• imageVertex Tool

Round that corner with the click of a button! Vertex Tool applies rounding algorithms to a shape by placing two (in some cases more) new vertices in place of original one at selected corner, based on a specified line length. There are 12 corner rounding algorithms to choose from.

https://aescripts.com/vertex-tool/

• Hi

Nice tool but i have an issue. It doesnt display properly. Here's the result on my AE CS6:

How can I fix that ? (everything's installed as it should be)

Thanks
  • Hi Dimitri.

Yeah, that looks way off.
    Any chance you are on HiDPI monitor?
    What Os?
  • Hi Dimitri again.
    I was able to reproduce problem.
    Sitting on it now and fixing it. Will let you know once it's fixed.

Sorry for inconvenience.
  • Hi Dimitri again.

I fixed this UI bug in version 1.0.1.
    Please, download plugin once again from the site and install it as always.
    User Interface should be fine now.

And thanks for reporting this back to me. Have no idea how i missed it.

Cheers
  • Hi,

No worries and thanks for having replied to me so quickly.

(Btw, i have a basic 27" monitor with a 1920x1080 resolution. Working on Windows 8.1).

THanks again
  • Cool, everything works well now.

Thank you,

Much respect.
  • Just installed the script... very nice work. I really like the capabilities it offers. Thanks.
  • Thank you Jonas.
  • Hi Jonas mate I can't seem to select a path on a shape layer any ideas

Greg
  • Hi Greg. Can you please open up a support ticket and attach a scene you are working on?
  • Hi there, Im having the same problem as Greg. I am still quite confused to how this tool works.
  • Hi Jake.
    There isn't much I can help you with unless I know what problems you have. Please open a support ticket.
  • Hi Tomas, would you like to show us on video how to exactly using this plugin with shape layers? The demo animation doesn't illustrate this.

• Hi Chris.
    All you have to do is to select a path shape, in your case it's "Rectangle Path 1" and script will work as expected.

Let me know if you need more help.
  • unfortunately it shows the same error, nothing happened. I just tried with Ellipse Path 1, Rectangle etc, no results. 
  • If you trying to work with procedular shapes (rectanle, circle etc) it will not work. You need to convert them to bezier splines. To do so, please select 'Rectangle Path 1' group and do right mouse button click. There you'll see option to convert it to splines (sorry, I am not at computer right now, so I might be wrong about the name of command).

However, this is not a bug - it's just the nature of procedural shapes. Scripts are not able to access vertex information if it's a procedural shape.

Please let me know if that works out for you.
  • Thomas there's no this option you talking about. Please let us know how exactly your plugin working with shapes.
  • Hi there
    This script does not work as you indicate in the video and manual.
    I have tried to encourage, to restore form and contains only errors

Is there any tutorial?
  • Hi there
    This script does not work as you indicate in the video and manual.
    I have tried to encourage, to restore form and contains only errors

Is there any tutorial?
    Hello Sebastian. Please be so kind to open up a support ticket and upload your AE file to I can take a look at your problem. Thank you.
  • If you trying to work with procedular shapes (rectanle, circle etc) it will not work. You need to convert them to bezier splines. To do so, please select 'Rectangle Path 1' group and do right mouse button click. There you'll see option to convert it to splines (sorry, I am not at computer right now, so I might be wrong about the name of command). However, this is not a bug - it's just the nature of procedural shapes. Scripts are not able to access vertex information if it's a procedural shape. Please let me know if that works out for you.

Its works fine Here,(Adobe AE CC 2017). I was having same issue as complained above.
    "Convert to Bezier Path" -result to- "Path 1"... Then "Select a path on Shape layer"(Path 1 as converted by Bezier path). Then Follow The tutorial Video or Pdf....
    Step 1.png
    708 x 214 - 12K
    Result.png
    708 x 208 - 15K
  • Why didn't you tell anywhere in the description that we have to convert shapes to bezier paths? It's a necessary information.
  • I'm trying to use the animate feature.  I need 2 of 4 vertices to animate.  Unfortunately the current iteration of the script allows me to only select 1 and have it animate.  As soon as I select #2, the keyframes get over written with the new animation.  Sure would be nice if I could pre-select the multiple vertices I want to be effected.  Any thoughts?
  • Just a thought as I'm trying this tool out currently. It would be awesome if this tool had a simple button on the UI for "Closed" - Layer > Mask and Shape Path > Closed.

Many times using shapes its moving between Parametric and Bezier. I have a script that converts the shape between these two, but a lot of the time for the Vertex tool options to apply it can help if the edge is not closed. As this is a Vertex tool and you have to select vertices it feels natural to have a shortcut to the "Closed option" quickly to hand to make this change then apply to the vertex. 

Just a thought as it would be very cool to have this little shortcut/feature included. 

• Thanks Chris, that sounds as a great idea. Adding it to todo list. Thanks.

Just a thought as I'm trying this tool out currently. It would be awesome if this tool had a simple button on the UI for "Closed" - Layer > Mask and Shape Path > Closed.

Many times using shapes its moving between Parametric and Bezier. I have a script that converts the shape between these two, but a lot of the time for the Vertex tool options to apply it can help if the edge is not closed. As this is a Vertex tool and you have to select vertices it feels natural to have a shortcut to the "Closed option" quickly to hand to make this change then apply to the vertex. 

Just a thought as it would be very cool to have this little shortcut/feature included. 

• Thanks Chris, that sounds as a great idea. Adding it to todo list. Thanks.

Just a thought as I'm trying this tool out currently. It would be awesome if this tool had a simple button on the UI for "Closed" - Layer > Mask and Shape Path > Closed.

Awesome that would be totally awesome. I picked this up the other week along with Roll-It and they are great scripts! Real time savers! Already been using them on projects :) Thanks for the awesome tools!!!
  • Have you considered support for creating continuously rounded edges? 

I.E. the type of rounded corners you see on apple products and in Apple's UI—sometimes called a squircle, which have a much more 'natural' looking slope.

I know this would be ridiculously useful for animating UI's that utilize this shape as there's no way to automate this in AE currently.
  • Tomas Sinkunas, congratulations on an innovative tool, and using your own voice to V/O the “Vertex Tool” tutorial. I wonder how many other non-American post production digital tool makers stop to think they sound silly and disingenuous, when adopting pseudo, musical-hall like American accents to voice aescripts + aeplugins’ tutorials? PS
  • I can't get this script (in trial mode) to work on masks on a layer.  I get an an error screen telling me the layer isn't a shape layer.

• This issue has been fixed in v.1.1.1.
    Cheers.
    I can't get this script (in trial mode) to work on masks on a layer.  I get an an error screen telling me the layer isn't a shape layer.

• Ae2020 installation v.1.1.1 run down
  • Hi. Do you have an estimate when Vertex Tool will be updated to work on AE 2022, please? Many thanks.
  • Can we get an additional target option?
    "Selected"
    That way I can select 7 interior points of out of 15 for example
    Love it otherwise!
  • Additionally, being able to set a hotkey to bring up the panel would be awesome.
  • This isn't going to be updated for AE 23+ right?
  • Compatibility updated to AE 2024.
    Although you better take a look at Penpal https://aescripts.com/penpal/ as it is far more superior option for working with shapes in After Effects.

Cheers.

This isn't going to be updated for AE 23+ right?

• OMG Thank you for such rapid update! Holy mackerel A Tier.
    Funnily enough, I do have PenPal as well but it still lacks the vertex rounding that your tool allows.