• Great tool!  I've been looking forward to the release.  I ran into one hangup so far.  I'm running the headless version with ft-toobar and the color selections for the "Color by Type" are off by one color.  For example, if I select the color fuchsia for camera layers, when I run the script camera layers will be brown.  Which is the next color in the list above fuchsia.  It seems to happen with all the colors for the headless "Color by Type".  I have also notices that once I change a color for a particular layer type in the "Color by Type" settings and go back into the settings at a later time the default colors are reselected.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to remedy the issue.  Thanks.
  • Cool script! This would be close to perfect if it could also rename layers based on their content. Been looking for a script that would rename layers by the plugins they have etc :) Before that arrives to AE, I'll get this!

Btw is the icon coloring based on pride rainbow? Just wondering. 
  • Hey Kevin!

Sorry about those bugs! Will take a look and get back to you as soon as I can.
    Great tool!  I've been looking forward to the release.  I ran into one hangup so far.  I'm running the headless version with ft-toobar and the color selections for the "Color by Type" are off by one color.  For example, if I select the color fuchsia for camera layers, when I run the script camera layers will be brown.  Which is the next color in the list above fuchsia.  It seems to happen with all the colors for the headless "Color by Type".  I have also notices that once I change a color for a particular layer type in the "Color by Type" settings and go back into the settings at a later time the default colors are reselected.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to remedy the issue.  Thanks.

@Miika-- apparently some animation schools teach their students to set the default colours to a rainbow, so we're going with that. Clear and contrasty. Interesting idea about the renaming, though!
    Cool script! This would be close to perfect if it could also rename layers based on their content. Been looking for a script that would rename layers by the plugins they have etc :) Before that arrives to AE, I'll get this!

Btw is the icon coloring based on pride rainbow? Just wondering. 

• Hi Zack,

I've tried the script. Easy to understand. However i have tons of layers from psd/illustrator and i've already renamed them accordingly. Building01...Building02...Building03....redcircle01...redcircle02....and the list goes on. I dont think your script can color code the layers according to the name of the layers? so the script will check the layers for similar name and then color them accordingly. Prefix might do the work but i dont use prefix unless its for characters.

Regards.
    B.
  • Hi Zack,

I've tried the script. Easy to understand. However i have tons of layers from psd/illustrator and i've already renamed them accordingly. Building01...Building02...Building03....redcircle01...redcircle02....and the list goes on. I dont think your script can color code the layers according to the name of the layers? so the script will check the layers for similar name and then color them accordingly. Prefix might do the work but i dont use prefix unless its for characters.

Regards.
    B.

Hey Ben,

In this case the closest you can do is set the delimiter to '0', but that will only work for numbers up to 10 or so. If you can rename those layers to have an underscore or dash (Building-01, redcircle-01, etc), then Prism will group all Buildings together, all redcircles, etc.

Hope that helps!

• One question when customizing the Layer Type Label Defaults, is there any way you can pull custom names of layers from the preferences? I change all my colors and some of the names when I sit down at a fresh install — and I'm trying to sync up my defaults in the prefs with the Prism defaults. 
    It would be really helpful for the initial setup of Prism, I'm using this thing to make sense of those projects you inherit from someone else and its been great!
  • One question when customizing the Layer Type Label Defaults, is there any way you can pull custom names of layers from the preferences? I change all my colors and some of the names when I sit down at a fresh install — and I'm trying to sync up my defaults in the prefs with the Prism defaults. 
    It would be really helpful for the initial setup of Prism, I'm using this thing to make sense of those projects you inherit from someone else and its been great!
    Hey Ryan,
    This is now added to v1.2!

Great tool!  I've been looking forward to the release.  I ran into one hangup so far.  I'm running the headless version with ft-toobar and the color selections for the "Color by Type" are off by one color.  For example, if I select the color fuchsia for camera layers, when I run the script camera layers will be brown.  Which is the next color in the list above fuchsia.  It seems to happen with all the colors for the headless "Color by Type".  I have also notices that once I change a color for a particular layer type in the "Color by Type" settings and go back into the settings at a later time the default colors are reselected.  Please let me know if there is anything I can do on my end to remedy the issue.  Thanks.

Hey Kevin, this is fixes as of v1.1; update and it should all be good.
  • My biggest issue with Prism (1.2 and the previous version) is that any changes that I do to its settings wont stay. If I change anything in the settings and go away and go back... nothing has changed from the moment I started. 

And in AE settings I've allowed scripts to read/write access interent etc.

• My biggest issue with Prism (1.2 and the previous version) is that any changes that I do to its settings wont stay. If I change anything in the settings and go away and go back... nothing has changed from the moment I started. 

And in AE settings I've allowed scripts to read/write access interent etc.

Hey Miika, that sounds frustrating-- sorry for that! Can you open a support ticket to discuss this easier?
  • Great idea. Doesn't work on a mac CC2015 El Capitan AE.

Color by type is 100% off, regardless of the incomprehensible dialog for moving colors from active to palette.
    This needs to be fixed.
    rainbow default doesn't work at all.
    Parent chain coloring doesn't work when one chain is parented to another.

I'd like a refund please. I was SO hoping this would work.

• Great idea. Doesn't work on a mac CC2015 El Capitan AE.

Color by type is 100% off, regardless of the incomprehensible dialog for moving colors from active to palette.
    This needs to be fixed.
    rainbow default doesn't work at all.
    Parent chain coloring doesn't work when one chain is parented to another.

I'd like a refund please. I was SO hoping this would work.

Hey Trevor-- Sorry to hear that it's not working out! Can you please open a support ticket and I can try to take a look at these issues for you?  If we cannot resolve it we will gladly issue a refund.