Ease and Wizz
  • Hi, I wanted to know if its possible to set some kind of configuration, or anything, that make the moviment desaccelerate before hitting the end position, but coming almost to a halt, I want to make some moves that starts fast, and slow down gradually.
    Hi Leandro, for that level of fine control I would recommend the graph editor. Ease and Wizz is good for basic easing effects, but nothing beats the graph editor for custom motion.

Ian
    I'm looking for a similar functionality, I want a movement that starts fast, slows down in the middle and speeds up again. Basically an inverted version of an ease-in-ease out. Or is there and easy way to adjust the 'expo' script manually for instance to invert the motion/easing?

Love Ease and Wizz by the way, use it all the time! 

Best regards, Tomas
    For that level of control check out animationPATTERNSpro: https://aescripts.com/animationpatternspro/
  • Hi, I wanted to know if its possible to set some kind of configuration, or anything, that make the moviment desaccelerate before hitting the end position, but coming almost to a halt, I want to make some moves that starts fast, and slow down gradually.
    Hi Leandro, for that level of fine control I would recommend the graph editor. Ease and Wizz is good for basic easing effects, but nothing beats the graph editor for custom motion.

Ian
    I'm looking for a similar functionality, I want a movement that starts fast, slows down in the middle and speeds up again. Basically an inverted version of an ease-in-ease out. Or is there and easy way to adjust the 'expo' script manually for instance to invert the motion/easing?

Best regards, Tomas
    Hey Tomas, I haven't tried Animation Patterns Pro that Lloyd mentioned but I'd definitely give that a go. Otherwise I've achieved something similar to what you're looking for by using a customised version of an Ease and Wizz expression and a parented null. Please open a support ticket and we can help you further.

Ian

• Hi,
    The bouncing effects aren't showing up in the list. Any idea as to why?http://puu.sh/iYqkH/48caef4541.png
    I'm looking in the easingExpressions folder and everything seems to be there.http://puu.sh/iYruW/7346ecc9b3.png

I'm running CC 2015 on a Win10 Build 10162 machine.
    Hi Nick and anyone else who has experienced the menus being cut off on Windows machines: it looks like it's an error to do with scaling the UI on HiDPI displays. If you reduce the display back to 100% (under Settings > Displays) the menus should display correctly.

Ian

• Hi, 

Im getting an error when trying to use "Curvaceous" settings on masks. 
    Ive verified that the file is in the correct place, so Im not sure what to do now. 

I'm on Mac OS X 10.9.5 and AE CC 2015.0.1
    Hey Carlos, not sure what's happened as it looks like your comment has disappeared? Anyway: what is the error you're getting? Can you explain what behaviour you're expecting, versus what is actually happening? Thanks!

Ian
  • This Script is based just in expressions?
    The Script put expressions in properties, sure?

Thanks.
  • This Script is based just in expressions?
    The Script put expressions in properties, sure?

Thanks.
    Hi Tiago, that is correct – it just puts expressions on properties. 

Ian
  • I would like to know if there are any accents for these fonts... I will use it specifically in french language.

éèoùàâ

Thanks
  • I would like to know if there are any accents for these fonts... I will use it specifically in french language.

éèoùàâ

Thanks
    not sure you meant to post this question here. Are you referring to an animated font? Please open a support ticket and let us know which product you are referring to. Http://aescripts.com/contact/

• > Ian Haigh > This Script is based just in expressions?The Script put expressions in properties, sure? Thanks. Hi Tiago, that is correct – it just puts expressions on properties.  Ian

So I can do a project on my computer, with this script, afterward open the project on any computer with After Effects without script, right?
    After all, they are just expressions...
  • > Ian Haigh > This Script is based just in expressions?The Script put expressions in properties, sure? Thanks. Hi Tiago, that is correct – it just puts expressions on properties.  Ian
    So I can do a project on my computer, with this script, afterward open the project on any computer with After Effects without script, right?After all, they are just expressions...
    Correct, they are just expressions that can be opened on any After Effects, you do not need to have Ease and Wizz installed.
  • Hi Ian,

I've been using and LOVING e&w for a few years.  I'm on windows 7pro CC2015.  I am having some issues:  the menus continue to be cut off, but not only cut off, some of the items are not visible.  specifically, the 'Back' option is completely gone.  i read above that if I change my monitor settings to 100%, the cut off issue is resolved.  I am happy to report that this change has in fact restored all menu items; however, I can not effectively use my computer with the text size set to small 100% as the fonts are too small.  Plus changing the monitor settings requires me to logoff/log on each time which is time consuming.
    Untitled-2.jpg
    283 x 321 - 46K
    Untitled-1.jpg
    532 x 321 - 72K
  • Hi Ian,

I've been using and LOVING e&w for a few years.  I'm on windows 7pro CC2015.  I am having some issues:  the menus continue to be cut off, but not only cut off, some of the items are not visible.  specifically, the 'Back' option is completely gone.  i read above that if I change my monitor settings to 100%, the cut off issue is resolved.  I am happy to report that this change has in fact restored all menu items; however, I can not effectively use my computer with the text size set to small 100% as the fonts are too small.  Plus changing the monitor settings requires me to logoff/log on each time which is time consuming.
    Hi Brian, thanks for your comment. I've only recently figured out the cause of this problem, and unfortunately I don't have a solution yet. It's been causing headaches for a while … I think I may need to file a bug with Adobe.

Can you please open a ticket? I might have a workaround that I'd like to send you. 

Thanks, Ian
  • I've been using and LOVING e&w for a few years.  I'm on windows 7pro CC2015.  I am having some issues:  the menus continue to be cut off, but not only cut off, some of the items are not visible.  specifically, the 'Back' option is completely gone.  i read above that if I change my monitor settings to 100%, the cut off issue is resolved.  I am happy to report that this change has in fact restored all menu items; however, I can not effectively use my computer with the text size set to small 100% as the fonts are too small.  Plus changing the monitor settings requires me to logoff/log on each time which is time consuming.
    Hi Brian, thanks for your comment. I've only recently figured out the cause of this problem, and unfortunately I don't have a solution yet. It's been causing headaches for a while … I think I may need to file a bug with Adobe.

Can you please open a ticket? I might have a workaround that I'd like to send you. 

Thanks, Ian
      Hi Ian, I opened a ticket.  Thanks for your help.
    Brian

Ian

Best regards, Tomas
    Hey Tomas, I haven't tried Animation Patterns Pro that Lloyd mentioned but I'd definitely give that a go. Otherwise I've achieved something similar to what you're looking for by using a customised version of an Ease and Wizz expression and a parented null. Please open a support ticket and we can help you further.
    Ian
    Hi Ian, Thanks so much for your help, I downloaded it and tried it (worked great) but forgot to reply :)
  • Hey!

A happy user of Ease and Wizz here!

Only thing that bothers me now, is that I cant change the settings in different parts of a layer.

Ex. If I want a composition to fly in from the left with Type: Out and in the end it should fly out to the right with Type: In, it changes the first animation too. Even when I select the last key and then click apply, it still applies to all keys in that Position layer. Anyway to have multiple settings in a video without having to add 2 of the same compositions.
  • Hey!

Only thing that bothers me now, is that I cant change the settings in different parts of a layer.

Ex. If I want a composition to fly in from the left with Type: Out and in the end it should fly out to the right with Type: In, it changes the first animation too. Even when I select the last key and then click apply, it still applies to all keys in that Position layer. Anyway to have multiple settings in a video without having to add 2 of the same compositions.
    Hi André, thanks for your message, I'm glad you like Ease and Wizz! Yes this is a limitation of the script as it stands. If you can file a ticket I can send you a customised Ease and Wizz expression that might help as a future reference. Alternatively there are some other great scripts that might help to accomplish what you're after, such as https://aescripts.com/animationpatternspro/ or https://aescripts.com/expression-timeline/

Ian
  • Hi!
    I've added the file in script UI folder, but when i start up che program ease don't show up. i don't find script AE menu.
    After Effects 2015 / ElCapitan.

Thank You!
    Luca.
  • Hi!
    I've added the file in script UI folder, but when i start up che program ease don't show up. i don't find script AE menu.

Thank You!
    Luca.
    Hi Luca! Have a look under the "Window" menu – if it's installed correctly it should appear in there. Please open a ticket if that's still not working for you.

Ian
  • Hi!

Thank You!
    Luca.
    Please make sure you installed it at the root of the ScriptUI Panels folder and not in a subfolder.
  • Hey!

I tried to do the same thing, and found a workaround (don't know if it's the best, but), I used different nulls with different expressions. I had to divide my layer several times to parent it to the different nulls, but it worked for me. I had to do it fast, and didn't had time to look for other ways to do it.
  • Hi,
    Is it possible to add" end only" to the Keys list 
  • Hi,
    Is it possible to add" end only" to the Keys list 
    Hi Basem, that's a good idea – I'll add it to the TODO list. Thanks! Ian
  • I'm still getting a jump on inOutExpo in 2.1. :/

I noticed a while back that it was possible to apply the same keyframes to a different object and it wouldn't jump. But I couldn't replicate that now.
  • I'm still getting a jump on inOutExpo in 2.1. :/

I noticed a while back that it was possible to apply the same keyframes to a different object and it wouldn't jump. But I couldn't replicate that now.
    Hey Joe, can you please open a ticket? I've been working on this and I might have a solution, I'd like to get your feedback. Thanks!

Ian
  • Hi!

Thank You!
    Luca.
    Hi Luca! Have a look under the "Window" menu – if it's installed correctly it should appear in there. Please open a ticket if that's still not working for you.
    Ian
    I'm getting the same problem. Folder structure seems fine; image

• Hi!

Thank You!
    Luca.
    Ian
    Hi Louis, 

This looks to be fine, I'm not sure why it isn't showing up. Can you try adding another script to the ScriptUI Panels directory and seeing if it shows up? There are some free scripts at redefinery if you need to grab one. Please remember to restart After Effects after adding a script.

Ian
  • Hi!

Thank You!
    Luca.
    Ian
    Hi Louis, 
    This looks to be fine, I'm not sure why it isn't showing up. Can you try adding another script to the ScriptUI Panels directory and seeing if it shows up? There are some free scripts at redefinery if you need to grab one. Please remember to restart After Effects after adding a script.
    Ian
    Tried it again, still nothing. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but it won't show up no matter what.
    Am I supposed to run one of the .jsx files with something? Anyways, here's how the structure + my window panel looks like: 

imageimage
  • Hi!

Thank You!
    Luca.
    Ian
    Hi Louis, 
    Ian
    Tried it again, still nothing. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but it won't show up no matter what.Am I supposed to run one of the .jsx files with something? Anyways, here's how the structure + my window panel looks like: 
    imageimage
    Rather than putting the whole rd_scripts folder in there, can you please try putting one jsx file? For example, "rd_Approximate.jsx", just loose in the ScriptUI Panels folder. Then restart After Effects and see if it shows up under the Window menu.

I'd like to establish whether the problem is with Ease and Wizz specifically, or if it's your installation of After Effects.

Ian
  • Hi!

Thank You!
    Luca.
    Ian
    Hi Louis, 
    Ian
    Tried it again, still nothing. I feel like I'm doing something wrong, but it won't show up no matter what.Am I supposed to run one of the .jsx files with something? Anyways, here's how the structure + my window panel looks like: 
    imageimage
    Rather than putting the whole rd_scripts folder in there, can you please try putting one jsx file? For example, "rd_Approximate.jsx", just loose in the ScriptUI Panels folder. Then restart After Effects and see if it shows up under the Window menu.
    I'd like to establish whether the problem is with Ease and Wizz specifically, or if it's your installation of After Effects.
    Ian
    I did what you said and nothing is showing up. In that case, it must be a problem with After Effects' installation. I don't understand what though... Does the folder need to be in Program Files (or x86) to work properly?

imageimage
  • Does the folder need to be in Program Files (or x86) to work properly?
    Do you have more than one After Effects installation? If you do please double check that you are installing it in the correct one because otherwise everything looks correct from your screenshots.

But in order not to bore the rest of the readers I would recommend you move this to a support ticket if you need further help: https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1
  • Hi Ian,

Thanks, Ian
    Hi Ian,

Any way I could also get a copy of the workaround? Having the same problem.
  • Hi Ian,

Thanks, Ian
    Hi Ian,

Any way I could also get a copy of the workaround? Having the same problem.
    Hi Kaye, can you please open a ticket? I'll see if I can figure out the source of the problem.

thanks, Ian
  • Hey there,

How can I apply Ease and Wizz to the position of a layer whose keyframes are already being affected by another expression?

The expression I am trying to combine with the script of Ease and Wizz is being applied to the position of a rectangle shape layer which is linked to its size property, and it is also animated with keyframes. 

It looks like this:

Once I apply EaW to the animated keyframes, the script deletes the expression above automatically. My expressions knowledge is quite limited and I don't know where to place my expression to still affect those keyframes.

I'm on AE CC 2015.

Thanks in advance

• Hey there,

How can I apply Ease and Wizz to the position of a layer whose keyframes are already being affected by another expression?

The expression I am trying to combine with the script of Ease and Wizz is being applied to the position of a rectangle shape layer which is linked to its size property, and it is also animated with keyframes. 

It looks like this:

Once I apply EaW to the animated keyframes, the script deletes the expression above automatically. My expressions knowledge is quite limited and I don't know where to place my expression to still affect those keyframes.

I'm on AE CC 2015.

Thanks in advance

Hi Pedro and my apologies for the late reply. There are a couple of techniques to try in this situation. Often I use parenting to mix expressions – create a null object and apply your motion keyframes to that, then use the pick whip to parent your shape layer to the null. That way they're independent. 

Another method is to use the "Transform" effect, under "Effects > Distort". You can affect the size and position without interfering with the layer's keyframes.

Finally, Expression Timeline allows you to mix expressions on a single property, so that any one is active for a certain period of time. 

Ian
  • I did what you said and nothing is showing up. In that case, it must be a problem with After Effects' installation. I don't understand what though... Does the folder need to be in Program Files (or x86) to work properly?

Are you sure you are checking the same version of After Effects? Perhaps you have multiple versions installed?
  • Hi Ian & all my fellow aescripts junkies!

No issues here with E&W - loving it - no troubles...

Except that now I want the same thing for C4D!!! :D

Seriously tho... Anyone know of a similar tool for C4d :S :D ???
  • Hi Ian & all my fellow aescripts junkies!

No issues here with E&W - loving it - no troubles...

Except that now I want the same thing for C4D!!! :D

Seriously tho... Anyone know of a similar tool for C4d :S :D ???

Hey Chris, glad you like it! For Cinema 4D there's a tool called Smart Tween that has the same easing equations.

Ian
  • Diego P. said:
    have the exact same problem Mason is having, i cant see the type: "OUT" or the elastic, bounce, etc effects :\ i wont post screenshoots of it, since Mason already did 
    I'm not sure if you have all figured this out by now (It is quite likely), but I just wanted to add for those who are still experiencing this problem that the options for bounce and elastic are there, but the menu does not drop down that far. if you use your arrow keys you can still access them. Hope that helps!
  • Diego P. said:
    have the exact same problem Mason is having, i cant see the type: "OUT" or the elastic, bounce, etc effects :\ i wont post screenshoots of it, since Mason already did 
    I'm not sure if you have all figured this out by now (It is quite likely), but I just wanted to add for those who are still experiencing this problem that the options for bounce and elastic are there, but the menu does not drop down that far. if you use your arrow keys you can still access them. Hope that helps!
    Hi, I'm sorry that this is still a problem – I understand that it only affects Windows users with HiDPI displays (aka Retina displays in the Mac world). I thought that Adobe had fixed this up but evidently not. I have an alternate layout that might fix the problem, I'll look into making it available.

Ian
  • Ian Haigh said:
    Hi, I'm sorry that this is still a problem – I understand that it only affects Windows users with HiDPI displays (aka Retina displays in the Mac world). I thought that Adobe had fixed this up but evidently not. I have an alternate layout that might fix the problem, I'll look into making it available.
    Ian
    It is fixed in the latest version of AE, what version are you using?
  • Ian Haigh said:
    Ian
    It is fixed in the latest version of AE, what version are you using?
    That's good to hear – I'll advise people to upgrade if they're still experiencing problems.
  • I love this product! Only thing: it won't let me use the back or the elastic easing. Any tips on how to fix that? Everything else works like a charm. :)
  • I love this product! Only thing: it won't let me use the back or the elastic easing. Any tips on how to fix that? Everything else works like a charm. :)
    Hi Sarah, do you have the Curvaceous checkbox on by any chance? Try turning that off and the Back and Elastic options should come back – please let me know if you're still having problems with it.

Ian
  • Diego P. said:
    Thank you soo much !
  • Hello! Is there any way to use your "ease and wizz" plugin without making keyframes for a layer.
    For example, I want to set this expression for layer's position and I want to set it's time to layer's inPoint to inPoint+2. And position x values set from a slider controller. Is it possible to that?

Thank you.
  • Hello! Is there any way to use your "ease and wizz" plugin without making keyframes for a layer.
    For example, I want to set this expression for layer's position and I want to set it's time to layer's inPoint to inPoint+2. And position x values set from a slider controller. Is it possible to that?

Thank you.

Hey Josh, yes that's possible, though it does require a bit of tweaking. I've adapted one of my expressions that automatically moves a layer using expo easing, please open a support ticket and we can get it to you.. If you copy the javascript and paste it into a new expression on the position property it should move based on the in and out values of the layer, using expo easing, without any keyframes. You can add sliders to get more control (at the moment it just uses default values).

Ian
  • Ian Haigh said:

Hey Josh, yes that's possible, though it does require a bit of tweaking. I've adapted one of my expressions that automatically moves a layer using expo easing, please open a support ticket and we can get it to you.. If you copy the javascript and paste it into a new expression on the position property it should move based on the in and out values of the layer, using expo easing, without any keyframes. You can add sliders to get more control (at the moment it just uses default values).

Ian
    Thank you so much Ian for your quick kind reply. It works fine.