• Hi, could I ask for a feature? The single most often changed parameter when I render is the quality.
    Is it possible to add a "Limit Data Rate" "Kbps" field? So I could add 8000 or 16000 or 30000 or whatever... :-)
  • Hi, could I ask for a feature? The single most often changed parameter when I render is the quality.
    Is it possible to add a "Limit Data Rate" "Kbps" field? So I could add 8000 or 16000 or 30000 or whatever... :-)
    Right now this is done in the aempgCodec.txt file by manually change the presets to the wanted settings.
    Why I didn't add a "Limit Data Rate" was because some codecs uses VBR, others CBR, others something else and everything is mixed so it felt better to place it in the presets instead, but it might be something to think about for the future of this script!
    What you can do is just duplicate the wanted existing preset and change the Kbps to your wanted value. That way you will always be able to quick get access to it for now :)
  • Hello!
    I have a question: while rendering to prores (in any flavor, HQ, LT...) I keep getting the "packet too small" message in the ffmpeg comand view while is working... the files seem to play afterwards but it is very unsettling. I don't want the clients to scream back at me... :-)
    It does the same whether AEmpeg creates the output first (I use 'best' or 'very best' quality uncompressed) or whether is encoding a project item (usually a QT Animation codec mov.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Javier Velazquez
  • Hello!
    I have a question: while rendering to prores (in any flavor, HQ, LT...) I keep getting the "packet too small" message in the ffmpeg comand view while is working... the files seem to play afterwards but it is very unsettling. I don't want the clients to scream back at me... :-)
    It does the same whether AEmpeg creates the output first (I use 'best' or 'very best' quality uncompressed) or whether is encoding a project item (usually a QT Animation codec mov.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance.
    Javier Velazquez
    Not complely sure why you get that, but I'll look for a solution! If you want more information you can create a ticket, that way I'll easyer be able to talk to you :-)
  • Hi Jacob, Thanks for the great work. I'm enjoying AEmpeg a lot. I have a question. Is there a way to control or eliminate the audio leveling (volume compression) when outputting "H.264, Good Lossy, mp4"?
    Thanks again,
  • Hi Jacob, Thanks for the great work. I'm enjoying AEmpeg a lot. I have a question. Is there a way to control or eliminate the audio leveling (volume compression) when outputting "H.264, Good Lossy, mp4"?
    Thanks again,
    Do you only get this when outputing H.264 Good Lossy or do you get it from any other output also?
    I don't get this problem myself when trying, but what I can guess you can do is edit the aempegCodecs.txt file and change -b:a 384k to something like -b:a 768k and see what happens.
    If you need help on how to do this, or if the problem is still there, write me a ticket and I'll be able to help you better from there :)
  • Hello!!! Great work
    is it possible to render video to MP4 using script like we render in AE using this command
    aerender project path/to/project Comp "Composition" output video.avi

Thanks
  • Hello!!! Great work
    is it possible to render video to MP4 using script like we render in AE using this command
    aerender project path/to/project Comp "Composition" output video.avi

Thanks
    I've sent you a PM!
  • Hi there, this plugin looks very promising and my hope was to encode mpeg-2 out of After effects but i can't manage to write the aempeg-codecs for that. My Approach: 
    MPEG-2 HQ:
    - codec: mpeg2video
    - wrappers: mov, m2v, mpg, mpeg
    — presets:
    —- None: -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 25 -g 15 -b 2500k -bt 300k -acodec copy

Can somebody help, please?
    Also it would be so great if somebody shares their Codecs?
    THanks
  • Hi there, this plugin looks very promising and my hope was to encode mpeg-2 out of After effects but i can't manage to write the aempeg-codecs for that. My Approach: MPEG-2 HQ:- codec: mpeg2video- wrappers: mov, m2v, mpg, mpeg— presets:—- None: -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 25 -g 15 -b 2500k -bt 300k -acodec copy
    Can somebody help, please?Also it would be so great if somebody shares their Codecs?THanks
    What is it that doesn't work? I tried your code and everything worked in VLC except .mov, VLC said that it missed the m2v1 codec, but when I tried playing it on Media Player Classic it worked without any problems.
  • Hello, Will This script allow me to render WMV's on a mac?

• Hi there, this plugin looks very promising and my hope was to encode mpeg-2 out of After effects but i can't manage to write the aempeg-codecs for that. My Approach: MPEG-2 HQ:- codec: mpeg2video- wrappers: mov, m2v, mpg, mpeg— presets:—- None: -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 25 -g 15 -b 2500k -bt 300k -acodec copy
    Can somebody help, please?Also it would be so great if somebody shares their Codecs?THanks
    What is it that doesn't work? I tried your code and everything worked in VLC except .mov, VLC said that it missed the m2v1 codec, but when I tried playing it on Media Player Classic it worked without any problems.
    Hi, thanks Jacob!
    It couldn't load the file anymore... it seems i had some rare typing issues (with the minus), when i edited the file with textedit. Doublechecked it and it seems to work now.
    Anyway some more predefined settings or example overview for people like me, who bought this script hoping to deal a bit less with the whole ffmpeg/Terminal-language thing, would be so great for the future.
    cheers and thanks
  • Hello.
    Is there a possibility to user multicore or/and simult. multiframe rendering? guess not :(
    there is a Hack for "Bg Renderer" - you can start multible renderinstances to render kind of real multicore rendering.- finaly using all CPU power we all have plenty. of cause its only working because of its frame-sequence rendering...
    AEmpeg is a really nice tool- rendering prores and things (yay) , but it is far from beeing as powerfull as it could be.
    Please. invent multicore Rendering;) I´m sitting on 32 CPUs with 1 of them rendering...:)

• Hello. Is there a possibility to user multicore or/and simult. multiframe rendering? guess not :( there is a Hack for "Bg Renderer" - you can start multible renderinstances to render kind of real multicore rendering.- finaly using all CPU power we all have plenty. of cause its only working because of its frame-sequence rendering... AEmpeg is a really nice tool- rendering prores and things (yay) , but it is far from beeing as powerfull as it could be. Please. invent multicore Rendering;) I´m sitting on 32 CPUs with 1 of them rendering...:)
    Hi! I'll look into it and how in the best way implant it into the AEmpeg! Can't tell exactly when it will be implanted (a lot of stuffs going on) but I'll work on it!

Hello, Will This script allow me to render WMV's on a mac?
    Yes. The script have WMV-preset already in it. Download the trial and try it out :) If anything, just write here and I'll help
  • What are the limitations of demo version?
  • What are the limitations of demo version?
    No limitations except for the 7 days trial :)
  • Multiple clips rendering one frame short.  Must be a frame rate mismatch.  If I render the exact same clip through AE and then encode using FFMPEG I get clips that are the correct length. 
  • Multiple clips rendering one frame short.  Must be a frame rate mismatch.  If I render the exact same clip through AE and then encode using FFMPEG I get clips that are the correct length. 
    weird, what framerate are you using and how long is your clip?
  • Has anyone experienced AEmpeg  v 1.2.3 "  hangs" with  either complex projects or different projects? ( AE 2015 v)
    It's been a roll of the dice to get this to work. Sometimes it works perfectly, and others, it just hangs at  "rendering 0 of 1"

If I wait long enough, I get a message in the mpeg queue box that says "DONE", but when I open the file, it's corrupted.
    Very frustrating. I am thinking it might have something to do with using 32 bit float projects.
  • Has anyone experienced AEmpeg  v 1.2.3 "  hangs" with  either complex projects or different projects? ( AE 2015 v)
    It's been a roll of the dice to get this to work. Sometimes it works perfectly, and others, it just hangs at  "rendering 0 of 1"

If I wait long enough, I get a message in the mpeg queue box that says "DONE", but when I open the file, it's corrupted.
    Very frustrating. I am thinking it might have something to do with using 32 bit float projects.
    It shouldn't be like that at all. Have it ever happen with any version before 1.2.3? If you can open a ticket here I'll be able to help you much better.
  • Don't work whith latest CC2015. I click on render and nothing append
  • Don't work whith latest CC2015. I click on render and nothing append
    What version are you running? My self and many others don't have this problem. If you're not running 1.2.3, please update. If you are running 1.2.3, please open a ticket here so I can help you better.
  • Hello,

Renders as expected. 

Looking to add  the H.265 codec. Is the library with the codec available in this version? If so what would I add to the aempegcodec text file to make it 
    a choice in the UI?

Thanks,

David

===================

Is there anyone using the H.265 codec?? I'm trying to add this codec to the script and it aint working. Any ideas?
  • Hello Jacob

is it possible to render ProRes 4444 with 12 Bit and Alpha Channel on Windows?

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Hi there!

I using version 1.2.3 with CC14 on Windows 8.1. Once the render is done on AE AEmpeg tries to do something but closes immediately, so there is no chance to see the error message. The only thing I get to distinguish on the terminal window before it shuts, is some red colour.

Is there anyway to debug what is going on?

Thanks!

Miguel
  • Hi there!

I using version 1.2.3 with CC14 on Windows 8.1. Once the render is done on AE AEmpeg tries to do something but closes immediately, so there is no chance to see the error message. The only thing I get to distinguish on the terminal window before it shuts, is some red colour.

Is there anyway to debug what is going on?

Thanks!

Miguel
    Hi! We'll need to take a closer look on that. Please open a support ticket here and we'll check it out!
  • Hello
    I'm trying to figure out how to render a ProRes 444 video at 10bit, rather than whatever the default is.  I don't see any codec settings in the UI.  

How can I add custom FFMEG presets if someone sends me a snippet like : ffmpeg -i original.mov  -c:v libx265 -pix_fmt yuv420p  -x265-params crf=10  -acodec aac -strict -2 newfile.mkv

Thanks!
  • Also, from what I'm understanding of this tool, it is basically a post-render action to invoke FFMPEG and encode a file....Your description says "Render with FFMpeg directly from AE", which seems to not be exactly what is happening, or am I missing something?

Thanks for making this though, very handy!

• Hello
    I'm trying to figure out how to render a ProRes 444 video at 10bit, rather than whatever the default is.  I don't see any codec settings in the UI.  

How can I add custom FFMEG presets if someone sends me a snippet like : ffmpeg -i original.mov  -c:v libx265 -pix_fmt yuv420p  -x265-params crf=10  -acodec aac -strict -2 newfile.mkv

Thanks!
    Hi! Prores 444 should already be 10bit.

Your wanted ffmpeg settings should look like this as a preset:

libx265:
    - codec: libx265
    - wrappers: mkv
    - presets:
    -- None: -pix_fmt yuv420p  -x265-params crf=10  -acodec aac -strict -2

Just add this into the aempegCodec.txt file in AEmpegs folder and restart aempeg and everything should work fine.

About the description, I ment that you can render using FFmpeg directly from within AEmpeg so there is no need to set up AEs render and then later set up everything again in a different software or commandline. Everything is packed in a nice package for convenience.

If anything more, just write here or if it's more support related, please open a ticket here so I can help you much better.
  • Great, thanks Jacob!
    So if a codec has settings for quality, color space etc...where do those become accessible in the UI?
  • Great, thanks Jacob!

So if a codec has settings for quality, color space etc...where do those become accessible in the UI?
    What you select in the UI is only presets, to edit then you have to change the settings in the aempegCodec.txt file and restart AEmpeg
  • I see.
    Would be great in future versions to make that part of the UI, if it is possible.

Thanks!
  • I see.

Would be great in future versions to make that part of the UI, if it is possible.

Thanks!
    You could make another preset for your codec. Add your wanted extra settings after "Presets:" under your wanted codec in aempegCodec.txt
  • Also, one thing I'm noticing, might be a bug, but once I use AEMpeg to render, the whole UI freezes...I can see it is rendering, the actual file is getting bigger and I've tested on short files, no problem.  However with long renders it is quite annoying to see the progress of the RQ...This is on Win 7 64bit with AE 13.7 and the latest version of the script.  I'll file a support ticket
  • This looks like a great script and we had the trial working on one computer. We then cloned this computer to create a second workstation and now the AEmpeg instantly fails and only writes a 4kb file to the desired location. This happens on a 3rd cloned machine too. It doesn't make any different if you bg render or not.

This is on windows 10 pro.

Other people seem to have had this issue where it flashes up some red text in the console window but you dont get a chance to read it. I managed to screen grab it and it says: blah blah "has not been used for any stream. The most likely reason is either wrong type (e.g. a video option with no video streams) or that it is a private option of some encoder which was not actually used for any stream."

Can you help at all please?

We have tried deleting and re-applying the the script, permissions, deleting the codecs and re-downloading, deleting the roaming app data.

Please help as we really want to buy this.
  • Any way to save output settings as template and use with AE render engine?
  • Any way to save output settings as template and use with AE render engine?
    Hi! Do you mean you want to save all edited settings in AEmpeg to use with AE render only? Maybe you're looking for the background rendering. That way a .bat file is created that renders using aerender.
  • Running trial. Interim render to Cineform from AE worked fine. AEmpeg set to make H.264 MP4, output mp4 file is zero bytes. AEmpeg status says 'Done'. What am I missing, need to render today and happy to buy if I can make it work!
  • Running trial. Interim render to Cineform from AE worked fine. AEmpeg set to make H.264 MP4, output mp4 file is zero bytes. AEmpeg status says 'Done'. What am I missing, need to render today and happy to buy if I can make it work!
    Hi! Is the file from After Effects 0kb or only the file from AEmpeg? If you can open a ticket here, I'll be able to help you much easier.
    Hi! Is the file from After Effects 0kb or only the file from AEmpeg? If you can open a ticket here, I'll be able to help you much easier.
    The AE export is complete. The AEmpeg is 0 bytes. Can't open ticket, as not yet purchased.
  • Hello Jacob! It's working well! :)

Only one thing, Is it possible for this plugin in the future to support Upper/Lower field?

Cheers Attila
  • Hi Jacob!

I plan to use Open Sesame server script (https://aescripts.com/pt_opensesame-server/) for full automation. And your script for rendering. Do you think it would be possible to call AEmpeg from Open Sesame and insert data from a .json file, and then start rendering automatically? 
     It could be a huge additional feature for this script if it could run with Open Sesame server using the same json file.

Mike
  • Hi Jacob!

I plan to use Open Sesame server script (https://aescripts.com/pt_opensesame-server/) for full automation. And your script for rendering. Do you think it would be possible to call AEmpeg from Open Sesame and insert data from a .json file, and then start rendering automatically? 
     It could be a huge additional feature for this script if it could run with Open Sesame server using the same json file.

Mike
    Hi! Sounds like a good feature and I'll put it on my todo-list, but right now I'm in the middle of a big project and I don't know when I will have time to implement such a big feature so don't expect it to happen very soon.
    Thanks!
  • Hi Jacob!

Mike
    Hi! Sounds like a good feature and I'll put it on my todo-list, but right now I'm in the middle of a big project and I don't know when I will have time to implement such a big feature so don't expect it to happen very soon.
    Thanks!
    That's great! I think it can wait till August-mid September. May I send you a reminder then?
    Enjoy your project!
  • Can we use it to render video from command line like aerender? I really need it if its working with command line rendering....
  • LaL XaDa said:
    Can we use it to render video from command line like aerender? I really need it if its working with command line rendering....
    Hi! Sorry for a very late answer, I have bin very sick this last week.
    Yes you can render with aerender through AEmpeg, the only thing you have to do is to check "Background Rendering" before rendering and AEmpeg will render using aerender. If you want to save the batch file so you can run it later again, go to settings inside AEmpeg and check "save batch file" and the batch-file will be saved in the "Settings->Open AEmpeg folder"-folder.
  • Hi Jacob!

I love your script as it speeds up my personal workflow a lot. Even the ffmpeg encoder seems to render a far better quality/filesize ratio than i have benn used to when using AME.

Nevertheless i would appreciate if it would be possible to
    either:
    -extend the batch file with own "post-render-commands" within the GUI
    or:
    -just save the batch file without starting rendering (i.e. to extend the batch file with own "post-render-commands"  )

This would give the possibility of copying, zipping or uploading or do anything futher "pipeline-friendly" operations with the final rendered file(s).

Perhaps this is something for a future release?

Cheers
    Roland

• Nevertheless i would appreciate if it would be possible to
    either:
    -extend the batch file with own "post-render-commands" within the GUI
    or:
    -just save the batch file without starting rendering (i.e. to extend the batch file with own "post-render-commands"  )

This would give the possibility of copying, zipping or uploading or do anything futher "pipeline-friendly" operations with the final rendered file(s).

Perhaps this is something for a future release?

Great idea! I'm working with an upcoming update and I'll add that to my to do!

• Yes you can render with aerender through AEmpeg, the only thing you have to do is to check "Background Rendering" before rendering and AEmpeg will render using aerender.
    Thanks.
    Where i can find how to use AEmpeg through command line?