BeatEdit for Premiere Pro
  • I'm excited to try this out.

Are you planning on updating AE Beat Assistant to the new technology?
  • Hi Paul,
    yes, we definitely plan a version for AE. However, it won't be a simple port of the Premiere tool. In Premiere all you need is editing in sync with the beat, i.e. generating markers. In AE you most likely want to animate stuff in sync with the beat. Markers are helpful for this, but a BeatEdit for AE should be able to do more to support your animation. Therefore, it will take some time until this project is finished. You can expect a BeatEdit for AE some time next year.

For now, note that you can easily import the markers from Premiere to AE:
    When you generate clip markers, they also show up in the audio file when you import it to an AE project. Also, when you drag/drop a sequence from Premiere Pro to AE, the sequence markers are also imported to AE.
  • Hi,

I have Premiere 9.0.2,
    BeatEditPremiereCC2014toCC2015_0 wont install because "com.mamoworld.BeatEdit.80 dont have a valid signature"
    and BeatEditPremiereCC2015_1_and_newer wont install because i must have at least Premiere 9.1 ... can you help me ? (with the trial version)  

• Hi Stephane,
    usually, the best way to solve this is to open a support ticket here:

https://aescripts.com/contact/?direct=1

describing how you install it exactly and what OS you are using. Best with a screenshot of the error message.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Ummm, doesn't work.

I installed successfully as per your instructions and video. I'm running Premiere 2015.0 so installed that version of the plugin.

When I loaded the Beat Edit plugin and then selected 'Load Music', any WAV file I load results in an error "beat detection error: IBT failed". I've tried a number of different WAV and MP3 files.

I can then try one more time with the same error but then it really crashes in a major way - Beat Edit interface completely locks up - mostly with a crash "Adobe CEP HTML engine stopped working"

Running Windows 10 64bit i7 5960X 8 core 64GB RAM

I hope you can fix this or have some ideas as I could see this really being useful and a time-saver :)

Paul.
  • Hi Paul,

I am really sorry to hear you have such an issue. I will send you a private message to investigate further what causes this issue.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Hi Matthias,

I have exactly the same problem as DEFER Stephane with installing BeatEdit  :(

Do you have a solution already?
  • @ Matthias and DEFER.

I solved the problem by switching of Norton during installation of ZXP_Installer_setup.exe
    Ofcourse it is a bit strange that I had to switch off Norton, since the ZXP installer needs to be connected to the internet. Maybe Matthias can look into this for future clients. But for me the installation problem is solved now.
  • Sorry Matthias, but I'm back again. This time with the same problem as Paul Gale: BeatEdit loads the file but is fails to detect thebead. When it is at step 5 from 5 it gives the Java Script Alert file: "beat detection error: IBT failed"

Please let me know the result of your investigation of Pauls problem.
  • @Theo,

Nop, Norton has nothing to do with it ... It was a conflict with InDesign, ZXP_installer was just updated between your tries ;)

So, that problm is solved for me ... Now we're investigating with the developper, why it cant install BeatEdit on my computer. (And maybe after that, i will hopefully get the IBT failed error ;) )
  • Hi Theo,
    thank you for the hint with Norton. The ZXP_Installer_setup.exe downloads the most recent version from the aescripts server, hence it needs internet access.

For every Windows user with the message:
    "beat detection error: IBT failed"
    There are most likely some dlls missing on your system. Please install the x86 (32bit, not x64!!) version of the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
    from here
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145 ;
  • Thanks Mathias,

I will try this tonight and let you know if it worked.
  • Well we're getting there - thanks to Mathias and his very quick support, the beats are now being detected properly. Just one little issue to solve with the create markers not working and I think all will be well.

I must say that the beat detection seems to work very well - much better than the AE plugin. I'm looking forward to using it. At the moment for pretty much any production that uses music, I manually time and add markers on the major beats. This helps sync GV video to the beat which pretty much always is good. I think BeatEdit will save that time - 3+ minutes per track plus adjustment time, so should pay for itself pretty quickly :)

One tip I found out that's probably in the docs (that I didn't read!) - if you use the 1 marker per x beats feature, you can select the starting beat marker from the waveform display. The selected marker isn't very obvious though - so maybe as a feature request, it would be good to show in yellow maybe? That way, the major beats can be marked correctly.

One other feature request while I'm on it - the ability to zoom into the waveform display would be good to check accurate placement - and even an offset feature could be useful?

Good work Mathias :)
  • Hi Paul,
    yes, we definitely plan a version for AE. However, it won't be a simple port of the Premiere tool. In Premiere all you need is editing in sync with the beat, i.e. generating markers. In AE you most likely want to animate stuff in sync with the beat. Markers are helpful for this, but a BeatEdit for AE should be able to do more to support your animation. Therefore, it will take some time until this project is finished. You can expect a BeatEdit for AE some time next year.

For now, note that you can easily import the markers from Premiere to AE:
    When you generate clip markers, they also show up in the audio file when you import it to an AE project. Also, when you drag/drop a sequence from Premiere Pro to AE, the sequence markers are also imported to AE.

Good to hear that you're working on an AE version :) Yes, using Premiere to set markers is a good and simple idea :)
  • currently known issues + workarounds
    • error message "still could not find footage item although I just added it" when generating markers, update to the just released v1.0.1 of BeatEdit, which fixes the error.
    • error message "beat detection error: IBT failed" on Windows There are most likely some dlls missing on your system. Please install
      the x86 (32bit, not x64!!) version of the Visual C++ Redistributable for
      Visual Studio 2015
      from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
    • error message "beat detection error: IBT failed" on MacOS 10.8 or older we are aware of this issue and are working on it.

If you encounter any other issues - please don't hesitate to open a support ticket here: https://aescripts.com/contact/

The more details (screenshots) etc. you can provide, the quicker we will be able to help you.

• You might want to add the drop down box position thing in the known issues - although it's not a major issue.
  • Working really nicely now :)

The extra random beats are interesting. very cool how it detects and places these.
  • Hi, it is possible to offer BeatEdit for Premiere CS6?
  • Hi Marc,
    no, unfortunately the complex user interface of BeatEdit requires HTML5 panels which are only available in CC2014 and newer.
    For CS6, the best thing you can do is use Beat Assistant for After Effects and import the markers to AE as shown in this tutorial:
    http://www.sternfx.com/tutorials/119
    However, note that Beat Assistant for After Effects has a beat detection engine that is way less robust/accurate than the one of BeatEdit for Premiere Pro. Hence, Beat Assistant AE will only give good results, if the beat is clearly audible, whereas BeatEdit usually also deals with more challenging music.
  • Hi, Everytime I try to Load Music into Beat Edit I get "JavaScript Alert - file:/// - beat detection error.IBTfailed:

In one of the messages you mention that some DLL's are missing and you provide a link where to get that fixed... the link doesn't work :(

What can I do? 
  • Sorry, Miika, here is the correct link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
    And again: make sure to install the x86 (32bit) variant and not the x64 variant, although you have a 64bit system).
  • Sorry, Miika, here is the correct link:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145
    And again: make sure to install the x86 (32bit) variant and not the x64 variant, although you have a 64bit system).
    In a haste I installed x64, didnt work so I came back and realised you mentioned x86, which I installed and it works now.

Thanks!
  • Hi,

which timezone applies to the early bird offer?

Thanks
  • Hi Florian, I change the pricing manually each day in the morning when I get up. I am currently at Adobe Video World in California, hence the Thursday ends when I get up Friday morning on California which is some time Friday afternoon German time.
  • I'm trying the demo and it keeps giving me the message "failed to install -403"

Mac 10.10 Premeire Pro CC2015
  • Hi Mathias,  I  am getting this error message "The clip could not be
    found in the active sequence" and then a file path back to the audio
    file location,  when trying to create Sequence markers.  The sequence is
    active and the audio is in there selected. It will create clip markers
    on the file but not the sequence markers.
    I'm using V1.0.1 on a Win 7 PC.
    I
    did have to download and install the x86 Visual C++ Patch the install
    file recommended and then was able to install BeatEdit after the
    installer was first not able to see my CC2015 PPro version.
    Thanks for this cool product.
  • @Robert:
    I just replied to your support ticket in more detail. In short: make sure to use the correct zxp for your Premiere Pro version and the correct installer (the one that comes with the product).

@Philip:
    yes, this is an open issue currently happening on some Windows machines. I am still working on a solution which is a bit delayed since I am at Adobe Video World Conference currently. Fixing this will be my no.1 priority when I am back home next week.
  • Yes I saw tutorial videos and I already downloaded trial version, I like script I want to buy, but Trial is not working getting error like "The clip could not be
    found in the active sequence" I'm using V1.0.1 on a Win 7 64 bit PC. premiere pro 14 also I installed https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145  64 bit but and also I am getting an error  - Run Script error  -- P.getmarkers is not a function 
  • Hi Yogesh,

I am sorry to hear you have this issue.
    Is it correct that you can create clip markers but cannot create sequence markers?

If this is the case, it is a known issue on some Windows machines and I am working on a fix. I am at Adobe Video World Conference this week and therefore, my support is a bit slower than usual. Fixing this bug is my top priority for next week and it will definitely be fixed with the next update.

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Thanks Mathis,

Yes I can not create both clip markers and sequence markers

and I get an error Run Script error  -- P.getmarkers is not a function 
  • Hi Yogesh,
    could you please open a support ticket here and describe the issue as detailed as possible:
    https://aescripts.com/contact

Could you please check whether you have permission to write on the file and whether it makes a difference if it is stored on another drive?

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • It would be great if there would be seperate delete button for markers, as now you need to do few tricks to delete markers.

99.5% of the time I edit against the beat, not into beat. So why did I buy BeatEdit? The reason is lolworthy... BeatEdit helps me to make sure that I dont edit to the beat :D Few other perks it has for me is that it helps when I want to transfer from song to another etc. And sometimes I just might put edit to the beat at some spot, so this makes it faster. But it's useful even if you dont edit to the beat. In the example video of BeatEdit the style of the music fits well with cuts that are edited to the beat... so there are times when I would do it as well :)
  • Hi Miika,
    thank you for this feature request.

Do you mean to delete markers in the Premiere Pro timeline or to deselect the beats inside the beatedit preview?
    For the latter, I already have a feature request to add some keyboard shortcuts. Those shortcuts I plan to add will also include support for the delete key to simply deselect all beats in the highlighted region. Is this what you need?
    To delete the actual markers in the timeline, we already have the "delete all" button. Or do you want to delete individual markers?
  • Hi,
    I've read the BeatEdit-FAQ and found the passage "BeatEdit shows up in the Premiere Pro menu, but when started the BeatEdit window is empty".

I also encountered this issue. The extension window was either dark-grey (similiar to the Premiere UI-color) or white. It turned out that deactivating the DeepScreen of my anti-virus program Avast Pro 2015 fixed this issue - obviously your detecting engine is being blocked by DeepScreen, the processes located in the temp-folder didn't terminate with DeepScreen turned on. Maybe this workaround could help you, finding the core-problem.

And btw: A delete-shortcut for deleting all beats in the highlighted region would be nice. :-)

Keep up the good work
    ~Florian
  • Wow, thank you very much for this feedback, Florian. This is very helpful!
    I will add a note about it on the FAQ and point the customers to it who have the issue.
  • Hi Miika,
    thank you for this feature request.

Do you mean to delete markers in the Premiere Pro timeline or to deselect the beats inside the beatedit preview?
    For the latter, I already have a feature request to add some keyboard shortcuts. Those shortcuts I plan to add will also include support for the delete key to simply deselect all beats in the highlighted region. Is this what you need?
    To delete the actual markers in the timeline, we already have the "delete all" button. Or do you want to delete individual markers?
    I was thinking about delete button within the BeatEdit. Now you have to tweak dropdown menus to get beatedit delete chose markers. I think it would need a dedicated button for that. I wasnt thinking about removing markers all in all from the musiclip itself outside the BeatEdit, but actually knowing how to do that would be helpful :D 

BTW this extension is really handy. I've started to run all the music I use through this. For an example sometimes some cuts dont feel like working. Moving the cut away from a "beat" may help or sometimes moving the cut to the "beat" helps. Either case, beat edit is the tool that helps me to figure out easily this kind of things! Also moving from music to another has become super easy with BeatEdit! Adobe Auditions upcoming update will add remix feature that automagically remxises music to specific length, but before that I can easily make music tracks shorter or longer using beatEdits markers! So super thankful for this!
  • Great to hear you like it, Miika :-)
    Then you want exactly, what I have on my feature request anyway (delete button should remove all markers in highlighted region).
  • Just released BeatEdit v1.0.2 with various bug fixes. If you had any issues, please try again with the new version!
  • Just released BeatEdit v1.0.2 with various bug fixes. If you had any issues, please try again with the new version!
    Thank you. Creating sequence markers works as expected in 1.0.2.
  • Thanks a lot for the feedback, Florian :-)
  • I have error on new version 1.02 "Javascript Alert - file:///" "beat
    detection error" on windows 7 64bit home OS. I just load song and pauses
    at step 3 then error, previous versions it was same but said something
    like "beat detection error"induction 5s". It worked like the first few
    times then error after, I have pretty full hardrive 20 gig free on this
    pc for example.
  • Hi Ryan, thank you for reporting the issue. For such specific issues please always open a support ticket. This allows us to exchange files ect. much quicker.
    Best attach a screenshot of the error message.
    https://aescripts.com/contact/
    If you say it worked before, did you maybe enable some kind of antivirus software when it stopped working? In the support ticket, I can send you some files to do some more tests to figure out what is going on.

Cheers,
    Mathias

• PS: Ryan, did you try to install Visual C++ Redistributable 32 bit as described here? https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/beatedit-for-premiere-pro-faq/
    It solved the beat detection issue on Windows for all support tickets I had so far.
  • PS: Ryan, did you try to install Visual C++ Redistributable 32 bit as described here? https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/beatedit-for-premiere-pro-faq/
    It solved the beat detection issue on Windows for all support tickets I had so far.
    I did install one, but now looking at it may have installed the 64 bit one instead of 32 bit one! I will try this.
    Thanks

• Can anyone confirm if the current version works with Adobe Premiere 9.1? Windows 7 Pro. Thanks in advance for any assistance in this matter.
    Lenny
  • Hi Leonard,
    for me it works on 9.1 x157.
    In general, I recommend to test with the trial version before you purchase. If it does not work for you, please don't hesitate to open a support ticket.
    Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Thanks Mathias, Yes, I've installed the Trial... Haven't been able to get it to work. I was so excited to give it a try.

• Hi Leonard,
    then please open a support ticket here:
    https://aescripts.com/contact/

and describe as detailed as possible (best attach some screen shots) what you did an what is not working.

I read the support tickets as frequently as the forums here and do my best to help with issues as fast as possible :-)

For installation issues, please also see
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/zxp-installer-faq/

and for BeatEdit issues also
    https://aescripts.com/knowledgebase/index/view/faq/beatedit-for-premiere-pro-faq/

Cheers,
    Mathias
  • Hello,
    I installed the latest update to Premiere Pro!
    I installed "BeatEditPremiereCC2015_1_and_newer"
    In wanting to install the license I got the message (copy attached)
    I work under Windows 10-67 bits
    Someone you know it the same concern?
    Thank you for your answers
    Capture 1.JPG
    389 x 184 - 19K