• Hi, just purchased the script, excellent timing, just needed this :) I noticed that although I specified i want only 1 speedline it creates 3. I've solved it for now by setting the separation to 0. Would be cool if it would remember the last color stroke settings too.
  • Hi, just purchased the script, excellent timing, just needed this :) I noticed that although I specified i want only 1 speedline it creates 3. I've solved it for now by setting the separation to 0. Would be cool if it would remember the last color stroke settings too.
    Thanks for the feedback! I'm surprised we missed that. Luckily reducing the Separation to "0" does resolve the issue, but we will definitely fix this in the next version. What do you mean by remembering the last color stroke settings?
  • Hi Adrian, I've been working with the script today and other than what i posted above it works like a charm :) Very nice script, saved a lot of time too.

What I meant with the last color stroke settings is that I would like the script to use the stroke color that I have picked the last time (the one that is set for colouring the stroke a shape layer). Or maybe a color field in the script UI. Last night I used it for trails on a lot of objects and having to redo the default white became a bit tedious. 
  • Great little script that does something that AE should be able to do out of the box but can't. I've been using it extensively today and I'm loving it. However, in addition to above mentioned issues, and the fact that it's kind of one time shot in terms of editing the initial animation there is one troubling issue; as you use the script across multiple animated shapes it really starts to drag on your resources. I have a sequence of about 2 minutes in length, with just under 12 animated shapes each using the script and my project has gone from snappy to laggy with each on I've added. I need to experiment more to see if precomping, soloing, and some tweaks will help but right now it feels like this just maybe a deal with it sort of situation. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
  • Great little script that does something that AE should be able to do out of the box but can't. I've been using it extensively today and I'm loving it. However, in addition to above mentioned issues, and the fact that it's kind of one time shot in terms of editing the initial animation there is one troubling issue; as you use the script across multiple animated shapes it really starts to drag on your resources. I have a sequence of about 2 minutes in length, with just under 12 animated shapes each using the script and my project has gone from snappy to laggy with each on I've added. I need to experiment more to see if precomping, soloing, and some tweaks will help but right now it feels like this just maybe a deal with it sort of situation. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for the feedback. Did you know that you're able to update your path after executing the script? I'm trying to figure out what you meant by, "...kind of a one time shot of editing the initial animation..." Could you clarify? We'll take a look into the resource management. Cheers!
  • Hi Adrian, I've been working with the script today and other than what i posted above it works like a charm :) Very nice script, saved a lot of time too.

What I meant with the last color stroke settings is that I would like the script to use the stroke color that I have picked the last time (the one that is set for colouring the stroke a shape layer). Or maybe a color field in the script UI. Last night I used it for trails on a lot of objects and having to redo the default white became a bit tedious. 
    Ah, that makes sense. That's a good idea. It can be tedious to dig into the layers just for changing colors. In that situation, I usually copy a Fill effect with the color I want and paste it onto each duplication. You're right though, we should look into a more efficient way.
  • Hi Adrian, This is really wonderful script , I just tried the trial version , I really like it, but it would be useful for me if you make the lines automatic trims like what we saw in your video , and also it would be great if you add stroke width with expression control slider inside the control panel because I will use it a lot in my work, and If you could add option to make the lines in random order that would be impressive.

If you are able to add those changes in next update , I would buy it immediately.
    Cheers
  • Wouldnt it be great if there would be a plug-in/script that would enable drawing lines in Z space / 3D. I bet it's not possible with shapes, but still... it would be kinda cool! I have high hopes to see new features added to this script. Would be really handy to have more controls in the "control panel".
  • Wouldnt it be great if there would be a plug-in/script that would enable drawing lines in Z space / 3D. I bet it's not possible with shapes, but still... it would be kinda cool! I have high hopes to see new features added to this script. Would be really handy to have more controls in the "control panel".
    Yes! I was envisioning that while we worked on this. It must be done. Something we'll look into for sure. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and support. :-)
  • Hi Adrian, This is really wonderful script , I just tried the trial version , I really like it, but it would be useful for me if you make the lines automatic trims like what we saw in your video , and also it would be great if you add stroke width with expression control slider inside the control panel because I will use it a lot in my work, and If you could add option to make the lines in random order that would be impressive.

If you are able to add those changes in next update , I would buy it immediately.
    Cheers
    Do you mean at about 4 seconds into the video? We spent months trying to get that to work automatically based on animation speed, but it proved impossible to have look proper when combining several keyframes of varying speed, so we decided to lose it. That was the main goal behind making the script originally; it's unfortunate we weren't able to make it happen in this first version. 

I hear you loud and clear about adding more options for the control panel. :-)
    In regards to creating just 1 line, that has been fixed with the latest version: 1.0.1 is now live. Thanks for the note!
  • Sounds good , just bought it.
    I will come back with new ideas to develop this script .
  • Hi, 
    why version 1.0 1. still not available to download ?!
  • Hi, 
    why version 1.0 1. still not available to download ?!
    Sorry, that was my mistake. It should be working now!
  • Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for the updates.

I have a new suggestion, why you don't  give the script the ability to link " point light" to the anchor point ?Because in this case we could get the benefit of using Trapcode Particular to make the lines work automatically based on animation speed.

what's your opinion ?
  • Hi Adrian,
    Thanks for the updates.

I have a new suggestion, why you don't  give the script the ability to link " point light" to the anchor point ?Because in this case we could get the benefit of using Trapcode Particular to make the lines work automatically based on animation speed.

what's your opinion ?
    That doesn't work currently? If not, that is a great idea; we'll look into it. Thanks for taking the time to share feedback. It's very helpful. :-)
  • It would be cool if you could have a option to "draw lines". Now the lines follow the object, which is cool. If you want to make SpeedLines to draw lines, instead of making lines to follow a object you can do that by keyframing the length of the lines. But wouldnt it be cool if you could automate that by simply clicking a checkbox in the SpeedLines script.
  • It would be cool if you could have a option to "draw lines". Now the lines follow the object, which is cool. If you want to make SpeedLines to draw lines, instead of making lines to follow a object you can do that by keyframing the length of the lines. But wouldnt it be cool if you could automate that by simply clicking a checkbox in the SpeedLines script.

Thanks for the comment, Miika. That's a good idea, and it shouldn't be too hard to implement. We'll definitely look into this. :-) Cheers!

06/02/15 Edit: We are actively working on this for the next version. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Hi,
    Please I need this script to work even if theres is no keyframes.

Because I could use some expressions to make the movement of the layer without use any keyframes.

• Hi,Please I need this script to work even if theres is no keyframes.
    Because I could use some expressions to make the movement of the layer without use any keyframes.

That is a great idea. We're looking into it!

06/02/15 Edit: We are actively working on this for the next version. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • If anyone would like to help beta test the next Speed Lines update, feel free to contact me: [email protected]. We're working hard to bring the full potential of this script to life!
  • Version 1.2 is now live! It includes support for Parenting / Expressions and manual control of the stroke's end point.
  • Hi Adrian,
    Is it possible to include the Dashes to the controls panel ? that's will save us a lot of time
  • Hi Adrian,

I'm seeing issues when I try to generate a speed line that works in 3D space, is that currently supported?
  • Hi Adrian,

I'm seeing issues when I try to generate a speed line that works in 3D space, is that currently supported?
    David, unfortunately it's not. Z-space support is a big hope of mine for both Speed Lines and Easy Arrows, but it proved too difficult to achieve in these versions. 
  • Hi Adrian ,

Thank you for the script very handy , can you make an option shrink Speed Lines Length automatically so it start after the shape move and it end after the shape stopped , i have to modify Speed Lines Length in tones of layers in the begging and at the end of the animation , its like Cinema 4D Sketch$&Toon lines called motion , it start appears after the object move and it shrink after the object stoped , 
  • Hi Adrian ,

Thank you for the script very handy , can you make an option shrink Speed Lines Length automatically so it start after the shape move and it end after the shape stopped , i have to modify Speed Lines Length in tones of layers in the begging and at the end of the animation , its like Cinema 4D Sketch$&Toon lines called motion , it start appears after the object move and it shrink after the object stoped , 
    That was exactly what I wanted from this script as well, but during development that specific feature ended up causing so many problems we had to abandon—it's unlikely we'll be making further attempts.
  • Hi Adrian ,

That was exactly what I wanted from this script as well, but during development that specific feature ended up causing so many problems we had to abandon—it's unlikely we'll be making further attempts.
    I have a simple solution if I understood your question correctly. Use the "speed"-Value of a position movement and link this to the Lines Length.
    Expression on Speed Lines Length:
    thisComp.layer("YOUR_OBJECT").position.speed/100

Now the lines behave dynamically. You must play with the value 100. Maybe some other value is better in your case.
    I hope this was of any help,

• Hello,

Your plugin seems like it could deliver on what I am attempting to do.  Is it possible to connect the start and end of a line to two (or more) null objects.   Let's say that I have tracked an object with two or more null points attached.  Could your script allow lines to be connected to each null and if so, how would it be done?
  • Please update to version 1.3 for CC19 compatibility. Rock on!
  • hey,
    i have to say the script does not work at all... I have AF CC 2019 tried it in every manner possible. It is possible to get your money back ?
  • Please open a support ticket so we can investigate and get a refund started for you. Thanks!
    hey,
    i have to say the script does not work at all... I have AF CC 2019 tried it in every manner possible. It is possible to get your money back ?

• Hello, great script! Just bought,  I tried to add a gradient to lines, but the gradient is apllyied to entire path, not only in the speed line.So when the object moves, the gradient don"t move with him.

I can achieve this using nulls, but If has an easy way to do, or maybe add this feature of color control inside the lines it is awesome!

Thank you!
  • Nice script!
    Would be awesome if it worked when parented too!
  • Sorry, saw that parenting was an option, awesome!
    Anyway to add resolution to the path that is made? 
    When using fast curved movements, the the curve gets jagged.

Cheers!
  • Is it possible to have the lines fade at the end of the line?
  • will this work with 3D layers?
  • will this work with 3D layers?
    No, I don't believe it will.