameter of pixel sorter.

I hope this helps you deliver thr project!
    Gab
  • "Hi Gabriel,

Running v1.1 of AEPixelSorter through AE CS6 on a win8.1 machine. Dropped the aex in the /Plugins folder for my AE and I'm seeing nothing in my effects panel under the plugin name even after restarting AE. Tried dropping it in a few other places where AE looks for plugin files and it still seems to be missing it. Any idea what might be wrong?

Cheers,
    VAL_KYR"
    "Hi! The plugin is under 'pixel sorting' category. Please let me know if you find it."
    I just did a quick wipe and re-install of my drive, and after re-installing all of my plugins including yours, it now appears in the list! My guess is I was looking in the wrong folder for my plugins as I used to have multiple versions installed on multiple drives. 

The plugin works and exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much!

I'll make sure to throw in a good word in my circles, and I look forward to future updates! 

Cheers,
    VAL_KYR
  • What an amazing plugin!
    Congrats!

I would like to know if there is a mac version.

Thank you in advance
  • What an amazing plugin!
    Congrats!

I would like to know if there is a mac version.

Thank you in advance

Hi Marilou,
    Of course there is both Windows and Mac versions included in the download.
  • This product looks great, seen plenty of other people using it and they absolutely love it, however,

I think there should be a student option as I'd really like to use it for an art project but I can't afford it. 

Maybe something to think about, adding a cheaper version with less features?
  • Salut Gabriel,

I've used pixel sorter in production and thought you should know about it;

Thanks for the development
  • Great plug-in.

Updates: In the video you say there are more features on the way. Will this involve paying for an update?
  • Hi! There has been one update since the plugin came out and the next ones, as part of the plug-in version 1.x will also be free updates :)
  • Hey there, love the plug in! Just wanted to note that I'm experiencing consistent AE crashes when messing with the source layer function. 

Also, would LOVE to see an option to adjust the "pixel size." I'd like to vary thick bands with thin bands via different adjustment layers. The only workaround I've found for this is artificially scaling my layers and changing blending modes. If you have any other suggestions, let me know. Thanks.
  • Hi !

Yes the pixel size can be achieved by scaling the layer, or you can use a Mosaic effect on the source layer also. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll look into implementing this feature.

For the crashes, to help me resolve it could you please fill out a Ticket through aescripts website and write down your OS version, AE version and the specs of your computer. Thank you !

Hey there, love the plug in! Just wanted to note that I'm experiencing consistent AE crashes when messing with the source layer function. 

Also, would LOVE to see an option to adjust the "pixel size." I'd like to vary thick bands with thin bands via different adjustment layers. The only workaround I've found for this is artificially scaling my layers and changing blending modes. If you have any other suggestions, let me know. Thanks.

• In the comment below you mentioned changing the size of the pixel size through scaling or the mosaic effect - can you explain this further on how to do it both ways? Amazing work with this plugin.
    Thanks,
    Dan
  • Great work Gabriel! 

Using this for multiple transitions throughout a video I'm working on. I see how to change the angle of the pixel sorting using the "transform" work around but is there a way to actual change the direction as it wipes in and out. Right now it comes in frame right and exits frame right. 

Thanks for your time. 

- Mark
  • hello,

i have constant crashes with the trial version on a mac either with cc2015(13.7) as well with ae cc (12.2). Im affraid it won't change when i buy the full version, am i right? are you working on that right now? i read that others are having trouble with crashes as well...
    thanks for your work! the plug in looks great.
    cheers,
    chris
  • care to expand upon the new features pretty please ?

• hello,

i have constant crashes with the trial version on a mac either with cc2015(13.7) as well with ae cc (12.2). Im affraid it won't change when i buy the full version, am i right? are you working on that right now? i read that others are having trouble with crashes as well...
    thanks for your work! the plug in looks great.
    cheers,
    chris
    Hi !

I'm very sorry you're experiencing crashes. I'm having a hard time reproducing those crashes on my test machines. Could you pleas fill up a support ticket and give me all the infos you have about your machine (os, ram, cpu, year, etc)

Here is the link to fill out a support ticket: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1&product_id=762

Thank you !
    Gab
  • Hey Gabriel.... thanks for the fun plugin. We used it on every shot of this video we just created for The Webbys. Have a look!

• Hey Gabriel.... thanks for the fun plugin. We used it on every shot of this video we just created for The Webbys. Have a look!

Absolutely amazing ! Thanks a lot for sharing, and congrats!
  • So this is a single install license? Was hoping to install at work and at home, but I'll probably only be using it very infrequently so was hoping to purchase just one license.
  • Hey Gabriel.

Having an issue on some of my footage where the top left corner of the image is all that is previewed once the effect is applied.

Any idea why it's doing this?

some shit.PNG
    1920 x 1080 - 255K